Summer Hols

Budgie's Boyfriend

Budgie's Boyfriend

I know it's probably been discussed many times on here but I'm pretty stuck of where to go this summer , give me some ideas please , also what it's costing etc 

cheers

1 hour ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

I know it's probably been discussed many times on here but I'm pretty stuck of where to go this summer , give me some ideas please , also what it's costing etc 

cheers

Think you've missed the boat mate.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

:phface:

It's Autumn mate. 

I'm guessing he means next year?  Bloody hope so :biggrin:

:whistling: 

Budgie's Boyfriend

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What kind of holiday are you looking for? 

Beach holiday probably , just wondering where everybody goes and what they recommend etc

4 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Beach holiday probably , just wondering where everybody goes and what they recommend etc

I'd recommend getting yourself an all inclusive trip to the Caribbean somewhere. Bigger initial cost but you can spend as little as nothing once you are there if you so choose.

Budgie's Boyfriend
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I'd recommend getting yourself an all inclusive trip to the Caribbean somewhere. Bigger initial cost but you can spend as little as nothing once you are there if you so choose.

Anywhere in the Caribbean you can recommend Soops?

2 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

Anywhere in the Caribbean you can recommend Soops?

If you want the option of also getting out and about then Varadero in Cuba or Cancun in Mexico would be good. If you're happy to just mainly be in the hotel (keep in mind most do have multiple beaches, pools, bars and restaurants) then Dominican Republic would be an option. I've done Jamaica the last couple of years and the hotel ice stayed at is in the middle of nowhere but has really good restaurant options. We've kept ourselves entertained by having a few day trips. On our last visit we went and stayed in Negril for the night which meant we could get out to the nightlife etc too.

Budgie's Boyfriend
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I’m a wee bit biased Budgie but, have you considered the South of France?

The south of France looks amazing , tell me more , best places etc 

Just now, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

The south of France looks amazing , tell me more , best places etc 

You would have to make Nice your ‘base’.

It’s 20 minutes by train to Monaco/Monte Carlo.  It’s about 40 minutes to Cannes and Antibes. It’s about 50 minutes (the other way) to cross the border into Italy.  I live just 15 minutes from the Italian border (on the coast).  Google for wee places like Beaulieu sur Mer,  Villefranche, Eze village, Roquebrune Cap Martin - all delightful to visit.

PM me if you want any info, anything at all.  I’m at your disposal on this one. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't get travelling to another continent just to laze about on a beach, but each to their own. 

I'm away to thailand for 10 nights next july. Get 2 in Bangkok then down to pattaya to a beach resort costing £1300 each but flying back business class. If you want a bit closer to home new york is decent enough.

Budgie's Boyfriend
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

You would have to make Nice your ‘base’.

It’s 20 minutes by train to Monaco/Monte Carlo.  It’s about 40 minutes to Cannes and Antibes. It’s about 50 minutes (the other way) to cross the border into Italy.  I live just 15 minutes from the Italian border (on the coast).  Google for wee places like Beaulieu sur Mer,  Villefranche, Eze village, Roquebrune Cap Martin - all delightful to visit.

PM me if you want any info, anything at all.  I’m at your disposal on this one. :thumbsup:

Cheers Morgan , I will take a look ?

chester copperpot

I am touring Scotland next year as I have done the past few years.

Passports expired and no intention of renewing it as yet.

Scotland is stunning

Budgie's Boyfriend
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Scotland is stunning

I agree , Scotland is stunning and I've hardly scratched the surface ,as with many other folk, the weather puts me off heading miles away to be baltic and wet , good to look at in photos and on the TV though :)

Edited by Budgie's Boyfriend

chester copperpot
26 minutes ago, Budgie's Boyfriend said:

I agree , Scotland is stunning and I've hardly scratched the surface ,as with many other folk, the weather puts me off heading miles away to be baltic and wet , good to look at in photos and on the TV though :)

I hate the heat so this weather does me fine and dandy haha

8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't get travelling to another continent just to laze about on a beach, but each to their own. 

Nor do I, which is why I always get out of the hotel and see part of wherever it is I go.

But if you are someone who likes to just lie by the beach/pool for two weeks then the value for money you get going to places like the Caribbean is a lot better than you would get if you stayed in Europe. For those who don't like to be disturbed by kids there is also the added benefit that there are adults only options and far less kids about at hotels that do allow them.

15 minutes ago, benny said:

Go to Italy every Summer.

Thinking of Venice,Florence and Rome for visiting churches this time.

Then head south for the Naples area.

Is churches a metaphor for something?

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

A sun bed would suffice.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Scotland is stunning

Have you ever been to Arisaig?

Seen photos of and it looks amazing.

Samuel Camazzola

Croatia. Flights from Scotland are only around 3 hours. Jet2 flight times are superb (depart before 7 am, head home around midday). 

Places like Cavtat are only 10 minute transfer from the airport. Plenty boat trips that can be arranged on the spot to neighbouring resorts, islands and Debrovnik. If you're into Game Of Thrones, you can see the sights of where filming takes place. 

Great food, reasonably priced and cracking weather on the Adriatic April to November. 

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Have you ever been to Arisaig?

Seen photos of and it looks amazing.

No but have a friend that raves about it. White sand beaches etc. Sounds amazing 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

No but have a friend that raves about it. White sand beaches etc. Sounds amazing 

Definitely want go there some time.

Budgie's Boyfriend
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Croatia. Flights from Scotland are only around 3 hours. Jet2 flight times are superb (depart before 7 am, head home around midday). 

Places like Cavtat are only 10 minute transfer from the airport. Plenty boat trips that can be arranged on the spot to neighbouring resorts, islands and Debrovnik. If you're into Game Of Thrones, you can see the sights of where filming takes place. 

Great food, reasonably priced and cracking weather on the Adriatic April to November. 

Looks pretty decent 

After gong to fuertaventura this summer, I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Not too loud, never seen 2 drunken arsehole the whole time, locals were really friendly. I want to retire there when I'm that age.