Gerry Cinnamon

benny

7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

?

I don't mind them TBH.  Gid Indy supporters too.  ?

:cornette: 

You've really mistaken the purpose of this forum. I’ve genuinely never seen you comment on something not related to your agenda.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You've really mistaken the purpose of this forum. I’ve genuinely never seen you comment on something not related to your agenda.

I replied to Ron Burgundy, we sometimes share a pint or 2 before and after HMFC matches, in real life. That OK?

36 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I have to say that Space is by quite a distance the most irritating pro-independence poster on here (don't get me wrong - there are also irritating anti-independence posters). What he doesn't realise though is that he is constantly doing his cause a disservice by the frequency and nature of his comments.

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

I have to say that Space is by quite a distance the most irritating pro-independence poster on here (don't get me wrong - there are also irritating anti-independence posters). What he doesn't realise though is that he is constantly doing his cause a disservice by the frequency and nature of his comments.

It wasn't that long ago I got a text message off a fellow poster on here telling me I was missed by the pro-Union posters as I hadn't posted in a few months :lol:

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

It wasn't that long ago I got a text message off a fellow poster on here telling me I was missed by the pro-Union posters as I hadn't posted in a few months :lol:

:D

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Anyway, people who post are so entrenched on their views on here, they'll never change, all a bit pointless TBH.

It's good for making some people look quite stupid though. ?

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Anyway, people who post are so entrenched on their views on here, they'll never change, all a bit pointless TBH.

It's good for making some people look quite stupid though. ?

We are indeed, but then most people in life are quite entrenched in their views, even more so the older you get.

I just personally know that I am more likely to be persuaded to vote Yes the next time by reasoned arguments from folks who set the "We are the lapdogs of the English; it is our right to self-govern; freedom!; everything will be fine; those unionists are all scaredy cats and the points they make are worthless etc." arguments aside and admit that there will be both costs and benefits from becoming an independent country, that opposition concerns are genuine, but that while there may be difficulties, the benefits will outweigh the costs and that with hard work independence will be advantageous for the people who live here.

But then again, I'm in the wrong thread for that. :)

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

We are indeed, but then most people in life are quite entrenched in their views, even more so the older you get.

I just personally know that I am more likely to be persuaded to vote Yes the next time by reasoned arguments from folks who set the "We are the lapdogs of the English; it is our right to self-govern; freedom!; everything will be fine; those unionists are all scaredy cats and the points they make are worthless etc." arguments aside and admit that there will be both costs and benefits from becoming an independent country, that opposition concerns are genuine, but that while there may be difficulties, the benefits will outweigh the costs and that with hard work independence will be advantageous for the people who live here.

But then again, I'm in the wrong thread for that. :)

Music is very subjective, there is no right or wrong.

You vote whatever way you want Red. I was a Unionist once a long, long time ago.

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Music is very subjective, there is no right or wrong.

You vote whatever way you want Red. I was a Unionist once a long, long time ago.

I intend to, but I still hope that there are enough calm-headed responsible supporters of independence around to make the case that persuades me to vote Yes.

As a side point, I'm not a great fan of this term "Unionist", particularly since it is now flung about in a derogatory fashion. Being of an older age, Unionists to me hang out in Northern Ireland. ;) The division of folk into "Nationalists" and "Unionists" just helps to entrench each side more and more. I guess that's why so many people like the terms.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I intend to, but I still hope that there are enough calm-headed responsible supporters of independence around to make the case that persuades me to vote Yes.

As a side point, I'm not a great fan of this term "Unionist", particularly since it is now flung about in a derogatory fashion. Being of an older age, Unionists to me hang out in Northern Ireland. ;) The division of folk into "Nationalists" and "Unionists" just helps to entrench each side more and more. I guess that's why so many people like the terms.

You should get a Twitter account and follow some peeps then who put it over better than me.  Plenty of them.

Better get back to talking about Gerry and all HIS faults, the majority of the board will be going apoplectic.

7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You should get a Twitter account and follow some peeps then who put it over better than me.  Plenty of them.

Better get back to talking about Gerry and all HIS faults, the majority of the board will be going apoplectic.

A normal state of affairs. :)

4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I replied to Ron Burgundy, we sometimes share a pint or 2 before and after HMFC matches, in real life. That OK?

No idea why I wouldn’t be. Just commenting on your post history on this forum.

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

No idea why I wouldn’t be. Just commenting on your post history on this forum.

I'm surely allowed to post on whatever thread I want?  Same as you and Ron B and everyone else for that matter?

8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I'm surely allowed to post on whatever thread I want?  Same as you and Ron B and everyone else for that matter?

Aye crack on.

And if I find it bizarre that you post mostly on political topics as opposed to football ones I’ll feel free to post regarding that.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Aye crack on.

And if I find it bizarre that you post mostly on political topics as opposed to football ones I’ll feel free to post regarding that.

I have 3 WhatsApp chats going with about 25 Hearts fans on my phone so my HMFC topics are sufficiently covered, thanks. No need to talk to anonymous people on the internet about it. 

11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I have 3 WhatsApp chats going with about 25 Hearts fans on my phone so my HMFC topics are sufficiently covered, thanks. No need to talk to anonymous people on the internet about it. 

Ah the anonymous folk are just to impose your political opinion on then. On a Hearts forum.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Салатные палочки
On 17/10/2018 at 11:51, Regal Kingston said:

Music to shout “Here we, here we, Here we fecking go” to at all intervals. 

That has got to be the worst thing ever.

Салатные палочки
On 17/10/2018 at 11:51, Regal Kingston said:

DP

:oohmatron:

Edited by Salad Fingers

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Ah the anonymous folk are just to impose your political opinion on then. On a Hearts forum.

Thanks for clearing that up.

You really don’t have to read my posts or even respond to them. I do that with 99% of the people on here without getting a stooshie about it. Maybe the internet and discussion isn’t for you. 

33 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You really don’t have to read my posts or even respond to them. I do that with 99% of the people on here without getting a stooshie about it. Maybe the internet and discussion isn’t for you. 

My oldest son is a big fan, but his wee brother thinks he's rotten with a put on accent who thinks he's a hard man. 

All the while, myself and my middle son :rofl:

22 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

“User generated content” is obviously a new concept in exile, wherever that is. ?

I like the terrace, but I don't get involved. It's a nut Hoose at times. Doesn't make you a lesser supporter. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I like the terrace, but I don't get involved. It's a nut Hoose at times. Doesn't make you a lesser supporter. 

Never read it in months. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

It's probably not for you either if you ignore 99% of the people on here. Although I guess that's only a slightly lower percentage than those that ignore you.

?

50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Sings songs showing how Glaswegian he is.

I’m out. 

Hope over Fear PD, Hope over fear.

His next tune I belive is 'Bairns not Bombs:

:facepalm:

Acoustic guitars used in Med style music = bliss

Acoustic guitars with a chavvy vocal over the top = baws

I do like Jake Buggs acoustic stuff though so maybe my argument has no point... hope you enjoyed reading this pointless post

Edited by Jeff

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hope over Fear PD, Hope over fear.

His next tune I belive is 'Bairns not Bombs:

:facepalm:

Bit cringey eh? It's like the leaders of Saudi are gonna stop the bombardment of Yemen as Mr Cinnamon has sang about it in a total put on accent.

Glad they're his views but aye... you just feel like he's doing it for some media attention

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bit cringey eh? It's like the leaders of Saudi are gonna stop the bombardment of Yemen as Mr Cinnamon has sang about it in a total put on accent.

Glad they're his views but aye... you just feel like he's doing it for some media attention

As soon as anyone says "Bairns not bombs" they are taking the moral high ground, it is so cringey.  As if to say because I fully support Trident I in some way do not care about 'bairns'.  I'm not against political songs, there are some absolute classics out there but some little weegie boy singing about how we are all worse people for not thinking ‘his way’ to the background of nauseatingly insipid shite music does not wash well with me.  I actually find him completely unsavoury.

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As soon as anyone says "Bairns not bombs" they are taking the moral high ground, it is so cringey.  As if to say because I fully support Trident I in some way do not care about 'bairns'.  I'm not against political songs, there are some absolute classics out there but some little weegie boy singing about how we are all worse people for not thinking ‘his way’ to the background of nauseatingly insipid shite music does not wash well with me.  I actually find him completely unsavoury.

Image result for oh you meme

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Does it make a difference if he is from say, Edinburgh or Manchester. I'm in no way a fan of his but at least he is singing and writing about what he believes in instead of all the rest of the bullshit that's in the charts these days. He's genuine, I'll give him that and there's not a lot of genuine people in the music industry these days. 

I don't think he's meaning if you care about Trident you don't care about children. It's metaphorical, we should be spending more money on our children's future than funding nuclear defence programmes. 

As for little boy, he's 33. 

9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Does it make a difference if he is from say, Edinburgh or Manchester. I'm in no way a fan of his but at least he is singing and writing about what he believes in instead of all the rest of the bullshit that's in the charts these days. He's genuine, I'll give him that and there's not a lot of genuine people in the music industry these days. 

I don't think he's meaning if you care about Trident you don't care about children. It's metaphorical, we should be spending more money on our children's future than funding nuclear defence programmes. 

As for little boy, he's 33. 

I see it as without Trident our children may not have a future.

Just catching up with this thread and Mr Cinnamon in general. 

Can't say I'd heard of him or his music, but after looking him up I think I saw him at Belladrum (on the TV).

He looked ok, but not listened to enough of his stuff to make decide whether he's any good or not. 

Fair to say though, hes no Callum Beattie... 

Kennedy Bakircioglu

I like him. Don't take it too seriously and it's pretty decent. Like watching live, wouldn't listen to his album.