• Peebo

• Chester™

• hmfc_liam06

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

As a side note, American football is utter utter shite.

Worst sport in the world.

Youve clearly never been subjected to baseball. 

Just now, houstonjambo said:

I support a MLB team despite the fact they are utter shite. Baseball at least knows it's slow and is a relaxing pace.

American football bigs itself up as the biggest and most gripping thing on the planet yet they stop every 3 seconds.

Abhorrent stuff.

1 minute ago, houstonjambo said:

Try telling an American that us British call it rounders and it’s played by girls.

It’s funny and scary at the same time.

30 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Baseball as mentioned elsewhere but I would like to throw basketball into the mix. You score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score, you score, oops we didn't score. 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Baseball as mentioned elsewhere but I would like to throw basketball into the mix. You score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score, you score, oops we didn't score. 

Got to throw in Ice Hockey too. It should be exciting but the "fights" are as staged as WWE and I can never see where the puck is...You need a buzzer and a flashing light to know there is a goal, and then slo-mo on telly to see it!!!

Thought Police

NFL is class

The UK games seem cursed as the games tend to be routs

Edited by Thought Police

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Got to throw in Ice Hockey too. It should be exciting but the "fights" are as staged as WWE and I can never see where the puck is...You need a buzzer and a flashing light to know there is a goal, and then slo-mo on telly to see it!!!

The lack of being able to see the puck is what does ice hockey for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have an issue as at least there are moments of celebration and not a million points per game.

The Bears are my NFL team, they are like Scotland just when you think you are getting somewhere they make an erse of it.  

Today was a classic example.

Nfl isn't too bad but I can't really get invested in it. Worse sports out there (baseball, hockey, golf, tennis, cricket to name but a few) 

Italian Lambretta

The Redzone on sky mix is brilliant. More exciting than some of the dross served up on sportscene. 

Maybe BBC Scotland should do. Something like that on a Saturday afternoon. They have a similar live goals programme in germany covering the bundesliga. 

Edited by Italian Lambretta

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I came home this evening to find American Football on  BBC Scotland.

How much dif the BBC pay for that?  

Course there’s no way of knowing but the NFL are most likely paying the cost of producing the BBC’s highlights show. 

If the BBC are paying anything for it, it’s peanuts. NFL wants free to air coverage here. 

I see the BBC messed up the scheduling for this. Only put it in for just over an hour and then it moved to the red button. What a nonsense.

2 hours ago, Schevchenko said:

The Bears are my NFL team, they are like Scotland just when you think you are getting somewhere they make an erse of it.  

Steelers for me 

4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It's a hefty sum..... the owner of Fulham and the jaguars is wanting to buy Wembley so there is more NFL games in London since its starting to get a bigger following.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, macker1874 said:

Steelers for me 

And me, only we haven't made too many "erses of it". Relatively speaking, you understand. 

J.T.F.Robertson
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Bengals for me. 

Maybe one of these times. :smuggy:

Rodger Mellie

Went to my first NFL game today in Nashville. Game wasn’t great as the Titans got pumped 21-0. However,  the overall experience was brilliant, particularly the tailgating pre-game. The Yanks certainly know how to put on a show.

9 hours ago, Thought Police said:

NFL is class

The UK games seem cursed as the games tend to be routs

Not cursed, it’s down to the fact the London games are typically a mismatch. A shite team happy to give up a home game vs someone who is a decent draw for the crowds - that’s often been the case (eg yesterday).

To the original question, I doubt the BBC pay much for the London games. They are often also on Sky. 

2 hours ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Went to my first NFL game today in Nashville. Game wasn’t great as the Titans got pumped 21-0. However,  the overall experience was brilliant, particularly the tailgating pre-game. The Yanks certainly know how to put on a show.

It’s a cracking stadium location to go to a game. I went for a couple of nights for my only NFL away trip; certainly beats Dundee or Dunfermline away! 

Geoff the Mince
9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Nfl isn't too bad but I can't really get invested in it. Worse sports out there (baseball, hockey, golf, tennis, cricket to name but a few) 

Tennis is a fantastic game , I will give you a couple of free lessons .

4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

PHM = Washington Redskins. :cool:

John Riggins even has the same initials as John Robertson ffs.

This ?, first game I watched was the Redskins , wearing maroon, that was enough for me . Been shite for years right enough ?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Tennis is pretty good. 

Only one of the sports I can watch other than football. 

Baseball and cricket are awful. 

Nfl is not for me, seems to be over hyped pish and rugby is far more exciting and real, so I dunno why folk bother with it. But each to thier own. 

Basketball is also a strange one, too many points but I used to like playing it at school, good to play I reckon but a bit shite to watch. 

F1 is also pish, apart from the start. Imagine paying to sit in the stand and watch cars  drive past every 2 minutes? 

King Of The Cat Cafe
10 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

Indeed.  I tend towards the Lisa Simpson view that baseball is  beaten in excitement by only every other sport.

Captain Sausage
26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There is a lot more action in a NFL game than there is in a rugby game.

Probably because it’s about 6 hours long. 

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Tennis is pretty good. 

Only one of the sports I can watch other than football. 

Baseball and cricket are awful. 

Nfl is not for me, seems to be over hyped pish and rugby is far more exciting and real, so I dunno why folk bother with it. But each to thier own. 

Basketball is also a strange one, too many points but I used to like playing it at school, good to play I reckon but a bit shite to watch. 

F1 is also pish, apart from the start. Imagine paying to sit in the stand and watch cars  drive past every 2 minutes? 

I honestly just can't get into tennis mate, been subjected to it far too many times on trips to the old man's. Definitely prefer rugby to American football, will always be my second sport. 

Basketball and F1, I agree 100%

34 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There is a lot more action in a NFL game than there is in a rugby game.

It's a slower paced Rugby League style sport.

Miles better than baseball though

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, houstonjambo said:

Loved playing rounders when I  was a kid.

Walter Payton
11 hours ago, Schevchenko said:

I'm another Bears fan, watch all the games on Game Pass. If the Tarik Cohen TD that was disallowed for OPI (soft call that) was given, I think we'd have won in normal time. Our recent track record for FG's when it matters though really sucks :(

Edited by Bring on the Future

12 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Not even close to being the worst. It is rendered utterly tedious to watch however due to the endless timeouts and substitutions. If they just picked 11 players and stuck with them for a full quarter and cracked on with it, I'd probably actually enjoy it.

been here before

American football is watchable shite. Golf, tennis, cricket, snooker and basketball are unwatchable shit sports.

I miss Kabbadi being on Channel 4.

Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi, Kabbadi...

ToadKiller Dog

I've grown to like NFL over the years once you see it as more a military type strategic game you sort of get it, with the breaks and all. 

I would guess the Giants are the team I back, don't like the Patriots. 

Basketball I didn't mind playing but of the big US sports I find it hardest to watch. 

16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Is your remote control fecked? 

chuck berrys hairline

I personally prefer American football to ours now. Only reason I can put it down is in American sports you can only really attack or go forward so none of this tika taka boring pish you see watching football. Maybe if we trialled when you get over the halfway line you can't go back or basketball and ice hockey would put more emphasis on attacking play. 

8 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Maybe if we trialled when you get over the halfway line you can't go back or basketball and ice hockey would put more emphasis on attacking play. 

Only basketball has that.

Sexton Hardcastle

The bbc did a rotten job of presenting and pitching the game yesterday. Instead of analysis and discussion they trott on some shite celeb or sports person who is there on the free and nobody could give two shits. ****ing dreadful amd deserve to lose viewers to sky or game pass.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Bridge of Djoum

Good to see Peter keeping up his form of jumping onto threads to whine about how he hates the subject. Tragic patter from our America hater-in-chief. Never set foot on the land, never seen a sports event live,  never met a Yank he likes. 

There are 5 year olds with more life experience than him.