New Phone Contract

PsychocAndy

Any opinions on a decent phone? 

On 3 just now and due an upgrade. Looking for something new.

My bill is £30 a month and would like to be around there again

I am using an Honor 8 and it's getting to the end of life but was an OK piece of kit

Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

With 3 you could get a Huawei P20 pro for £28 a month with £29 upfront.

It's a decent phone, with a great camera. 

Aye, I'm a bit pissed off with 3 at the moment and I usually forget I have a camera on my phone, but as much as I don't want too, I may well stay with them.

Samuel Camazzola

I can also vouch for the P20 pro. Massive storage space too. 

I know someone who got the lesser p20 model and it's also impressive. 

Just ordered a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 from fleabay. Looks like it'll do a job for a bargain £300. Sod having a handset on a contract

Ricardo Shillyshally
10 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

This site is also worth a look , It’s owned by Carphone Warehouse but tends to have better deals.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/

Their customer service is non existant. Dreadful company to deal with. 

You can't even phone them, FFS, they are a phone company who insist you email them. 

Stewie Griffin
2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Their customer service is non existant. Dreadful company to deal with. 

You can't even phone them, FFS, they are a phone company who insist you email them. 

Couldn't comment on that as I’ve used them two or three times for upgrades on EE  and never had any issues so haven’t had to contact them.

16 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not long switched from vodaphone to virgin mobile , no hassles so far , better all round signal too 

To put one penny in richard bransons pocket, is to be in league with the devil. Evil, evil, man and company.

26 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

To put one penny in richard bransons pocket, is to be in league with the devil. Evil, evil, man and company.

I balance that out by not giving a penny to sky and an even worse devil who owns that lot 

On 14/10/2018 at 21:36, Stewie Griffin said:

Couldn't comment on that as I’ve used them two or three times for upgrades on EE  and never had any issues so haven’t had to contact them.

Can you keep the same number when upgrading via that site?

20 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Evil? I’ve always thought he came across quite well..

5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Very intelligent guy, obviously has money so gets the wasters moaning, 5 pounds a month is more than enough.

5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

He's got the persona alright but he's a bloody crook. 

13 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Yes you can 

If you're sticking with the same network do they do this for you automatically, or do you need to piss about with PAC numbers etc?

Stewie Griffin
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

If you're sticking with the same network do they do this for you automatically, or do you need to piss about with PAC numbers etc?

They will ask your current phone number and they take care of it all for you .

I'm swithering over a sim only Virgin @ £10 a month, or Hughie mate 20 Pro @ £39 a month from Virgin.

I've not made up my mind. Both have 6 gb and that is more than enough.

I know Branson is a NHS financial rapist,   but it's the best deals I've seen.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:50, Jambothump said:

You do of course know that Richard Branson does not own Virgin Mobile/Broadband/TV didn't you ? :angel:

9 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

You do of course know that Richard Branson does not own Virgin Mobile/Broadband/TV didn't you ? :angel:

Moot point since you know that he makes money from licensing his brand name to them. 

18 hours ago, PsychocAndy said:

I'm swithering over a sim only Virgin @ £10 a month, or Hughie mate 20 Pro @ £39 a month from Virgin.

I've not made up my mind. Both have 6 gb and that is more than enough.

I know Branson is a NHS financial rapist,   but it's the best deals I've seen.

£39 for that p20 sounds like a horrible deal.

Try the site i posted earlier.

On 14/10/2018 at 08:03, Stewie Griffin said:

This site is also worth a look , It’s owned by Carphone Warehouse but tends to have better deals.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/

This is what I always use. Upgraded a few months back to a Samsung S9. 30 quid a month, 10GB data and 19 quid up front for the phone. On O2 who I have been with for as long as I can remember and never had any issues. Very easy to port your existing number across too.

Edited by Sooperstar

On 14/10/2018 at 18:31, IronJambo said:

Just ordered a Xiaomi Pocophone F1 from fleabay. Looks like it'll do a job for a bargain £300. Sod having a handset on a contract

Was literally just typing this out. 

Xiaomi make tremendous phones. The Mi5 or the A2 are both around £150 and are superb for the money. Just noticed this

https://uk.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009102911147.html?wid=1349303&currency=GBP&vip=14752948&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwSffVcZe58mz8J_QYhvGKM5oIhRIv1xsJVQq4_x4ElHlsQQI5ktTihoCW8UQAvD_BwE

You will not find a better phone for the money. 

Contracts are not the way forward. SIM only deals are mental just now, I pay £15 a month for all the data I could ever use plus free roaming. 

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

£39 for that p20 sounds like a horrible deal.

Try the site i posted earlier.

I went for the 6gb £10 a month sim only.  I'll get another phone when needed. Thanks to you all for your suggestions 

On 17/10/2018 at 15:25, The Brow said:

Was literally just typing this out. 

Xiaomi make tremendous phones. The Mi5 or the A2 are both around £150 and are superb for the money. Just noticed this

https://uk.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009102911147.html?wid=1349303&currency=GBP&vip=14752948&gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwSffVcZe58mz8J_QYhvGKM5oIhRIv1xsJVQq4_x4ElHlsQQI5ktTihoCW8UQAvD_BwE

You will not find a better phone for the money. 

Contracts are not the way forward. SIM only deals are mental just now, I pay £15 a month for all the data I could ever use plus free roaming. 

I've only been using the Xiaomi for a day but it's spot on. It's got no NFC but I won't miss that, only beardy hipster twats pay for coffee with their phone. 

The 4000mah battery is fantastic though, I've battered it for the last ten hours (used it solid for an hour and a half in the bookies) and I've still got over 50% of it left.

Get a sim only deal and buy a cubot.

You'll get a better deal (especially if you use alot of data), save a ton of money and still have a good handset

www.cubot.net