Flags

Crete

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The Hearts twirly is one of the best sights in football. Not even biased when saying it. ??

:rudiyas:

Twirly is good enough but I’d like to see flags draped over the tier and front of the stand as there are no advertising boards so there won’t be an issue hanging them!

5 hours ago, smiler said:

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

Twirly > flags. 

4 hours ago, smiler said:

The thing that pisses me off about the twirly is when the tube next to you can't get the rythym right, and there's a scarf collision. Knocks the wind right out you and you've got to start again, sooooooooooo annoying.

?.   That’ll be me. 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, smiler said:

Will you settle for 29,999 'cos I'm not bringing one.

Let's just get a good old twirly going....

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Agree with you here.

You cannae beat a twirly in my opinion.

:spoton:    :scenes:

PeterintheRain
6 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Won't there be a lot less people going after we lost to Rangers? Who will wave the flags in the thousands of empty seats?

One flag in each hand.   That way the 15,000 crowd will look like 30,000.

Ricardo Shillyshally

I remember Hampden 86 when loads of flags were sold right outside and then the stewards took all the canes out.

I'm still bitter.  Weegie tramps

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

I remember Hampden 86 when loads of flags were sold right outside and then the stewards took all the canes out.

Funny, was talking about this the other day. I was 12 at the time and my Dad bought me a flag.  As we approached the ground we could see canes being taken off. My Brother shoved my cane down his trooser leg hoping to smuggle it in ?

He was spotted, my Dad then had a barney with the weegie police telling them to tell the vendors not to sell them to kids if that's their attitude.

The idiot police then stacked them in piles outside the turnstiles but never took them away. On the way out, fans grabbed them and used them in scraps with Aberdeen fans. 

1 hour ago, PeterintheRain said:

One flag in each hand.   That way the 15,000 crowd will look like 30,000.

I Think you misunderstood my joke. The OP hilariously claimed in another thread thousands would be taken off our ticket sales due to the ibrox result. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Only flag i remember from 86 was  the Chernobyl Hearts supporters club  one.

32 minutes ago, Tott said:

Only flag i remember from 86 was  the Chernobyl Hearts supporters club  one.

A huge maroon and white cheque one, a John Robertson portrait one, Pivot Piss Artists, Ulster Hearts.

27 minutes ago, dannymack said:

A huge maroon and white cheque one, a John Robertson portrait one, Pivot Piss Artists, Ulster Hearts.

probably the last cup final i was sober at..remember the the least about it ?

On 11/10/2018 at 16:30, Jambomuzz said:

People don’t take scarves to games as much anymore, which is why there is very rarely a decent twirly.

for the likes of a semi final you could probably bulk buy some cheap silk scarves or something that could be used as a one off or that. 

But I think if moving forward the people need encouragement to own and bring the scarf with them. Maybe the club could look at some kind of initiative to get people buying them. Or handouts to local schools or the likes..

I’d be all for chipping in for a bulk buy of scarves. Heineken handed out about 100,000 when the Heineken Cup finals were in Edinburgh a couple years back. They weren’t your usual wool ones, cheaper things that would actually be easier to twirl. 

Get half maroon, half white and put them out in alternate sections before the match. That way, a mass twirly would actually look like a massive bar scarf.