Aberdeen Dot Count

mainstandjambo

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Think the pricing for this one has put people off, including myself. £36 for a ticket in the main or wheatfield stands and £32 behind the goals, is ridiculous for aberdeen. 

I don't mind paying that for hibs and rangers but Aberdeen hardly the same standard of fixture. 

I go to Newcastle games now and again and it is £34 to watch man c, Liverpool, arsenal etc for a far better standard of player and football. 

Hardly the same tv money either?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Rudolf

• Phil Dunphy

• mainstandjambo

23 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Hardly the same tv money either?

Correct ticket prices in Ingerland are ridiculous given the TV money they receive. Ticket prices here while too expensive are most clubs biggest income stream.

mainstandjambo

Count at 21.45

Wheatfield  -   74

Gorgie         -   65

Main           -      9

Roseburn  -   515

Total         -    663 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Count at 21.45

Wheatfield  -   74

Gorgie         -   65

Main           -      9

Roseburn  -   515

Total         -    663 

Just missed out on 666. 

Decent sales. Imagine a few will shift tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just missed out on 666. 

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just missed out on 666. 

Why did 24K turn up at Murrayfield last year, yet we can’t jam out Tynecastle with the Sheep? We also used to get the capacity number before the new stand (17,300) against them a lot.

All seems strange. 

3 minutes ago, TNCASTLE said:

Why did 24K turn up at Murrayfield last year, yet we can’t jam out Tynecastle with the Sheep? We also used to get the capacity number before the new stand (17,300) against them a lot.

All seems strange. 

Because here was 7k dons fans at murrayfield and with so many big games coming up, at £32 a pop it will make for a very expensive October and November when Christmas is just round the corner!

It’s selling out fine 

pricing is appropriate 

NUFC has absolutely nothing to do with it. Go there for good, is my suggestion ?

Edited by dc-jambo
Got rude there for no reason

It's not that long ago that 12K would have been considered a good turnout for a game like this.

Now folk are criticising because it's ONLY going to be 18k+

Unbelievable expectations some folk have.

Just now, luckydug said:

It's not that long ago that 12K would have been considered a good turnout for a game like this.

Now folk are criticising because it's ONLY going to be 18k+

Unbelievable expectations some folk have.

From one Doug to another, I think that's fantastic.  I think the 16,000 plus era started in the Vlad days and it's never relented.

Back in the 70s when even Hibs were better than us, 16-19,000 would have been unthinkable.

53 minutes ago, ethan14 said:

£36 is horrific pricing 

It is. Way too much for an Aberdeen game. 

Yes the tickets will mostly sell but nobody is telling me that Hearts are not taking the piss with this level of pricing. Get real! Over 3 times the hourly living wage. Used to be a working mans game!

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It is. Way too much for an Aberdeen game. 

Yes the tickets will mostly sell but nobody is telling me that Hearts are not taking the piss with this level of pricing. Get real! Over 3 times the hourly living wage. Used to be a working mans game!

Need to pay for investment in team , better quality of player costs money 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Need to pay for investment in team , better quality of player costs money 

£25 is plenty for an Aberdeen game. 

The £40 is just round the corner. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

£25 is plenty for an Aberdeen game. 

The £40 is just round the corner. 

Disagree , if we want better players on the park we gotta pay for it imo

The problem with Tynecastle is there are too many premium seats, why does mostly the entire Wheatfield have to be ‘Premium’ pricing now that we have the main stand? 

Also, £32 is bad enough but £36, that’s just taking the piss:facepalm:

Agree with the comment regarding there being too many premium seats at tynecastle. I am not a huge earner myself and have a 14 yr old son. I pick and choose my games these days and always purchase the cheapest tickets available. We don't all have deep pockets. 

13 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Think the pricing for this one has put people off, including myself. £36 for a ticket in the main or wheatfield stands and £32 behind the goals, is ridiculous for aberdeen. 

I don't mind paying that for hibs and rangers but Aberdeen hardly the same standard of fixture. 

I go to Newcastle games now and again and it is £34 to watch man c, Liverpool, arsenal etc for a far better standard of player and football. 

A bit steep for a club that doesn't need fans in their stadium to still make millions of £ profit each year.

Hopefully with so many non-ST holders queueing up for semi final tickets, a good number will take the opportunity to double up and purchase for this game also

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, chizinho21 said:

Hopefully with so many non-ST holders queueing up for semi final tickets, a good number will take the opportunity to double up and purchase for this game also

This 

I remember when we moved from the old two divisions to the new ten-team premier in 1975, and prices went up from 40p to 60p in one jump (50% increase). There were fears that this would put people off, and I remember thinking twice about whether I could afford to go to an Easter Road derby (walk-up of course). I did and they won (Joe Harper, memorable goal, rotten game).

Anyway, the idea of paying £36 to see Hearts v Aberdeen seems more than a bit steep, and makes me glad of my season ticket. 

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   54

Main            -      7

Roseburn   -   480

Total           -   604 

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   54

Main            -      7

Roseburn   -   480

Total           -   604 

not too many been doubling up today at the public sales then but still healthy attendance come saturday.

8 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

not too many been doubling up today at the public sales then but still healthy attendance come saturday.

Well over 18,000 Ray. 

5 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   54

Main            -      7

Roseburn   -   480

Total           -   604 

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   55

Main            -      5

Roseburn   -   455

Total           -   578

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   55

Main            -      5

Roseburn   -   455

Total           -   578

The original!

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wheatfield   -   63

Gorgie          -   55

Main            -      5

Roseburn   -   455

Total           -   578

He's back..............this is war!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Clerry has never been away.........however I'm stuck in the 80's abit like the sheep:sheep:

There has been an outbreak of mad cow disease up here this week. Perhaps a minutes applause?

All roads lead to Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There has been an outbreak of mad cow disease up here this week. Perhaps a minutes applause?

Especially if it is an Aberdeen Angus ?

Shanks said no

Year 578

Byzantine Empire

Emperor Justin II dies after several periods of insanity.

On the advice of his wife Sophia, he has raised his general Tiberius to the rank of co-emperor (Caesar). 

15 hours ago, Texia said:

The problem with Tynecastle is there are too many premium seats, why does mostly the entire Wheatfield have to be ‘Premium’ pricing now that we have the main stand? 

Also, £32 is bad enough but £36, that’s just taking the piss:facepalm:

A little over half of the Wheatfield is platinum, with a bit less than a quarter gold and a little over a quarter silver. Given that the platinum is usually sold out, or close to it, before the rest, and always well before the gold and bronze seats in the school end, it seems there's little wrong with the amount, or the pricing, of the platinum seats.

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   52

Gorgie          -   50

Main             -     1 

Roseburn     -  439

Total             -  542

I wonder how the ticket office will handle the various category of sales this weekend.

There will be people wanting to buy/pick up Semi final tickets, people wanting to buy tickets for the Dons game and people wishing to buy tickets for Tuesdays game at Dundee.

It could be that the rush for semi final tickets is having a negative effect on sales for Aberdeen and Dundee games.

Unless it's organized folk wanting Dons and Dundee tickets will not be wanting to wait behind hundreds of punters buying cup tickets.

Myself I think I will wait until Monday to get my ticket for Dundee as it's too late to post.

23 minutes ago, Bainy said:

With walk ups this won't be far off full. :)

Indeed.

9 of the 21 home sections sold out with only single seats everywhere but H & J.

Shanks said no

Year 542

18 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

A lot more than half if they’ve sold 2,000 as claimed by them. 

Not so sure as each section holds about 900 and if they have sold out L & M then that is only 200 in K.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not so sure as each section holds about 900 and if they have sold out L & M then that is only 200 in K.

I thought they only held about 760 or so. K is much smaller than the other 4 sections holding about 550 I think. 

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I thought they only held about 760 or so. K is much smaller than the other 4 sections holding about 550 I think. 

if we are selling whole of J, there would need to be a few seats taken in K for segregation from these pesky sheep, which would account for approx 2000

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Not 100% sure on number Jalbo or someone else are the experts. I suppose we will find out tomorrow how many section they have.