Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Carowitz said:

Had a little look on hubs.net. Check out this roaster.  Genuine tears and snotters. 

Broondog: he's got a strong social media presence don't you know.  

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences? 

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

Need a ride type of rant.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, Forza Cuore said:

What a bitter prick. I am hydrated by his tears ??

What ? You mean you pissed yourself laughing ? ?

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Of course Aberdeen would prefer Murrayfield, it’s about 2 hours closer to Aberdeen than Hampden. 

2 hours? Driving a tractor maybe.

5 minutes ago, Carowitz said:

Had a little look on hubs.net. Check out this roaster.  Genuine tears and snotters. 

Broondog: he's got a strong social media presence don't you know.  

100% correct.it is a disgrace they are still in the competition. what I dont understand is why they werent kicked out after fielding an ineligible player early on. the authorities always and I mean always bend over backwards for the cheats. absolutely disgusting.

to make it worse the c**** are probably going to play a home match at Murrayfield in the semi final. you honestly couldnt make it up. something needs to be done about this as they get away with it time and time again, they must be the luckiest team in the world. how many times are we going to allow them to gain an advantage without consequences? 

If Murrayfield is confirmed I plan to raise the matter with the SRU and the SFA and will be inviting signatures from fans groups should this happen. I have a very strong social media presence and plan to use that to get the message out there that this isn´t acceptable. will keep those on this board posted alongside those on social media.

Why would Murrayfield be a home game for us???

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

That was daft - both should have been at Pittodrie.

That would have been even dafter though.

Inverness to Aberdeen is only 25 mins less than to Inverness to Edinburgh.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Let's change the draw and we'll play Aberdeen in Inverness

The way things are in society these days, with nobody wanting to accept anything. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they had large groups screaming and demonstrating in favour of a redraw in the near future.

1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Need a ride type of rant.

This. 

40 year old virgin, living with his parents, mashing his crusty keyboard in bitter, jealous,envy.

NaturalOrder74

Starting to change my view on the stadium, think we will be able to hammer them wherever.

Also Fredo is banned from the semi against Aberdeen and Laff is cup tied so we could be in with a good chance of getting the sheep in the final :)

Given that the dimensions at the Oriam are designed to matched Hampden, shouldn’t we be lobbying to play there? This will allow us to capitalise on our Oriam advantage!

Hampden and Murrayfield on the Sunday or Hampden on the Saturday and Sunday should be the options.

If they are adamant that they want to play at Hampden then one of them has to take it on the chin and play on the Saturday. 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

It has been obvious from the moment the QF draw was made / The OF made the group stages of the Europa League that there could be a problem with the scheduling of the LC SF.

Yet, now that the issue has come to fruition do those running the game have an answer? Of course not, it was a case of heads in the sand / fingers crossed that it doesn't come to both OF teams in opposite sides of the SF draw. 

It's amateur hour yet again with the powers that be that 'run' out game. 

This all day long. Forward planning? Forget it! Keystone Cops time yet again.

A fecking shambles.

Captain Canada

We can't expect one of the OF to play on the Saturday. If it was us, we'd be up in arms about it after a Thursday night game. They will have to give them the same treatment. 

Logically, it should be us v Celtic at Murrayfield on the Sunday and Sevco v Aberdeen at Hampden the same afternoon. That way only two sets of fans need to travel rather than three if the other game was at Murrayfield. 

BT have the rights to both so I'm expecting a double header one after the other. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Is it a big problem?  Why go to the cost of agreeing terms with stadium owners, police, stewarding companies etc.. when the chances are less than 50%? 

Why take out life cover when the chances of dying during the term are <50%? It's called being organised. 

An an agreement in principle with the SRU to use Murrayfield would surely cost nothing? Yes there would be a cost if there was the need to actually play a game there but knowing the option was there is better than fumbling around in the dark - which is where they are at present. 

letsmakesomenoise
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hampden and Murrayfield on the Sunday or Hampden on the Saturday and Sunday should be the options.

If they are adamant that they want to play at Hampden then one of them has to take it on the chin and play on the Saturday. 

Well, they both entered the competition knowing the dates.  Both have big enough squads to cope with this, so let em toss a coin.  

Personally, as Rangers are playing at home I think it would make more sense to make them play on the Saturday, as they will have less problems with recovery.

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

We can't expect one of the OF to play on the Saturday. If it was us, we'd be up in arms about it after a Thursday night game. They will have to give them the same treatment. 

Logically, it should be us v Celtic at Murrayfield on the Sunday and Sevco v Aberdeen at Hampden the same afternoon. That way only two sets of fans need to travel rather than three if the other game was at Murrayfield. 

BT have the rights to both so I'm expecting a double header one after the other. 

Do BT have an English game on a Sunday? Hopefully we don’t get a teatime kickoff or similar. 

6 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Why take out life cover when the chances of dying during the term are <50%? It's called being organised. 

An an agreement in principle with the SRU to use Murrayfield would surely cost nothing? Yes there would be a cost if there was the need to actually play a game there but knowing the option was there is better than fumbling around in the dark - which is where they are at present. 

Do we know that informal discussions with the SRU hadn’t taken place? Taking out life assurance isn’t about being organised it’s about mitigating financial risk. 

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Still seems slightly fairer though - if one team has to travel 3 hours to the game, and the other has to travel 20 minutes, might as well make them both travel 3 hours! 

The Super Duper New Dens Park will solve all of these problems of course.... 

8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

A fecking shambles.

Its true. If it wasn’t so totally predictable the incompetence would be staggering. Immediately the 1/4 final draw was made I posted that this scenario existed and given the draw was highly possible to come to fruition if not extremely probable! It’s beyond belief that they hadn’t discussed this likelihood long before last night and already had plans in place for this outcome and the possible semi final draws.

What is also staggering but again entirely in keeping with their ineptitude is why the **** they scheduled the semi finals for a weekend after Europa League matches! They could have had them next weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday at Hampden after the Wednesday SPL card but no once again their heads were firmly stuck up their bahookies. 

48 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I remember the second semi against ICT, there was no trains that would have got you from Inverness to Edinburgh for kick off.

All because the BBC dictated the KO time.

I felt for them....untill the penalty shoot out.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do BT have an English game on a Sunday? Hopefully we don’t get a teatime kickoff or similar. 

Looking, they don’t.  They have lunchtime hibs v huns which will be cancelled presumably for one of the slots and an extra slot they are due for the he Sunday Semi which is scheduled for 3pm. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

My bet is on Celtic v Hearts being a cup semi on the 3rd or 4th I think it is, and the league match rescheduled. We should object strongly to that proposal. Double whammy if they did do that, we would have an advantage with Celtic having a tough game prior which would be reversed if they did do this

Sadly I think that is what they will TRY to do.

Hearts may kick up a fuss though hopefully.

I'm really not bothered where we play Celtic but it should be on the original weekend planned.

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Looking, they don’t.  They have lunchtime hibs v huns which will be cancelled presumably for one of the slots and an extra slot they are due for the he Sunday Semi which is scheduled for 3pm. 

Works well for them then. 

35 minutes ago, Yorkshire-jambo said:

Surely they couldn't do this. Given it's October it could be lashing it down with rain all weekend, pitch gets chewed up during the first game then is a mess for the second. 

You can see the sfa being too stubborn to go to Murrayfield. I think we'll be at Ibrox.

Edited by tokyowalnut

I don't believe there is any chance that both games will go ahead in Glasgow on the same day never mind both being played at Hampden as the Daily Record are apparently reporting is a possibility.

It'll be Hearts Vs Celtic at Hampden  and Rangers Vs Aberdeen at Celtic park.

After a "former" Celitc director donating money towards the purchase of Hampden,  the SFA will use Celtic park as a good will gesture. :profit:   

It’s nothing to do with the SFA though? 

Moreso, Petrie and Co aren’t going to assist Doncaster and Lawwell and Petrie and Co won’t have 2 Hibs games being cancelled against us and huns in a week so it rules out us on the Monday evening or that midweek at least. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we wiin the Cup we should somehow mark young Andy Irvings sterling contribution to the cause. Statue in Gingys garden perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

It'll be Hearts Vs Celtic at Hampden  and Rangers Vs Aberdeen at Celtic park.

After a "former" Celitc director donating money towards the purchase of Hampden,  the SFA will use Celtic park as a good will gesture. :profit:   

Initially  thought the same but say, we play 12.30 at Hampden, that means Tic fans heading back to Parkhead for a nice pre match chat with the Sevconians who will be arriving in Parkhead for their game. It has already been said publicly Ibrox can't be segregated for games like this , so no chance of us playing there. SPFL et al really have got a major problem getting these games played. Hopefully the SRU will tell them where to go into the bargain. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we wiin the Cup we should somehow mark young Andy Irvings sterling contribution to the cause. Statue in Gingys garden perhaps?

Him Soapy and Christophe all lifting the trophy at the same time, surely? 

8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Surely they couldn't do this. Given it's October it could be lashing it down with rain all weekend, pitch gets chewed up during the first game then is a mess for the second. 

You can see the sfa being too stubborn to go to Murrayfield. I think we'll be at Ibrox.

Also you've got the likely scenario of fans arriving early for the evening game and fans hanging around after the early game.

This is clearly a desperate attempt by the Rantic to keep both games in the Weeg.

As this idea is probably the most farcical they could come up with, I fully expect this to happen

Just now, Jamie86 said:

It's so bizarre and would be such a stupid idea that I can see this happening! 

The police in Glasgow are under investigation for the last old firm match which means there is no way they will sanction two games in Glasgow on the same day. 

The argument from the Uglies about forcing them to play important fixtures shortly after a Euro tie can easily be dismissed by the fact that the revenue they receive from their Euro League stage ties is sufficient to assemble a second team of a value greater than the next tier of teams (Hearts Aberdeen, Hibs). 

Move on. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

A fecking shambles.

Keystone Cops with Deputy Dawg asking, "Where day go, Musky?" 

Rangers v Aberdeen will be on Sunday 27th October at Hampden

HMFC v Celtic will be on Sunday 3rd Nov at Hampden (Celtic and Hearts will agree to postpone/re-schedule the planned game at Parkhead that weekend).

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

HMFC v Celtic will be on Sunday 3rd Nov at Hampden (Celtic and Hearts will agree to postpone/re-schedule the planned game at Parkhead that weekend).

The SPFL/SFA probably look to social media for ideas.....you should charge them for this advice.

Edited by Boab

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Better not be, I'm out the country :(

6 minutes ago, ericb said:

It seems a fairly straightforward and sensible solution. However from a football perspective it would be disappointing for us as facing them the weekend after they’ve been in Germany on the Thursday would increase our chances significantly. 

Edited by magicTs

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

It seems a fairly straightforward and sensible solution. However from a football perspective it would be disappointing for us as facing them the weekend after they’ve been in Germany on the Thursday would increase our chances significantly. 

The way they're playing ?

Don't think a week will make much difference !