Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

stirlingshirejambo
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I just bought this morning and opted to collect at Tynecastle. Will they be available to collect now as I need to give a couple to someone tonight as a present?

I was in buying my Dundee tickets today and collected my Murrayfield ones.

They aren't all sorted and in enevelopes yet so the lad had to get the entire sections tickets and go through to get my 6

If you can wait it may help them as it took him ages and I felt a bit guilty holding the queue up

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

19 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

They aren't all sorted and in enevelopes yet so the lad had to get the entire sections tickets and go through to get my 6

If you can wait it may help them as it took him ages and I felt a bit guilty holding the queue up

Selfish kickback ersehole!

25 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

How big was the line today bud? I need to collect tickets tomorrow.

Can’t see the point in having a dig at Aberdeen fans over crowds. They couldn’t have been far off having double the fans at their final v ICT than we had at our final v St Mirren. 

Here’s hoping we meet them in the final this year, at a sold out Hampden, with the trophy making its way to Gorgie at full time.

Aberdeen's large traveling support is definitely boosted by offshore shift workers who go to as many games as they can whilst onshore. For similar reasons this impacts their home crowds.

Either way a 16,000 capacity stadium would be more than enough for a club of their size.

stirlingshirejambo
31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How big was the line today bud? I need to collect tickets tomorrow.

Was in about ten and only a dozen or so in queue 

Hearts V AEK Athens in 2006 saw an attendance of nearly 33,000 for a midweek game at Murrayfield in August when lots of people would be on holiday. Surprised if we don't sell the 30k this year when most people should be off work and not on holiday.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

You're dead right. It let's us old farts appreciate how good things are now. By the way big Harry wisnae that bad - it was just that I thought of the 2 names first. If I sat down and really thought about it I'm sure I could find a lot worse.

Frank Sandeman.

33 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Just caved and bought a single ticket. First loner football experience.  

You won't be alone. There will be at least another 25,000 who are supporting the same team as yourself.

Romanov Stole My Pension
5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We are well placed, I thought this 4/5 years ago that we'd be in a place to overcome Aberdeen once we got ourselves together. 

It's important we keep our numbers up. 

Aberdeen still get around 15k each hone game, not bad and comfortably in the top 5, we'll get more, great but I'm hardly gonna get a boner over it. 

As for a semi final in the lc we have done well this time. Aberdeen not so well. 

Big deal. It's great news for us but given our history I'll not be slagging another team who will Likley get around 12k fans travelling from Aberdeen to Glasgow on a Sunday, we've been there ourselves 

We average 18k, you only average 14/15k is shite banter. 

They've been above us every league season for the past 6 years and won a cup more recently than us. 

I'll start to point score when matters on the field are reversed, which they will be. Then my Aberdeen mates will get it tight. Getting a semi about a bigger crowd in a semi isn't for me. 

I'm boring myself posting about it. 

Good post. Aberdeen have been ahead of us for a good while and that's where it matters. Hopefully we're starting to turn that around.

I was in the ticket office earlier and the guy said we've sold over 25k now. ?

Hopefully sell another few thousand over the weekend

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That’s an incredible uptake. I wonder what the appetite for the match would have been if we hadn’t won 4-0 and 1-0 against Celtic recently.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Just caved and bought a single ticket. First loner football experience.  

I'm going on my own aswell, if your lonely come find me I'll wear a Hearts top so I stand out :D. It's not bad going to the football alone the person next you can be your pal for a hour and a half.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s an incredible uptake. I wonder what the appetite for the match would have been if we hadn’t won 4-0 and 1-0 against Celtic recently.

or humped at Parkhead

It is a semi-final of a major tournament, no previous results should have an impact. These games only come along every so often. Can't wait for the day we get all blase about these games.

Just now, sjh1874 said:

It is a semi-final of a major tournament, no previous results should have an impact. These games only come along every so often. Can't wait for the day we get all blase about these games.

I always attend cup games when possible. Just a staggering increase in sales from the 2012 semi final against them. We’d beaten them twice that season and had Rudolph Skacel in the team so to sell more than double that figure will be exceptional. Maybe a better question would have been how many would we have sold for a 1.30 ko at Hampden?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I always attend cup games when possible. Just a staggering increase in sales from the 2012 semi final against them. We’d beaten them twice that season and had Rudolph Skacel in the team so to sell more than double that figure will be exceptional. Maybe a better question would have been how many would we have sold for a 1.30 ko at Hampden?

Got you and considerably less IMHO

Shanks said no

20 in the queue at 1530

i’m only here to collect my tickets, don’t want to miss any valuable drinking time tomorrow 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Can’t see the point in having a dig at Aberdeen fans over crowds. They couldn’t have been far off having double the fans at their final v ICT than we had at our final v St Mirren.

Here’s hoping we meet them in the final this year, at a sold out Hampden, with the trophy making its way to Gorgie at full time.

Utter nonsense. 

46 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Saying earlier, hopefully they sell quick but I think it’ll be a steady sale of tickets over the next week. 

Theres always people undecided at first or those who wait until the rush has died down, especially with such a big allocation. 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Utter nonsense. 

Well yes, we had 26-27k at the St Mirren final - Hampden doesn't hold twice that, and that's without considering the ICT support.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Utter nonsense. 

The sheep are a funny support. 

We finished joint 3rd with them in 95-96 , so they had a decent team. 

They only took about 7000 in the Scottish Cup semi versus ourselves that season in a 28,000 crowd.  

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well yes, we had 26-27k at the St Mirren final - Hampden doesn't hold twice that, and that's without considering the ICT support.

Their final was at Celtic Park but there was only 51,000 at it. 

I bought two through that agency number on the first day of sale to s/t holders but so far they haven't arrived. Anyone know when they're being sent out? 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Their final was at Celtic Park but there was only 51,000 at it. 

Of course! Apologies. But funnily enough, the attendance pretty much matches Hampden's capacity, so the point still stands.

August Landmesser

In case anyone was hoping to collect semi tickets before the sheep game, they won;t be available until after FT. Which makes sense, as people will be wanting to buy walk-up tickets.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/matchzone/15/prematch/

Please note that collections for Betfred Cup semi-final tickets will not be available until after the match has finished.

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The match was at Parkhead, Aberdeen had 43,000 at the game. A very, very good attendance but somewhat less than double our 2013 final attendance as suggested by the poster.

Our 2013 Cup Final attendance was poor though...

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

The match was at Parkhead, Aberdeen had 43,000 at the game. A very, very good attendance but somewhat less than double our 2013 final attendance as suggested by the poster.

Yes, agree with all that (and already noted the venue error!).

6 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We are well placed, I thought this 4/5 years ago that we'd be in a place to overcome Aberdeen once we got ourselves together. 

It's important we keep our numbers up. 

Aberdeen still get around 15k each hone game, not bad and comfortably in the top 5, we'll get more, great but I'm hardly gonna get a boner over it. 

As for a semi final in the lc we have done well this time. Aberdeen not so well. 

Big deal. It's great news for us but given our history I'll not be slagging another team who will Likley get around 12k fans travelling from Aberdeen to Glasgow on a Sunday, we've been there ourselves 

We average 18k, you only average 14/15k is shite banter. 

They've been above us every league season for the past 6 years and won a cup more recently than us. 

I'll start to point score when matters on the field are reversed, which they will be. Then my Aberdeen mates will get it tight. Getting a semi about a bigger crowd in a semi isn't for me. 

I'm boring myself posting about it. 

If you are bored posting about it, then simply stop. :lol:

Aberdeen’s average attendances have actually fluctuated an awful lot in the last few seasons. In season 11/12 they were down to an average of 9929. To put that in perspective, that is half of our capacity at the refurbished Tynecastle. Translated in to ticket cash, that is a huge advantage. Even with the figures you supplied of 14k v 18k, that’s a massive amount of money to a club the size of us. That’s like us being the same size as Aberdeen and St Johnstone combined. Translated in to cash at say £25 a skull, that’s £100k a game. 

Dont really care how you rate it as “banter”, it’s significant. Also, that comment appears to come down to your personal idea of what is acceptable as banter. Personally, I’m more than comfortable with slagging off Aberdeen over such issues and the opinions of your sheep mates matters not a sausage. If you don’t like it, either make your counter argument and accept that Idont share your opinion, or just ignore it. There is no rule that says you have to try and change my opinion in line with your own. :thumbsup:

So anyway. Sheep crowd... pretty pish imo.

6 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

How was it poor ? Official attendance was 44,000. I reckon 10K Buddies fans , tops, all in the Rangers end. Taking into account the turmoil at the club I reckon that's a good turnout. 

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

In case anyone was hoping to collect semi tickets before the sheep game, they won;t be available until after FT. Which makes sense, as people will be wanting to buy walk-up tickets.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/matchzone/15/prematch/

Please note that collections for Betfred Cup semi-final tickets will not be available until after the match has finished.

Decent planning.    But post-match will be very busy.    Stands may empty out before full time... which wont annoy folk or anything like.

:jjyay:

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How was it poor ? Official attendance was 44,000. I reckon 10K Buddies fans , tops, all in the Rangers end. Taking into account the turmoil at the club I reckon that's a good turnout. 

Been covered quite a bit across the various ticket threads this week...St Mirren had 17,000 at Hampden that day. That left us with only 27,000 for a Cup Final.

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If you are bored posting about it, then simply stop. :lol:

Aberdeen’s average attendances have actually fluctuated an awful lot in the last few seasons. In season 11/12 they were down to an average of 9929. To put that in perspective, that is half of our capacity at the refurbished Tynecastle. Translated in to ticket cash, that is a huge advantage. Even with the figures you supplied of 14k v 18k, that’s a massive amount of money to a club the size of us. That’s like us being the same size as Aberdeen and St Johnstone combined. Translated in to cash at say £25 a skull, that’s £100k a game. 

Dont really care how you rate it as “banter”, it’s significant. Also, that comment appears to come down to your personal idea of what is acceptable as banter. Personally, I’m more than comfortable with slagging off Aberdeen over such issues and the opinions of your sheep mates matters not a sausage. If you don’t like it, either make your counter argument and accept that Idont share your opinion, or just ignore it. There is no rule that says you have to try and change my opinion in line with your own. :thumbsup:

So anyway. Sheep crowd... pretty pish imo.

This post is sooooo boring I really couldn’t make it to the end of the first para ...

could we mibbe get back on topic?

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Been covered quite a bit across the various ticket threads this week...St Mirren had 17,000 at Hampden that day. That left us with only 27,000 for a Cup Final.

OK, I'm doing the Buddies fans a dis service - but the empty sections were all in the Rangers end - three of them - and two of those were for segregation. There were Hearts fans in the Rangers end that was supposed to entirely for buddies fans. So I still don't get why having 27,000 fans was poor. 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Has anyone received tickets in the post yet that were sent 1st class?

Yep.

My 2 arrived at half 9 this morning.

Got my ticket today.

Is it televised? Will be a great advertisement for Scottish football, a crowd of 67,000.

Forever Hearts
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Got my ticket today.

Is it televised? Will be a great advertisement for Scottish football, a crowd of 67,000.

Of course it's televised. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Of course it's televised. 

OK dude, was just an honest harmless question.

Edited by i8hibsh

13 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

You m going to suggest the figure of 17,000 as inaccurate and say 13,000-14,000, and I’m fairly sure that was the figure banded about at the time.

Forever Hearts
Just now, i8hibsh said:

OK dude, was just an honest harmless question.

Sorry. It's just that every major semi final is televised these days involving the Old Firm. 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

OK, I'm doing the Buddies fans a dis service - but the empty sections were all in the Rangers end - three of them - and two of those were for segregation. There were Hearts fans in the Rangers end that was supposed to entirely for buddies fans. So I still don't get why having 27,000 fans was poor. 

The empty sections in the West/North corner were actually originally allocated to us and we didn't sell them, some of them were then handed to St Mirren. It was a difficult season of course but it was only a few months since 'that' cup final, a chance to hold both cups at the same time, favourites against a very average St Mirren side. Apart from that Cup Finals just don't come along that often...I will transfer poor for 'less than we could reasonably have expected to take'.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

:troll: