Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was Aberdeen who asked for a later kick off after kicking up a stink about the earlier time. Their sales have been nothing short of pathetic. No excuses. 

Very much a case of be careful for what you wish for 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ok. Family support 430ko

Kids back at school even if the game finishes at 630 getting out of Glasgow and back to Aberdeen 10pm at best. Work next day. Awful ko time 

Us at 1230 and them at 1500 would have been optimum imo. Might have added a couple thousand to the sheep, and shave off the same from Celtic ;)

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Quite funny that Aberdeen questioned why they were not considered as the Murrayfield tie. Can you imagine? Embarrassing.

I’d be willing to bet that they would have taken more to Murrayfield, not much more but maybe a couple thousand. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Quite funny that Aberdeen questioned why they were not considered as the Murrayfield tie. Can you imagine? Embarrassing.

130 at Murrayfield they would have sold more and 130 in Aberdeen they would have sold the same as us.

I despise them. No love lost.

But I prefer to look at the facts honestly 

54 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

To be fair to McInnes he's got Aberdeen to a lot of semis and a few finals over the last few years. Maybe a lot of the day trippers have now decided they'll just hang around and see if they get to the final. Doesn't help that they shit themselves against Rangers just as much as we do.

I think the fact that we haven’t played Rangers at Tynecastle since 01/02/17 should explain our recent record against them. Prior to that we were very competitive against them.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ok. Family support 430ko

Kids back at school even if the game finishes at 630 getting out of Glasgow and back to Aberdeen 10pm at best. Work next day. Awful ko time 

Aberdeen forums are full of fans having a go at their fellow supporters for not going. They managed to take at least 40,000 to Glasgow for the League Cup final on a Sunday so that argument doesn't really hold water. Even though that was a final you'd think a semi against their biggest rivals would have them snapping up their allocation in no time. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ok. Family support 430ko

The game will likely be decided in Rangers favour by HT so they could be up the road in good time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Aberdeen forums are full of fans having a go at their fellow supporters for not going. They managed to take at least 40,000 to Glasgow for the League Cup final on a Sunday so that argument doesn't really hold water. Even though that was a final you'd think a semi against their biggest rivals would have them snapping up their allocation in no time. 

3pm ko. Big difference. And a final. 9k probably disappointing but there is another week to go. 430 at Hampden how many were we taking bearing in mind it was 12k 2012 for a lunchtime ko.

Embarrassing maybe but not hugely 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The game will likely be decided in Rangers favour by HT so they could be up the road in good time.

Fair point. 

For avoidance of doubt I will still be ripping the piss out of them  :)

what I say here and to them are different stories 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Equally, why would you want to ridicule Hearts fans for underistimating the demand for this game?

Negative ninnie's deserve a "ha - ha", for being , well--negative ninnies. ?

Part of football is being full of hope and optimism and being biased in favour all things Hearts, no one deserves  ridicule for cheerleading us- it's our job and the strangest thing I can think of is to ridicule folk for doing just that. 

No one would need to ridicule anyone, but you brought it up and feel the need to defend your underestimation by deflecting to those who might be a bit overly optimistic. 

He ho, we're well over 20k, long may it continue. 

Aberdeen would have sold 20,000 plus had  the match been played in Aberdeen

Lie it or not the venue is important to non old firm clubs re fan numbers

PS what is this oneupmanship all about re fan numbers anyway.   It is what it is and attacking people for non attendance given they have the longest trip to attend the tie seems a bit much

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3pm ko. Big difference. And a final. 9k probably disappointing but there is another week to go. 430 at Hampden how many were we taking bearing in mind it was 12k 2012 for a lunchtime ko.

Yip,and  we could barley manage 13k at ER a few times as well. 

Semi finals are not the same as a final. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Their own fans are saying it's embarrassing. As for the 2014 League Cup final, it went to extra time and penalties. Not to mention the trophy ceremony,  lap of honour etc etc but they weren't too worried about getting the kids home that day for school in the morning. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Yip,and  we could barley manage 13k at ER a few times as well. 

Semi finals are not the same as a final. 

We had a crap team back then and the club was in turmoil. Aberdeen have their best side in years so they are hardly comparable. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Their own fans are saying it's embarrassing. As for the 2014 League Cup final, it went to extra time and penalties. Not to mention the trophy ceremony,  lap of honour etc etc but they weren't too worried about getting the kids home that day for school in the morning. 

A final is a very different occasion. I think you know that. I think most people would agree if we were asked to travel 150 miles at 430 on a Sunday our following would not be dissimilar 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It seems like the SPFL couldn't wait to take the extra tickets of Aberdeen to give to The Rangers.

There is still ten days to the game and if Aberdeen have organised their sales like us they will still have a public sale to come.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Don't worry about it, technology can be a bugger. Was this what you were looking for?

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty useless with technology anything past smilies is black magic.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A final is a very different occasion. I think you know that. I think most people would agree if we were asked to travel 150 miles at 430 on a Sunday our following would not be dissimilar 

They've got a helluva lot more fans in the central belt than we have in the Aberdeen area so you might be right. However, when you have Aberdeen fans themselves admitting the ticket sales are poor then you know there is no excuses.

Captain Sausage

Brilliant news on the ticket sales. Hopefully pump Aberdeen on Saturday and use the feel good to get over the line for a sell out. 

Ann should probably be asking the SPFL to force Celtic to hand over their spares. We’re gonna need them. 

3 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Wait until they move to their stadium outside Aberdeen and they are not playing well.

Good point

If you are talking about travel time new Aberdeen is as bad as anywhere.

Only 2 hours 20 minutes on train to Aberdeen but take longer to get back after game. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think the fact that we haven’t played Rangers at Tynecastle since 01/02/17 should explain our recent record against them. Prior to that we were very competitive against them.

Both Aberdeen and us seem to put in better performances against Celtic (or at least more of them, in amongst the defeats) than Rangers. We have a poor record against Rangers away from Tynecastle, as do Aberdeen away from Pittodrie, particularly when considering the relative strength of us/Aberdeen/Rangers in the last few years. I'd expect something from a game against Rangers at Tynecastle. I'd also expect us to do better at Ibrox, but between Sow's winner and shooting ourselves in the foot the other week, every other match in between has seen a pretty abject Hearts performance.

The fact it's our first semi final in 5 years, while we're top of the league, and is in our own city helps boost our sales. The fact that Aberdeen have been to 3 cup finals in the last five years means their fans are less incentivised to go as they'll probably decide to save the traveling etc for the final if they get there and they're generally on a downward curve towards McInnes at the moment as well. Their sales are poor, but I don't think it's particularly surprising. I think the Aberdeen fans would probably fancy themselves a bit more against Celtic, although they have a huge opportunity with Lafferty and Morelos both out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They've got a helluva lot more fans in the central belt than we have in the Aberdeen area so you might be right. However, when you have Aberdeen fans themselves admitting the ticket sales are poor then you know there is no excuses.

Don't worry I will be giving them stick: :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It seems like the SPFL couldn't wait to take the extra tickets of Aberdeen to give to The Rangers.

There is still ten days to the game and if Aberdeen have organised their sales like us they will still have a public sale to come.

Pretty sure it was open sales or as good as straight off

Heading towards a sell out Gorgie rules single seats left in a lot of sections massive amount shifted today proud to be a jambo ? now let's destroy these mhanks.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heading towards a sell out Gorgie rules single seats left in a lot of sections massive amount shifted today proud to be a jambo ? now let's destroy these mhanks.

Still the west corner sections to open up but sales have been fantastic. Really will be a sea of maroon.

58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye but the point is they were questioning why they were not considered for the tie at Murrayfield. A stadium with 15k more seats than the venue they are struggling to sell 10k for.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

We had a crap team back then and the club was in turmoil. Aberdeen have their best side in years so they are hardly comparable. 

They don't have their best side in years, they're 7th or something. 

We were also in Edinburgh, shite side or good side. So again, hardly comparable with Aberdeen traveling to Glasgow. 

Crowds go up and down, point scoring for crowds imo is shite banter. 

It’ll be a great day seeing us sell out at Murrayfield. It’ll be a different atmosphere to any of the games we have played there previously. It might even change my view on Muddyfield. :smile:

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We were also in Edinburgh, shite side or good side. So again, hardly comparable with Aberdeen traveling to Glasgow. 

They've finished 2nd two years in a row and have reached plenty of semis and finals in the last five years. Therefore, they have their best side in years. They are also up against their biggest rivals so there is no excuse for the poor ticket sales. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They've finished 2nd two years in a row and have reached plenty of semis and finals in the last five years. Therefore, they have their best side in years. They are also up against their biggest rivals so there is no excuse for the poor ticket sales. 

They're still 7th this year. 

Just like there was no excuse for us not to sell our ER. 

Anything around 15k is decent for a semi.

Nothing to get excited about. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

They're still 7th this year. 

Just like there was no excuse for us not to sell our ER. 

Anything around 15k is decent for a semi.

Nothing to get excited about. 

I know they are 7th. In OCTOBER. 

Felix Lighter
43 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Not that we need crowd sizes to point score over the hobos, such ammo comes in handy to remind them of their place.

:leveinnaturalorder: 

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen would have sold 20,000 plus had  the match been played in Aberdeen

Lie it or not the venue is important to non old firm clubs re fan numbers

PS what is this oneupmanship all about re fan numbers anyway.   It is what it is and attacking people for non attendance given they have the longest trip to attend the tie seems a bit much

This.

Many said before the change we would be lucky to sell 10k now it’s embarrassing for another club a lot further away from Glasgow than us just because we have rammed a stadium round the corner? 

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Poor in comparison to who?  How much did we sell our last league cup Semi which was  down Lochend? Never mind other National Semis at Hampden bar Hibs. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Their own fans are saying it's embarrassing. 

I know. It’s bizarre that there are some trying to stick up for them when they admit themselves it’s a poor show. Quite why a semi at Easter Road half a decade ago is being presented as more relevant when we are currently on schedule to shift 30k is anybody’s guess?

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

This.

Many said before the change we would be lucky to sell 10k now it’s embarrassing for another club a lot further away from Glasgow than us just because we have rammed a stadium round the corner? 

It's the Aberdeen fans who are saying it's embarrassing. 

I must admit to be being surprised at their poor sales.

I could understand if it was a lunchtime KO but the kick off time of 4.30 means they can leave Aberdeen just after lunch and be home before supper.

They usually travel in good numbers but their have been a few semi finals over the years they have failed to show.

1996 springs to mind 'are you Airdrie in disguise ' we mocked them with and that was a 3.00pm KO.

9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Poor in comparison to who?  How much did we sell our last league cup Semi which was  down Lochend? Never mind other National Semis at Hampden bar Hibs. 

There was mitigating circumstances then as fine you know.

A poor turn out in the LC was the least of our worries.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's the Aberdeen fans who are saying it's embarrassing. 

I must admit to be being surprised at their poor sales.

I could understand if it was a lunchtime KO but the kick off time of 4.30 means they can leave Aberdeen just after lunch and be home before supper.

They usually travel in good numbers but their have been a few semi finals over the years they have failed to show.

1996 springs to mind 'are you Airdrie in disguise ' we mocked them with and that was a 3.00pm KO.

I'm sure we had close on 30k that day, more than double their turn out anyway. Hopefully we are on course to match our support that day this time at Murrayfield!

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'm sure we had close on 30k that day, more than double their turn out anyway. Hopefully we are on course to match our support that day this time at Murrayfield!

We had about 20k, they had about 7k. 

if i register on e-tickets on the Hearts site, as I've just done, is it not possible to buy tickets as a newly registered account? I chose tickets in S18 but could not proceed to checkout. I obv have a buying history with Hearts but do I need to buy my tickets in one of the other 2 ways? Any help/advice welcome.

2 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Both Aberdeen and us seem to put in better performances against Celtic (or at least more of them, in amongst the defeats) than Rangers. We have a poor record against Rangers away from Tynecastle, as do Aberdeen away from Pittodrie, particularly when considering the relative strength of us/Aberdeen/Rangers in the last few years. I'd expect something from a game against Rangers at Tynecastle. I'd also expect us to do better at Ibrox, but between Sow's winner and shooting ourselves in the foot the other week, every other match in between has seen a pretty abject Hearts performance.

The fact it's our first semi final in 5 years, while we're top of the league, and is in our own city helps boost our sales. The fact that Aberdeen have been to 3 cup finals in the last five years means their fans are less incentivised to go as they'll probably decide to save the traveling etc for the final if they get there and they're generally on a downward curve towards McInnes at the moment as well. Their sales are poor, but I don't think it's particularly surprising. I think the Aberdeen fans would probably fancy themselves a bit more against Celtic, although they have a huge opportunity with Lafferty and Morelos both out.

Both us and Aberdeen have far better recent records against Rangers. Aberdeen have lost 11 of their last 12 against Celtic comparatively they have 3 draws and 2 wins in their last 12 games against Rangers. Prior to the 4-0 win over Celtic we hadn’t beaten them since April 15th 2012. Not sure how you’d have the perception of either of us having a better record against Celtic than Rangers. Our results in Glasgow are almost as bad for each side of the old firm with the Sow 2-1 victory and a couple of 0-0 draws being the only light in a very very long and very very dark tunnel.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

if i register on e-tickets on the Hearts site, as I've just done, is it not possible to buy tickets as a newly registered account? I chose tickets in S18 but could not proceed to checkout. I obv have a buying history with Hearts but do I need to buy my tickets in one of the other 2 ways? Any help/advice welcome.

You can't buy on account set up after 26 September - as per club website. This applied to me - so i bought over the phone  from the ticket office. .I'd think the waiting times after today will be minimal. If you want more than 4 tickets you will have to do it by phone anyway - max of 4 per account. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I know they are 7th. In OCTOBER. 

The game is in October tho. 

Fans tend to go with current form. 

Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

The game is in October tho. 

Fans tend to go with current form. 

Our current ticket selling form is c25k. Not the historical ticket sale form of half a decade ago.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You can't buy on account set up after 26 September - as per club website. This applied to me - so i bought over the phone  from the ticket office. .I'd think the waiting times after today will be minimal. If you want more than 4 tickets you will have to do it by phone anyway - max of 4 per account. 

Appreciate it, thanks.