Need to get Souttar on a new contract

Heartsmad13

Souttar’s Contract expires in the summer of 2020, I hope we open discussions of a new long term deal soon in the same way Aberdeen have tied down McKenna and in doing so increased his value significantly. If he is worth over £7m Souttar has to be in the same bracket.

Don’t want another one of our top players running down their contract and forcing our hand.

A new 10 year deal sounds good ?.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, billbaberton said:

I almost cracked open my bottle of buckie in celebration! Then I read your post.

I almost cracked op... One off. 

letsalldothebeattie

Very misleading title. Genuinely thought this was to say he’s actually signed a new long term deal. 

But yes going onto the point made yes yes I do hope very soon Levein opens up talks with Soapy if he hasn’t already. If we can tie him down to a long term deal it will benefit us and John going forward 

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ban please mods.

Bit harsh, surely a yellow card n a stern warning should suffice 

I’ve said before pay him what he’s worth (if that’s 7 million pay him what a 7 million player gets paid) and put a minimum release clause in his contract 

we have to be honest the way he is progressing he is probably one of the best centre halfs in Europe for his age group so it won’t be long before bids come in for him

chester copperpot

I would chuck up his salary now. This boy is going to make us huge money but we must get him to sign on longer term. Spending half a mill to get him to extend by another 2yrs or so will make us so many more millions in the future. He looks top drawer this season.

Never one to complain but disappointed the entire thread hasn't been deleted and the OP warned or banned.

Absolute stench of the bank defaulters.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I must be the only one who expected the OP

Didn’t think it would be that confusing, I would have said Souttar signs new contract, I’ve asked for the title to be changed to appease the masses ?

Captain Canada

I have no inside knowledge at all, but I've got a good feeling he'll pen a three year extension in the coming months. He's still young so can move on for £10million when he's in his prime. 

Edited by Captain Canada

I never like overstating the role of the club re a player - a person, and individual.

But he does kind of owe us something for getting his career to where it is now - basically in 18 months.

I don’t like that sort of language because generally my view is that I don’t think players owe clubs anything really if they have always tried their best.

However, for once I do believe that in Souttar we do have the sort of player that would extend for 3 years in order to ensure we got as good a transfer fee for him as possible.

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I never like overstating the role of the club re a player - a person, and individual.

But he does kind of owe us something for getting his career to where it is now - basically in 18 months.

I don’t like that sort of language because generally my view is that I don’t think players owe clubs anything really if they have always tried their best.

However, for once I do believe that in Souttar we do have the sort of player that would extend for 3 years in order to ensure we got as good a transfer fee for him as possible.

Well said chief, agree 100%

3 minutes ago, Junta said:

I assume the OP's thread title has now been changed. What was it before?

I think it was Oh ya beauty Souttar's just signed a new five year deal.  Or somethiing equally ambiguous

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think it was Oh ya beauty Souttar's just signed a new five year deal.  Or somethiing equally ambiguous

You would think so with some of the reactions ???

It would be tremendous if we can get him on a new contract.  He deserves a wage rise and he also knows Levein/the club will do the right thing for his career, the trust is evidently there. 

I don't understand why folks are so panicky about Souttar's contact situation? He has almost 2 years left on his current contract. He has a great relationship with Levein. So do his parents. He is only 21 which is young for a CB. He is still developing. He is well aware of the risks that poor player management can result in - as he's experienced it firsthand...