Hibs 3rd Strip

wanderer

17 hours ago, wigwam123 said:

Think they may be struggling with finances...

You could be right. 

They're desperately rushing out a book to hit the shelves for Christmas. 

"Hibernian :The Championship Years" 

Spoiler

IMG_20180920_123333.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

We wore it both Dundee games we lost the first match at Dens and won the second Mo Johnston scored tice in the second game.

The 'canary' yellow strip was made by Asics not to be confused with the Pony yellow one a couple of years later.

Yip. Two different yellow kits. Both boggin.

The Pony one was worn in a Monday night snore draw at Pittodrie once. Remember the occasion as I had a couple of quid on Weir to score first at 50s and he came close.

Yet I cant remember what I did last Sunday

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye I was at that gamd. Im sure it was an all yellow affair as both our home and away clashed. Im thinking it must have been when we had our 'Inter Milan' away outfit.

Did it not 'inspire' our yellow away top a few years later?...

jsocr003.jpg.c5e98c27dca5dc8d328da80a0a181a49.jpg

I like that. We should reincarnate it.

15 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Macron yellow template shirt. Better then their green Court Jester home shirt.

macron template.jpg

As those tinks revel in ripping off their club, presumably they’ll all just buy that one and write H1B5, Marafon and Makro on it in marker pen. Over to you photoshoppers...

queensferryjambo
44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip. Two different yellow kits. Both boggin.

The Pony one was worn in a Monday night snore draw at Pittodrie once. Remember the occasion as I had a couple of quid on Weir to score first at 50s and he came close.

Yet I cant remember what I did last Sunday

Pony Yellow was also worn in away game to Raith (1-1 Robbo scored) but oddly we wore the previous seasons 'Argentina' away kit next trip to Raith. We also wore Argentina one first game at Pittodrie then yellow on the Monday one later in the season.

The big game the Pony yellow was worn in though was Red Star Belgrade away with the nutty high squad numbers.

Pasquale for King

Copying their cousins again. Last season Celtic had three strips that all had green in it, they had to wear an old Pink one at ER. This season all three away tops clash with St Mirrens home top. 

I don’t think Hibs realised their home and away strips clashed with Celtics and they brought this out in a hurry, who released strips in September?

51DA7C60-D20C-4429-9FA7-C11770BCA293.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, iainmac said:

You could be right. 

They're desperately rushing out a book to hit the shelves for Christmas. 

"Hibernian :The Championship Years" 

Hide contents

IMG_20180920_123333.jpg

Full title: Third Season Lucky?

queensferryjambo

Just for anyone in the thread wondering what the lesser spotted yellow Asics strip looked like here is the only picture I have of it. The picture doesn't do justice to this EPIC strip.

To give you an idea of what the shirt looked like close up there is also a picture of the shorts.

12936742_10208758958522132_2137109297769469282_n.jpg12640306_10208724296891866_6486247143263

Edited by queensferryjambo

been here before
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Just for anyone in the thread wondering what the lesser spotted yellow Asics strip looked like here is the only picture I have of it. The picture doesn't do justice to this EPIC strip.

To give you an idea of what the shirt looked like close up there is also a picture of the shorts.

12936742_10208758958522132_2137109297769469282_n.jpg12640306_10208724296891866_6486247143263

Is that the one used at Dens?

I know its probably the best part of 25-30 years ago but I recall it being brighter with no sponsor on it. Very much like someone had only realised a little bit before ko and rushed out to a sports shop.

7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Spent a few years playing sunday morning football for the Coronation Inn in Gorebridge wearing that kit, our manager had previously worked in the Hearts shop so managed to get the full kit, we were murder but parading about in the full Hearts kit, SPL badges the lot!!! 

Me too... there's a few of Dusty's ex players on here....

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:41, Salad Fingers said:

I hope to god we never have a luminous kit. Tacky as ****

TBF, it will be useful in midweek games, when they can't keep up the payments for the Electric!

queensferryjambo
12 hours ago, been here before said:

Is that the one used at Dens?

I know its probably the best part of 25-30 years ago but I recall it being brighter with no sponsor on it. Very much like someone had only realised a little bit before ko and rushed out to a sports shop.

It is the one used at Dens and the photos make it look more orangey yellow but in real life it was pretty much canary yellow. There are videos on youtube of the games to see it in action. I can't get into youtube just now as I am at work but if you check out Dragutin Ristic sublime lob v Hearts Season 93/94 - YouTube you should get it.

There was an urban legend at the time that the strip was bought at a sports shop and a seamstress was on the team bus sewing on badges etc that just wasn't true.

In fact the strip was pretty much the same pattern and style as the Asics Newcastle 93/94 blue away kit. Only difference was colour, badge and sponsor.

12 hours ago, tamflogel said:

Me too... there's a few of Dusty's ex players on here....

Good times, even if we did get humped most weeks cos everyone was still wrecked from the Saturday night and that I include myself in that even although I was only 15 when I started playing haha