Team Vs Livi

julienbrellier

julienbrellier

There´s been a lot of talk about how good the squad is on here and rightly so. In terms of depth it may be as good as I´ve seen, but who would you start against Livi this weekend in what is another crucial game to maintain our momentum.  I think there are a number of formations we could opt for and given his calibre I would be trying to ensure Clare gets a start in his favoured position of attacking midfield.  I want to see us go with a 3-4-2-1 with the following players:

Bobby

Smith                   Souttar           Dunne

Morrison                       Haring                  Lee                     Mitchell   

Naismith                    Clare

Uche

Like the look of that team but depends on Clares fitness levels

OP team that is

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

There´s been a lot of talk about how good the squad is on here and rightly so. In terms of depth it may be as good as I´ve seen, but who would you start against Livi this weekend in what is another crucial game to maintain our momentum.  I think there are a number of formations we could opt for and given his calibre I would be trying to ensure Clare gets a start in his favoured position of attacking midfield.  I want to see us go with a 3-4-2-1 with the following players: 

Bobby

Morrison                       Haring                  Lee                     Mitchell   

Uche

Clare won't start.

18Jambo_dave74

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Dunne Mitchell

Morrison Haring Lee Naismith

Ikpeazu MacLean

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Garuccio, Djoum, Bozanic, Clare, Wighton. 

Without knowing where exactly we intend to play Clare and what his fitness is like, I'd put him on the bench for Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Bobby

Uche

Lucky Griffiths is not at Hearts. Starting Clare immediately having not played a game for 6 months would be seen as a "kick in the teeth" by him...

I think we have to temper expectations of Clare. He's young and inexperienced still.

Was just thinking about this. Not sure If Clare can play a wing role or if he's strictly a CAM, but I was trying to fit him in without dropping anyone too 'important'. Morrison drew the short straw, which is fairly understandable compared to everyone else. 

I can see the argument for dropping Djoum, but only because Lee and Haring are key players. That said, I think we should be trying to get Djoum back in the starting 11 consistently, as i think that'll prove the strongest midfield combination over time.

Hearts Starting 11.jpg

Edit: this isn't strictly for the livi game as i'm not sure of Clare's fitness levels, but it's an idea nonetheless.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Zlamal

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne 

Mitchell

Djoum

Haring 

Lee

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 
MacLean

Good team that.

The guile of MacLean and Naismith could be needed if they park the bus.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Good team that.

The guile of MacLean and Naismith could be needed if they park the bus. 

Yip MacLeans link up and clever play will be ideal for this fixture.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Zlamal

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne 

Mitchell

Djoum

Haring 

Lee

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 
MacLean

That's a good team - lacks width a bit so maybe Morrison instead of Mclean or coming on for him ater if needed. Great to have so many options

I'd imagine Livingston will leave just one man up (if that). 

Suspect we'll go with a four in that case, with the full backs attacking and leaving the CBs to pick up their one striker. 

I like McLean in these games because he has the guile to unlock a packed defence.

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Smith                                            Garuccio

Haring

Djoum                             Mitchell

Naismith

McLean                   Ikpeazu

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garuccio

Haring

Lee

Naismith (drifts about and causes mayhem)

MacLean

Uche

Mitchell (winger)

14 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garuccio

Haring

Lee

MacLean

Uche

Mitchell (winger)

14 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garuccio

Haring

Lee

MacLean

Uche

Mitchell (winger)

This not one player has put a foot wrong naismith on the right comes inside anyway and drifts allowing Smith to get wider on the right with garuccio overlapping mitchell on the other side with McLean and uche upfront McLean drops deep and asks for the ball to link up with the big man uche 4-0 hearts.

Edited by Bongo 1874

letsalldothebeattie
47 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Zlamal

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne 

Garuccio 

Djoum

Haring 

Lee

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

Mitchell

This for me

31 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Suspect we'll go with a four in that case, with the full backs attacking and leaving the CBs to pick up their one striker. 

I like McLean in these games because he has the guile to unlock a packed defence.

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Haring

Naismith

Looks spot on to me, would beat Livingston easy.

33 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Haring

Naismith

Nailed it.

the jambo poet

I think we may go 3 at the back but the options are endless. The reason being, we need to try and win and open them up so in comes MacLean out goes Smith. I don't think you can drop Lee so he stays in alongside Djoum who needs to get match fit and these games are bread and butter for this. You really feel for the players. not only not making the pitch, but not making the bench too such are our options.

The team below can change shape, diamond or have width with Naismith and Mitchell out wide.

Bobby

Dikamona

Souttar

Dunne

Mitchell

Djoum

Haring

Lee

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

subs Doyle, Clare, Smith,  Garuccio, Morrison, Bozanic,  Wighton.

Levein may not go with a 4 at the back though, so perhaps with 2 centre halves picking up their lone striker and we remove Dikamona and replace with Smith.

38 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Haring

Naismith

Mitchell at left back and Lee in Mitchell's place in midfield for me.

Tough on Garuccio but I'd leave him out for this one.

Great to have so many options though. 

42 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Haring

Naismith

Only one change from this - Lee for Djoum.  Lee's set pieces are a massive asset. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
41 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Zlamal

Smith souttar dunne garrucio 

haring

Naismith Lee Mitchell 

ikpeazu MacLean 

Would be mine also 

Same team as win v St Mirren.

Thought Garrucio and Mitchell was a good combination and caused all sorts of problems. 

Zlamal

Smith.  Souttar.  Dunne. Garrucio

Lee.  Haring.  

Naismith. McLean. Mitchell. 

Ikpeazu.  

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

Bobby

Uche

think its really unfair on Garrucio not to start him. He's done nothing to be dropped. Morrison to start on the bench,  Clare to be benched as well, bring him on second half. Same team vs St Mirren

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Was just thinking about this. Not sure If Clare can play a wing role or if he's strictly a CAM, but I was trying to fit him in without dropping anyone too 'important'. Morrison drew the short straw, which is fairly understandable compared to everyone else. 

I can see the argument for dropping Djoum, but only because Lee and Haring are key players. That said, I think we should be trying to get Djoum back in the starting 11 consistently, as i think that'll prove the strongest midfield combination over time.

Hearts Starting 11.jpg

Edit: this isn't strictly for the livi game as i'm not sure of Clare's fitness levels, but it's an idea nonetheless.

Where did you get the format and figures to do those line ups?

7 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Mitchell at left back and Lee in Mitchell's place in midfield for me.

Tough on Garuccio but I'd leave him out for this one.

Great to have so many options though. 

Fantastic to have such a strong squad - and we still have the big striker to come in January!

This will put us in good sted when the injuries and suspensions come along.

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Zlamal

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne 

Garuccio 

Djoum

Haring 

Lee

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 

Mitchell

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Dunne Mitchell

Morrison Haring Lee Naismith

Ikpeazu MacLean

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Garuccio, Djoum, Bozanic, Clare, Wighton. 

Without knowing where exactly we intend to play Clare and what his fitness is like, I'd put him on the bench for Saturday. 

Barring unknown injuries I'll be very surprised if this isn't the starting 11 on Saturday. I think MacLean will continue to come in for home games against most sides and for me Djoum is the most likely to make way currently. Bench gives us lots of options if Livvy are proving a hard nut to crack. Suspect we would then make a couple of changes for the Motherwell cup match.

Edited by magicTs

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

think its really unfair on Garrucio not to start him. He's done nothing to be dropped. Morrison to start on the bench,  Clare to be benched as well, bring him on second half. Same team vs St Mirren

Correct.

Bobby

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Mitchell

Haring

Lee

Djoum

Naismith

Ikpeazu

Mclean

If we are winning, do as before and bring on Dikamona. If we are not, we can bring on Morrison.

He’s had 2-3 games but you don’t want a young player starting every week.

Edited by BigC

Dunno if people agree but would maybe like too see Anthony McDonald come on second half man what a team we have still to get the likes of cochrane and McDonald with brandon and godinho involved too :clyay:

1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

Bobby

Uche

Given his calibre??. According to wiki he's only played 38 first team games, mainly in D1 or D2 down south and only scored 3 goals, yet you, and others are wanting him shoe-horned into a team that's unbeaten this season. Like every other fan, I hope he's the real deal but he has to earn his place in the side. I'm sure CL will think this way too. I'd expect him to be on the bench for the next couple of weeks at least

Bozanic clare morrison Wighton, And the positives about all the young players I mentioned above playing with the likes of naismith McLean hughes berra they know to put in a performance to earn the respect from the older heads and playing with an older head will only improve there game sorry but I love Craig 

E8BCF5AC-D21F-418C-9AC9-49A73AE4C9B8.gif.47dc46ce3ebb26d91ef5a4152bf4a5fe.gif

Edited by Bongo 1874

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct.

Garuccio didn't play at Motherwell.

7 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Garuccio didn't play at Motherwell.

I know just think he will start as we set up differently away from home McLean got dropped too think he will come back into the team and we will play two up top.

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He seems to be fairly versatile, had played on the right and left of midfield as well as in central roles, has even played right back.  I kind of think Levein maybe sees him as a box to box midfielder (I think that's what he hoped Ryan Edwards would do for us).  However, it's good that he is versatile as it gives us even more options to adjust formation during a game.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I know just think he will start as we set up differently away from home McLean got dropped too think he will come back into the team and we will play two up top.

Definitely agree about MacLean. Be very interesting to see what CL does in relation to Morrison, Garuccio, Djoum and Clare. Looks like 2 from 4 to me with the latter probably least likely to start immediately. 

I don’t think we need Haring, Djoum and Lee in against Livingston.

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Dunne

Garrucio

Naismith

Lee

Haring

Mitchell

MacLean

Uche

56 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Where did you get the format and figures to do those line ups?

Just saved all the squad images from the Hearts website and played around with them on Corel.

Made a few extra possible lineups:

Hearts lineups.png

levein 10 defenders.png

2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Bobby

Uche

Clare shoudn't start. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bit of a mind **** this. 

Way too many toys to play with. 

3 2 3 2 formation?

Bob Soaps Jimmy D Dikamona

Haring Djoum 

Lee Naismith Demi 

McLean Ikpeazu 

Doyle Bozanic Smith Garuccio Wighton Clare Morrison