Team Vs Livi

julienbrellier

Some mention Clare, who might be great for Hearts - but is he quite match fit and ready? 

Djoum I dont think isd quite 100% yet.. But, should get a run of an hour against Livvy.. 

I like Jockam's lineup, a few earlier. 

2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Only one change from this - Lee for Djoum.  Lee's set pieces are a massive asset. 

This for me. 

2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Only one change from this - Lee for Djoum.  Lee's set pieces are a massive asset. 

Fair point. We may well have a lot of corners and freekicks needing delivered, so he would be an asset on that score. Doesn't weaken our open play significantly when compared to Djoum either. I'm convinced.

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Smith                                            Garuccio

Haring

Lee                             Mitchell

Naismith

McLean                   Ikpeazu

highlandjambo3
15 minutes ago, Swanston JT said:

Can't see Clare starting but no matter who starts, CL now has strong options from the bench. What a difference a year makes!

Not sure about Clare tbh, from reading his arrival statements over the last day or so, it looks like he may have been told he will be a first team starter, that could have partially been one of the conditions of him signing ( I know there are no guarantees and no one should just assume a first team spot).  I think he will start on Saturday or, come on from the bench.........

Or not........... there you go, all opshuns covered ?

I think we should start with McLean and Uche with Naisy in an advanced midfield role.  Stevie McLean has the ability to link play and this could unlock a stubborn Livi 10 man defence.  Clare to get final 15 or 20 mins once we are in a comfortable winning position.  Defence picks itself but i would go with 3 at the back with Morrison/Mulraney on the right, Mitchell on the left and Lee and Haring in CM

Edited by jamboiain13

Uche

Maclean 

Naismith 

Lee       Morrison

Mitchell.      Haring

Dunne       Souttar     Smith

Zlamal

Captain Canada

Bobby

Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Mitchell 

Naismith Uche 

Subs: Doyle, MacLean, Wighton, Clevid, Djoum, Clare and Bozanic

The idea would be to get as many balls into the box as possible from wide for Uche to attack or Naismith to pick up the scraps. 

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Same team as win v St Mirren.

Thought Garrucio and Mitchell was a good combination and caused all sorts of problems. 

Zlamal

Smith.  Souttar.  Dunne. Garrucio

Lee.  Haring.  

Naismith. McLean. Mitchell. 

Ikpeazu.  

This.  

4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just saved all the squad images from the Hearts website and played around with them on Corel.

Made a few extra possible lineups:

Hearts lineups.png

levein 10 defenders.png

Loving the images!

6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Was just thinking about this. Not sure If Clare can play a wing role or if he's strictly a CAM, but I was trying to fit him in without dropping anyone too 'important'. Morrison drew the short straw, which is fairly understandable compared to everyone else. 

I can see the argument for dropping Djoum, but only because Lee and Haring are key players. That said, I think we should be trying to get Djoum back in the starting 11 consistently, as i think that'll prove the strongest midfield combination over time.

Hearts Starting 11.jpg

Edit: this isn't strictly for the livi game as i'm not sure of Clare's fitness levels, but it's an idea nonetheless.

Loving the images.

For old time's sake I would love to see this team take the field.

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Dunne

Smith                             Mitchell

Lee  Haring  Bozanic

Djoum

Clare

I'm sure you can work out why!

6 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Dunne Mitchell

Morrison Haring Lee Naismith

Ikpeazu MacLean

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Garuccio, Djoum, Bozanic, Clare, Wighton. 

Without knowing where exactly we intend to play Clare and what his fitness is like, I'd put him on the bench for Saturday. 

I think it will be 3 at the back but if you think of the names missing from that group it shows how deep our squad is now.

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Uche

Maclean 

Naismith 

Lee       Morrison

Mitchell.      Haring

Dunne       Souttar     Smith

Zlamal

Zlamal any good at finishing?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Add Cochrane Berra Vanecek and to a much lesser extent Mulraney and McDonald. 

Quite a squad and several not stripped weekly.  

8 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Zlamal

Smith 

Souttar 

Dunne 

Mitchell

Djoum

Haring 

Lee

Naismith 

Ikpeazu 
MacLean

This.

We have some team.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

I believe we have the strongest team in years at home we are very strong. I would have one eye on Motherwell, with a chance to go to Hampden so i’d go with.    

Zlamal

M.Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Djoum Bozanic Mitchell

Wighton Maclean 

For me that team is strong enough at home to win see what the score is after 50-60 mins then can make some changes going into a tough game midweek with fresher legs.

17 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

I'd imagine Livingston will leave just one man up (if that). 

Suspect we'll go with a four in that case, with the full backs attacking and leaving the CBs to pick up their one striker. 

I like McLean in these games because he has the guile to unlock a packed defence.

Zlamal

Souttar          Dunne

Smith                                            Garuccio

Haring

Djoum                             Mitchell

Naismith

McLean                   Ikpeazu

As you and others have said, MacLean really is something we've been missing in the last few years given the number of teams who happily come to Tynecastle and park the bus. We've often been frustratingly unable to break teams like that down but MacLean's experience and football IQ should really make a difference for us now.

2 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

I believe we have the strongest team in years at home we are very strong. I would have one eye on Motherwell, with a chance to go to Hampden so i’d go with.    

Zlamal

M.Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Djoum Bozanic Mitchell

Wighton Maclean 

For me that team is strong enough at home to win see what the score is after 50-60 mins then can make some changes going into a tough game midweek with fresher legs.

We’ve won our first five and you want to start dropping 3 of our best players so far including our 2 top scorers

:cornette:

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Add Cochrane Berra Vanecek and to a much lesser extent Mulraney and McDonald. 

Quite a squad and several not stripped weekly.  

Struggle to see why you would say to a much lesser extent Mcdonald. In every game he has played he has been excellent. Seems to get overlooked a bit because of Harry's goal against Celtic but he has pace, guile, creates chances...probably needs some more weight on him but only just 17. Mulraney I agree, struggle to understand why he was brought in, think there are already better at the club.

It's a fine balance between not disrupting a winning team and making subtle changes to suit games.  Don't think we have had the same line up two games running yet this season.  CL is becoming a bit of a master at squad rotation.  Keeps everyone fit, on their toes and avoid anyone becoming disillusioned.    There will be changes on Saturday but possibly only one, McLean for Morrison.  Clare will be on  bench.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Struggle to see why you would say to a much lesser extent Mcdonald. In every game he has played he has been excellent. Seems to get overlooked a bit because of Harry's goal against Celtic but he has pace, guile, creates chances...probably needs some more weight on him but only just 17. Mulraney I agree, struggle to understand why he was brought in, think there are already better at the club.

Sorry, should clarify. I don't mean on ability, really on games played and impact to date. Would be fair to say he has been more sparingly used, so impact of him missing out is probably not so high. But I love his poise on the ball.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sorry, should clarify. I don't mean on ability, really on games played and impact to date. Would be fair to say he has been more sparingly used, so impact of him missing out is probably not so high. But I love his poise on the ball.

Yeah that makes sense. I would like to see him more involved as I don't think we have a player like him. Morrisson an out and out winger but final ball needs work and needs to lift his head, Mulraney I just don't get at all, Tony much more technical player, plays through defences rather than lumping crosses into the box. Team playing very well and lots of strength in depth so think Harry and Anthony will be limited in their game time...maybe get them out on loan in January as playing reserve football no good for their development.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

Yeah that makes sense. I would like to see him more involved as I don't think we have a player like him. Morrisson an out and out winger but final ball needs work and needs to lift his head, Mulraney I just don't get at all, Tony much more technical player, plays through defences rather than lumping crosses into the box. Team playing very well and lots of strength in depth so think Harry and Anthony will be limited in their game time...maybe get them out on loan in January as playing reserve football no good for their development.

Certainly strong competition. That's 22 of a squad plus Burns and Edwards. January window is going to be dull   :lol:

There was chat McDonald had got a  bit Billy Big Baws but I think he has that imagination in him that will help us 

Levein in his press conference today said it would take a couple of weeks for Clare to get up to full speed, so he certainly won't be starting on Saturday.

Also, Brandon and Godinho both about a month away from their returns, just to give us even more permutations to puzzle over!