the jambo poet

the jambo poet

Be in Neil Lennon's shoes for a day (or bring your own). This could be fun !!!

Great cause though and well done Neil Lennon for doing this. He doesn't always get good press, especially on here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/neil-lennon-donates-chance-to-manage-hibs-for-a-day-as-charity-auction-prize-1-4801610

An East Lothian charity is offering the chance to manage Hibs for a day - after manager Neil Lennon donated the opportunity as an auction prize. The Tranent-based Walk With Scott Foundation (WWSF), established by local resident Scott Glynn, is accepting offers from interested parties, with the top bidder winning the chance to walk in Lennon’s shoes for 24 hours.

The winner will meet the Hibs first team, take a training session and be treated to a tour of the club’s East Mains training complex. A spokesperson for WWSF said: “This is a fantastic auction item kindly donated by Neil Lennon and Hibs.” The top bid currently stands at £750 but with a closing date of November 17, that is expected to increase.

Glynn - named Community Champion at the Edinburgh Evening News Local Hero awards last year - met Lennon at a recent friendly match between Tranent Juniors and a Hibs XI at Foresters Park

The WWSF began life as a small charity effort, later achieving foundation status in 2017.

In the last six years, the Foundation has helped 50 charities and raised over £250,000 through a number of walking events

A Boy Named Crow

Surely we can pool our resources here, then in an old Championship Manager fashion, use that day to terminate the first team contracts etc. Would see the obvious course of action, no?

Bez says he'd have them liquidated by 2pm, well after I had sacked the the entire first team squad, fired the ground staff, called Dalton to come in that day to demolish the stands, I reckon my job would be done  by 11.45 am

17 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hope it raises a lot of money for the charity.

If I was manager of Hibs for the day, I’d have them liquidated by 2pm. ?

2pm  ???  guess you starting about 1.50pm that day or do you have a cunning plan to fill the am

Edited by MadJock

been here before

Surley a large part of Lennons morning is taken up with trying to find what hedge Gary Parker is sleeping under so they can start the training.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

JKB should put a decent bid in. If we win it would be a hoot for us and if we lose at least it has pushed up the amount going to charity. 

100% this. 

JKB 8n charge of hibs for a day. 

Ofc there will be limits, but have them training in dresses or Hearts tops and working on a 460 formation would be a good laugh. And our Craig... Likes a good laugh! 

460 formation training in natural order T shirts with a pic of Craig on the front. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

6 minutes ago, MadJock said:

2pm  ???  guess you starting about 1.50pm that day or do you have a cunning plan to fill the am

The morning would be spent curling out little individual jobbies in the first team’s lockers.

24 minutes ago, Bez said:

The morning would be spent curling out little individual jobbies in the first team’s lockers.

I’d have a massive curry the night before and laxatives for breakfast. I’m a “substantial” size, so I reckon I could swamp the place. 

Show some ambition Bez ?

Sit them down for 9 hours watching 6 of the most famous scuddings we've dished out to them over the years with a smug grin and a raging stauner the whole time :greggy:

43 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

JKB should put a decent bid in. If we win it would be a hoot for us and if we lose at least it has pushed up the amount going to charity. 

If the bid won it would also pick up a fair bit of press I’d imagine and give the charity a fair bit of publicity.

Would be a good bit of light hearted fun for a good cause. 

So a full 24hrs. Sack the team and hire loads of shite free agents on massive 5 year contracts then home to pump the wife and clean the toilet with his toothbrush if he has one sounds good

the jambo poet
11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So a full 24hrs. Sack the team and hire loads of shite free agents on massive 5 year contracts then home to pump the wife and clean the toilet with his toothbrush if he has one sounds good

old hat.....that's what they did in 2012 !!

56 minutes ago, Bez said:

I'd take a training session with them. With me playing. 

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

I'd take a training session with them. With me playing. 

Be careful you will end up in the match day squad and probably the starting 11

Just now, Herbert said:

:clyay:

You'll need to take the toothbrush out of the packet.

Nice idea I see no harm with this as it for charity and a bonus for Lennon. He can schedule his day off so he can go to his next Celtic function. 

On a more serious note, I tempted to bid for this myself and get them to do a tough mudder course, a team building day... I would of course, tell you all on here in advance when and where it be taking place, god forbid some of the obstacles were sabotaged! 

2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Bez says he'd have them liquidated by 2pm, well after I had sacked the the entire first team squad, fired the ground staff, called Dalton to come in that day to demolish the stands, I reckon my job would be done  by 11.45 am

I can have it done by 10.30 :laugh:

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would invite Cathro along as my assistant and successor but make sure he signed a five year contract first. 

Use all available cash to buy Sammon, and give him 25k per week, with a 20k non appearance clause..with a further 50k when he reaches 1 goal for the season.

And take a shite under tango pubes desk.

I hope that the charities do really well out of it.

I think I could do a decent job. I could football and I've worked on a farm most of my life. I'm probably over qualified.

We should absolutely do it as a JKB effort.  I'm not sure how much we'd need to raise to win the auction, but it would be an absolute disaster for them to have a Hearts fan forum in charge of their team for a day :lol:

In all seriousness, imagine the stories in the papers though, as a rival fan forum takes charge of your team for the day.  The PR spin would probably suit Hibs quite well as well - could imagine it making national news, and could be used to raise awareness for the charity too!

Make them train in Hearts kits, and take the piss a bit, but nothing major, and it would be quite funny.

giphy.gif

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We should absolutely do it as a JKB effort.  I'm not sure how much we'd need to raise to win the auction, but it would be an absolute disaster for them to have a Hearts fan forum in charge of their team for a day :lol:

In all seriousness, imagine the stories in the papers though, as a rival fan forum takes charge of your team for the day.  The PR spin would probably suit Hibs quite well as well - could imagine it making national news, and could be used to raise awareness for the charity too!

Make them train in Hearts kits, and take the piss a bit, but nothing major, and it would be quite funny.

giphy.gif

I would love it! Live streaming of it too! 

:greggy::clyay::scenes:

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

giphy.gif

That would be incredible.

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Go straight in with a £5100 bid then.

Calm the beans.

£1500.15

7 hours ago, the jambo poet said:

Can't be too difficult to master !!

neil-lennon-kicking-bottles_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Neil-Lennon-fumes.jpg

Definitely not the full shilling - but as has been said already the wee skip is brilliant