Champions League 2018/19

Morgan

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

I actually cheered the scouser's winner, fortunately was watching it on my own.

Couple of good games tonight for the neutral, unsure which to watch tomorrow.

I cheered their winner as well. Thanks for the free bet, bet365 ??

75B8DADE-F312-46AB-A5C0-CEFE3ECD7A9C.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my prediction wrong but, Liverpool could go far this year again.

Pretty pleased they beat the Parisian scum tbh.

chester copperpot
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Bizzare officiating there. Took ages to chock off the goal and seemed like the officials have the goal initially. 

Anyways was defiantly the correct decision. 

Btw Naymar, Mhappe and Cavani are being shown up by the Liverpool forward line. Sturridge surprisingly playing excellent and Salah showing why he is the best striker in the world ATM 

Salah was horse shite tnite. 

35 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I cheered their winner as well. Thanks for the free bet, bet365 ??

75B8DADE-F312-46AB-A5C0-CEFE3ECD7A9C.png

Nice one buddy, well done ? 

Nightmare having to listen to mcmanaman nasalling on about how bad PSG are, almost made me want them to win it. Also his utterly baffled reaction to the referee taking a couple of extra seconds to come to the right decision was infuriating. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nightmare having to listen to mcmanaman nasalling on about how bad PSG are, almost made me want them to win it. 

The two of them went on and on and, it was almost inevitable that their non-stop derogatory comments (deserved by the way) would produce the "Commentator's Curse."

Can you imagine what PSG's Kickback will be like tonight?  

See that Neymar, why's he got to carry his wallet about during the game? 

It must thoroughly exhaust the poor chap!

Commentators banging on about Salah slamming his water bottle down.

If the lazy gits just look behind Klop as Fermino scores, you can see Salah leaping to his feet.

rudi must stay
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG could do well 

Interesting approach to game but its a long tournament 

I think Spurs could do well too. Years ago they'd have gone to the San Siro and been hammered and not even competed. But it looks like they gave a good account of themselves and were unlucky, Poccetino continues to do a great job there.

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG could do well 

Interesting approach to game but its a long tournament 

Not sure how you can say that after last night. No discernible game plan, except to give it to Neymar. The front 4 are lazy and the midfield were simply exposed.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think Spurs could do well too. Years ago they'd have gone to the San Siro and been hammered and not even competed. But it looks like they gave a good account of themselves and were unlucky, Poccetino continues to do a great job there.

Bale won almost single handedly there a few years ago. As far as I can see spurs have replaced arsenal as a team playing attractive football, but winning nothing. Even Leicester got the better of them. 

Wednesdays games:

Ajax v AEK Athens

Benfica v Bayern Munich

Shakhtar Donetsk v 1899 Hoffenheim

Man. City v Lyon

Real Madrid v Roma

Viktoria Plzen v CSKA Moscow

Valencia v Juventus

Young Boys v Man. Utd

There are two games I’m not even going to attempt to predict so, from the remaining six, I’m going for wins for Ajax, Munich, City, Real and Juventus and a draw in the Man. Utd game.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Bale won almost single handedly there a few years ago. As far as I can see spurs have replaced arsenal as a team playing attractive football, but winning nothing. Even Leicester got the better of them. 

I don't see it this way. They are consistently punching above their weight, Poccetino manages them impressively and it won't be long IMO if they stick with him

The Old Tolbooth
13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Commentators banging on about Salah slamming his water bottle down.

If the lazy gits just look behind Klop as Fermino scores, you can see Salah leaping to his feet.

He definitely celebrated 

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/09/18/video-new-footage-shows-salah-actually-did-celebrate-firminos-goal/

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't see it this way. They are consistently punching above their weight, Poccetino manages them impressively and it won't be long IMO if they stick with him

I like pochetino, but just think their best chance of the league is behind them. At least until the stadium is paid for. Time will tell, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

League wise maybe.Though they haven't really got close.

Cup wise under achieved big time.

15 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nightmare having to listen to mcmanaman nasalling on about how bad PSG are, almost made me want them to win it. Also his utterly baffled reaction to the referee taking a couple of extra seconds to come to the right decision was infuriating. 

He's an awful commentator, everything Liverpool do is 'sublime', any other team do something good its 'aye well that's what you'd expect'.  

One thing I noticed last night was how quiet the Liverpool fans were, winning for majority of 'European thriller' and all you could hear was PSG fans. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, benny said:

League wise maybe.Though they haven't really got close.

Cup wise under achieved big time.

They have earned the reputation of big game bottlers, but at least they get there. They look a tight group, and Eriksson is playing fantastically. One of the best in the world, a cup win this season wouldn't be a shock IMO

8 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

His crying was cringey but it's a ridiculous red card. Not a chance that won't be overturned afterwards.

This is UEFA who will support the officials even if they walked out with a guide dog on a lead

Bazzas right boot

That Co comentator on the city game is an absolute slaver. 

Talks shite. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Stephane Grappelli
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Wednesdays games:

Ajax v AEK Athens

Benfica v Bayern Munich

Shakhtar Donetsk v 1899 Hoffenheim

Man. City v Lyon

Real Madrid v Roma

Viktoria Plzen v CSKA Moscow

Valencia v Juventus

Young Boys v Man. Utd

There are two games I’m not even going to attempt to predict so, from the remaining six, I’m going for wins for Ajax, Munich, City, Real and Juventus and a draw in the Man. Utd game.

Thought Madrid looked good tonight mate.  Played some great stuff as a team and some good young Spanish players getting a chance to shine.

• 1 month later...

23 October 2018

A few decent games tonight but the pick of the bunch must be Man.Utd v Juventus.

Can Utd. get anything from this?  Will Juve continue their good form?  Will the return of the prodigal son to Old Trafford be a factor?

I’m going 2-1 Juve, with Ron getting both.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

23 October 2018

A few decent games tonight but the pick of the bunch must be Man.Utd v Juventus.

Can Utd. get anything from this?  Will Juve continue their good form?  Will the return of the prodigal son to Old Trafford be a factor?

Had the opportunity to attend the Man U - Juventus game for a corporate freebie.

When our match was rescheduled against Dundee there was only one place I was going to be. 

Dens Park of course

In a normal tournament, i.e. knockout, it would have been some night of European Football.

Unfortunately, they've ruined what was once a great tournament.

Bollocks to it !

45 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Had the opportunity to attend the Man U - Juventus game for a corporate freebie.

When our match was rescheduled against Dundee there was only one place I was going to be. 

Dens Park of course

That would have been my choice too.

Must admit though, I’d love to be at Old Trafford for a big one like the Juve game! Have only been there once, to see Man U play Liverpool and it was brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

In a normal tournament, i.e. knockout, it would have been some night of European Football.

Unfortunately, they've ruined what was once a great tournament.

Bollocks to it !

All of this. 

On the positive side , I saw Man U play Rangers RIP in the CL a few years back , just after the riots. Naismith was outstanding that night.  Hope Man U get battered tonight. 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

23 October 2018

I think it could be the best match in quite a few years, and I mean that.

Mourinho has to attack and that's the way he's gone now his job is on a shoogly peg (I think its his last hurrah and if he fails that's really it for him at the top level) and Juve have such quality in attack too. Plus tactically both coaches are incredibly detailed

Exciting game :)

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think it could be the best match in quite a few years, and I mean that.

Mourinho has to attack and that's the way he's gone now his job is on a shoogly peg (I think its his last hurrah and if he fails that's really it for him at the top level) and Juve have such quality in attack too. Plus tactically both coaches are incredibly detailed

Exciting game :)

Yeah, should be a cracker.

I've nothing against Man U but, as Juve are my 'Italian team", I'm hoping for a win for the Old Lady. :dribble:

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yeah, should be a cracker.

I've nothing against Man U but, as Juve are my 'Italian team", I'm hoping for a win for the Old Lady. :dribble:

Didn't have you down as a glory hunting plastic, Morgan ?

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Didn't have you down as a glory hunting plastic, Morgan ?

:lol: 

No, not a glory hunter Thommo, just always liked Juve since I was a wee boy.

I also like Leeds United, QPR and Espanyol so that's the 'glory hunter' theory blown out the water!!

35 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

No, not a glory hunter Thommo, just always liked Juve since I was a wee boy.

I also like Leeds United, QPR and Espanyol so that's the 'glory hunter' theory blown out the water!!

In fairness Leeds were up there once! Although it does seem to have shifted to a very weird form of masochism based on those choices :lol:

31 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

In fairness Leeds were up there once! Although it does seem to have shifted to a very weird form of masochism based on those choices :lol:

Correct!

I love pain, just love it :oohmatron: