Who else can take points off Celtic..?

Section Q

14 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm sorry but I don't want Hibs to take points off anyone this season.

As a side note, if it came down to the last game of the season, Hearts and Celtic are level on points and goal difference, Hibs v Celtic as their last game. How many do you think Neil Lennon's Hibs would concede?

In that situation I'd want Hibs to take points ?

I'd be quite happy for Hibs to draw all of their games against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen, while stumbling to defeats against bottom 6 sides.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Spellczech

• sairyinthat

I think there 7 or 8 clubs that will all take points of one another. Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren aren’t near the same standard as everyone else. Livi’s home pitch is a leveller for them against better sides. 

I cant see many teams taking points at Celtic Park or Ibrox unless they are extremely brave. There is no point in going there to shut up shop because they will probably score and it’s too late to change it when the momentum is with them.

If you get really physical with either of them they struggle. Press them into playing long balls and don’t let them control the game and you’ve passed the first hurdle.   

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, VivaObua said:

We're awful in Glasgow anyone saying or thinking otherwise is wrong.

But no one has claimed that. Also, it's not the point of the thread.

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

I'd be quite happy for Hibs to draw all of their games against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen, while stumbling to defeats against bottom 6 sides.

Yeah I suppose. 

Would be even more enjoyable to see them get their hopes up by taking a point from they games then crashing back to earth after a Hamilton defeat. All the while helping us.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

This

My point was people were getting all high and mighty and having a pop at other teams against the old firm when we’ve been just as bad.

TBH I’d love Hibs to beat Rangers and Celtic a couple times this year and finish 2nd, finally having a decent season. 

As long as we finished first :jjyay: 

14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think there 7 or 8 clubs that will all take points of one another. Hamilton, Dundee and St Mirren aren’t near the same standard as everyone else. Livi’s home pitch is a leveller for them against better sides. 

I cant see many teams taking points at Celtic Park or Ibrox unless they are extremely brave. There is no point in going there to shut up shop because they will probably score and it’s too late to change it when the momentum is with them.

If you get really physical with either of them they struggle. Press them into playing long balls and don’t let them control the game and you’ve passed the first hurdle.   

Very little scope for doing that at Ibrox and Parkhead though...You'd never even finish the first half with 11 men...

45 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

TBH I’d love Hibs to beat Rangers and Celtic a couple times this year and finish 2nd, finally having a decent season. 

As long as we finished first :jjyay: 

Oooft, imagine how much that would hurt them.  :wub: 

"Big Team, Champions League.

Wee Team, Europa League."

:jjyay:

August Landmesser
On 18/09/2018 at 11:21, redjambo said:

I personally would like to see us win the title by beating either St Mirren or Dundee away.

We're up at Dens on 9th March 2019 - I'd be up for that. Get another title sewn up before the clocks change...

22 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Beg to differ.

Just think if St Mirren can get a point, most teams can. Hibs, Aberdeen, Killie, Motherwell I can all imagine COULD get a draw at home to Celtic. St Johnstone and Livingston less likely, but not outwith the realms of possibility.

Hamilton no chance, Rangers will brick it 4 out of 4 times, and Dundee need taken out the back door and administered a quick and merciful bolt to the skull.

Win Ratios against Old Firm:

Levein (at Hearts)

Celtic P22 W3 WR 14%

Rangers P22 W1 WR 5%

McInnes (at Aberdeen)

Celtic P23 W5 WR 22%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Lennon (at Hibs)

Celtic P5 W2 WR 40%

Rangers P4 W2 WR 50%

Wright (at St Johnstone)

Celtic P19 W2 WR 11%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Clarke (at Kilmarnock)

Celtic P4 W1 WR 25%

Rangers P5 W2 WR 40%

Robinson (at Motherwell)

Celtic P5 W0 WR 0%

Rangers P4 W1 WR 25%

goldiebackwash1985

Teams seem to struggle in all leagues after playing Thursday in the Europa League on the Sunday! So can defo see Kilmarnock take points off Celtic and like wise with St Johnstone and Rangers

2 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Levein (at Hearts)

Celtic P22 W3 WR 14%

Rangers P22 W1 WR 5%

McInnes (at Aberdeen)

Celtic P23 W5 WR 22%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Lennon (at Hibs)

Celtic P5 W2 WR 40%

Rangers P4 W2 WR 50%

Wright (at St Johnstone)

Celtic P19 W2 WR 11%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Clarke (at Kilmarnock)

Celtic P4 W1 WR 25%

Rangers P5 W2 WR 40%

Robinson (at Motherwell)

Celtic P5 W0 WR 0%

Rangers P4 W1 WR 25%

These stats are outdated In Celtics case there has been zero competition for a number of years,Very different this season aging players etc lots of points will be lost I expect half a dozen of the teams to be taking points from them.

I'll tell you who should takes points off them - nobody.

Not when you see figures like these.

https://stv.tv/amp/1431098-celtic-turnover-tops-100m-mark-as-profits-rocket/?__twitter_impression=true

Celtic have announced a substantial rise in profit and turnover in their annual results with their cash reserves more than doubling.

The club has announced turnover has broken through the £100m mark in the year up to June 30, rising by 12.1% to £101.6m.

Profit before tax has risen to £17.3m from £6.9m while year-end cash net of bank borrowings was £36.1m, up from £17.9m.

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Oooft, imagine how much that would hurt them.  :wub: 

"Big Team, Champions League.

Wee Team, Europa League."

:jjyay:

F--- it let's just aim to beat them in a Champions League final.

5-1, naturally. :leveinnaturalorder:

13 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Levein (at Hearts)

Celtic P22 W3 WR 14%

Rangers P22 W1 WR 5%

McInnes (at Aberdeen)

Celtic P23 W5 WR 22%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Lennon (at Hibs)

Celtic P5 W2 WR 40%

Rangers P4 W2 WR 50%

Wright (at St Johnstone)

Celtic P19 W2 WR 11%

Rangers P9 W2 WR 22%

Clarke (at Kilmarnock)

Celtic P4 W1 WR 25%

Rangers P5 W2 WR 40%

Robinson (at Motherwell)

Celtic P5 W0 WR 0%

Rangers P4 W1 WR 25%

Most of Craig games against the old firm were against much stronger old firm teams than the present ones

39 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

Craig’s record against Rangers needs improving.

Including games from 2000-2004 makes the stats a nonsense...Hearts were a different team, Celtic a different beast and Rangers a different club!