• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Spellczech

• sairyinthat

michael_bolton
47 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This. Aberdeen are complete pants against the OF. Probably the team most likely to lose against them, Dundee aside.

Aberdeen have a win and two draws from their last three against the Old Firm.

letsalldothebeattie

The biggest test will be when Celtic and Rangers come off of Europa action and who they face that immediate weekend after. Celtic interestingly have 4 away games immediately following a Europa game 3 of which will be difficult and one potential tricky game. 

Interestingly depending on the league cup we could face Rangers twice before the end of the year and immediately after Europa games.

CELTIC GAMES FOLLOWING EUROPE:

Rosenberg (H) followed by Killie (A)

Salzburg (A) followed by St Johnstone (A)

Leipzig (A) followed by Motherwell (H)*

Leipzig (H) followed by Livingston (A)

Rosenberg (A) followed by St Johnstone (H)**

Salzburg (H) followed by Hibs (A)

RANGERS GAMES FOLLOWING EUROPE:

Villarreal (A) followed by St johnstone (H)

Vienna (H) followed by HEARTS (H)

Moscow (H) followed by Hibs (A)*

Moscow (A) followed by Motherwell (H)

Vilarreal (H) followed by HEARTS (A)**

Vienna (A) followed by Hamilton (H)

Our games they weekends:

Livingston (H)***

Rangers (A)

Dundee (A)*

Kilmarnock (H)***

Rangers (H)**

Livingston (A)***

*League Cup Semi Final Weekend

** League Cup Final Weekend

*** Saturday games

our Saturday games are a massive opportunity to keep putting the points on the board and making Celtic and or Rangers go into games on the Sunday with the knowledge they have to win games and looking at our games against especially Celtic we have winnable games and they have some real tricky games that same weekend 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Celtic will gift Hibs at least 4 points this season.  

This 100%

their love in last season in particular was revolting.

brenda bending over for his cousins 

1 hour ago, billbaberton said:

Defensively Celtic are brutal, and I think Tierney playing centre half for Scotland is maybe getting to him. Boyata coming back is maybe a blessing but can he be bothered trying? 

I'd like to think they will come good, but I genuinely feel that if we are still where we are even by 1 point or a couple behind come the end of November anything can happen. We have depth in our squad and right now not sure where we could strengthen if anywhere.

Why would you like to think Celtic will come good ?

I want them and the others to continue dropping points.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Anyone if they actually put their minds to it. We’ve shown twice now that if you actually go at Celtic they don’t like it and are vulnerable and will lose games. St Mirren showed as well on Friday night with a solid defensive game and a good on the break attack(despite not getting a goal) you can make Celtic uncomfortable. 

If others can do the same this season we can put ourselves in a cracking position. Big test for the Tims on Sunday at Rugby Park 

Is the correct answer. Stand off Celtic and admire them, let them control the middle of the park and they will win. Put pressure on them, stifle them in the middle of the park and all teams have what it take to beat them. Their back 4 is shit awful, there is little in the middle of the park and if you put pressure on these two areas they look a lot worse than very ordinary.

22 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Aberdeen have a win and two draws from their last three against the Old Firm.

One swallow does not a summer make.

michael_bolton
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

One swallow does not a summer make.

Fair enough. Your post does seem pretty strange when you take the facts of the matter into account, however.

They scraped by Hamilton and the Rangers game could have easily been a draw. I reckon one of us, Rangers and Aberdeen will be much closer to them come May.

3 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Fair enough. Your post does seem pretty strange when you take the facts of the matter into account, however.

Not if you consider Aberdeen's results against the OF for a period of more than three games though, especially given their success rate against non-OF teams.

Forget about other teams for a minute, for us to be serious we need to go to both parkhead and Ibrox and take points while taking all 3 points at home in those games

michael_bolton
22 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not if you consider Aberdeen's results against the OF for a period of more than three games though, especially given their success rate against non-OF teams.

"Probably the most likely team to lose against them" hasn't lost to them in three games.

Quite remarkable, I'm sure you'll agree.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Why would you like to think Celtic will come good ?

I want them and the others to continue dropping points.

Figure of speech, I'd love us to win the league and other trophies this season and many other seasons.

A tad fed up of having to aim for 3rd every year, mediocrity isn't something I can accept.

9 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

"Probably the most likely team to lose against them" hasn't lost to them in three games.

Quite remarkable, I'm sure you'll agree.

Last ten games, Aberdeen vs Celtic: W1 L9 F 6 A 22

Last ten games, Aberdeen vs Rangers: W2 D4 L4 F 9 A 16

The facts speak for themselves.

I also consider Aberdeen to be weaker this year than last year. Let's just see how it pans out then get back to me at the end of the season when the stats are in.

michael_bolton
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Last ten games, Aberdeen vs Celtic: W1 L9 F 6 A 22

Last ten games, Aberdeen vs Rangers: W2 D4 L4 F 9 A 16

The facts speak for themselves.

I also consider Aberdeen to be weaker this year than last year. Let's just see how it pans out then get back to me at the end of the season when the stats are in.

How many team have more than one win against Celtic and more than two wins against Rangers in their last ten meetings?

5 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

How many team have more than one win against Celtic and more than two wins against Rangers in their last ten meetings?

I think you have a point but TBH you'd expect a team to have a better record against Rangers than Celtic over last 10 matches or indeed 5 years.

The problem I have with Aberdeen's single win against Celtic is that it suited Celtic (and plesed their fans) for Aberdeen to win that match, and thus deny Rangers any chance of second place last season...

ToadKiller Dog

We have shown a style which gives you a chance of getting a result at home against Celtic, credit to St midden they followed that way and maybe deserved more than a draw. 

As yet Rodgers hasn't worked out away of countering it except rely on his best quality players to show individual brilliance. 

It's to be seen how many sides have the ability to do the same. 

Certainly clubs have a chance to take points until celtic are dumped out of Europe. 

The next big learning curve for us is getting results in Glasgow. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, michael_bolton said:

The win was at celtic to stop rangers finishing 2nd. I was shocked by that result...... 

The draw this season was a game where rangers got a man sent off. 

Given that Aberdeen have been the 2nd best team in the country their record is poor v them. 

8f they were a team that was bouncing about mid table it would be normal but for the second best team for the past 4 years it's gash. 

Anyone in this league can beat Celtic (with the exception of Aberdeen).

When the uglies next to come to Tynecastle, I hope their fans only get one section of the School End. If we keep winning, the demand for tickets from the Hearts support will be there.

rudi must stay

IMO:

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

St Johnstone (well organised hard working team)

Motherwell (at home not away)

Could all potentially take points off Celtic

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

I personally would like to see us win the title by beating either St Mirren or Dundee away.

Need to have it wrapped up before the split, then.

I'd be reasonably content with that...

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

If St Mirreen can then anyone can. It's just a case of catching them on an off day which seems more likely this year. They look to be a bit flat and struggling to raise themselves for 'lesser' games

That’s what I was thinking (maybe apart from Dundee at the moment)

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Celtic will gift Hibs at least 4 points this season.  

Celtic will gift nobody points.they gifted S.Mirren 1 point as a welcome and now cannot afford too lose points to any teams season of toil for them.

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

We need other teams to do the biz against Celtic. Rangers still freeze at the sight of them, so hopefully Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie can get something off them. They dont seem the best prepared squad wise for mid week games in Europe. 

Hibs players will always raise their game against Celtic since they are their feeder club. Their players desperately want to get on their big team's radar and earn a move west.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

The Europa league is a complete blessing for us, they get hammered with games and don't get the financial windfall of the Champions League.

- 2019 -

We win the league.

Get through to the Champions League groups stages.

Sit with £20M+ in the bank laughing like **** :)

That was last nights dream!!

You have sweeter dreams than me

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

IMO:

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

No matter anyway. We're gonna scud them 4 times. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

IMO:

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hibs

December could be interesting. Celtic have to go to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Easter Road. If we can keep going along as we are Celtic might not even be in a position where going out and spending shitloads of money during the transfer window will help them at all. Combined with how poor they are playing you could see on Friday night that Rodgers just doesn't look happy either.

Aberdeen's old firm record getting slaughtered on here...our's is awful! A couple of decent wins here and there but come on we've been terrible in Glasgow for years.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

This is where we find out about Brendan. St mirren were very smart, whenever the celtic keeper/ defence had the ball they all dropped back behind the celtic midfield, leaving their defence unchallenged. The 3 defenders then have 7 outfield team mates to play the ball to, but those 7 are being covered by 10 opposition players. Nightmare to play against. 

Scottish football has found a chink in the armour, it'll be interesting to see if they develop a game plan to counter this. 

Equally we played a high press against them twice now and won both times....

14 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

December could be interesting. Celtic have to go to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Easter Road. If we can keep going along as we are Celtic might not even be in a position where going out and spending shitloads of money during the transfer window will help them at all. Combined with how poor they are playing you could see on Friday night that Rodgers just doesn't look happy either.

Has a team ever really benefited from going out in January and spending big? The odd managerial change can happen then which turns things round re relegation candidates but these as improvements where there is massive scope for improvements. I don't recall many January signings making a difference...Aubameyang came in and scored 13 for Arsenal last season but they still missed the CL spots. We've made a mess of it twice, and last season Levein managed to shore things up a bit but nothing spectacular...

7 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Aberdeen's old firm record getting slaughtered on here...our's is awful! A couple of decent wins here and there but come on we've been terrible in Glasgow for years.

We weren't claiming we were competing with Celtic though - Aberdeen were...

underwaterwoodwelder

Anyone with bottle and a proper game plan , specially a game just before a European game or the game after a European game.

kilie or Hibs has the best chance as they would underestimated them two teams as well.

fth

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

We weren't claiming we were competing with Celtic though - Aberdeen were...

We're awful in Glasgow anyone saying or thinking otherwise is wrong.

5 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Like a long-term pool shark, we've just been lulling them into a false sense of security so we can give them some good hidings this year.

Now away with your negativity.

6 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

We are, but we're better at home. 

I don't believe we need to win in Glasgow, we just need draws or at worst to counter what we achieve at home...

The visit to Ibrox will be interesting. Rangers will try to blow us away early doors as they want Ibrox to be a fortress again. I'd like us to go toe-to-toe with them but then we allowed Motherwell to come at us at Fir Park on Saturday...

I'd like to see us showing no respect to teams away from home. The Andy Webster article last weekend was interesting in this respect - Burley clearly had no fear of anyone in our league and so we usually hammered teams in the first 60 mins. This creates real fear in opposition. The OF have been doing it for years and it is what Rangers did to Dundee last weekend and us to St Mirren previously...

From what little I know of Sean Clare he could be a real weapon on our visits to Glasgow...Rampaging runs on the break seem to be his thing.

26 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Ah but we’ve not been 2nd in the league for the last 5 years or whatever it’s been. Their league placing and lording it up should mean they at least have a go. I’d never bet them to take anything against them.

Our record in Glasgow is stinking but to be fair we’ve been in admin and had a rebuild of a stand and pitch. Even then we’ve done better recently than the sheep in fixtures v Celtic 

Ask any of the erse cheeks who they’d rather play and I’d wager it would be the sheep every day of the week.

Good question.  Of course both Hubs and Aberdeen have better records against Celtic than we do over the last five years.  Anyone at Tynie would say that we only have to be concerned with what we do on the park - and if we keep on winning, who cares  what the others do against Celtic?

I don't wish to overcook things because seasons are long but I think we, on the whole this season, have played better than we did at the start of the Burley season. I genuinely think any team that comes at Celtic has potential. They started the season without any major signings and I think we should be looking to take as many points before they go on a spending spree in January but I think there are at least a handful of teams that could take points from them and I suspect their next tie against Killie won't be a pretty one.

Edited by Highlander
Typo... as usual.

Meh never mind, copied a fixture list for them from now to December the formatting screwed up, nevertheless their schedule for the rest of September and December are particularly brutal.

Hopefully all sides chip away and they succumb to a number of draws.

Edited by Neon

6 minutes ago, korky khaki said:

we are close! we are so close!!

Should we win game 8 then we are looking at 100% for the first quarter of fixtures I feel,mind you we have first to win games 6&7.

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

I personally would like to see us win the title by beating either St Mirren or Dundee away.

Post split sounds go to me. 

Motherwell.  Rangers.  Lennon will lie down.  Sheep shite it against them.  Killie.  Imagine, just imagine in all our wildest dreams we win the league by a point and it was due to their draw with they liedown arseholes from Paisley.  I also think McInness and Lennon will be gone half way through the season.  

BRAVEHEART1874

dont know when the game is but st johnstone for a 0-0 again takes a certain team justand it aint f sevco ;) ask us about falkirk and such pish 

13 hours ago, billbaberton said:

Defensively Celtic are brutal, and I think Tierney playing centre half for Scotland is maybe getting to him. Boyata coming back is maybe a blessing but can he be bothered trying? 

I'd like to think they will come good, but I genuinely feel that if we are still where we are even by 1 point or a couple behind come the end of November anything can happen. We have depth in our squad and right now not sure where we could strengthen if anywhere.

Celtic may well have loads of money to go out and buy a couple of 'stars' but the January transfer window is never easy to get players in.

The good thing is, our team/squad WILL be strengthened around the end of the year with CB's return from injury and Vanacek's arrival, and, the best thing is, it won't cost us a penny! I imagine CL will be speaking to Burnley before too long to get Jimmy Dunne's loan extended to the end of the season too.