August Manager of the month is Craig Levein ( updated )

lou

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shanks said no

• redjambo

• letsalldothebeattie

• kila

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I still haven't received a response from emailing the spfl, a second email is winging its way to Glasgow.

Their website shows no news on the matter and has been updated with 4 new news articles today

- An article on the Europa League for the bigots

- Gus McPherson returning to Liedown

- a reserve round up with a Celtic photo

- a summer signings article with a Rangers picture of Arfield in the Blue room

So that's Rangers and Celtic, Celtic reserves, Celtic and finally Rangers.

That's a terrific spread of Scottish clubs.

Seriously, why does football continue to put up with this?  I suppose it's just resignation that it's never going to change.

2 hours ago, cheetah said:

Who really gives a **** who these ***** think is worthy of awards? 

I know what you mean, but... I think Craig probably would appreciate it. He’s too smart to realise that it means anything in the grand scheme of things, but I reckon he would want his hard work to be recognised.

Apparently this should be announced tomorrow. There can be no credible reason for the delay - would not have happened to either Celtic or Rangers regardless of circumstances. (This is assuming they give it to Levein. Surely they will!) 

I want Levein to get it

A manager only really gets awarded it on the basis of good performances so surely the whole squad would see it as a pat on the back 

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Apparently this should be announced tomorrow. There can be no credible reason for the delay - would not have happened to either Celtic or Rangers regardless of circumstances. (This is assuming they give it to Levein. Surely they will!) 

Well Rangers are in Spain, surely the blazers wouldn't fly their just to give Slippy one, surely not.

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Well Rangers are in Spain, surely the blazers wouldn't fly there just to get  Slipped one by Gerrard , surely not.

Bazzas right boot

If Livingston hasn't been through 8 managers in 5 games I wouldn't be drudge them it. 

But they have, so Craig all day long. 

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If Livingston hasn't been through 8 managers in 5 games I wouldn't be drudge them it. 

But they have, so Craig all day long. 

Livi played 4 games in August. They lost 2 (Celtic away in league, Well at home in cup), drew 1 (Killie at home) and won away to St Mirren. Even if they hadn't changed manager that is hardly manager of the month stuff.

They are on two from two in September, against Hibs and Hamilton both at home. They have us and Rangers still to play this month. Win one of those two and it might be worth a manager of the month for September.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Livi played 4 games in August. They lost 2 (Celtic away in league, Well at home in cup), drew 1 (Killie at home) and won away to St Mirren. Even if they hadn't changed manager that is hardly manager of the month stuff.

They are on two from two in September, against Hibs and Hamilton both at home. They have us and Rangers still to play this month. Win one of those two and it might be worth a manager of the month for September.

Fair point, I forget that it's September. 

Shanks said no
15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I still haven't received a response from emailing the spfl, a second email is winging its way to Glasgow.

Their website shows no news on the matter and has been updated with 4 new news articles today

- An article on the Europa League for the bigots

- Gus McPherson returning to Liedown

- a reserve round up with a Celtic photo

- a summer signings article with a Rangers picture of Arfield in the Blue room

First new news article of the day is up on the spfl website and it’s not OF related! It’s about the Highland derby this weekend.

Still no response to my emails

letsalldothebeattie

Just seen Hearts ? tweet at Sky’s tweet about the Manager of the Month is on Sky sports shortly so kinda figure Craig has won it then

Shanks said no

100% deserved and I finally had a response from the spfl at 1005 today

Thanks for your e-mail.

This will be confirmed today.

Kind regards

David

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sky have confirmed Craig has won it.  Common sense prevails then and no conspiracy. 

You say that but there is still a chance they just couldn't work out some mealy mouthed guff to justify giving it to Gerrard in time. :laugh:

Shanks said no
alt description

Thursday 20th September 2018

LEVEIN VOTED MANAGER OF MONTH

AUGUST AWARD FOR TYNECASTLE BOSS AS HEARTS MAKE A PERFECT START

Heart of Midlothian boss Craig Levein has been voted Ladbrokes Premiership Manager of the Month for August.

The league leaders began the season with a 4-1 win away to Hamilton Accies then beat reigning champions Celtic 1-0 at Tynecastle.

Hearts completed their August fixtures with a 1-0 victory at Kilmarnock and continued their perfect start into September by beating St Mirren and Motherwell.

They are the only SPFL side with a 100% record as they prepare to face Livingston at Tynecastle on Saturday.

From

https://spfl.co.uk/news/levein-voted-manager-of-the-month

On 18/09/2018 at 09:34, Marvin said:

Manager of the month is a poisoned chalice. Living down South I've noticed this in the EPL & Championship. Although every man and his dog knows it should go to CL but do we really want it? 

aye we do - every month to the end of the season ?

3 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

aye we do - every month to the end of the season ?

Spot on.  Robbie won it 4 times during our Championship season, it never had any adverse affect on us.

5 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

100% deserved and I finally had a response from the spfl at 1005 today

Thanks for your e-mail.

This will be confirmed today.

Kind regards

David

Did you actually email the SPFL, twice, about the manager of the month award :cornette: