August Manager of the month is Craig Levein ( updated )

lou

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shanks said no

• redjambo

• letsalldothebeattie

• Beast Boy

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

All of the awards for all of the divisions have been announced except the Premiership. What's the delay for?

Still trying to work out how to justify Gerrard getting as they comittted to him getting the award the day he signed for Deadco

1 minute ago, part_time_jambo said:

All of the awards for all of the divisions have been announced except the Premiership. What's the delay for?

Stevie Gerrard and Brendan have both qualified for the Europa League.  What do we do?

I know give a joint award to them.

Aye but Levein's Hearts are unbeaten in the league and beat Celtic?

SO.

I suspect we have given them a problem that they don't know how to deal with. Bet there is much agonising gnashing of teeth at Hampdump over this. Would not bet against the numpties through there handing it to either Gerrard or darling Brendan.

tartofmidlothian
12 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Think about it............. Levein has been in hospital. 

Maybe they are waiting for a suitable time to do the photo shoot etc. 

But he's back at work. So maybe they're delaying Gerrard's announcement to give his heart time to recover before the shock. :rolleyes:

I doubt Mr. Levein gives a monkey's about any award decreed by those in charge and neither should we. As long as we keep winning, that's all that matters.

Manager of the month is a poisoned chalice. Living down South I've noticed this in the EPL & Championship. Although every man and his dog knows it should go to CL but do we really want it? 

Just waiting for a couple of weeks and will give him August and Septembers in a onner. Saves them having to travel through from Glasgow twice.

That is bizarre. It's the 18th of September. The only non tinfoil hat explanation I can think of is that Craig won it but there's hasn't been a chance to give it to him yet. The tinfoil hat explanation is that those who choose those awards chose Gerrard and there is now meltdown at the SPFL as they decide what to do, both in managing the resulting outcry that there will be from those not associated with Ibrox when the award is announced, and in finding a less biased way of deciding on the awards in the future.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Manager of the month is a poisoned chalice. Living down South I've noticed this in the EPL & Championship. Although every man and his dog knows it should go to CL but do we really want it? 

It is if you make it one. I hear managers saying all the time "that's the curse of manager of the month" I hate that. It is a great achievement to be proud of

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Still trying to cover up the Gerrard name they engraved before the season started

Because he’s naff?  Or because they spelt Slippy wrong?

I would both imagine and hope it's Craigs and the health scare has delayed it and if we win our next couple of games, surely it will be the double but it's the SPFL so nothing would surprise me 

8 hours ago, Marvin said:

True, we always seem to lose after getting one.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I emailed [email protected] at lunchtime, no answer yet but maybe the tone of my message wasn't quite right.

Was it worded

"get your finger out off your @$$ and get the ****ing August manager of the month trophy down to Tynecastle toot sweet" or

"please remove the finger from your bum and deliver to Craig his deserved piece of silver wear. Thank you"

Saying please and thank you can make such a difference to peoples attitude.

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Was it worded

"get your finger out off your @$$ and get the ****ing August manager of the month trophy down to Tynecastle toot sweet" or

"please remove the finger from your bum and deliver to Craig his deserved piece of silver wear. Thank you"

Saying please and thank you can make such a difference to peoples attitude.

More the former with a request for an explanation......

Anyway I have delved back through the SPFL website, here are the dates from last season when they announced the awards

Manager of Year - May 15

March award - April 11

February award - March 9

December award - January 15

November award - December 6*

October award - November 7*

September award - October 12

August award - September 5

* couldn't find news story on SPFL website, so used other sources

So basically there hasn't been an award as late as this last season, wiki page just shows one blank.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

More the former with a request for an explanation......

Anyway I have delved back through the SPFL website, here are the dates from last season when they announced the awards

Manager of Year - May 15

March award - April 11

February award - March 9

December award - January 15

November award - December 6*

October award - November 7*

September award - October 12

August award - September 5

* couldn't find news story on SPFL website, so used other sources

So basically there hasn't been an award as late as this last season, wiki page just shows one blank.

Manager of the month is............

Its certainly not rocket science.

Very strange. Although this is Scottish football so we really shouldn't be surprised.

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

Wee Lenny should win it. I don’t think he’s made a complete arsehole of himself in August. Worth rewarding.

He should get 2. One for each Lenny ;)

Shanks said no

Craig has won it six times before, in December 01 and April 03 with Hearts, in November 06, March 07, October 07 and November 09 with Dundee United.

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Wee Lenny should win it. I don’t think he’s made a complete arsehole of himself in August. Worth rewarding.

He's saving the meltdown for Halloween

WorldChampions1902

This thread will ensure that the announcement gets made tomorrow.

Can I be the first to congratulate Craig Levein. Well-deserved and just the tonic!

Following our amazing run without conceding ... CL was still overlooked. I won’t be surprised if they give it to Livi. 

(I realise only been manager less that a month)

Edited by c41rns

On the small scale of things, this demonstrates dire incompetence or could it be bias.  18 days in they still haven't worked out the manager of the previous month.

Could it be that Stevie and Brendan just can't agree who should get it.

BRAVEHEART1874
14 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Still trying to cover up the Gerrard name they engraved before the season started

as above :rofl:

William H. Bonney

I don't understand why they haven't announced it, even though Levein was in hospital. Simple statement saying award goes to Craig Levein and he will be presented with the trophy in due course. 

CL should obviously win it. You can't overlook a 100% start, the amount of goals scored and a win over last year's champions.

You'd like to think the delay was due to the gaffer being in hospital. Still a bit weird it's been this long.

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Has to be Gerrard, no-brainer

Levein: 12 pts from 4 games, beats the champions

Gerrard: 8 pts from 4 games, is not called Craig Levein

Sounds about right...

Shanks said no

I still haven't received a response from emailing the spfl, a second email is winging its way to Glasgow.

Their website shows no news on the matter and has been updated with 4 new news articles today

- An article on the Europa League for the bigots

- Gus McPherson returning to Liedown

- a reserve round up with a Celtic photo

- a summer signings article with a Rangers picture of Arfield in the Blue room

They’ll give it to someone else as Levein hasn’t been in charge for all the games since the start. Austin took one of them. 

I’m being facetious but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

20 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

They’ll give it to someone else as Levein hasn’t been in charge for all the games since the start. Austin took one of them. 

I’m being facetious but it wouldn’t surprise me. 

wasn't the game austin took charge in september rather than august?