Irony of Celtic fans accusing us of bigotry.....!

Tommy Walker

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

That doesn’t make it right though. I will agree the condemnation on here won’t make one difference to the problem of those singing shite like that. 

And you honestly can’t expect people to confront those singing and expect there to be a reasoned debate. 

I had a Twitter exchange with one of these wee fuds last week. I was reasonably explaining why bigotry and sectarianism has no place around Hearts.

4 times he told me that ''Tynecastle is staunch'', then sent me a video of Hearts fans booing a minutes silence for a dead Pope. 

There is no reasoning with them. I will not go as far as to call them scum, but they are about as ****** stupid as you can imagine.

I'd love to name him, but I wont. He is on here. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Alex Kintner

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Governor Tarkin

37 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hmmm...

You have segregation in education down south.

You have Orange Marches down south.

Commenting on an Orange Football strip is utterly pointless.

Its not pointless

calling it out for what it is makes such things unacceptable

The government lacks bravery

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

I had a Twitter exchange with one of these wee fuds last week. I was reasonably explaining why bigotry and sectarianism has no place around Hearts.

4 times he told me that ''Tynecastle is staunch'', then sent me a video of Hearts fans booing a minutes silence for a dead Pope. 

There is no reasoning with them. I will not go as far as to call them scum, but they are about as ****** stupid as you can imagine.

Name and shame.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Its not pointless

calling it out for what it is makes such things unacceptable

The government lacks bravery

It’s an orange coloured football top. It’s pointless taking someone on over something like that. They’ll turn around and say: ‘It’s a nod to our Dutch players of yesteryear’ like they did back in 2000ish, the last time they had an orange strip. Pick your battles, eh.

Edited by Bez

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Name and shame.

I don't fancy a ban for giving out his Twitter handle.

Would I get away with posting a screen shot? Mods?

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

It’s an orange coloured football top. It’s pointless taking someone on over something like that. They’ll turn around and say: ‘It’s a nod to our Dutch players of yesteryear’ like they did back in 2000ish, the last time they had an orange strip. Pick your battles, eh.

but they don't pick any battles

and until out "leaders" actually set an example then nothing will be done

say what you want about the EPL, it has sanitised its product and flourished

it has rid itself of almost all racism and anti-Semitism

how Scottish football thinks it can market itself to an external audience whilst NOT addressing its bigotry problems is beyond me

we went the opposite way and quite specifically appear to target the bigots as a market.

The SPFL markets the hate as atmosphere.

Go figure.

2 hours ago, lauriesrank said:

To those who say 'confront them' I have, on at least 5 occasions, it isn't sensible at all BTW, Easter road a few years back is the finest example, I told them (about 20 of them) to 'stop your ****ing shite, or **** off to ibrox' whilst they waved their union flags and thought it was funny... end result, police told me I would be getting ejected if I said anymore.. aye that works.

Not about being a keyboard warrior, it is stupid to try and confront 20 guys, OK, I have never had a sore face from it, however, it doesn't mean I haven't been threatened, that includes after the game too, I am by no means a 'big lad' either, I just do it as I see it, it really makes no sense however to go and confront these idiots, but since I have mental health issues I have no problem in doing it, others however are actually sensible and can see it is futile.

You're a brave man confronting a gang of them. No single one will lay a hand on you but the mob mentality gives them cajones. I suggest if you do take issue with them, do it without swearing. PC Plod will not be able to take the easy option then...

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

All I care about is what's happening on the pitch - which is why this distraction shouldn't be taking place. Songs should be about Hearts being strong, winning and leading the league. If the 'singers' don't understand that this is an unwelcome and inappropriate distraction, then it should be brought to their attention. Yes, it's great that we can get under the skin of every other team in the league; best of all that it's the reigning champions. However, we ought to be doing that by the simple (and wonderful) fact of being 5 points clear of them - not by giving them a 'sectarian' stick to wave at us. Leave that shite to them and their bluenosed frenemies.

If you and your goon buddies don't like Catholics, why don't they go along to any one of a number of Catholic churches on a Sunday and sing their songs directly at their targets?

Your self-importance speaks volumes. You can't speak for the "majority" nor for "normal" Hearts supporters; just the ones you know and with whom you interact. If you lay down with dogs and all that...

And, a personal request: please never, never start a sentence with '"Myself". The word is "I". "Myself" is just ugly.

I know the OP personally and this is bang out of order.

• Moderators

Please avoid turning this into a flag debate. If someone attempts to start a flag debate, don't respond or you'll be removed from the thread as well.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Hun doesn't mean protestant

Fenian also does not mean Catholic, but the association to the "troubles " is there.

there is no link at all between the term "Hun" and any religion/ war/battle/ political movement at all involving Northern Ireland.

I am now so utterly sick of the whole sectarian blight that I reckon we should use Brexit to get rid of Northern Ireland entirely- just give it to Europe

I know exactly what the dictionary definitions of  Fenian and Hun are.  However certain groups like to attach different meanings to the names depending on their agenda.

I just think using either term opens you up to accusations of being a twisted little bigot.  Best to avoid both.:cool:

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I don't fancy a ban for giving out his Twitter handle.

Would I get away with posting a screen shot? Mods?

You are quite right.

14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

but they don't pick any battles

and until out "leaders" actually set an example then nothing will be done

say what you want about the EPL, it has sanitised its product and flourished

it has rid itself of almost all racism and anti-Semitism

how Scottish football thinks it can market itself to an external audience whilst NOT addressing its bigotry problems is beyond me

we went the opposite way and quite specifically appear to target the bigots as a market.

The SPFL markets the hate as atmosphere.

Go figure.

Not sure how any of that it in opposition to what I said though. I agree that we need to do something about it. Going after a club for choosing a particular colour of strip ain’t the answer though.

Governor Tarkin
49 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

I had a Twitter exchange with one of these wee fuds last week. 

For God's sake, man, what were you thinking?

No good has ever come of any of that.

5 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Who really cares? It’s 10/15 max singing. The fact that it’s being brought up by Celtic fans just shows how much our performances are getting to them. The day we start to bother what that lot are saying about us is the day we should give up. 

Long may it continue. 

:spoton:

Why do we care what they think.

21 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I know exactly what the dictionary definitions of  Fenian and Hun are.  However certain groups like to attach different meanings to the names depending on their agenda.

I just think using either term opens you up to accusations of being a twisted little bigot.  Best to avoid both.:cool:

I think its the hilarity of expecting fans to confront mobs of bigots

I remember being on the underground in Glasgow one night when Rangers were playing and the hundreds of fans starting all kinds of poison.

I was such a coward I didn't immediately start calling out the thousands of drunken men for their bigotry.

Appalled at the 3 PC's on the platform who also didn't immediately arrest all of them.

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I don't want songs sung in my name about being up to our knees in Fenian blood or disparaging Jews, ******* and Darkies  or anyone for that matter.

I am well aware of what supporters of Celtic sing and believe me they are as despicable as anyone. IRA, murdering scum in my eyes. As are the USA in my eyes.

However I don't support Celtic or Sevco so at this moment in time can't do alot about how they behave.

A Freudian slip John or do you really hate Americans as well?  ;) 

5 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Lifetime bans following this I hope. 

I won’t have the club’s good name sullied like this. You can see the players and manager are disgusted as well, going by their comments. Disgraceful getting behind the team like that.

Nobody's is saying the fans didn't give the team great vocal encouragement at fir park during the game. 

Only issues were a wee mob filming themselves and posting 'sectarian' singing from the exit stairs at Motherwell.  I never witnessed this but did witness over a hundred hearts fans singing songs about people who had died of cancer i.e. Scott Brown's sister and Tommy burns on a train between Motherwell and Bellshill after the game.

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feck Celtic!  

And our bigots. 

This is quite clearly the right response. Club can do very little about Celtic but they can do something about the bigots in our support. 

I think appropriate action would be naming, shaming and banning of some of them and then the next home game against Celtic publically calling out their support as overwhelmingly bigoted. Game will be on TV so a couple of accompanying clips would conclusively prove that. Same for Sevco as well. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more threads like this imo.

Would go for years bud, lets be honest, where do you start, finish, anyway who is this sun crayon pusher, just another one that does

not like us , one of many media clowns.

Im sure Heart of Midlothian will get this sorted, we seem to get everything else right at the moment.

6 hours ago, jambo_ said:

daft wee kids will be daft wee kids ... vast majority probably dont even understand what their ****ing singing about

Just about what I was going to say.

They just mouth the words and, as you say, probably have no idea what they are actually singing about.

I would suspect that if you interviewed a cross-section of the crowd at Ibrox the scenario would be very similar.

”Aye, ma auld man/big brother/pals sing it, so ah sing it too’ :facepalm:

Fly the Saltire
7 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

It was in the stadium. And on the way to the stadium and on the train home.

Up to the knees sang in pub before the game. Unfortunately there is a core of Ulster Loyalist flag waving bigots , including the drummer, that blight all away games. Albeit there are only a couple of dozen hard core with a few hangers on but no one including me is prepared to tackle them and suggest they go to Ibrox instead..

The folk singing in that video wont even have hairs on their baws yet. 

Uneducated bairns.

Having said that, I had no idea that Hearts history involved defending the protestant faith against the relentless march of the fenion against our sovereign queen.  Who would have thunk it eh?

Were Hearts also involved in the wee dutch bloke on the white horse that fought that battle in Ireland over 300 years ago?

MaskedMarauder
1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Should be naming and shaming all of them that actively take part and think bigotry is funny. I wouldn’t want my kids to grow up hearing some of the things that come out of their mouth or seeing the stuff that they post on social media.

Worst bit is aswell is that they genuinely think they are being hard men and some sort of comedians by supporting these horrible songs and calling other Hearts supporters “snowflakes”. Absolute idiots who need to grow up. 

51 minutes ago, graygo said:

A Freudian slip John or do you really hate Americans as well?  ;) 

Predictive text error. It should of course read UDA.

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The folk singing in that video wont even have hairs on their baws yet. 

Uneducated bairns.

Having said that, I had no idea that Hearts history involved defending the protestant faith against the relentless march of the fenion against our sovereign queen.  Who would have thunk it eh?

Were Hearts also involved in the wee dutch bloke on the white horse that fought that battle in Ireland over 300 years ago?

Irony being his biggest allie being that fella in Rome with the big hat who gets carried around on a chair because he drinks creme de menthe by the pint. As he thought Catholic King  Louis the XIV of France was getting to big for his boots.

23 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Should be naming and shaming all of them that actively take part and think bigotry is funny. I wouldn’t want my kids to grow up hearing some of the things that come out of their mouth or seeing the stuff that they post on social media.

Worst bit is aswell is that they genuinely think they are being hard men and some sort of comedians by supporting these horrible songs and calling other Hearts supporters “snowflakes”. Absolute idiots who need to grow up. 

? Agree with his.

As a teenager growing up in the 70s I stood in the shed and belted out the chants of the day along with my fellow jambos.  I knew no better.  'No Surrender' was my password even after I had graduated from Uni.  By today's standards I would be called a sectarian bigot as that is how I was brought up. 

Anyway, that was then and this is now.  There is no place in our society, never mind at football matches, for religious or racist bigotry.  Such acts should not be tolerated by our club and those offending should be named and shamed.

Edited by Tasavallan

5 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I can't wrap my head around singing a sectarian song at a football game.

You must be pretty ****ing stupid to do so.

You've got that right!

But it's happening in Scotland, in the 21st century, and the people doing it think they're being clever.  Ignorant beyond words.

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Predictive text error. It should of course read UDA.

I hate the predictive texting on my iPhone. Especially as it is American English spelling/grammar.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

I hate the predictive texting on my iPhone. Especially as it is American English spelling/grammar.

That's two of us.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Nobody's is saying the fans didn't give the team great vocal encouragement at fir park during the game. 

Only issues were a wee mob filming themselves and posting 'sectarian' singing from the exit stairs at Motherwell.  I never witnessed this but did witness over a hundred hearts fans singing songs about people who had died of cancer i.e. Scott Brown's sister and Tommy burns on a train between Motherwell and Bellshill after the game.

If you were in the train you were obviously within proximity..............did you express your disgust? 

Didnt think so 

Just now, red said:

If you were in the train you were obviously within proximity..............did you express your disgust? 

Didnt think so 

No you can't reason with idiots particularly if there are only  two of you and 100 of them it is a non starter unless you are Bruce Lee (ask year dad).

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Which bit?

Well personally I found this paragraph of your post the most out of order;

“If you and your goon buddies don't like Catholics, why don't they go along to any one of a number of Catholic churches on a Sunday and sing their songs directly at their targets?

At no point in either of my posts did I state agreement with the song or those singing it. It’s slanderous for you to even suggest that and associate me with these people. 

In your efforts to be offended you have made yourself look like a bit of a tit. Although with such a high post count I’d be surprised if this is the first time you’ve done that ?

As someone who was educated at a catholic school and who has attended a lot more Catholic Church ceremonies than any other, it is not really in my interests to dislike their people. Don’t let that get in the way of your crusade though!

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

No you can't reason with idiots particularly if there are only  two of you and 100 of them it is a non starter unless you are Bruce Lee (ask year dad).

:laugh:

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

In your efforts to be offended you have made yourself look like a bit of a tit. Although with such a high post count I’d be surprised if this is the first time you’ve done that ?

:lol:

Thats actually quite funny. I've yet to see Mr Knightley offended by anything on Kickback and he's probably one of the most level headed and even handed posters on here. 

It's nice to see one of the good guys getting some virtual mud slung at them too.

41 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Well personally I found this paragraph of your post the most out of order;

“If you and your goon buddies don't like Catholics, why don't they go along to any one of a number of Catholic churches on a Sunday and sing their songs directly at their targets?

At no point in either of my posts did I state agreement with the song or those singing it. It’s slanderous for you to even suggest that and associate me with these people. 

As someone who was educated at a catholic school and who has attended a lot more Catholic Church ceremonies than any other, it is not really in my interests to dislike their people. Don’t let that get in the way of your crusade though!

I apologise for making 2+2=5, even though it seems that we can both get caught up in that.

1. I'm not 'offended' - I'm just mystified that folk will tolerate that kind of behaviour when it's manifestly giving a bad view of our club, albeit among a small group who go out looking for deflection from their own behaviour.

2. A high post count only suggests I'm old - maybe others could decide whether I'm made a disproportionate tit of myself. I sometimes try to.

3. I'm on no crusade here; just commenting on a discussion forum. If these young goons (who are friends of neither of us, it would seem) take arms against Catholics, I may don my chainmail and grab my helmet.

Phew! At least I'm not finding myself apologising for my observations on your grammar. You must have gone to a different RC school to me or, if not, standards have slipped.

22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

Thats actually quite funny. I've yet to see Mr Knightley offended by anything on Kickback and he's probably one of the most level headed and even handed posters on here. 

It's nice to see one of the good guys getting some virtual mud slung at them too.

:DI bet you laughed when wee Jimmy Krankie fell off the pantomime tree.

queensferryjambo

**** Celtic fans and their 'holier than thou' attitudes. Their fans are bigoted trouble making yobs.

**** Hearts fan bigots and hooligans they are total arseholes trying to drag our club into the stone age.

We are top of the league with 100% league record and have done well in the League Cup. We should all be talking rabidly about this.

Instead thanks to a small pile of absolute fuds in our support the hot topics on this forum are smashing seats at Motherwell and sectarian singing.

HHGH 

FTH

Skinny Milinkovic
8 hours ago, frasermck11 said:

Who really cares? It’s 10/15 max singing. The fact that it’s being brought up by Celtic fans just shows how much our performances are getting to them. The day we start to bother what that lot are saying about us is the day we should give up. 

Long may it continue. 

I care. Bunch of halfwits singing about things they are too stupid to understand, and too stupid to realise that they have absolutely zero connection with. Any sectarianism (however little) should be stamped out our club, and anyone who disagrees is quite frankly a moron. 

4 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I’m not seeking to condone that. It’s indefensible.

This group of young lads have galvanised our away support, and the players and gaffer are loving it. They’ve changed our support from being the most boring in the league to getting back where belong.

Some on JKB can’t handle their boring middle-age, middle class tedium being shattered.

I’m loving it.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

**** Celtic fans and their 'holier than thou' attitudes. Their fans are bigoted trouble making yobs.

This

**** Hearts fan bigots and hooligans they are total arseholes trying to drag our club into the stone age.

This, although technically, wouldn't it be the Stuart era rather than stone age?

We are top of the league with 100% league record and have done well in the League Cup. We should all be talking rabidly about this.

This

Instead thanks to a small pile of absolute fuds in our support the hot topics on this forum are smashing seats at Motherwell and sectarian singing.

This

HHGH 

FTH

And very much this. With an FTOF lobbed in for good measure.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
6 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Ask him if he believes in God.

23 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’m not seeking to condone that. It’s indefensible.

This group of young lads have galvanised our away support, and the players and gaffer are loving it. They’ve changed our support from being the most boring in the league to getting back where belong.

Some on JKB can’t handle their boring middle-age, middle class tedium being shattered.

I’m loving it.

Utter drivel. :rofl:

The atmosphere on Saturday was fantastic and by far the biggest factor in creating that is our start to the season and the connection between the players and fans.

Edited by Frank1874

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The Catholic God or the Protestant one?

Funnily enough, God is neither Roman Catholic (Catholic is an inaccurate description of that institution) nor Protestant.

The sectarian bile from both sides is an abomination in His eyes!