Irony of Celtic fans accusing us of bigotry.....!

Tommy Walker

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Alex Kintner

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Governor Tarkin

Every club has their neds.

Why give them the attention they want?

It's up to the police to deal with them if they have committed a crime. Not much the club can do if they don't sing their scumbag songs in the stadium.

Салатные палочки

I take it this guy attends a lot of games at Tynecastle given he mentions this is a "constant feature" at home.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Every club has their neds.

Why give them the attention they want?

It's up to the police to deal with them if they have committed a crime. Not much the club can do if they don't sing their scumbag songs in the stadium.

It was in the stadium. And on the way to the stadium and on the train home.

It suits the cellic agenda to tar the entire Hearts support with their sectarian accusations.

Unfortunately one or two silly wee laddies are giving them the opportunity.

There is no-one worse other than racellic and their bigoted neighbours for promoting this form of tribalism in the Scottish game.

Suits their business model.

Edited by Busby8

36 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

It was in the stadium. And on the way to the stadium and on the train home.

Obviously not in our stadium. How could our club be expected to deal with that? Surely it's a matter for the local police to deal with.

Who really cares? It’s 10/15 max singing. The fact that it’s being brought up by Celtic fans just shows how much our performances are getting to them. The day we start to bother what that lot are saying about us is the day we should give up. 

Long may it continue. 

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Obviously not in our stadium. How could our club be expected to deal with that? Surely it's a matter for the local police to deal with.

It would be better if the club took some ownership on the issue, Inspector Clouseau could track these clowns down. 

22 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Identify and issue a stadium ban.

No place in our stands for bigoted arseholes.

It's not really a problem at Tynecastle. The club can handle any problems at home games.

We have no control over how individuals behave at away games in or out of the ground.

The Police and security staff are not doing their jobs imo.

People know they can behave how they like because they are not being challenged.

I use newsnow.co.uk as a news feed and this was on there from "On Video Celts" today. Sounds like they're starting to feel a bit rattled...???

"Douglas Walker of The Scottish Sun has tried to play down the anti-catholic songs sung by Hearts supporters after their 1-0 win over Motherwell.

A large number of Hearts fans share the song book enjoyed by Ibrox fans with a hatred for Catholics and Irish the focal point for their ‘support’.

That mentality was highlighted in 2011 when John Wilson attacked Neil Lennon in the dug-out at Tynecastle before being led away by the police to the cheers of the home support.

Ann Budge likes to portray Hearts as a family club but has did little to root out the sectarian element who are a constant feature of their support at home and away.

Sectarian issues are often portrayed as a West of Scotland problem but it’s clear that the attitudes found and supported by the authorities in Lanarkshire, Ayrshire and Renfrewshire don’t suddenly die out at the Lothians or on some mystery point along the M8."

Edited by Section Q

We definately need to sort this problem, however, celtic fans are not entitled to an opinion. One of the most political and bigoted gootball clubs on earth. Its at the very foundation of everything they are 

15 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Who really cares? It’s 10/15 max singing. The fact that it’s being brought up by Celtic fans just shows how much our performances are getting to them. The day we start to bother what that lot are saying about us is the day we should give up. 

Long may it continue. 

I care. I don't want my club to be associated with these scumbags. I don't want our youngest supporters exposed to sectarianism and hate.

There were a group of around 30 or 40 under the stand singing the Billy Boys song and generally making arseholes of themselves before the game, the police were doing nothing of course.

We need to get these twats out of our club and along the M8 where they belong. They will not be missed,  I hope Ann Budge and her team are on to it, there seems to be plenty of photos going around to identify them.

Oh, and long may it continue you say. Maybe you'd like to  follow them to Ibrox

Edited by upgotheheads

Yes we have a problem within our support.  Is it on the same scale as the two uglies? No

I am sure the club will act accordingly after the vandalism caused at Fir Park and will try to weed out the sectarianism

We will become more and more scrutinised by the media while we sit at the summit, its what they do when the OF come under threat.

HHGH

It's certainly not a 'large' number but I have noticed an increase in bigot songs creeping in particularly around the pubs pre match in Gorgie.  There's a crowd from Queensferry who have started drinking in Bensons.  They think it's appropriate (and a laugh) to sing FTP and war songs about the Luftwaffe.   Let's leave bigotry to the 'home' of Scottish football.   

I like the Hello song, it’s a rousing football song and gets the crowd on its feet. However, I’m not religious or bigoted so refrain from any of the naughty bits. But, if it’s going to be used as a stick to beat us with or even faintly used to compare us with either of the arse cheeks, we need to stop it. We’re better than this, better at many levels than them and if we want to continue to hold the moral high ground, retaining our reputation as a forward thinking family team, we need to break away from this crap and never, ever give the west coast press the opportunity to compare us with them.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I care. I don't want my club to be associated with these scumbags. I don't want our youngest supporters exposed to sectarianism and hate.

There were a group of around 30 or 40 under the stand singing the Billy Boys song and generally making arseholes of themselves before the game, the police were doing nothing of course.

We need to get these twats out of our club and along the M8 where they belong. They will not be missed,  I hope Ann Budge and her team are on to it, there seems to be plenty of photos going around to identify them.

Oh, and long may it continue you say. Maybe you'd like to  follow them to Ibrox

Why didn't you take bull by horns and confront them rather than calling people scum bags online ?

Its a side issue but this was picked up by some non sports journalist last night on twitter.

Apparently Edinburgh is just as bad as Glasgow re sectarianism. 

These neds are just giving the West Coast media and authorities a stick to hit us with.

The real question is how to you tackle it? I have no idea. At Tynecastle we have (yes obviously there is still incidents).  They think its cool and funny. The more we say its not the bigger the thrill they get doing it. 

What annoys me is when challenged (I've tried a couple of times) you get abuse and told you don't know the history and traditions of our club. No if you sing that nonsense you clearly don't know the history of our club.

19 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Long may it continue. 

I care.

If fans can stop racism, then they can stop sectarianism.

Sadly the government don't really want to stamp out sectarianism and have no interest in doing so,  but will quite happily continue to tut at football clubs.

Selkirkhmfc1874

I've been going to hearts games 44 years and these songs always been sung by some ! I'm a Catholic myself as is my family but as a say it's always been there 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Barack said:

A policeman won't confront 30-40 people in a crowd. Don't see why a civilian should have to potentially put themselves in harms way, mate. 

I have no opinion on his vernacular.

Your right but that being case why come on a fans forum calling people scum bags when wouldn't do it to there face 

We shouldn’t be bothered with what Celtic do.

Our answer can’t be, yous do it too. Or you’s are louder.

we need to stamp it out. There is no need for it. It’s like a poison, that sadly can spread rapidly.

additional policing/stewarding with the strict instructions that any unsavoury songs results in ejection. - got to be the same for away support aswell

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I couldn't comment. 

If he was built like Uche, for example, people would listen.

Maybe Uche could sort it all 

As a say in all my years following hearts these songs have been sung and it's always going to be there for some in my opinion 

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Why didn't you take bull by horns and confront them rather than calling people scum bags online ?

Erm, because its not often a great idea as a middle aged out of shape man to confront a gang ( and that's what they are) of wound up dickheads, who may also be drunk.

Such wayward bravery in public could easily end up with you getting your head kicked in

Likelihood of being listened to by said bell ends= slim

Likelihood of receiving loads of abuse/a doing = high

It would be madness to confront a group of boozed up lads who 'are up to their knees' in anyone's blood.  I wouldn't unless I had decent backup behind me.

The only 'mob' with any clout at a football stadium or train station around the time of a match are the police. They seem reluctant to deal with this and just want it to pass off with as little aggro as possible.

Can we as fans do anything about it? It would 100% start trouble. 

Anyone old enough to remember the casuals getting it tight from the shed in the 80s?  

Italian Lambretta

If Anne Budge wants to root out sectarianism at Tynecastle she can start with banning the Terrorist loving drummer that sits in the away end

4 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

We shouldn’t be bothered with what Celtic do.

Our answer can’t be, yous do it too. Or you’s are louder.

we need to stamp it out. There is no need for it. It’s like a poison, that sadly can spread rapidly.

additional policing/stewarding with the strict instructions that any unsavoury songs results in ejection. - got to be the same for away support aswell

Agree. If the same strict rule is applied to all fans then the erse cheeks will suffer much more than the rest of us. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Erm, because its not often a great idea as a middle aged out of shape man to confront a gang ( and that's what they are) of wound up dickheads, who may also be drunk.

Such wayward bravery in public could easily end up with you getting your head kicked in

Likelihood of being listened to by said bell ends= slim

Likelihood of receiving loads of abuse/a doing = high

So just be brave and do it online hiding behind a keyboard 

2 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

That's easy to do within our support cause its usually only a small number that sing the songs. But when Celtic and rangers take thousands to pretty much all away games and they are all singing are they really going to start throwing them all out? Doubt it. And thats where the problem lies. They get away with it so people in our support think they will get away with it.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If Anne Budge wants to root out sectarianism at Tynecastle she can start with banning the Terrorist loving drummer that sits in the away end

Ann.

And yes, it matters.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We have a minority we’re as Celtic is the majority.

Spot on, and it needs to be addressed by the club for both home and away supporters. We have made great inroads over the last couple of decades , however I cannot see it being eradicated if we allow in particular both the OF fans being allowed to sing whatever they want without any action being taken 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not saying its brave

I don't see discussing bigotry on a hearts forum as anything TBH beyond concerned people discussing something.

I've also made comments about Donald Trump but haven't burned down his hotel

Sectarianism should be viewed with the same severity as racism.

Only in Scotland we don't seem to think so

That wee girl was removed from the big brother house for her Loyalist twitter posts

Its a Scottish disease

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What a ridiculous statement, they are scum. So let me get this straight you are supposedly a Catholic in your 50s or 60s who is having a go at fans criticising them but rather than criticise them you go after fans complaining. Old groomer alert! 

Edited by Jodami

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think you're getting wound up by the wrong bit of this issue, Selkirk.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Not saying its brave

I don't see discussing bigotry on a hearts forum as anything TBH beyond concerned people discussing something.

I've also made comments about Donald Trump but haven't burned down his hotel

Sectarianism should be viewed with the same severity as racism.

Only in Scotland we don't seem to think so

That wee girl was removed from the big brother house for her Loyalist twitter posts

Its a Scottish disease

As a say I'm a Catholic myself as is my family but a always remember my grandad telling me our support always signed these songs and also my dad aswell so it's always been there 

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

I couldn't comment. 

If he was built like Uche, for example, people would listen.

Maybe Uche could sort it all out...

If there’s one guy who can win us the league whilst simultaneously sorting out our sectarianism issue, it’s Uche. #inuchewetrust

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

What a ridiculous statement, they are scum. So let me get this straight you are supposedly a Catholic in your 50s or 60s who is having a go at fans criticising them but rather than criticise them you go after fans complaining. Old groomer alert! 

No I'm 49 years old and in all my years supporting hearts these songs have been sung , all I'm saying is why if anybody feels so strongly don't they confront the lads 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As a say in all my years following hearts these songs have been sung and it's always going to be there for some in my opinion 

That doesn’t make it right though. I will agree the condemnation on here won’t make one difference to the problem of those singing shite like that. 

And you honestly can’t expect people to confront those singing and expect there to be a reasoned debate.