Livingston Dot Count

scott herbertson

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Maybe we could build a couple of say perspex walls dividing the old school end into sections. For example,  1 each between the first 2 sections and after the second section nearest the main stand so livi, saints could have one section and eg Aberdeen could have two without covering large swathes of seats with a tarpaulin.

I would envisage quite a low wall so it would restrict movement but not effect sight lines by giving more restricted view seats.

Good idea though not sure what the spec/ cost would be 

Best to me is we sell enough tickets to consistently reduce all opposition teams to M and move the barrier in the concourse. and just one barrier as you describe but permanent

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• mainstandjambo

Shanks said no
25 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Sorry if I sounded patronising (reading back my post) - i did think you meant that, and i agree that's what we should be looking to do. Unfortunately the behaviour in one game a few years back (D Utd IIRC) has made that more difficult

It was Dun Utd, evening game between Xmas and NY. Boozed up united fans who were even taking liberties in Bensons prematch until Cathy stepped in.

No offence taken.

I’m going to be buying a number of tickets for friends for the ST Johnstone game on the 29th. Any idea when Section K (centre section) will likely become available? Club not selling ‘K’ at the moment. 

36 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It was Dun Utd, evening game between Xmas and NY. Boozed up united fans who were even taking liberties in Bensons prematch until Cathy stepped in.

No offence taken.

Nobody takes liberties with Cath 

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I’m going to be buying a number of tickets for friends for the ST Johnstone game on the 29th. Any idea when Section K (centre section) will likely become available? Club not selling ‘K’ at the moment. 

I think it opened late on the Wednesday before the St Mirren game if I'm not mistaken. We may well find it opens a day or so earlier for this weekend's game as we're ahead on sales, so I would expect the same for the St Johnstone game - midweek-ish.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think it opened late on the Wednesday before the St Mirren game if I'm not mistaken. We may well find it opens a day or so earlier for this weekend's game as we're ahead on sales, so I would expect the same for the St Johnstone game - midweek-ish.

I think if we win well on Saturday the rush to buy for the St Johnstone game will be so great that K opens on Monday

Edited by scott herbertson

No reason why The Rangers can't have the same allocation as St Mirren had a couple of weeks ago.

They would still be getting 700+ tickets which is a much higher percentage of capacity than we get at Ibrox.

29 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I think if we win well on Saturday the rush to buy for the St Johnstone game will be so great that K opens on Monday

Hoping so!

letsalldothebeattie

Would be great to see this sold out. Massive momentum for the team and the more we can sell out Tynie will be beneficial for the team. Make Tynie a real fortress on and off the pitch 

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

The year 852 (DCCCLII)

A Viking fleet of 350 vessels enters the Thames Estuary before turning north, and engages the Mercian forces under King Beorhtwulf. The Mercians are defeated, and retreat to their settlements. The Vikings then turn south and cross the river somewhere in Surrey; there they are slaughtered by a West Saxon army, led by King Æthelwulf and his son Aethelbald, at Oak Field (Aclea)

Southern softies. 

1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Thanks. Any heads up when this happens would be appreciated ???

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Thanks. Any heads up when this happens would be appreciated ???

Probably when the Roseburn goes down below 250 I would think

Shanks said no

Year 720

• In the Chinese capital of Chang'an, the walls of a gated city wardcollapse during the night, which unexpectedly forms a large pool out in the open. This is most likely caused by a sinkhole created when ground water eroded the limestone bedrockbeneath. As a consequence of this, more than 500 homes are destroyed (approximate date).

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

No , but we have to have it - the police wouldn't allow there to be no segregation - so it has to be done

We could get it down to just one section of the Roseburn (M) - and we would then have half of L with a gap -  if we sell enough tickets but I think that would likely come in another couple of matches if we keep this run going

That's how it was against St Liedown a couple of weeks ago!  Not that there were many fans actually in L!

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

No reason why The Rangers can't have the same allocation as St Mirren had a couple of weeks ago.

They would still be getting 700+ tickets which is a much higher percentage of capacity than we get at Ibrox.

The only way we'd do that is if we can sell out the other three stands by mid October.

Pretty likely that we could then fill at least two sections of the Roseburn.

Edited by Rudolf

scott herbertson
29 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's how it was against St Liedown a couple of weeks ago!  Not that there were many fans actually in L!

Yes, you're right. But that was a bit last minute. If we sell out k and get half of L for Livi, and win on Saturday  then I think they would open up K and then L much quicker this time

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Heads up: the Rangers home game, currently scheduled for December 1st, could quite easily be off as its the weekend of the League Cup Final. Unless it is then rearranged for the week before Christmas it won’t be played until the end of January when some what crazily we would then have 3 consecutive midweek fixtures at Tynecastle. 

29 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes, you're right. But that was a bit last minute. If we sell out k and get half of L for Livi, and win on Saturday  then I think they would open up K and then L much quicker this time

Indeed. I sometimes wonder if sales are actually being slowed down by some folk waiting for K to be opened before buying.

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Indeed. I sometimes wonder if sales are actually being slowed down by some folk waiting for K to be opened before buying.

You might just be onto something there......

Ronald Villiers
58 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My mate and his family are doing exactly that.  

A couple folk I’m taking are going for the first time and Section K shows off our beautiful stadium at its best, imo. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

A couple folk I’m taking are going for the first time and Section K shows off our beautiful stadium at its best, imo. 

?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Exactly. They’ll see 3 stands full of joyous Hearts fans. 

38 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Exactly. They’ll see 3 stands full of joyous Hearts fans. 

And will be sitting on the faded seats, so won't see them either. 

?

mainstandjambo

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   111

Gorgie          -     50

Main             -     31

Roseburn     -   459

Total             -   651

3 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest count

Wheatfield   -   111

Gorgie          -     50

Main             -     31

Roseburn     -   459

Total             -   651

:)  3 sold since you're count!

Hackney Hearts

This will be our record crowd for a match against Livingston.

Previous best was 16,583 in December 2005. Rudi scored twice in a 2-1 win.

22 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Apparently Fang's daughter, **** Yoo, was quite a girl

Posted **** Yoo but was edited automatically 

mainstandjambo

Count at 10.00 pm

Wheatfield   -   105

Gorgie          -     50

Main             -     24

Roseburn    -    420

Total            -   599.

372 of the seats left are in Section H. Hopefully K will be opened for sales on Wednesday. 

Shanks said no

Year 599

Byzantine Empire
Emperor Maurice refuses to pay ransom for 12,000 Byzantine soldiers taken prisoner by the Avars. Their leader Bayan I orders the execution of the prisoners, and slaughters them all. His failure to buy back the captives destroys Maurice's popularity with the Byzantine troops in the Balkan Peninsula.

Well, was he surprised?

It's not for me to direct other people's actions but I would hope with our current squad and league position, this game will be a complete sell-out.

I'm sure all our players can read and hear and i think it would mean a lot to them on the training ground knowing that they will be enjoying 100% support.

Speaking for myself, if I was able to go the names of players I'd be really looking forward to seeing is too long to list here.  We haven't had it this good for a very long time.

10 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Year 599

Byzantine Empire
Emperor Maurice refuses to pay ransom for 12,000 Byzantine soldiers taken prisoner by the Avars. Their leader Bayan I orders the execution of the prisoners, and slaughters them all. His failure to buy back the captives destroys Maurice's popularity with the Byzantine troops in the Balkan Peninsula.

Well, was he surprised?

...but the MSM were quick to jump on the The Byzantine international empire bandwagon and all past misdemeanours were quickly swept under the carpet. 

Byzantine II kept all of the past glories of the Byzantine empire and all non payment of debts was forgotten and blamed on a kafflick comspiracy if ever mentioned.

43 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

...but the MSM were quick to jump on the The Byzantine international empire bandwagon and all past misdemeanours were quickly swept under the carpet. 

Byzantine II kept all of the past glories of the Byzantine empire and all non payment of debts was forgotten and blamed on a kafflick comspiracy if ever mentioned.

I seem to remember reading at the time that Romanov stole the pensions from the widows of the soldiers 

Shanks said no

Year 549

• Totila conquers the city of Perugia(Central Italy) and stations a Gothicgarrison. He takes bishop Herculanusprisoner, and orders him to be completely flayed. The Ostrogoth soldier asked to perform this gruesome execution shows pity, and decapitates Herculanus before the skin on every part of his body is removed.[1]

Does anyone know if they are likely to open up section K of the Roseburn stand?

Seems to be a lack of £20-22 tickets left and only £28-32 tickets available.

scott herbertson
49 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Does anyone know if they are likely to open up section K of the Roseburn stand?

Seems to be a lack of £20-22 tickets left and only £28-32 tickets available.

They will certainly open it - my guess would be tomorrow morning