The point of sub sections

AlimOzturk

So we have sub sections in the terrace such as the guilt lounge where rumours are meant to go and a transfer talk section but everything pretty much goes onto the terrace. 

I honestly don't see the point in having them if they aren't going to be utilised. I check the transfer talk section from time to time but it is rarely posted. 

I don't no if I would prefer that they be utilised properly or not but i think it is about breaking habit for most posters and to be properly moderated if so. 

On the terrace they are, as you say, completely pointless. Only one I pay attention to on the shed is console talk which tbf is quite well used and keeps a nice wee divider going

Edit: just noticed it's the only one. The rest are pinned megathreads

Edited by Thommo414

What I hate is that everytime I go on JKB using my phone, there is a delay connecting fully to the page.  This means that everytime I click 'the shed' with my finger it jumps as I click and without fail I always click on 'console talk' by accident.  I hate gaming so much, have no interest in even spending a split millisecond of my life on that board.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Guilt Lounge? Is this a room to confess at ask for forgiveness? 

:gok:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Some of the stickies too have had no replies for 10 years .

If a stickie has not been touched in ten years it’s time to admit defeat :oohmatron:

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What I hate is that everytime I go on JKB using my phone, there is a delay connecting fully to the page.  This means that everytime I click 'the shed' with my finger it jumps as I click and without fail I always click on 'console talk' by accident.  I hate gaming so much, have no interest in even spending a split millisecond of my life on that board.

This. And other people's profile. No people, I'm not checking your profile, it's accidental. 

38 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

This. And other people's profile. No people, I'm not checking your profile, it's accidental. 

Happens to me all the time, suppose I'm just too keen to get on and rant

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

So we have sub sections in the terrace such as the guilt lounge where rumours are meant to go and a transfer talk section but everything pretty much goes onto the terrace. 

I honestly don't see the point in having them if they aren't going to be utilised. I check the transfer talk section from time to time but it is rarely posted. 

I don't no if I would prefer that they be utilised properly or not but i think it is about breaking habit for most posters and to be properly moderated if so. 

I agree. A sub section for anything football related apart from Hearts would be a better idea

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Yip, I do that a lot. Folk will think i'm creeping ha.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The shed needs a political sub forum. 

Although it clearly has a place on here, to me having it would detract away from what this forum is at the emd of the day and that is a Hearts forum.

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Although it clearly has a place on here, to me having it would detract away from what this forum is at the emd of the day and that is a Hearts forum.

Aye, but it might stop balloons like me annoying everybody. I'm not bad on other subjects, but a fascist on indy.