• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• 1874KRM

• Clerry Jambo

• kimosavi

45 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

His valuation might go up or they might tell us to bolt the nearer it gets to the window closing. People forgetting that they will need a replacement?

It’s true that they may try and play those games, but if it’s all concluded in the next 48 hours they still have time to get a replacement and they will have done some work already to prepare.

Do you know for certain that they have not signed other strikers? He’s leaving to come to us in Jan anyway so they may have already brought players in.

5 minutes ago, BigC said:

It’s true that they may try and play those games, but if it’s all concluded in the next 48 hours they still have time to get a replacement and they will have done some work already to prepare.

Do you know for certain that they have not signed other strikers? He’s leaving to come to us in Jan anyway so they may have already brought players in.

Fair play, was just puting it out there as it might not be as easy as folk on here are making out. 

I’ve not seen us linked to Shankland but I’m all for it.

I put money on him to score v Dundee as it was an absolute stick on after they had a bid rejected for him! 

He went to Aberdeen a bit too early and wasn’t ready. By all accounts he is now very much ready for the step up. 

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, red said:

What a pointless thread 

This thread has more to grab my attention than half the ones I've seen recently, four players maybe coming in what's not to like about speculating who they might be.

3 hours ago, sim said:

What about taking Kenny Miller on as player-coach!?

Not a bad back-up option and if he's wanting to move into management, then this could be a good place to learn before doing it (rather than just thinking management is something that can just be done)

Wish the Kenny Miller shite would go away.

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Teplice have made 3 signings this window so far. 2 wingers and a centre back. They have 2 other strikers apart from Vanecek. Lost their last 2 games to nil and are 12th out of 16 teams, which is roughly where they usually finish. Vanecek appears to be the only saleable asset they have. Looks like they play one up front and Vanecek is their only real source of goals.

I think we'll find we've been quoted a price which isn't worth it to us for 4months work but which Teplice aren't moving on. We either find the money and pay the inflated price for him for that 4 months, or we wait until January. I don't think Teplice are moving on the price and they really appear to need this guy for a while longer to keep them out of trouble.

Edited by Escobar PHM

29 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Teplice have made 3 signings this window so far. 2 wingers and a centre back. They have 2 other strikers apart from Vanecek. Lost their last 2 games to nil and are 12th out of 16 teams, which is roughly where they usually finish. Vanecek appears to be the only saleable asset they have. Looks like they play one up front and Vanecek is their only real source of goals.

I think we'll find we've been quoted a price which isn't worth it to us for 4months work but which Teplice aren't moving on. We either find the money and pay the inflated price for him for that 4 months, or we wait until January. I don't think Teplice are moving on the price and they really appear to need this guy for a while longer to keep them out of trouble.

Give them one more chance and, if no go, then we should get in a loan signing until the end of the year.  We can't afford to mess around until the last minute of deadline day.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Give them one more chance and, if no go, then we should get in a loan signing until the end of the year.  We can't afford to mess around until the last minute of deadline day.

Its in our hands not to cause ourselves a shortage up front. Either don't sell Lafferty, or sell Lafferty and pay the fee they need for Vanecek.(this assumes they don't move the goalposts and all they need is a phone call and a bank transfer) Not sure we would be able to get someone as good as either on a 4 month loan.

Edited by Escobar PHM

The Old Tolbooth

Just do a straight swap with Lafferty going to Teplice, and Vanecek coming our way, that would really piss the weegies off :D 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Just do a straight swap with Lafferty going to Teplice, and Vanecek coming our way, that would really piss the weegies off :D 

So give Lafferty to a club he'd never agree to in the first place and get nothing for him ?

I know who that would piss off and it wouldnt be weegies.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

So give Lafferty to a club he'd never agree to in the first place and get nothing for him ?

I know who that would piss off and it wouldnt be weegies.

It was tongue in cheek, I didn't think I'd need to explain that :facepalm:

1 hour ago, dellboy1971 said:

Vanacek

And

Shankland

if lafferty goes 

Wallace 

and

another CENTER BACK 

Why do u want Wallace.

4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Obviously we need a centre half, and we'll get Vanecek in early if Lafferty leaves. Centre half needs to be reasonable quality so that might put everything else on the back burner.

I say 1 coming in 2 if Lafferty goes. and that's us done.

Why? I think were still short but i think it will depend on ppl moving on

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Cool. Good info.

I guess they could have their own replacement in mind that and that would mitigate things a little.

Does sound like they kinda need him and may play hardball though!

Guess we just have to trust CL!

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Ryan Jarman said:

John Terry

Robert Huth

Sébasson Bassong 

Alenander Hleb

Christian Vieiri

Eidur Gudjohnson 

Korean World Cup star

Darren Potter

46 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Its in our hands not to cause ourselves a shortage up front. Either don't sell Lafferty, or sell Lafferty and pay the fee they need for Vanecek.(this assumes they don't move the goalposts and all they need is a phone call and a bank transfer) Not sure we would be able to get someone as good as either on a 4 month loan.

I'm not sure it is in our hands.  We have a judgment to make which is that if we did decide to keep KL what would be his attitude.  To me there seems little doubt he would like to be a Sevco player and if his attitude is in the least negative we will have boobed by keeping him.  It might be difficult to get in a loanee who'd be as good but we will never know until we try.  We tend to think of loanees as young untried players but there might be decent players who missed a window transfer and would like to keep ticking over at a good level until the next window and their clubs might be willing to loan them out to save at least a fraction of their wage and not have malcontents hanging around their dressing-room

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ain't no way we'll sign four more players

If we ship out one or two more then it could happen. I expect two at least. 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This thread has more to grab my attention than half the ones I've seen recently, four players maybe coming in what's not to like about speculating who they might be.

4 players coming in is a rumour the OP has heard somewhere (god knows where) 

then we have 2 pages of folk guessing on a rumour? 

This place is nuttier than a squirrels breakfast at times! 

Edited by red

45 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Chiellini, on loan

Mitchell on loan

Eden Hazard straight swap for Callachan

Vanecek in from Teplice 

Heard it was Callaghan straight swap for Kante so we can stick Haring back to centre back. Hazard worried about lack of game time with Naismith around. Overheard an ex player shouting about it in Greggs, so must be true !!

Jamboscanbevicius

The 4 mentioned by the OP is obviously an informed guess, but you can see how logic could get to that number.

I suspect it will be less, and I don't think another 4 more bodies is necessary desirable in terms of assimilating and bonding with what we have, BUT...

We do definitely need to replace:

- Berra (at least until Jan)

- Lafferty (if he is going)

It would also be nice to have:

- Mitchell if we can persuade him to come back

- and possibly an additional CB for cover, allowing Haring to stay in midfield

I don't actually think outgoings will impact on these plans too much  apart from the Vanacek situation, but would be good to see Callachan, Martin (yeah, right), and Amankwaa heading out. Plus one or two more loans out.

48 minutes ago, red said:

Discussing who we would like to get in, based on players we’ve been linked with is a fairly normal topic for a football forum.

Regardless of whether the OP’s rumour is true or not, four players coming in is not an unrealistic number considering we have sent a few on loan, Lafferty is likely to go and we are light at CH due to Berra’s injury. We may also get rid of 1-2 others like Callachan/Martin which would free a wage. 

I would suggest nitpicking about the way the conversation started is more to the detriment of the quality of the discussion than the framing of the question, which has led to some good conversation.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ain't no way we'll sign four more players

See, that there is one o they Double negatives..... so what you really mean is Yes, 4 Players will be signed    ?

1 hour ago, red said:

The Lafferty thread....as explained above

Why do people want Wallace back? Has been playing lower league football for most of last five years, hasn’t played for nearly a year, disruptive influence in dressing room at a Ibrox, had off-field issues first time round with us. Why would anyone want him  back? 

Think there is a swap deal involving Callachan to be done plus cash for someone. Depends whether we sell Lafferty though.

We're not going to sign Wallace & Mitchell, then we'd have 4 players for one position. It'll be one or the other, preferably Mitchell x infinity. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Never heard this rumour.

Read the op. ?

Scott Allan been mentioned yet? 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

There were rumours of a signing on the level of Naismith that would be close to the deadline if we could pull it off ( I know, :oohmatron:)

Seems to have gone quiet lately though.

52 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Where are we getting the money to sign another 4 players? Surely at least one or two have to be moved out first?

Lafferty is the highest paid player at the club and his reported wages of £4-5k plus a transfer fee of over £500k would cover a good chunk of wages until the end of the season for someone else, and at that point we can get rid of others. 

Assuming he doesn’t go then I would only expect 1-2 more in but if he does at least we have a bit more flexibility. 

2 minutes ago, BigC said:

Lafferty is the highest paid player at the club and his reported wages of £4-5k plus a transfer fee of over £500k would cover a good chunk of wages until the end of the season for someone else, and at that point we can get rid of others. 

Assuming he doesn’t go then I would only expect 1-2 more in but if he does at least we have a bit more flexibility. 

Cowie just left too.

TyphoonJambo

sorry wrong thread

Edited by TypoonJambo

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Where are we getting the money to sign another 4 players? Surely at least one or two have to be moved out first?

Mysterious benefactor??

:verysmug:

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The longer the Demi saga goes on the more I believe he ain't coming back to us.

Hope I'm wrong.

The longer the Demi saga goes on the more I believe he is coming back to us. All the UK leagues are under way now so I'd imagine if anyone from Championship down in England wanted him on loan it would have happened by now.