4 players this week

Jammy T

So rumour has it we have 4 players coming in this week possibly dependent on Lafferty leaving. 

Bit it of fun - who might they be?

To be honest if of the 4 two were:

Vanacek

Mitchell

I’d be delighted....

I do wonder if we will take Wallace back as cover but more with left side CB role in mind.

I also wonder if there is another Hun we are interested in as part of the Lafferty deal? A proper makeweight - somebody worth something.

Edited by Jammy T

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• 1874KRM

• Clerry Jambo

• rudi must stay

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

So rumour has it we have 4 players coming in this week possibly dependent on Lafferty leaving. 

Vanacek

Mitchell

I’d be delighted....

I do wonder if we will take Wallace back as cover but more with left side CB role in mind.

I also wonder if there is another Hun we are interested in as part of the Lafferty deal? A proper makeweight - somebody worth something.

Where exactly did this rumour come from??

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Vanacek

Mitchell

I’d be delighted....

Have you just started the rumour? ?

5 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Vanacek

Mitchell

I’d be delighted....

I wouldn’t take any of that Rankers team. 

drumie jambo
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wouldn’t take any of that Rankers team. 

I would. Morelos for £150,000,curly wurly and a sherbet dip........

12 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

I would. Morelos for £150,000,curly wurly and a sherbet dip........

We could offer them a little bit of history, seeing as the rangers don't have any of their own.

Considering levein has stated he wants 2 new CB now, the czech lad when laff leaves theres 3 already. Still need a winger with pace as Mulraney hasn't done anything of note upto date 

There's your 4 

What about taking Kenny Miller on as player-coach!?

Not a bad back-up option and if he's wanting to move into management, then this could be a good place to learn before doing it (rather than just thinking management is something that can just be done)

Never Let Them Forget
1 minute ago, sim said:

Not a bad back-up option and if he's wanting to move into management, then this could be a good place to learn before doing it (rather than just thinking management is something that can just be done)

Are you serious? I would rather pump my maw!

3 hours ago, red said:

What a pointless thread 

There’s as much point to this as there is to the 133 page thread reacting to daily record articles which have turned out to be rubbish time and time again, to be fair.

5 minutes ago, sim said:

:notsure:

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Trust me. You would love it. I did.:whistling:

27 minutes ago, haj said:

There’s as much point to this as there is to the 133 page thread reacting to daily record articles which have turned out to be rubbish time and time again, to be fair.

Not really as we are openly and actively looking for / working on getting in players (plural)

Alex Kintner

Would love us to get Mitchell back but without the caveat he must play at left back. Would love to see him playing on the wing ripping the SPL apart

Obviously we need a centre half, and we'll get Vanecek in early if Lafferty leaves. Centre half needs to be reasonable quality so that might put everything else on the back burner.

I say 1 coming in 2 if Lafferty goes. and that's us done.

Jamboscanbevicius
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Mitchell,Vanecek,Macauley and Dunne.

That would be a very good bit of business if we managed that!

1 hour ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

I would rather pump your maw tae.  It’s a no from me.

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Considering levein has stated he wants 2 new CB now, the czech lad when laff leaves theres 3 already. Still need a winger with pace as Mulraney hasn't done anything of note upto date 

There's your 4 

I agree we need a wide player with pace, but we also need to make better use of Uche than on Saturday. He is a strong running player not a hold-in player, with his back to goal easy to find for defenders. I hope this is not seen as his role.

If Lafferty goes you’d imagine Varecec would come in, Wallace would be part of the deal, the young defender Jimmy Dunne we’ve been linked with would be the third, plus one other...

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, BigC said:

If Lafferty goes you’d imagine Varecec would come in, Wallace would be part of the deal, the young defender Jimmy Dunne we’ve been linked with would be the third, plus one other...

I'm sure the club woild want Vanecek, however his club could play hard ball and want him to stay

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think we are still holding hopes of getting Mitchell and any part of agreement on Wallace would depend upon Demi. Just a hunch.

We definitely need 2 wide players, cover at centre back. These are things we could struggle with through the season if not addressed.

Any more movement out? A window with little ITK and more WFG

12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I'm sure the club woild want Vanecek, however his club could play hard ball and want him to stay

I get the feeling that we were close to getting him last month, but the offer was a little bit short of what his club wanted.

I would expect that Levein is holding out for a certain amount in the Lafferty deal to ensure he has enough to meet their valuation. He’s only got 4 months on his contract so it shouldn’t be a huge amount! 

5 minutes ago, BigC said:

I get the feeling that we were close to getting him last month, but the offer was a little bit short of what his club wanted.

I would expect that Levein is holding out for a certain amount in the Lafferty deal to ensure he has enough to meet their valuation. He’s only got 4 months on his contract so it shouldn’t be a huge amount! 

His valuation might go up or they might tell us to bolt the nearer it gets to the window closing. People forgetting that they will need a replacement?

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we are still holding hopes of getting Mitchell and any part of agreement on Wallace would depend upon Demi. Just a hunch.

We definitely need 2 wide players, cover at centre back. These are things we could struggle with through the season if not addressed.

Any more movement out? A window with little ITK and more WFG

We better hope Jose keeps his job for a couple more weeks if we want Demi.

any new manager going in there will want to see all his players first.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

We better hope Jose keeps his job for a couple more weeks if we want Demi.

any new manager going in there will want to see all his players first.

2nd half just about saves him for a week more.

Not sure on the EPL rules, are they allowed to take someone into the squad after the initial declaration of the 25?

Just a hunch, despite the fairly negative vibes towards a return, always maintained we have been fairly public about the desire to get him back in. Also a bit strange to me he didn't end up at a couple of rumoured destinations. If Wallace was to turn up, I think that would kill off that one for good.

Interesting 11 days ahead, its inevitable for me Lafferty will go, Rangers are off to a good start and have maximised revenue streams thus far, we just need to hold out, I feel its certain they will meet our asking price, problem we have is being able to use that cash, which is why there should be a deadline from ourselves preferably Thursday by midnight.

A CB or two is a certainty because Hughes is ancient and can't last an hour of high intensity football.

Vanecek will come in when Lafferty is sold to The Rangers 2012 (RIP).

we definitely need a left sided wide man, Mitchell would be perfect but I'm not sure if that's a goer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

KLAXON

There's a word we haven't used for a while

Expecting one? Replaced by George Clooney rather perturbingly

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Expecting one? Replaced by George Clooney rather perturbingly

Not expecting Sir

Demanding more like it

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

2nd half just about saves him for a week more.

Not sure on the EPL rules, are they allowed to take someone into the squad after the initial declaration of the 25?

Just a hunch, despite the fairly negative vibes towards a return, always maintained we have been fairly public about the desire to get him back in. Also a bit strange to me he didn't end up at a couple of rumoured destinations. If Wallace was to turn up, I think that would kill off that one for good.

Interesting 11 days ahead, its inevitable for me Lafferty will go, Rangers are off to a good start and have maximised revenue streams thus far, we just need to hold out, I feel its certain they will meet our asking price, problem we have is being able to use that cash, which is why there should be a deadline from ourselves preferably Thursday by midnight.

I’m still hopeful of Mitchell even if Wallace comes in tbh.

youre bang on about a deadline though.

we should tell them if no deal by say the 26th then we won’t negotiate anymore this window.