Bozanic

upgotheheads

upgotheheads

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but we were much better second half yesterday.

Haring looked good when he dropped back, but I thought Bozanic was excellent playing in Haring's first half position.

I've not really seen much of him since he signed,  but the second half formation yesterday could be a pointer to the future.

comradejambo

Hope you are right. However so far am yet to see anything to make me think he’s anything more than mediocre. Hope to be proven wrong!

Edited by comradejambo

allystrachan

Thought every pass just went back to where it came from. Square or backwards. Not greatly impressed so far. Hope he settles down & gets better though. 

I'm amazed we have the depth to keep an Aussie international on the bench! I know he's only got a handful of caps, but nonetheless its hugely impressive. Haring has been phenomenal since he came in so its no wonder.

Edited by OTT

Jambof3tornado
50 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

The entire team was doing that as they had nowhere to go due to Dunfermline pressing really tight and no movement off the ball. 

A really frustrating match, delighted we won. 

Nail on the head with the movement off the ball comment. Dunfy closed us quickly but we didnt make it very hard for them.

I am in the still to be convinced. Not seen anything yet from him that has impressed me.  

Made a bad error yesterday and we were lucky they didn’t score from it.

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Thought every pass just went back to where it came from. Square or backwards. Not greatly impressed so far. Hope he settles down & gets better though. 

This was my take on him. Yet to be convinced. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm amazed we have the depth to keep an Aussie international on the bench! I know he's only got a handful of caps, but nonetheless its hugely impressive. Haring has been phenomenal since he came in so its no wonder.

we don't have depth at all (certainly not enough to say it is highly impressive)- the bench is still populated by youngsters and Bozanic hasn't shown enough in training obviously to get a start.. Haring was defo bought as  a CH and he plays in midfield because Djoum is out and to some extent Cochrane, too. When Hughes gets injured we have to move Haring to CH.

Hasn’t done anything outstanding yet. Hasn’t had a bomb scare yet either. Tidy, if unexciting player so far. Jury is out on him for me.

if you do the player ratings threads and you’ve only got 10 players rated and you can’t think who else was playing, it’ll be Bozanic.

Edited by Escobar PHM

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

I wasn't impressed tbh and it was between him and Mclean for worst player on the park. 

"Mclean for worst player on the park". ....you must be kidding?. 

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

we don't have depth at all (certainly not enough to say it is highly impressive)- the bench is still populated by youngsters and Bozanic hasn't shown enough in training obviously to get a start.. Haring was defo bought as  a CH and he plays in midfield because Djoum is out and to some extent Cochrane, too. When Hughes gets injured we have to move Haring to CH.

If go by the official site we've got Boz, Lee, Djoum, Cochrane, McDonald*, Edwards (Callachan) (Martin) 

Then also we've got to include Haring and Naismith can play there too.

*I think he's a CM but have a nagging feeling he's a left mid?

() not fancied/ been told to leave

Anyway, I think thats pretty good depth. I hate to compare it to last season because comparing anything to that would be an improvement :D but nonetheless for a first time in a long time I'm looking at our midfield and not really seeing where we could improve massively.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Haring has been impressive  up until  yesterday.  He wasn't the only one below par yesterday  but he was way below the level he'd set in previous  game's. 

I've got a feeling he'll be moved back to defence  as soon as Cochrane and djoum are back up and running 

Jambosteve1902
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

I wasn't impressed tbh and it was between him and Mclean for worst player on the park. 

this annoyed me a little bit, cause im sorry but Uche was bloody dreadful, McLean was atleast coming short getting involved trying to give us an outlet uche has awful touch after awful touch got bullied quite frankly off the centre halfs and McLean got all the hatred was quite frustrating at the match also to be fair. 

From watching him over the years here in Oz...he is certainly a player who comes across unexciting. However, former national coach (Ange) always had him around for the passing ability and breaking up play...sort of player where you notice the difference when he’s not playing, rather than flashy stUff when he is. Haring better to have definitely, but Bozanic is very intelligent and certainly worth having on the bench.

57 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

this annoyed me a little bit, cause im sorry but Uche was bloody dreadful, McLean was atleast coming short getting involved trying to give us an outlet uche has awful touch after awful touch got bullied quite frankly off the centre halfs and McLean got all the hatred was quite frustrating at the match also to be fair. 

Never bad if we play poorly but still win! We’ll have quite a few of these games.

Average player who doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. Not sure why we've signed him based on what he's shown so far.

5 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Mclean was so deep he was beside Lee and naismith or seemed to be missing, uche got left to do everything upfront. Maybe if uche had Mclean up with him he wouldn't have always had 2-3 defenders on him. The whole team apart from Bobby were pish. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Mclean was so deep he was beside Lee and naismith or seemed to be missing, uche got left to do everything upfront. Maybe if uche had Mclean up with him he wouldn't have always had 2-3 defenders on him. The whole team apart from Bobby were pish. 

You do realise there was a reason Maclean was so deep aye? Maybe something to do with how Dunfermline were forcing us to play.

A couple of snippets from the weekend that I just can't fathom...

1 that Maclean had a stinker

And 2 that Haring had a good game. He was terrible. Easily his worst game for us. 

Bozanic coming on steadied the midfield. Neat and tidy and kept possession ticking over.

Really feel we and most other teams drop off mentally when playing lower league teams. When will we learn its a scrap.

Didn't see a player ratings thread v Pars but for me Bozanic is a decent squad player with hopefully more to come as he gets used to our game. It always amazes me how people see performances differently, MacLean was very poor imo. and all around us were  surprised it wasn't him subbed when KL came on

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Didn't see a player ratings thread v Pars but for me Bozanic is a decent squad player with hopefully more to come as he gets used to our game. It always amazes me how people see performances differently, MacLean was very poor imo. and all around us were  surprised it wasn't him subbed when KL came on

Not Stevies best day, but he was working very hard to try and pull Dunfermlines defence out of position. Uche had to come off, he was stinking on Saturday.

10 hours ago, Wilson said:

"Mclean for worst player on the park". ....you must be kidding?. 

He was hopeless mate. Lost count of the amount of passes he gave straight to opposition because he never looked up.

Happy with the win though.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You do realise there was a reason Maclean was so deep aye? Maybe something to do with how Dunfermline were forcing us to play.

A couple of snippets from the weekend that I just can't fathom...

1 that Maclean had a stinker

And 2 that Haring had a good game. He was terrible. Easily his worst game for us. 

Bozanic coming on steadied the midfield. Neat and tidy and kept possession ticking over.

Both Haring and Maclean had a bad day.

So Make Some Noise..

Bozanic was very tenacious against Celtic when he came on and I couldnt help but think he'll pick up a lot of yellows this season. Against Dunfermline his pass and move into space approach really helped us and it was really encouraging to see that side of his game. Could be a big player this year.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, OTT said:

We usually have Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland ( both ranked higher than OZ) internationals on the bench or out on loan, remember the Nigerian International we had? It’s not a good way of judging players, Berra/Naismith/Cowie and Watt used to play for Scotland for example.

Not seen enough of him to make a judgement but it won’t be made on half a game against a mid table championship side.

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Both Haring and Maclean had a bad day.

I agree a bad day, but mostly because he had to come so deep to get the ball and ended up playing a role that was alien to him.

9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He's good; once he settles he'll get goals given the chance

Doesn't seem that type of player at all to me.

Can see him being used as cover when required but Lee, Djoum, Haring, Naismith and probably Cochrane will be ahead of him for centre midfield positions.

15 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Spot on.

I thought his introduction made the difference in the second half.  I don't see him as a starter but good to have on the bench or if Lee gets injured.

Still though few games in and he has not scored a worldy yet so I am expecting the usual KB chat to arrive about him not being good enough etc.

I will judge him personally over the season. I seen a similar thread last season about Milinkovic and he was being written off as a dud by some.

I think we moved the ball too slowly in the first half and Bozanic improved that in the second half and looked more up for the physical side of things. None of our midfield pass the ball better than Harry and once he is fully fit and Djoum is back we will have a lot of competition in midfield. Shame at present there isn't the same at full back, winger and now centre half.

He needs time to adapt to the pace I think but will come good. That said, he'll need to click quite quickly because Djoum and Cochrane will be back soon.

Don't think he's used to the physicality or the tempo here. It's harder for midfielders. I don't think Olly Lee is used to it yet either and he too will improve although he's done well so far.

7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I agree a bad day, but mostly because he had to come so deep to get the ball and ended up playing a role that was alien to him.

Both players can play in different positions and should handle that. Maclean was very ineffective and Haring ordinary at best. By all accounts the team is still gelling. Great result under the circumstances. Always great to see goals from midfielders.