• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• i8hibsh

• The White Cockade

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After years (read decades, centuries) of repression, LGBT folks are now being able to live more freely and express themselves like never before. They're not running the show, the tail is not wagging the dog, they're just spreading their wings after being in a society-imposed cage. And because much of this freedom is relatively quite recent (gay marriage, gay adoption, transgender rights etc.) and not complete (there is still gay discrimination in the streets, for example), some will flap their wings more brightly and more loudly than others. It is great to see, a sign that we are on the road to becoming a more equal and less discriminatory society.

16 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

I once had a good dance in The Village in Soho . . 

We knew that just from your username ... (soz, but a jokes and joke)

doctor jambo

Pretty convinced that there is no issue......

apart from the fact the west is coming out of its MIddle-eastern-religion driven suppression of LGBT as normality.

"we" are finally getting rid of 2 thousand years of stupidity

but the remnants of that primitive civilisation continue to rail against Womens rights and LGBT rights

( don't think its much co-incidence that its the same folks railing against feminism AND LGBT)

If it was good enough for Achilles and the Spartans then whats the worry?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I tend to look at it the other way. If you think their voice is too loud, imagine how depressing and demoralising it must have been to have no voice at all?

Francis Albert
59 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Pretty convinced that there is no issue......

apart from the fact the west is coming out of its MIddle-eastern-religion driven suppression of LGBT as normality.

"we" are finally getting rid of 2 thousand years of stupidity

but the remnants of that primitive civilisation continue to rail against Womens rights and LGBT rights

( don't think its much co-incidence that its the same folks railing against feminism AND LGBT)

If it was good enough for Achilles and the Spartans then whats the worry?

Fair enough but a 1400 year old superstition which is if anything (certainly today) rather stronger than Christianity in not just railing against, but actively and brutally suppressing women's and LBGT rights is prospering and growing in formerly (if lately only nominally) Christian countries, fiercely defended by some of those most vehement about women's and LBGT rights.

And of course  much of what was good enough for the ancient Greeks would be called paedophilia today.

Edited by Francis Albert

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough but a 1400 year old superstition which is if anything (certainly today) rather stronger than Christianity in not just railing against, but actively and brutally suppressing women's and LBGT rights is prospering and growing in formerly (if lately only nominally) Christian countries, fiercely defended by some of those most vehement about women's and LBGT rights.

And of course  much of what was good enough for the ancient Greeks would be called paedophilia today.

Cool post, bro.

512x512bb.jpg

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

True, but to be honest I don't use any religion as a barometer to measure tolerance, except in an inverse relationship

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

True, but to be honest I don't use any religion as a barometer to measure tolerance, except in an inverse relationship

Generally speaking, religions are there to control societies, and controlling sexuality and sexual behaviour have always been at the top of their agendas.

But this isn't about religion.  This is about the OP having a go at LGBT people because he wants "their wings clipped" - whatever on Earth that means.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Generally speaking, religions are there to control societies, and controlling sexuality and sexual behaviour have always been at the top of their agendas.

But this isn't about religion.  This is about the OP having a go at LGBT people because he wants "their wings clipped" - whatever on Earth that means.

It means "yay" for political freedom and bashing anyone who is vocal against his views

And "nay" for sexual freedom and bashing anyone who is vocal against his views

Freud would probably deduce that deep down he is a gay unionist

Is the old grump who started this aware that 90% of the LGBT community dont actually give a **** about any of this, and are actually getting a bit sick of people celebrating Pride and the whole SJW Tmblr community?  

Probably not. 

As for not giving primary school children sex education....jesus christ. Kids are being exposed to sexual images earlier and earlier. If you want them not to be educated in these matters then you clearly need to spend some time with primary school aged children to see the kinds of things they discuss. They are super aware and to not educate them would be an absolute disgrace. 

This thread is hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Is the old grump who started this aware that 90% of the LGBT community dont actually give a **** about any of this, and are actually getting a bit sick of people celebrating Pride and the whole SJW Tmblr community?  

Probably not. 

As for not giving primary school children sex education....jesus christ. Kids are being exposed to sexual images earlier and earlier. If you want them not to be educated in these matters then you clearly need to spend some time with primary school aged children to see the kinds of things they discuss. They are super aware and to not educate them would be an absolute disgrace. 

I am not sure the thread  starter can really be called an "old grump" I always suspected Ri was more a part of the younger group. I on the other hand am full of pride at being a part of the OGB. Old Grump Brigade.?

16 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I am not sure the thread  starter can really be called an "old grump" I always suspected Ri was more a part of the younger group. I on the other hand am full of pride at being a part of the OGB. Old Grump Brigade.?

He comes across as a very old and resentful poster in a lot of threads. Maybe thats just his demeanor. 

Tbf Bob, you're no very grumpy. I did enjoy the anecdote about trying to catch homosexual behaviour tho ?

The White Cockade
3 hours ago, The Brow said:

Probably not. 

you are correct with your last sentence for sure

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You don't mean?....

s-l300.jpg

Nice flag - reminds me of 

IMG_2360.JPG.45284c78c7035abde0cee9046a05ddf2.JPG

Always thought George was a bit Beirut and as for that bear, parades around naked all day and puts shorts and a top on to play sport.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Always thought George was a bit Beirut and as for that bear, parades around naked all day and puts shorts and a top on to play sport.

Preferred Tisn'twasn't.

AlphonseCapone
On 19/08/2018 at 19:53, chuck berrys hairline said:

Last month was dire imo every company sticking a rainbow flag beside their logo. Seems everywhere you turn these days gayness is getting rammed down your throat!

In a joking sense: :ruiner:

In a serious sense: what harm do rainbow flags beside logos do? It's mad what annoys folk. 

On 19/08/2018 at 22:59, obua said:

I’m I the only person who thinks we are teaching kids to be gay.lessons in primary school telling them be any sex you want.sorry I know it’s not a choice but more and more kids are being pushed into making a choice when really they are what they are.

I really really hope you are because it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here. 

J.T.F.Robertson
10 hours ago, The Brow said:

Probably not. 

The LGBT community aren't the only ones who don't give a feck, I'm utterly bored with all this bullshit. Be what you want to be (within reason) who gives a shite?

We're a complete feck-up any way you look at it. :toasting:

On 19/08/2018 at 21:09, tian447 said:

This has already happened - it happens a lot, but the latest has been with the new Batwoman Series:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45166592

The problem is not with the LGBT society.  The problem entirely exists within the SJW (Social Justice Warrior) "Tumblr" society.  Nothing is good enough for them because it's either racist/sexist/misogynist/transphobic/homophobic.  Select and delete as appropriate - feel free to pick multiple instances.

The problem is that any ill informed idiot can pop a post up online that gets massive attention. Facts are then ignored, and the "fake news" propagates through the system.

When it comes to the sort of people shouting about this, they are (99% of the time) in their own little bubble and just posting for the sake of causing trouble.

The LGBT Community doesn't need taken down a peg.  In fact, they as a whole have done nothing wrong.  It's the SJW idiots that need to be ignored and they are the one's causing all the problems.

If you want proof of this, feel free to have a swatch at https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/

This is the sort of stuff that gets Media Attention, and is reported as fact, leading to people "hating" on certain groups.  Donald Trump might not get much right, but he's absolutely bang on with his "Fake News" comments.

It's such a small percentage of people making these comments, that it's statistically insignificant, yet they seem to shout the loudest thanks to Social Media.

What's Tumblr?

15 hours ago, The Brow said:

Probably not. 

Stereotyping based on perceived age.  Shame on you.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Stereotyping based on perceived age.  Shame on you.

Shame indeed. 

Still, at least I dont think kids are being taught 'gayness' as one poster does. 

I'm old enough to remember when it just wasn't safe for gay people to be "out" and they had to hide their sexuality. In fact I'm old enough to remember when a lot of people were considered criminals because of who they had sex with.

I'd rather live in a world where a young person can be who they choose to be and be with whoever they choose to be with. I have one or two gay friends. My daughter has loads. There are just too many other things going on in the world that get my goat. People being gay just isn't an issue for me. It's the 21st century. Who cares?

I don't think we will ever have only gay actors playing gay parts. It's just ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'm old enough to remember when it just wasn't safe for gay people to be "out" and they had to hide their sexuality. In fact I'm old enough to remember when a lot of people were considered criminals because of who they had sex with.

I'd rather live in a world where a young person can be who they choose to be and be with whoever they choose to be with. I have one or two gay friends. My daughter has loads. There are just too many other things going on in the world that get my goat. People being gay just isn't an issue for me. It's the 21st century. Who cares?

I don't think we will ever have only gay actors playing gay parts. It's just ridiculous.

It kind of negates the need for acting a bit. ?

The Internet
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Wasn't there a very similar thread a few weeks back?

Either that or I'm losing it. 

There tends to be one every couple of months yes. 

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

There tends to be one every couple of months yes. 

I was sure there was. I think I posted on it, too.

Just turned 50, MP. Every marble is a prisoner. 

:)

On 19/08/2018 at 18:53, chuck berrys hairline said:

Last month was dire imo every company sticking a rainbow flag beside their logo. Seems everywhere you turn these days gayness is getting rammed down your throat!

::thatshot:: 

Edited by Sarah O

On 19/08/2018 at 19:42, Dia Liom said:

If anyone's going to run the show I'd rather it was the LGBT community

The straight guys seem to be making a **** of it !

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Why not?

And, who would you rather ran the show?

Someone that's able to and not someone based on if they're gay or not.

John Findlay
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 14:29, Ulysses said:

Pity the Catholic Church lost its way shall we say.

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pity the Catholic Church lost its way shall we say.

Most religions have had a go at LGBT people in one way or another, to their shame.  If you want to open a discussion about the other shameful acts of the Roman Catholic Church, why not start a separate thread and leave this "wing clipping" thread to its own devices?

Edited by Ulysses

Not many religious roots care much for a human who chooses its own consenting destination for their own genitals to be fair.

On 20/08/2018 at 20:36, Maroon Sailor said:

I think they're closet Jambos, Bungle and Zippy are doing the 5-1. Respect !.?

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

?

11 hours ago, whodanny said:

They'd better stay in the closet or the OP will be having words... :lol:

1 hour ago, Boof said:

They'd better stay in the closet or the OP will be having words... :lol:

Mmmm... think the 5-1 might have outed them.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Isn't that Madeline Smith?

It’s Sally James but it does look like Madeline Smith.