LGBT community

ri Alban

Sorry if it offends people, but I'm getting a little tired of this lot running the show. Gender options for kids, gay rights this, positive discrimination that. No, there's laws against discrimination, use them. 

The tip of the tail seems to wagging the dog, and the governments are helping them. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• i8hibsh

• The White Cockade

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stewie Griffin

Saw a thing on the BBC this morning where there was a couple of people from the gay community on arguing that only gay people should play gay parts in tv / films . What a load of rubbish can you imagine the uproar if someone said only heterosexual people should play straight parts in tv / films 

Its a common theme and story where a younger generation are requiring actions that repeal all attitudes, beliefs, and legal actions against their forebearers. I first became aware of homosexuality listening to old soldiers going on about incidents with what are now described as Gay men.  It in these talks gave one the impression that particularly guardsmen in service in London were particular target of their approaches, this  accompanied by brutally physical actions against these people were greeted with much scorn and laughter by us younger men.  I experienced exactly what was being described when in London and found these approaches insulting and deviate.  I n joining the police I became aware of public toilet cubicles where the police had drilled holes in dividers to be able to watch for suspected homosexual activity, this was not only acceptable to me but justified in capturing the absolute weirdos.

As time went on as education and science started to prove that deviation as I will describe it was not what it seemed it was not a choice but a physyological condition of the body and mind, not actually a deviation but in fact something different, this led to a better understanding and cancelling out the enforcement of charges of criminal mis behaviour, and the attitude of discrimination. Having been very much in the old system it has taken some time, but now I have no adverse reaction to persons I meet who are part of the subject community. Sure when I watch a quiz show and the contestant comment that they are a married person with two children and a male refers to his husband and a female refers to her wife, I still find it odd, but it is what it is.

No doubt both officialdom and some of us personally trying to be fair and possibly make up for past attitudes and actions are overly active in doing so, but it is the nature of the beast to try to make up for past inequalities.

Here we go again.  Certain posters joining in ..3 ...2 ....1

Perhaps we should have a permanent subgroup concerning  the reintroduction of capital punishment for gay monarchs.

Edited by FWJ

chuck berrys hairline

Last month was dire imo every company sticking a rainbow flag beside their logo. Seems everywhere you turn these days gayness is getting rammed down your throat!

Edited by chuck berrys hairline
Sp

Dagger Is Back
40 minutes ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Saw a thing on the BBC this morning where there was a couple of people from the gay community on arguing that only gay people should play gay parts in tv / films . What a load of rubbish can you imagine the uproar if someone said only heterosexual people should play straight parts in tv / films 

Yeah I read that too and couldn't quite believe it. Absolute tosh. In terms of the OP, I'm inclined to agree. Seems strange behaviour.

Bridge of Djoum
47 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Last month was dire imo every company sticking a rainbow flag beside their logo. Seems everywhere you turn these days gayness is getting rammed down your throat!

What an utterly embarrassing post.

Ministry MK2
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry if it offends people, but I'm getting a little tired of this lot running the show. Gender options for kids, gay rights this, positive discrimination that. No, there's laws against discrimination, use them. 

The tip of the tail seems to wagging the dog, and the governments are helping them. 

What is it they are asking for you disagree with? Normally the answer to that question gets to the crux of the matter.

been here before
16 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Why? 

They'd keep the place tidy.

Discounted soft furnishings and tickets to musicals.

Co-ordinated decor for everyone.

It would be nice.

2 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

This has already happened - it happens a lot, but the latest has been with the new Batwoman Series:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45166592

The problem is not with the LGBT society.  The problem entirely exists within the SJW (Social Justice Warrior) "Tumblr" society.  Nothing is good enough for them because it's either racist/sexist/misogynist/transphobic/homophobic.  Select and delete as appropriate - feel free to pick multiple instances.

The problem is that any ill informed idiot can pop a post up online that gets massive attention. Facts are then ignored, and the "fake news" propagates through the system.

When it comes to the sort of people shouting about this, they are (99% of the time) in their own little bubble and just posting for the sake of causing trouble.

The LGBT Community doesn't need taken down a peg.  In fact, they as a whole have done nothing wrong.  It's the SJW idiots that need to be ignored and they are the one's causing all the problems.

If you want proof of this, feel free to have a swatch at https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/

This is the sort of stuff that gets Media Attention, and is reported as fact, leading to people "hating" on certain groups.  Donald Trump might not get much right, but he's absolutely bang on with his "Fake News" comments.

It's such a small percentage of people making these comments, that it's statistically insignificant, yet they seem to shout the loudest thanks to Social Media.

3 hours ago, Stewie Griffin said:

I’m I the only person who thinks we are teaching kids to be gay.lessons in primary school telling them be any sex you want.sorry I know it’s not a choice but more and more kids are being pushed into making a choice when really they are what they are.

6 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m I the only person who thinks we are teaching kids to be gay.lessons in primary school telling them be any sex you want.sorry I know it’s not a choice but more and more kids are being pushed into making a choice when really they are what they are.

It's teaching them it's ok to be what you are and you should respect people that are different to yourself. You can't teach someone to be gay because it isn't something you choose.

6 minutes ago, obua said:

What on earth is wrong with you? Is this even remotely serious? :laugh:

I doubt you're a bigot but you've really misjudged this post

25 minutes ago, obua said:

Yup.

All kids are taught to be gay.

Obviously.

:vrface:

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Who in this post-modern world names a child Violet anyway?

Mr and Mrs Incredible.

4 hours ago, bobsharp said:

Its a common theme and story where a younger generation are requiring actions that repeal all attitudes, beliefs, and legal actions against their forebearers. I first became aware of homosexuality listening to old soldiers going on about incidents with what are now described as Gay men.  It in these talks gave one the impression that particularly guardsmen in service in London were particular target of their approaches, this  accompanied by brutally physical actions against these people were greeted with much scorn and laughter by us younger men.  I experienced exactly what was being described when in London and found these approaches insulting and deviate.  I n joining the police I became aware of public toilet cubicles where the police had drilled holes in dividers to be able to watch for suspected homosexual activity, this was not only acceptable to me but justified in capturing the absolute weirdos.

As time went on as education and science started to prove that deviation as I will describe it was not what it seemed it was not a choice but a physyological condition of the body and mind, not actually a deviation but in fact something different, this led to a better understanding and cancelling out the enforcement of charges of criminal mis behaviour, and the attitude of discrimination. Having been very much in the old system it has taken some time, but now I have no adverse reaction to persons I meet who are part of the subject community. Sure when I watch a quiz show and the contestant comment that they are a married person with two children and a male refers to his husband and a female refers to her wife, I still find it odd, but it is what it is.

No doubt both officialdom and some of us personally trying to be fair and possibly make up for past attitudes and actions are overly active in doing so, but it is the nature of the beast to try to make up for past inequalities.

Some post btw 

The White Cockade

shouldn't have sex education in Primary Schools anyway

there used to be a thing called childhood

seems to be over by about age seven these days

nothing wrong with teaching a general tolerance to others though

been here before
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Who in this post-modern world names a child Violet anyway?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Mr and Mrs Incredible.

And Mr and Mrs Beauregarde

Not even the second page and this thread is already filled with wind ups and homophobia.

Only way we're redeemed as Hearts fans is if a mod changes Chuck berry's hairline's avatar to the rainbow flag then locks the thread.

1 minute ago, parker said:

Not even the second page and this thread is already filled with wind ups and homophobia.

Only way we're redeemed as Hearts fans is if a mod changes Chuck berry's hairline's avatar to the rainbow flag then locks the thread.

What did we expect?  The OP was an open invitation to the latter, and utterly deserving of the former.  :rofl:

45 minutes ago, obua said:

How can someone be pushed into making a choice when it isn't a matter of choice?

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

How can someone be pushed into making a choice when it isn't a matter of choice?

Let them have a childhood without filling there heads with all the pick a sex you want to be shite.

John Findlay
21 minutes ago, parker said:

That's democracy for you.

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Funny Zebra crossings you have in Ireland:laugh2:.

They have rainbow crossings in a few countries, but not here. 

There's a thought.....

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

rb1_1200x1200.jpg?v=1528256726

Shite flag. 

Nae maroon

Flag debate 

:vrwow:

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, obua said:

Let them have a childhood without filling there heads with all the pick a sex you want to be shite.

I don't know what is being taught in UK schools, but I doubt if children are being told that they can choose the gender they want to be.

• Moderators

A number of posts on this thread have been removed due to posters including homophobic slurs. 

Please refrain from using these slurs. Sarcasm/irony is not an excuse.

If you have issues with any post on this thread, please use the report function rather than resorting to abuse.

2 hours ago, obua said:

Thing is though, by the time they reach 7 they have already had their head filled with expectations like “you’re going to be a mother” “boys have to be braver than girls” which seems harmless enough, but when you are born attracted to the same sex or feeling like you don’t belong in the right body, those harmless things can drive kids to despair because they feel like they are not living up to adult expectations and that gets carried through life.

That’s why LGBT people and Trans people in particular have far higher suicide rates. 

Schools know that if they try and be more inclusive, then they reduce the risk of these problems happening in the first place. 

10 minutes ago, BigC said:

Thing is though, by the time they reach 7 they have already had their head filled with expectations like “you’re going to be a mother” “boys have to be braver than girls” which seems harmless enough, but when you are born attracted to the same sex or feeling like you don’t belong in the right body, those harmless things can drive kids to despair because they feel like they are not living up to adult expectations and that gets carried through life.

That’s why LGBT people and Trans people in particular have far higher suicide rates. 

Schools know that if they try and be more inclusive, then they reduce the risk of these problems happening in the first place. 

Exactly this, if kids are taught that not everyone isn't the same the one who is "different" won't be abused and picked on in secondary school and endure years of bullying. I know more than a couple of people who got divorced in their 40's when they had families who then proceeded to come out as gay as they had felt pressured to conform when they were younger and fit the established norm to keep their families and peers happy. In an ideal world a person's sexuality wouldn't be a topic of discussion it would just be accepted.