Most arrogant/annoying nationality..

Morgan

For me, it’s the Italians.

Honorary mentions to the English, the French and the Germans.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• John Findlay

• Geoff the Mince

• ri Alban

luckyBatistuta

As someone who goes to Florida most years, I’ve got to say the Mexicans by an absolute mile. They really need to learn some manners and that it’s not all just about them.

John Findlay

I'm not going to say a nationality. I'm going to narrow it down a bit.

People from Yorkshire both male and female. Young and old.

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanese, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

Edited by Locky

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanes, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

Tend to agree with you.

30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Anyone going to dare to say the Scottish. And mean it...?

Me. A nationality of people who embrace alcoholism and teenage pregnancy and generally hate the English because a Mel Gibson movie told them to.

Then again, the English embrace alcoholism, teenage pregnancy and hate the English too.

Maybe a controversial one, but dare I say the Irish? Probably not actually the irish themselves, probably more fuelled by my hatred of faux Irish tat and shitty themed pubs, and that everyone celebrates St Paddy's Day when they couldn't even tell you the date of their own nations day.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Me. A nationality of people who embrace alcoholism and teenage pregnancy and generally hate the English because a Mel Gibson movie told them to.

Then again, the English embrace alcoholism, teenage pregnancy and hate everyone else for not being English.

FTFY

Geoff the Mince

Russians are weird and dour faced welts 

Indians think you're thier slave and they have hygiene issues .

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not going to say a nationality. I'm going to narrow it down a bit.

People from Yorkshire both male and female. Young and old.

You can tell a Yorkshireman.

But you can’t tell him much...

The most arrogant I've ever encountered were a group of South Africans clicking their fingers at a black waitress at a restaurant in Mauritius every time they wanted a drink. Rude as ****, almost made me ashamed to be white, makes me cringe thinking about it. 

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, FWJ said:

You can tell a Yorkshireman.

But you can’t tell him much...

Only people to peel oranges in their pockets.

Scotch, Catalans, Russians.

The Scotch because they think they're special or different when in fact they're a peely-wally, undernourished, undereducated shower of louts under the spell of a hippy cult.

The Catalans for having it all and still wanting to feck about, including turning down the chance to be native speakers of the second most-spoken language in the world, all because of sanctimony.

The Russians because they think they're somebody and, well, naw. O

37 minutes ago, Locky said:

Based on toursits in Edinburgh, asians (japanese, Chinese mainly) are a pain. They've absolutely no self awareness.

:spoton: They walk slow as **** as well.

The British. A bunch of imperialist thieving, genecidal, feck who then tell everyone it was for their own good, and then wonder why other people want to destroy them. 

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Scotch, Catalans, Russians.

The Scotch because they think they're special or different when in fact they're a peely-wally, undernourished, undereducated shower of louts under the spell of a hippy cult.

The Catalans for having it all and still wanting to feck about, including turning down the chance to be native speakers of the second most-spoken language in the world, all because of sanctimony.

The Russians because they think they're somebody and, well, naw. O

Must try harder.

Geoff the Mince
Just now, ri Alban said:

The British. A bunch of imperialist thieving, genecidal, feck who then tell everyone it was for their own good, and then wonder why other people want to destroy them. 

:lol:

John Findlay
Just now, ri Alban said:

Must try harder too.

The Internet

So I'm guessing we've all accepted Americans as the only right answer and are just putting forward ideas for second place?

Whilst in Florida, I'd say Brazilians. Strong BO like they don't wash and they're very loud. A bit like Glaswiegans coming to think about it :lol:

In the UK, English only annoy me when it comes to sports since they're obviously world champions of everything, unless it "hasn't been their year"

To pinch my dad's joke. I don't mind Americans, it's all the white *******s I can't stand.

He is white before anyone starts.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As someone who goes to Florida most years, I’ve got to say the Mexicans by an absolute mile. They really need to learn some manners and that it’s not all just about them.

Not being funny but is there many Mexicans in Florida? Not all Latinos are Mexican. I always thought they were mostly Cuban or Puerto Ricans ( and polite and friendly)

Mac_fae_Gillie

Difficult to rate nations on tourists cuss they are a dithering unaware lot too busy looking at a Castle and blocking pavements. But for countries visited I actually like the 2 most hated more than others Yanks and French hated by many but I found them straight forward sarcastic and decent sense of humour. As too who I dislike got to be Romanians, little unfair on them as it is a sub group I found annoying as hell the corrupt ones with no respect for others.

1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Scotch, Catalans, Russians

Scotch ?  You think a spirit based drink is arrogant ?  Hmmmm....

Australians - loud, obnoxious arseholes.

Israelis - see above but with an added massive superiority complex. 

Chinese - extremely rude and ignorant. No concept of queuing or  awareness of surroundings when walking, particularly in large groups. 

All of the above huge generalisations obviously. 

6 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Australians - loud, obnoxious arseholes.

Israelis - see above but with an added massive superiority complex. 

Chinese - extremely rude and ignorant. No concept of queuing or  awareness of surroundings when walking, particularly in large groups. 

All of the above huge generalisations obviously. 

The Chinese also invade your personal space.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

For me, it’s the Italians.

Honorary mentions to the English, the French and the Germans.

When I seen the thread title, I knew it would be you !!

Lasciali in pace !

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

When I seen the thread title, I knew it would be you !!

Lasciali in pace !

:lol: :robboyas:

North Berwick Jambo

Over here,  No contest! It’s the English. Overall it’s got to be Americans for me, huge egos, arrogant, loud & usually thick as ****! 

Indians for me, probably a lot to do with their caste system. South Africans, Israelis,Nigerians and cockneys make up my top five.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, pablo said:

Not being funny but is there many Mexicans in Florida? Not all Latinos are Mexican. I always thought they were mostly Cuban or Puerto Ricans ( and polite and friendly)

There are plenty Mexicans in Florida, definitely more Cubans though and maybe I do get them all mixed up ? I’ve also encountered them in LA and San Diego and found them rude there too. Always push there way past everyone trying to get to the front. You would think that there kids were the only ones that matter, just rude.

Having done a bit of travel over the years I have pretty well met all nationalities I have met have good and bad. I find Asians to be on occasion pushy, but have spoken to people who have visited some of the highly populated areas in Asia, and they feel its not really rudeness, it survival, strongest and pushiest survive. In travelling Europe I found the French in Paris always in a hurry and as merchants rude and somewhat arrogant. Americans not all but enough have a propensity to be loud. No real problems with Aussies, New Zealanders, and Canadians. We had quite a few South African doctors in one area I lived in, and they were in some cases quite outspoken about black South Africans.

The worst, as seen in Playa del Carmen Mexico, Waikiki, and particularly Las Vegas, drunken Scots in football team jerseys, with Scottish accents that I have never heard, loud enough and ridiculous enough that they attracted many disgusted looks, and quite a few other customers leaving the establishment we were in because of them. I suppose I am prejudiced against my own because they embarrassed me especially when the comment you came from Scotland didn't you was made.

The Dutch. Miserable *******s.

The Chinese. Spatial awareness and a strange smell.

Nigerians. One can hear them coming from three miles away.

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Only people to peel oranges in their pockets.

Not a patch on The Janners

Every Janner I've worked beside has been tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm

AlphonseCapone

This thread :vrface:

Spain is the worst nation on earth though, absolute scum. Closely followed by the USA.