Mike Ashley Buys Jenners

FWJ

Just now, Victorian said:

Big JENNERS worded mugs the size of your head.   

:lol:

Don't forget the stationary aswell and the staff will be cutting about in shorts aswell. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Big JENNERS worded mugs the size of your head.   

Probably and different uniforms.

Or probably nothing because it's successful anyway

luckyBatistuta

Great, that will be sulky, unfriendly staff in Jenners now. Anybody you ask for help, or you want served at the counter, it’s like you’ve got Kevin the teenager in front of you.

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Great, that will be sulky, unfriendly staff in Jenners now. Anybody you ask for help, or you want served at the counter, it’s like you’ve got Kevin the teenager in front of you.

Not been in Jenners for a while, but last time I was in, that was my experience!

Thought the customer service really dipped after HoF bought it over, tbh.

Edited by Boris

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Boris said:

Not been in Jenners for a while, but last time I was in, that was my experience!

I’m in there every now and then and have always found them pleasant.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m in there every now and then and have always found them pleasant.

I'm sure they are, similarly, whenever I've been in a Sports Direct, the folk working there have been polite and really helpful!

'Sa funny old game...

Image result for greavsie

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Boris said:

I'm sure they are, similarly, whenever I've been in a Sports Direct, the folk working there have been polite and really helpful!

'Sa funny old game...

Image result for greavsie

Sure is :lol:

£90 million !!!! for the whole company and all the stock plus any buildings they own outright.

He walks away from all rental debt, running into millions and he can bin the company pension scheme that employees have been paying into for years

Creditors hung out to dry with this deal that was obviously on the back shelf before they went into administration.

This is just wrong !!!

Edited by Escobar PHM

All roads lead to Gorgie

This is sure to mean Lonsdale boxing gear will be the top designer fashion items available from now on in Jenners. 

4 hours ago, FWJ said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45140874

Or, more accurately, Sports Direct buys House of Fraser.

Hmmmm.  I wonder what this will mean for the grand old lady of Princes Street.

That's an iconic department store about to go down the plug hole. Used to meet the burd outside on a Saturday night. 

Really disappointed with the news, I was really looking forward to splashing a wad of next months bonus pay on liquidation discounted clothes!

The Real Maroonblood
51 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That's an iconic department store about to go down the plug hole. Used to meet the burd outside on a Saturday night. 

Then you married her.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Then you married her.

I bloody wish. In truth I blew it. At the time I had other things going on. As a result I let her get away. She is now married to a Dunfermline fan and currently lives through there.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I bloody wish. In truth I blew it. At the time I had other things going on. As a result I let her get away. She is now married to a Dunfermline fan and currently lives through there.

Que Sera Sera.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Que Sera Sera.

On the bright side at least she didn't get hitched to a bloody hibby. 

5 hours ago, Boris said:

Thought the customer service really dipped after HoF bought it over, tbh.

And worse than that they stopped selling John Smedley gear. Shocking state of affairs. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

On the bright side at least she didn't get hitched to a bloody hibby. 

Every cloud has a silver lining.

3 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

£90 million !!!! for the whole company and all the stock plus any buildings they own outright.

He walks away from all rental debt, running into millions and he can bin the company pension scheme that employees have been paying into for years

Creditors hung out to dry with this deal that was obviously on the back shelf before they went into administration.

This is just wrong !!!

Bloody good deal for him, asset stripping is like buying a vintage car and selling it off for the parts,  which are worth a lot more separately, than the sum value of the whole car.

2002 at least through to 2009 HoF wasted, literally millions in new and existing store fit-outs, plenty of their people and contractors lined their pockets. Belfast, Dublin, Norwich in 2004/5 alone.

I've been asked to leave Jenner's twice for mucking about in the toy department.

I was in my early teens and both occasions were close to Christmas.

I'm proud of both these moments.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

This is just wrong !!!

That's insolvency law for you, it's no different from when Hearts shed millions that we owed, and the new owners (us) benefitted.

It is what it is, these laws exist to keep businesses going, not to benefit creditors. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

This is just wrong !!!

The Jenners building is owned by a super rich woman from Fife and was leased to HoF I'm sure.

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

:lol:

Don't forget the stationary aswell and the staff will be cutting about in shorts aswell. 

stationEry. :pimp2:

35 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And worse than that they stopped selling John Smedley gear. Shocking state of affairs. 

Writing was on the wall right there! 

16 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

stationEry. :pimp2:

My stationery set ran out after a few weeks of school if only sports direct had been around at the time. 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

No need for Leigh Griffiths on this thread

Ok, is it safe to come back on and post now. Was getting worried the mods might give me a ban for such an offensive post.

5 hours ago, Marvin said:

I’m still gutted about this, one of my favourite shops :(

Years ago, Jenners toy department was amazing.

Now it's shit, reduced to half it's original size by a Barbour concession, I believe.

Seymour M Hersh

HoF ruined Jenners. It went from being the Harrods of the north to just another poor HoF store. The Jenners children who sold out to HoF because they couldn't be bothered running it should hang their heads in shame!

Seems that the owner of Edinburgh Woolen Mill made a larger offer for HoF, including preserving their pension fund intact but the Administrators chose to go with the lower Ashley bid

:interehjrling:

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Seems that the owner of Edinburgh Woolen Mill made a larger offer for HoF, including preserving their pension fund intact but the Administrators chose to go with the lower Ashley bid

:interehjrling:

'Scuse my ignorance (retirement pensions work differently here) but what happens to the Jenners/HoF pension fund now?

2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

'Scuse my ignorance (retirement pensions work differently here) but what happens to the Jenners/HoF pension fund now?

Whatever Mike Ashley wants to do with it.

The protection of it was not part of his cut price offer.

I really hope it stays open and stays as it is.  It’s part of the ‘fabric’ of Edinburgh, like the floral clock or the one o’clock gun, just one of those things that make the city what it is.

Edited by FWJ

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Was in Jenners today flagship store if Edinburgh is now selling No Fear jeans. ?Never thought I’d see the day. Shame! 

Looks a mess.

16 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Was in Jenners today flagship store if Edinburgh is now selling No Fear jeans. ?Never thought I’d see the day. Shame! 

I was in last week and they are selling Everlast t-shirts.

No way back from that imo

Samuel Camazzola
18 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

What/who are No Fear? 

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Mike Ashley is a ****.

He is, but we are all to blame.

He is very good at what he does.

School shoes for the kids- either pay £60 for something they will grow out of in a year from somewhere, or £15 from SD.- when you have 3 kids that's a vast difference.- save yourself £140 on shoes.

You need to remember that a lot of the stuff in there used to be the same overpriced kack you still buy elsewhere- Soviet, Everlast, Hot Tuna, Ocean Pacific, Quicksilver, Converse, Vans, Firetrap, Pierre Cardin.

Even Nike etc are much cheaper in there.