Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

13 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Unfortunately there are season ticket holders who still don't know or can't be arsed to let the club know that they won't be using their seasons so we can re- sell the seats on the day. We will never reach full capacity until that happens!

Edit it's late for me. I get what you mean as we will count the seats sold regardless if ST holders turn up or not.

I think the Club could do more to publicise this option. Mention it in a Club Statement or have a wee notice on the website.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clerry Jambo

• JALBO

• JamboJen

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I think the Club could do more to publicise this option. Mention it in a Club Statement or have a wee notice on the website.

Just needs a bit of an upgrade on the ticket software, so when you log in, your own seats are highlighted and you simply click to release them

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seem to recall, the money was put into the Tynecastle fund from all resales. Is it like a car, no VAT on the resale?

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Just needs a bit of an upgrade on the ticket software, so when you log in, your own seats are highlighted and you simply click to release them

The software isn’t owned by Hearts though. 

14 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Unfortunately there are season ticket holders who still don't know or can't be arsed to let the club know that they won't be using their seasons so we can re- sell the seats on the day. We will never reach full capacity until that happens!

Edit it's late for me. I get what you mean as we will count the seats sold regardless if ST holders turn up or not.

I got my first season ticket since the 80s this year and I didn't know you could do this?  So for games i can't make (there's a couple near Xmas), I can let the club know and they can resell the seats?  Sounds a great idea.

scott herbertson
Just now, HighTimes said:

I got my first season ticket since the 80s this year and I didn't know you could do this?  So for games i can't make (there's a couple near Xmas), I can let the club know and they can resell the seats?  Sounds a great idea.

Yes - it’s very easy - just phone them and give them your membership no and seats to be released

Escobar PHM
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The software isn’t owned by Hearts though. 

True, but the online ticketing facility is paid for by Hearts and I am pretty sure they could add another module to the capability it has. At cost obviously.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes - it’s very easy - just phone them and give them your membership no and seats to be released

Or email supporter services

[email protected]

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

True, but the online ticketing facility is paid for by Hearts and I am pretty sure they could add another module to the capability it has. At cost obviously.

They could but if nobody else that use it wanted it apart from Hearts then it won’t happen. I agree it would be nice to have. 

27 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

:waiting:

As the original dot-counter Clerry, you'll probably be interested to know that Aberdeen's seat map actually tells you how many seats are left for sale in each section when you click on it. I hope that never cottons on at Hearts otherwise we're all out of work!

Deans Jambo
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't have a previous buying history having lived abroad for ten years but I managed to get a couple via eticketing. 

Out of interest did you have a previous customer ref no or set up a new one specifically for this game? 

Clerry Jambo
48 minutes ago, JALBO said:

As the original dot-counter Clerry, you'll probably be interested to know that Aberdeen's seat map actually tells you how many seats are left for sale in each section when you click on it. I hope that never cottons on at Hearts otherwise we're all out of work!

It’s coming Jalbo mate 

mainstandjambo
3 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest Count

Wheatfield   -    313

Gorgie           -   223

Main              -   234

Total left        -   770. Just under 250 sold since my last count on Sunday night. Will do further count around JALBO time.

Latest Count

Wheatfield   -   274

Gorgie          -   183

Main            -    200

Total left   -      657. Around 360 sold in last 24 hours. Heading for a sell out.  

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

Out of interest did you have a previous customer ref no or set up a new one specifically for this game? 

I did have a customer reference, but I only set it up a couple of weeks ago and haven't used it since. The other ticket's for my Mrs who wasn't registered at all, we had to register her so the ticket could be assigned correctly but had no problems at all. 

Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Latest Count

Wheatfield   -   274

Gorgie          -   183

Main            -    200

Total left   -      657. Around 360 sold in last 24 hours. Heading for a sell out.  

Wheatfield: 260

Gorgie: 178

Main: 193

Remaining: 631

Message to all Jambo season ticket holders who can't make the game and their 

ticket is going to be unused. Please inform the ticket office so they can resell 

your seat as every little helps the club. Thank you.

51 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Loving the colouring Clerry, gives off that urgency, low stock type vibe

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Keith Talent said:

Anyone have any idea what the actual ground capacity is now if it does sell out?

We should find out on Saturday. 

Clerry Jambo
8 hours ago, Keith Talent said:

Anyone have any idea what the actual ground capacity is now if it does sell out?

Potentially first home derby may tell us.

Couple of end columns may not get filled on Saturday but more likely for the Hibs game

8 hours ago, Keith Talent said:

As far as I can tell, the current capacity is in the 19,900s. If the club decide not to sell the seats that apparently have a limited view at either end of the main stand (150 or thereabouts), I would think that the capacity for this game is in the 19,700s. However the club have previously said that the capacity will rise to over 20,000 so whether that's once everything is finished, or whether we'll see a row of deck chairs along rhe front of the Wheatfield on Saturday, remains to be seen.

The Treasurer
11 hours ago, novoman said:

Good to see Clerry back in the hot seat , I knew you still had it in you ?

Agreed.

No offence to other Dot Counters, but it's been like having Connor Sammon playing when Steven Naismith is on the bench

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agreed.

No offence to other Dot Counters, but it's been like having Connor Sammon playing when Steven Naismith is on the bench

Ahem! You'll be putting us out on dot counting loan to Motherwell next....

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Ahem! You'll be putting us out on dot counting loan to Motherwell next....

Just to gain experience.

Definite signs of potential, you just need to get some regular first team counting :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, JALBO said:

As far as I can tell, the current capacity is in the 19,900s. If the club decide not to sell the seats that apparently have a limited view at either end of the main stand (150 or thereabouts), I would think that the capacity for this game is in the 19,700s. However the club have previously said that the capacity will rise to over 20,000 so whether that's once everything is finished, or whether we'll see a row of deck chairs along rhe front of the Wheatfield on Saturday, remains to be seen.

Capacity was set to be 20,099 when the main stand was complete. That includes all the seats at the sides which should no longer be “restricted view” now that the police box has been stripped back, (although you can’t see the goal nets etc, you can see the entire entire pitch).

My understanding was that the TV studio has knocked out about 12-20 seats.

Have there been any other seats lost to changes to the design, such as to create better segregation in the director’s box?

What are you basing the 19,900’s figure on?

Hampden Demolition

Would be good if the club put something on social media with regards to releasing seats for people who can’t make it. It’s fristrating when we are expecting a sell out to see vacant seats dotted over the stadium. We want the place rocking on Saturday!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Would be good if the club put something on social media with regards to releasing seats for people who can’t make it. It’s fristrating when we are expecting a sell out to see vacant seats dotted over the stadium. We want the place rocking on Saturday!

It will be 

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Capacity was set to be 20,099 when the main stand was complete. That includes all the seats at the sides which should no longer be “restricted view” now that the police box has been stripped back, (although you can’t see the goal nets etc, you can see the entire entire pitch).

My understanding was that the TV studio has knocked out about 12-20 seats.

Have there been any other seats lost to changes to the design, such as to create better segregation in the director’s box?

What are you basing the 19,900’s figure on?

Yes, the capacity is a curiosity for sure. The club have certainly given the capacity as 20,099, and I think Ann Budge recently confirmed in an interview or Q&A (can't remember which) that the stadium will have a capacity of over 20,000. At the minute, I haven't been able to get the capacity over 20,000 as far as counting seats, hospitality,, press zone and wheelchair, blind and PA seats are concerned. The seating in the main stand is reduced somewhat from the original 7,290 manly because the centre section is now only 25 seats across (wider seats) and not 28 like the other sections, and the lower centre section lost a lot of seats for the press zone etc. The current stand configuration seems to have a capacity of closer to 7,060 including press seats, which, when added to the other stands (approx 12,887 including the wheelchair, blind and PA seating, and seats currently removed for the Wheatfield tunnel) leaves us short of 20,000.

The club know best though - I just can't find the additional capacity myself though.

The restricted seats puzzle me in section N. They seem to be in exactly the same position as the wing seats in G of the Wheatfield and yet those seats in G seem to be sold as normal seats, except for the very first seat, as opposed to a 3-seat width in N.  It did cross my mind that the club have just forgotten to tell Ticketmaster that those seats can be sold! 

Edited by JALBO
correction

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Yes, the capacity is a curiosity for sure. The club have certainly given the capacity as 20,099, and I think Ann Budge recently confirmed in an interview or Q&A (can't remember which) that the stadium will have a capacity of over 20,000. At the minute, I haven't been able to get the capacity over 20,000 as far as counting seats, hospitality,, press zone and wheelchair, blind and PA seats are concerned. The seating in the main stand is reduced somewhat from the original 7,290 manly because the centre section is now only 25 seats across (wider seats) and not 28 like the other sections, and the lower centre section lost a lot of seats for the press zone etc. The current stand configuration seems to have a capacity of closer to 7,060 including press seats, which, when added to the other stands (approx 12,887 including the wheelchair, blind and PA seating, and seats currently removed for the Wheatfield tunnel) leaves us short of 20,000.

The club know best though - I just can't find the additional capacity myself though.

The restricted seats puzzle me in section N. They seem to be in exactly the same position as the wing seats in G of the Wheatfield and yet those seats in G seem to be sold as normal seats, except for the very first seat, as opposed to a 3-seat width in N.  It did cross my mind that the club have just forgotten to tell Ticketmaster that those seats can be sold! 

Get there early next time and just walk round counting the physyical seats. ??‍♂️

Clerry Jambo
15 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wheatfield: 217

Gorgie: 159

Main: 177

Remaining: 553

Hearts tweeted earlier that phones in the TO were ringing off the hook. Looks like we will sell out with a day or two to spare.

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, BigC said:

Hearts tweeted earlier that phones in the TO were ringing off the hook. Looks like we will sell out with a day or two to spare.

Think that was more to do with the cup game but agree we will sell out.

8 minutes ago, BigC said:

That probably would have been for the Dunfermline game tbf, although it certainly looks like Celtic is heading for a sell out.

Rocky jamboa

My dad was in earlier, getting our tickets, and said there was a bit of a queue. 

It's amazing what a couple of good performances and results can do! Looks likely to be a sell out.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wheatfield: 217

Gorgie: 159

Main: 177

Remaining: 553

Wheatfield: 200

Gorgie: 138

Main: 165

Remaining: 503

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

4 days until kick off, safe to assume this will sell out. 

Edited by karipidis

Buffalo Bill

I still think it’s possible to add another row of seats in front and below of row one of the Wheatfield stand to make up for lost capacity. They would of course be very low down but still high enough for head height to be above pitch level. Could sell them as bronze seats.

Since they narrowed the pitch a few years back, there’s plenty of space between the stand and the touch line. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Ho do I email to resell my seat.  Made an erse of the date :jj_facepalm:

Try Twitter.

@HeartsTickets

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I still think it’s possible to add another row of seats in front and below of row one of the Wheatfield stand to make up for lost capacity. They would of course be very low down but still high enough for head height to be above pitch level. Could sell them as bronze seats.

Since they narrowed the pitch a few years back, there’s plenty of space between the stand and the touch line. 

I think you may be right in terms of space. However, the pitch has been raised considerably with the re-laying of it over the summer, and I think a new front row at the Wheatfield would be a bit like the front row at Old Trafford.

Buffalo Bill
4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think you may be right in terms of space. However, the pitch has been raised considerably with the re-laying of it over the summer, and I think a new front row at the Wheatfield would be a bit like the front row at Old Trafford.

Fair doos. 

I sat down the front last year for the Dunfermline game and was surprised just how elevated (within reason) row one was. 

Edited by Buffalo Bill

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

You're right in the groove again Clerry!

I'm wondering - could this be the first football match in Edinburgh where no regular seats are on sale for less than £30? Bronze seats are £30, Also hadn't realised  that Platinum seats are £36 for this one. And we've got the Premium seats at £44 like last season of course. New heights for us, if I'm not mistaken.