graygo

FOH Governance Proposal

Bez
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Shares can be passed on. I don't see the difference in terms of passing on voting rights and a part ownership.

****. THAT.

Big fat ‘no’ from me on that idea. Lots of honourable and decent people have arsehole children. Imagine we ended up with loads of Stephen Thompsons coming through to replace the Eddie Thompsons... *shudder*

Taffin
9 minutes ago, Bez said:

****. THAT.

Big fat ‘no’ from me on that idea. Lots of honourable and decent people have arsehole children. Imagine we ended up with loads of Stephen Thompsons coming through to replace the Eddie Thompsons... *shudder*

In the proposal though, those Stephen Thompson's could buy the same say for just a tenner anyway.

Edited by Taffin

Bez
9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In the proposal though, those Stephen Thompson's could buy the same say for just a tenner anyway.

More chance of some Stephen Arsehole Thompson type inheriting a say than putting his hand in his pocket to grab a say. Besides, he would need to be part of a network of Stephen Arsehole Thompsons in order to have a significant influence for his nefarious intentions. Also, in the hereditary scenario, the Stephen Arsehole Thompsons would have less decent fans to outnumber due to the declining membership of original Club and Stadium Saving Association Trus members.

Edited by Bez

graygo
49 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Given how passionate people are on here it's interesting that on 'official' FOH representative hasn't come on to answer some of the questions? 

It would be good for the ordinary member to hear from them on a very well read forum and a big part of their members social media interaction. 

Especially at this time when the governance proposals are up for review, maybe they don't really want to hear it?

The FoH have answered pretty much all the questions on this thread already (see link in the op) Some people are not happy with the answers given and are continuing to ask the same questions.

graygo
55 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Given how passionate people are on here it's interesting that on 'official' FOH representative hasn't come on to answer some of the questions? 

It would be good for the ordinary member to hear from them on a very well read forum and a big part of their members social media interaction. 

Especially at this time when the governance proposals are up for review, maybe they don't really want to hear it?

Doubler.

Edited by graygo

farin
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I think people's concerns are more about what it might be spent on. They are unlikely to object, but the money we are paying was intended initially to save the club. Then it was to build the main stand, bot tangible concepts which everyone (even the most sceptical  😉) thought were sensible projects.Many people, including me, would like to have a more tangible project or set of projects, to feel our money is going towards.I think that is pretty easy to achieve if the FOH AGM is just presented with the proposed annual plan for the Club and we are asked to agree which projects FOH funds will be targetted at. personally I'd be happy with broad areas - eg Paying off Budge, Developing the Youth Academy, buying more land, whatever - the detail is up to the club in delivery.

In practice this would almost certainly make no difference to the club, and I can't think of circumstances where the fans priorities would differ from thos eof FOH's board, which will have been involved in developing the plans.... There could be emergency provisions for unexpected calls on money.

Yep, checks & balances as to just how our money is spent etc & not just taken for granted that we’ll pony up every month to pay for it. FoH are now moving the goalposts from the original plan, understandable as we have saved our club etc.