Burns

gashauskis9

gashauskis9

Deserves his own thread.  A breath of fresh air amidst an awful team performance.  Looks to be a good acquisition.

Looked more equipped down the left.  Hopefully we see more of him down that flank.

That's the third time I've seen him, and each time he has impressed me. Particularly for an 18 year old making a step up from part time football. 

I agree that he looked more effective on the left. 

Heard good things about him but if I'm being honest I was dissapionted with him , plenty of endeavour but lacked quality especially his set pieces. 

Early days but thought he would be further on than Harry but on this display he certainly wasn't . Hopefully he had an off day . 

Really happy with his display today and echo the above...so much more effective wide left supplying ammo into the middle....well done young man, putting majority of your colleagues to shame....

been here before
5 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

That's the third time I've seen him, and each time he has impressed me. Particularly for an 18 year old making a step up from part time football. 

Pretty much what I came on to post. Looks like he'll happily get stuck in when the mud starts flying.

tartofmidlothian

When we were playing badly he didn't stand out, but when we came onto a game at the end he did. If that makes sense.

Great prospect. Will be a big piece in an exciting future jigsaw alongside guys like Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison, Hamilton, Keena and too many more excellent youngsters to mention.

We really have a lot to look forward to. 

He’s a find of that there is no doubt.  Properly scouted and assessed too.  Works wonders. Big career in the game he will have imo.

All things considered he looks a decent find. He's only 18 but looks quite physically developed already.

Talent wise you can see there's something there.

Big move for the boy and he'll just be starting to realise what's expected at Hearts.

Deserves plenty time.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Heard good things about him but if I'm being honest I was dissapionted with him , plenty of endeavour but lacked quality especially his set pieces. 

Early days but thought he would be further on than Harry but on this display he certainly wasn't . Hopefully he had an off day . 

Snap. Like Don Cowie, tries like a bear but without actually contributing. Some of his corners where awful. Early days but like many today, he lacked quality when it mattered. 

10 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

When we were playing badly he didn't stand out, but when we came onto a game at the end he did. If that makes sense.

Very rare that an 18 year old will take a game by the scruff of the neck and the drag the rest of his team mates up.

rick witter

Played well today one of the only ones to get pass marks. I agree he looks better on the left than through the middle 

42 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Set pieces weren’t great imo get where you are coming from definitely room for improvement he has enough to make it decent player hope he does well

Sexton Hardcastle

People will expect him to play out his skin ever week and forget his a kid who is bound to make mistakes.

He’ll be written off by the usual suspects and declared a dud before September. 

Welcome to Hearts fella.

Jambof3tornado
48 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Never a centre midfielder, far more comfortable on the left flank 

Correct. I'm no Levein hater but why play the lad in centre mid? Wasnt impressed by him in there.

Matthew Le Tissier
9 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People will expect him to play out his skin ever week and forget his a kid who is bound to make mistakes.

Welcome to Hearts fella.

Completely agree 

Our support is absolutely horrendous for turning on players after a bad performance. 

heartmussel

He has taken a few hefty challenges in last two games,have to be very careful with him massive potential lets not rely on him to much at this stage in his career. 

25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. I'm no Levein hater but why play the lad in centre mid? Wasnt impressed by him in there.

Because he has literally just walked in the door and no-one knows what his best position is yet?

Hungry hippo

Big thing for me is his attitude and desire. It's what set Paterson out from his peers... in addition to being built like a beast.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Snap. Like Don Cowie, tries like a bear but without actually contributing. Some of his corners where awful. Early days but like many today, he lacked quality when it mattered. 

Generally, I can see something i  folks opinions but deary me.:jj_facepalm:

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Because he has literally just walked in the door and no-one knows what his best position is yet?

Well try messing about in meaningless reserve league fixtures. 

Will never understand why Mulraney would start at left back instead of him. He was brilliant there last week against Forfar and although maybe lesser opposition he looked very mature and experienced for an 18 year old. Definitely better on the left though. Thought MacDonald was great last week too and shone when he came on today - only two guys actually making things happen

4 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Great prospect. Will be a big piece in an exciting future jigsaw alongside guys like Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison, Hamilton, Keena and too many more excellent youngsters to mention.

We really have a lot to look forward to. 

I admire your optimism and respect your judgment.

I really hope you are right.

Now seen him play 4 times and am impressed. Undoubtedly has potential to be a big success in the game. Think Levein is trying to fit him into the side rather than play him in his natural position. He is a teenager learning the game in Scotland and imo deserves our support

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, Big Moysey said:

Now seen him play 4 times and am impressed. Undoubtedly has potential to be a big success in the game. Think Levein is trying to fit him into the side rather than play him in his natural position. He is a teenager learning the game in Scotland and imo deserves our support

You’ve hit the nail on the head.  When we sign ‘versatile’ players it gives me the fear as 9/10 that means they don’t excel in a particular position ie they aren’t very good.  I would rather have a great midfielder who is shite in other positions than an average midfielder who can dabble at full back.  

The best way to develop these youngsters is to play them in their best position.  We’ve already seen Morrison, Mulraney and Burns played out of position and its mid July.  I get the sense that Mulraney will be excellent further forward, possibly as impact sub, but if we play hin as wing back (whilst we have a natural left back on the bench) he’ll be the boo boys favourite. If we meddle too much, we’ll ruin them like we have other youngsters using the versatility card (Jonsson being the best example).

Its one of my few concerns with Levein, where rather than focusing on tactics and formation it’s more about squeezing players into a starting 11.  Nail the tactics and formation, then play your best 11 around that with players in the position they know well and are confident in.  We seem to play all away games like pre season friendlies.

5 hours ago, Big Moysey said:

Whats his natural position mate?

Because his most recent success last season was as an attacking player.

What do you say his best position is from the years you have watched him develop?

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head.  When we sign ‘versatile’ players it gives me the fear as 9/10 that means they don’t excel in a particular position ie they aren’t very good.  I would rather have a great midfielder who is shite in other positions than an average midfielder who can dabble at full back.  

The best way to develop these youngsters is to play them in their best position.  We’ve already seen Morrison, Mulraney and Burns played out of position and its mid July.  I get the sense that Mulraney will be excellent further forward, possibly as impact sub, but if we play hin as wing back (whilst we have a natural left back on the bench) he’ll be the boo boys favourite. If we meddle too much, we’ll ruin them like we have other youngsters using the versatility card (Jonsson being the best example).

Its one of my few concerns with Levein, where rather than focusing on tactics and formation it’s more about squeezing players into a starting 11.  Nail the tactics and formation, then play your best 11 around that with players in the position they know well and are confident in.  We seem to play all away games like pre season friendlies.

Same question.

No Hearts fan has a ****ing clue what this lad’s best position is so don’t pontificate like you do.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Same question.

No Hearts fan has a ****ing clue what this lad’s best position is so don’t pontificate like you do.

Constant reference yesterday to him playing left wing back for NI, I’d figure this as a starting point.  One thing for sure is that a club our size can’t afford to use competitive games to work this out, hence why I dislike this league cup format.

been here before
14 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Welcome to Hearts fella.

13 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Completely agree 

Our support is absolutely horrendous for turning on players after a bad performance. 

2 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Lol he was playing against a part time raith team. Wait till everyone turns on him when the real games start.

Ill give it 2 months max before we see the excrutiating cliche of "there's a player in there but..." fired onto a few threads

45 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Constant reference yesterday to him playing left wing back for NI, I’d figure this as a starting point.  One thing for sure is that a club our size can’t afford to use competitive games to work this out, hence why I dislike this league cup format.

Im sure left back was the position Levein advised he would begin at when he signed.

I know it’s easy saying but couldn’t we have highlighted our best players ie Berra Naismith Souttar and Lafferty, found a shape and formation that played to their strengths then built a team around them? Instead of randoms because we can then feck about until we find a way to play them all? 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Too many players playing out of position

Imo

Square pegs and round holes playing.

With round pegs on the bench?!

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't think he'll play against Cow10beath. If Garruccio is ok, I think it'll be him, & rest Burns.

Possibly back for the ICT match, if we're still in the LC.

Liked what I've seen of him though. Great attitude. Older lads can take that from the kids. Which is shocking to even write down. Should be vice versa.

Regarding the kids comment, I'd love Lafferty to get stuck in like keena did.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do some more research - would be my starting position personally.

In the most senior and successful season of his career to date he played in an attacking role scoring a load of goals and plenty of assists.

Was his manager last year a dick for playing him ‘out of position’?

It should have been ten
16 hours ago, ramrod said:

Have to disagree with all that. Was very impressive and certainly never looked like he was having an off day. He was a standout in the team yesterday. 

Edited by It should have been ten

It should have been ten
18 minutes ago, Barack said:

I honestly think Kyle will be "rested" (dropped) mid-week. Seems like a boot up the arse is needed. Kris Boyd came on for the last 30 minutes yesterday, and got a hat-trick. 

No-one's seriously going to say that Boyd is fitter than Lafferty. At this minute though, it looks that way. 

I think Naismith & MacLean will cause issues if played together. In honesty, on another thread, I said I'd like all 3 on at the same time, given we may need X amount of goals.

I'll be miles out anyway, so I'll just shut up.

Absolutely agree ??

Escobar PHM
14 hours ago, davie1980 said:

From what we have seen, he is a left wing back or possibly an out and out left winger. Playing him anywhere else is playing him out of position IMO

Edited by Escobar PHM

Escobar PHM
28 minutes ago, Barack said:

I honestly think Kyle will be "rested" (dropped) mid-week. Seems like a boot up the arse is needed. Kris Boyd came on for the last 30 minutes yesterday, and got a hat-trick. 

No-one's seriously going to say that Boyd is fitter than Lafferty. At this minute though, it looks that way. 

I think Naismith & MacLean will cause issues if played together. In honesty, on another thread, I said I'd like all 3 on at the same time, given we may need X amount of goals.

I'll be miles out anyway, so I'll just shut up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Naismith 'rested' also. Depends how important the game is going to be.

3 hours ago, ecky92 said:

Lol he was playing against a part time raith team. Wait till everyone turns on him when the real games start.

If you cant even get the basics right in your post (Raith are fulltime, pay attention) how can you expect anyone to pay any attention to any of your post?? 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Ill give it 2 months max before we see the excrutiating cliche of "there's a player in there but..." fired onto a few threads

2 months you say??........ more like 2 games I say!

Perth to Paisley

The way he runs reminded me of Gary Naysmith ....hope he develops into an equally good player.