• merseyjambo

• Enzo Chiefo

• fast_blood

Top Posters In This Topic

been here before
15 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

"Ooooh, look at all these new signings, we'll be champions by Easter"

It was nice while it lasted

As ridiculous as all the bedwetting thats going on after only 2 games.

We've already had our first "we'll finish bottom 6".

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

As ridiculous as all the bedwetting thats going on after only 2 games.

We've already had our first "we'll finish bottom 6".

I sometimes wonder how many JKB members suffer from Bipolar.

I haven't kept track of who specifically was in full cheerleader "we're going to win the league" mode but there musty be some posters on here that have managed to switch from that mentality straight to "sack the manager, we're going to be playing in the East of Scotland league before long" in the space of a week.

40 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Still confident it will be better than last year

I was hopeful until today, when it was exactly the same as last season - slow as feck and completely predictable in the last third. It seems we still have no creativity at all in the midfield.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, S Form said:

I was hopeful until today, when it was exactly the same as last season - slow as feck and completely predictable in the last third. It seems we still have no creativity at all in the midfield.

It was a depressing performance - some of the presseason games were much better. I'm an optimist so i'm hoping today was just a one-off

53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Still confident it will be better than last year

I'm not, but then pessimism about Hearts is a bit of a trademark for me.

I'm regarding the group phase of the GambleResponsibly(YeahRight) Cup as the modern-day equivalent of the pre-season friendly kickabout, so I'll withhold my (usually pessimistic) opinion for the time being.

But yep, I remain, yours sincerely, a tad less optimistic than others.  :help:

Edited by Ulysses

Prince Obua

I was excited but I watched today and realised that we will be 5th place at best. We were crying out for more technical quality and creativity but we haven't improved in that area. Very unfortunate but I will cheer on none the less. Very disappointed.

I struggled to look at any of our umpteen signing and think there were any better than squad fillers.

League 2, guys that couldn't get a game for Inverness, 36 year olds from St J, a couple signings from the Australian league

There wasn't even a really good youtube video to get all excited about this year 

It seemed quantity over quality.

I reassured myself that there will be a couple gems in there, just because I haven't heard of them or have deemed them "a lower level" doesn't make it so, we have scouts who know a lot more than me

I thought at least we won't be short in numbers and will address the lack of balance in the squad.

Yet we're still short in vital positions.

I couldn't buy into the early excitement of some of the looneys posting on here about how we'll bully hibs and sweep aside Aberdeen and Rangers

Equally, I'm not slashing my wrists and demanding the head of the manager at the thought of having a poor start to the league cup when we are trying to settle in an entire team of players

There's some posters on the player rating thread, who you can tell have already written off players on the basis of one performance

It makes for some frustrating reading on here

16 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I struggled to look at any of our umpteen signing and think there were any better than squad fillers.

League 2, guys that couldn't get a game for Inverness, 36 year olds from St J, a couple signings from the Australian league

There wasn't even a really good youtube video to get all excited about this year 

It seemed quantity over quality.

I reassured myself that there will be a couple gems in there, just because I haven't heard of them or have deemed them "a lower level" doesn't make it so, we have scouts who know a lot more than me

I thought at least we won't be short in numbers and will address the lack of balance in the squad.

Yet we're still short in vital positions.

I couldn't buy into the early excitement of some of the looneys posting on here about how we'll bully hibs and sweep aside Aberdeen and Rangers

Equally, I'm not slashing my wrists and demanding the head of the manager at the thought of having a poor start to the league cup when we are trying to settle in an entire team of players

There's some posters on the player rating thread, who you can tell have already written off players on the basis of one performance

It makes for some frustrating reading on here

Good post

When does the club close down? The overreaction on this forum is predictable.  i am sure that some supporters want to see us fail. 

Apparently a good pre-season beasting would make all the difference.

The fact is, most teams are fit these days. The difference will always be quality, brain and having more of a will to win than your opponent. How hard you are prepared to work.

Todays match, while not the end of the world, is a good indicator of what we still need to bring. Certainly from a lot of individuals we expect to lead by example.

We have every right to be angry.  I am a huge optimist and I am extremely disappointed - again.

Hearts would test the patience of a saint.

PeterintheRain

We've played two matches and won them both on the pitch.   Created a bucketload of chances and all without playing our strongest team.  But never mind that. let's get stuck into the manager and start booing the players for 90 minutes every home game.  That's sure to bring success.

Also HMFC should have told the GFA(gtf) that we'll accept a sanction for playing an unregistered player on the same day that rangers are punished for playing an entire team of unregistered players for 30 years.   What happened to standing up for our club against our enemies?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

We have every right to be angry.  I am a huge optimist and I am extremely disappointed - again.

Hearts would test the patience of a saint.

They really really test that patience if you start the seasons with unrealistically optimistic expectation

16 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

They really really test that patience if you start the seasons with unrealistically optimistic expectation

I don't think defeating the opponents we've faced this season and the last two seasons is unrealistically optimist.

I really think we should have beaten Birky for example and I don't think we should have need penalties to defeat the Raith Rovers recently beaten byCowdenbeath.

Just two examples.

davemclaren

Not been to a League cup section game for 30/40 years. Today reminded me of a league cup section game 30/40 years ago. 

At least we did better than Steve Robinson’s Motherwell or Csaba Lazlo’s Dundee Utd. ??‍♂️

Will be better than last season but not by much. CL to be fire proof because AB knows she has no cash to give for decent signings. 

davemclaren
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Will be better than last season but not by much. CL to be fire proof because AB knows she has no cash to give for decent signings. 

To be fair we must have splashed quite a bit of cash on the signings we have made. 

23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair we must have splashed quite a bit of cash on the signings we have made. 

I don't agree.  If we did, on who ?  Kids from NI and rejects from ICT ?  Happy to give them their chance  but let's not kid ourselves. 

5 hours ago, davie1980 said:

"Ooooh, look at all these new signings, we'll be champions by Easter"

It was nice while it lasted

You seem overly keen to put the boot in. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't agree.  If we did, on who ?  Kids from NI and rejects from ICT ?  Happy to give them their chance  but let's not kid ourselves. 

That’s two out of how many?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s two out of how many?

Let's not forget the League 1 & 2 duds and the foreign punts.

:troll:

7 minutes ago, JME said:

Let's not forget the League 1 & 2 duds and the foreign punts.

:troll:

:laugh:

He's not a troll. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You tell me. 

Lots.?

Olly Lee seemed to be ‘coup’ though he was pretty anonymous today. I think we’ve spent quite a bit in the close season. Was it wisely? Time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:laugh:

He's not a troll. 

I think you misinterpreted my post unless I'm misinterpreting yours?

Ach, I’m climbing back on board. We played horrendous yesterday and Levein has publicly slated them so I don’t see why there’s the slightest bit of criticism towards any fans who want to slate them.

However, if Lee’s shot or Lafferty’s free kick had gone in fairly early on (both looked like they were destined for the net in the air and missed by inches via deflections) we’d have won comfortably yesterday. They never went in, of course and we grew more and more frustrated. The last 15 were encouraging despite folk saying it was too little too late. It clearly wasn’t too little too late as it reaped it’s reward and we “won” the game, albeit in a shootout and only an outrageous decision cost us the full 3 points.

We just need to find that pace and energy of the first 15 and the last 15 and give it laldy for a whole game. Going for at least 5-0 on Tuesday...

Finlay James

We'll finish top 3-4 this season and yesterday's result and performance won't change that.

Levein was raging after the game and because of the depth he now has, heads will roll as a result.  I see folk are also moaning that it was kids who changed the game, surely it is a good thing that we have such talent in reserve.

There are positives already this season; Morrison looks a gem; Burns, Haring look like very good signings.

My advice, just ignore the bed wetter she and get behind the club.

merseyjambo
32 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

We'll finish top 3-4 this season and yesterday's result and performance won't change that.

Levein was raging after the game and because of the depth he now has, heads will roll as a result.  I see folk are also moaning that it was kids who changed the game, surely it is a good thing that we have such talent in reserve.

There are positives already this season; Morrison looks a gem; Burns, Haring look like very good signings.

My advice, just ignore the bed wetter she and get behind the club.

What give you the impression that our squad has the ability over a season to finish above Hibs or Aberdeen. 

I’d love to know the answer to that one.

Not a pantwetter but yesterday showed me that things have not moved on from last season. No pace, no creativity, ponderous build up play, no movement from the forwards. 

If CL was raging, why did he leave Edwards on the bench. Why change the formation from Wednesday. If he thinks Mulraney or Smith are wing backs, he clearly has lost it. Burns and Morrison would be better used as wing backs, anyone can see that. Mulraney has no defensive capability whatsoever. The chance Raith missed in the first half and playing their man on at the goal shows that. 

I’ll back the club like I have done for the last 40 plus years but sorry there is no way that we are finishing higher than 5th with this team.

Part of the problem on here is that we're always going to be one poor performance away from outrage.  Yesterday was grim by all accounts, but if it hadn't been for the ref, we would have won despite an awful performance.  These players still need to gel, and there will undoubtedly be more poor games on the way.

By the light
21 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What give you the impression that our squad has the ability over a season to finish above Hibs or Aberdeen. 

Not a pantwetter but yesterday showed me that things have not moved on from last season. No pace, no creativity, ponderous build up play, no movement from the forwards. 

If CL was raging, why did he leave Edwards on the bench. Why change the formation from Wednesday. If he thinks Mulraney or Smith are wing backs, he clearly has lost it. Burns and Morrison would be better used as wing backs, anyone can see that. Mulraney has no defensive capability whatsoever. The chance Raith missed in the first half and playing their man on at the goal shows that. 

I’ll back the club like I have done for the last 40 plus years but sorry there is no way that we are finishing higher than 5th with this team.

I agree with a lot of this, particularly lack of movement and creativity up top. Lafferty did well on the goal scoring front last year but I think his general play and mobility was pretty average. If he’s going to play that role we need someone buzzing about him to drag defenders all over the place. We’re so one dimensional and easy to defend against at times. Nobody tries to run the channels or get in behind.

I do however think Hibs and Aberdeen will be poorer next season and our results against them last year showed the gap isn’t that big. Where we do struggle is to breakdown the teams who sit in against us. 

All Out Attack

The optimism on here pre-season was way over the top, as usual. 

Sooner or later, a certain section on here are going to realise that our manager is the underlying problem and until we fix this issue, we will not fulfil our potential. Our tactics are prehistoric and we don't adapt quickly enough to events on the pitch. 

What I find really annoying is that, rather than sign the dozen or so wannabes that we did,  we could have signed 4 or 5 with a pedegree or real potential. I'm sure 2 or 3 will turn out really good, but that is a pretty poor success rate. 

Was not optimistic with Levein and his cronies still here and its disappointing that it will once again take a prolonged collapse, to convince some on here, that we can do better. 

The football side of our club is broken. 

heartandsoul
7 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Sooner or later, a certain section on here are going to realise that our manager is the underlying problem and until we fix this issue, we will not fulfil our potential. Our tactics are prehistoric and we don't adapt quickly enough to events on the pitch. 

What I find really annoying is that, rather than sign the dozen or so wannabes that we did,  we could have signed 4 or 5 with a pedegree or real potential. I'm sure 2 or 3 will turn out really good, but that is a pretty poor success rate. 

Was not optimistic with Levein and his cronies still here and its disappointing that it will once again take a prolonged collapse, to convince some on here, that we can do better. 

This.

By the light
2 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I’m going to bite but who are the 4 or 5 players of pedigree we should have signed given our wage budget? Who was available and where were we getting the 10k a week to sign them?

Fed up hearing this nonsense of 4 or 5 proven quality signings. Teams outside the Old firm cant compete with Sunderland and Salford for wages, the sooner this goes in to people’s heads the better. We have no option but to take punts on players. 

Still think we are going to have a far better season than last. Early days and it takes a little time in competitive matches for a team with so many new comers to gel properly. There were quite a few positives to take away from yesterday's match.  

This place is full of drama queens and trolls just now and it didn't take long for them to appear.

Alex Kintner
35 minutes ago, Haken said:

Part of the problem on here is that we're always going to be one poor performance away from outrage. 

That’s it in an absolute nutshell. After every poor result every thread becomes dominated with over-reactionary posts by the same posters:

-those who hate Levein

-those who have unrealistic expectations

The sheer volume of these posts means the more balanced posts by fans who are disappointed with the result but can still retain a sense of perspective get buried. Posters who understand that every team has poor results and don’t write off players based on one performance.

One thing I’ve learned is there’s no point in trying to engage with the former, especially immediately after the match when their rage is at its hottest. Best to leave them to it. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit early in the morning for the usual aneurysms, isn't it?

Too much coffee perhaps !

In saying that, regardless of what happens on Monday, failure to win our two remaining games, on a surface you could play snooker on, will result in serious questions being asked. 

Quite rightly too, imo.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit early in the morning for the usual aneurysms, isn't it?

Hard to sleep with soaking underwear and high blood pressure. 

19 minutes ago, By the light said:

I’m going to bite but who are the 4 or 5 players of pedigree we should have signed given our wage budget? Who was available and where were we getting the 10k a week to sign them?

Fed up hearing this nonsense of 4 or 5 proven quality signings. Teams outside the Old firm cant compete with Sunderland and Salford for wages, the sooner this goes in to people’s heads the better. We have no option but to take punts on players. 

I'll guess his response will be something along the lines of, it's not my job to identify the players. 

He's loving the fact that we dropped points yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Too much coffee perhaps !

In saying that, regardless of what happens on Monday, failure to win our two remaining games, on a surface you could play snooker on, will result in serious questions being asked. 

Quite rightly too, imo.

Agreed - and they have to win the games well. Scraping home by the odd goal would not be acceptable given the opposition.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

We have the measure of Aberdeen now and Hibs won't lay a glove on us.

There is much, much more to come from this squad and one pish performance doesn't change that.  Levein will have learned a lot about his players yesterday.

peebles jambo

After watching yesterdays game, same old horror show as last season ,just with a different cast, don't think much will change , I really hope I'm proved wrong,HHGH

17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Still think we are going to have a far better season than last. Early days and it takes a little time in competitive matches for a team with so many new comers to gel properly. There were quite a few positives to take away from yesterday's match.  

This place is full of drama queens and trolls just now and it didn't take long for them to appear.

The manager has still to find his strongest team because of all the comings and goings from last season.

Still should have enough to beat Raith Rovers though which we would have but for a dodgy referee.

On your point about trolls I see that AOA now has his accomplice back you know the other one who wanted Hibs to beat us. Not a word since April and back now.

Enzo Chiefo
33 minutes ago, By the light said:

Stevie Mallan? Scotland U21 international and a great set piece taker. If Hibs can afford him surely we could too no?