Match Ratings v Raith

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Zlamal - 6 - Ok. Pity his defence didn't listen to his shouts.

Smith - 7 - Bonus points for a screamer of a strike. Otherwise he was below par.

Mulraney - 4 - Awful. At fault for the goal and couldn't cross the road.

Souttar - 5 - Didn't look comfortable in the back 3

Haring - 5 - Best contributions were going forward and yet he missed two free headers

Berra - 5 - Possibly his worst game since coming back. He looked troubled anytime he was on the ball or challenging for it.

Bozanic - 4 - Not sure what he contributed but whatever it was, it didn't leave a lasting impression

Lee - 4 - See Bozanic

Lafferty - 4 - Looked as slow as a week in the jail and went off injured. The fact we were better with him off the pitch says a lot

Naismith - 5 - Was actually better without Lafferty and when we went to 4 at the back as he drifted into positions to get onto the ball

Burns - 7 - MoM. Never let the head drop, stayed hungry and generally maintained possession. He's a good find.

Subs:

Keena - 5 - Offered more than Lafferty

Morrison - 5 - Few good runs stretched the Raith defence. Crossing wasn't the best though.

McDonald - 5 - Should have been on earlier. Had the vision to unlock their defence.

Zlamal - 5

Smith - 4 Poor performance. Good Goal

Souttar - 5

Berra - 3 Worst I have seen from Him

Haring- 2 Awful

Mulraney- 6 Only player to dribble with the ball in the first half, poor end product 

Burns - 2 Awful never passes forward too slow

Bozanic - 2 Same as Burns

Lee- 3 Slow Poor from him

Lafferty- 2 Never in the game

Naismith- 5 Tryed but nothing came off 

Keena- 6 Promising 

Morrison-8 MOTM Excellent 

Mcdonald -7 Much better than what we had on

19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Smith - 7 - Bonus points for a screamer of a strike. Otherwise he was below par.

Haring - 5 - Best contributions were going forward and yet he missed two free headers

Berra - 5 - Possibly his worst game since coming back. He looked troubled anytime he was on the ball or challenging for it.

Bozanic - 4 - Not sure what he contributed but whatever it was, it didn't leave a lasting impression

Lee - 4 - See Bozanic

Lafferty - 4 - Looked as slow as a week in the jail and went off injured. The fact we were better with him off the pitch says a lot

Naismith - 5 - Was actually better without Lafferty and when we went to 4 at the back as he drifted into positions to get onto the ball

Burns - 7 - MoM. Never let the head drop, stayed hungry and generally maintained possession. He's a good find.

Subs:

Morrison - 5 - Few good runs stretched the Raith defence. Crossing wasn't the best though.

McDonald - 5 - Should have been on earlier. Had the vision to unlock their defence.

Agree with these, though I'd legitimately drop Mulraney down another point as his performance was brutal today. 

rudi must stay

For me

Zlamal - 6 no chance with the goal. Good saves in the penalties too

Haring - 7 like the look of him. Good tempo passing and a bit of urgency throughout, always wanted the ball too

Berra - MOTM 8 a few shaky moments but I felt he did alot right and cut out some dangerous moves for them well

Souttar - 6 defensively he did fine. Good penalty as well

Bozanic - 6 he looked ok. He has a terrific passing range

Lee - 6 did some good things. But he didn't control the midfield like I thought would.

Burns - 7 I can see him improving rapidly here. Great set pieces and great energy

Smith - 6 quality strike. He redeemed himself and I do think we could get a better right back

Mulraney - 7 looks a good footballer. A bit more confidence I think he could be very good

Naismith - 7 I think he had a good game. Made some good runs and was just waiting for that killer pass. I hope our wingers and creative midfielders can improve as he is still an excellent footballer

Lafferty - 5 just a bad day at the office. Bad choices and really he missed a sitter for him

Subs 

Morrison - 7 looked excellent the whole time he was on

Keena - 6 caused them a few problems. Some nice footwork

McDonald - 6 nice wee flick into Smith and he looked direct and energetic

gashauskis9

Smith, Morrison, McDonald and Burns showed urgency and determination.  The rest, Zlamal exempted, can gtf after that performance.  Embarrassing.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

For me

Haring - 7 like the look of him. Good tempo passing and a bit of urgency throughout, always wanted the ball too

Berra - MOTM 8 a few shaky moments but I felt he did alot right and cut out some dangerous moves for them well

Lee - 6 did some good things. But he didn't control the midfield like I thought would.

Burns - 7 I can see him improving rapidly here. Great set pieces and great energy

Smith - 6 quality strike. He redeemed himself and I do think we could get a better right back

Mulraney - 7 looks a good footballer. A bit more confidence I think he could be very good

Naismith - 7 I think he had a good game. Made some good runs and was just waiting for that killer pass. I hope our wingers and creative midfielders can improve as he is still an excellent footballer

Lafferty - 5 just a bad day at the office. Bad choices and really he missed a sitter for him

Subs 

All but two 6s and 7s in a failure to beat a League One side . And the others an 8 and a 5? Augurs well!

30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Lee - 4 - See Bozanic

Subs:

Mulraney a 2 - never a left wing back and his end product is woeful (aka roadrunner) 

smith a 7 for goal

others who started  a collective 2 out of 10.

those who came on 7 out of 10 as it changed the game

Never seen the game but regards Mulraney how is a guy who couldn’t get a start for Inverness starting for us the last few games. 

Is this the the type of player to take us forward? 

Is there an alternative universe where we played them as well, we had a 8 for Berra and a 2 for burns! I honestly worry about some of our supporters 

Berra, Smith, Souttar. Lee, Bozanic, Naismith, Mulraney, McDonald , Keena 5s 

Zlamal, Haring, Burns, Morrison, 6 

lafferty 4 

Levein 5 waited to long to change it to a 4 at the back 

Zlamal - 6 - Looks mental. Swept up well. No chance with goal. Commanding.

Smith - 6 - Great strike. Tendency to hold on to the ball for too long still.

Mulraney - 4 - The goal is entirely down to him not attacking the forward pass then jogging back to play the goal scorer on. Has pace and nowt else on this evidence.

Souttar - 6 - Better than Berra

Haring - 5 - Should have scored

Berra - 5 - Seemed to struggle. Nothing wrong with his goal though

Bozanic - 5 - Got involved more than Lee

Lee - 4 - Hope this was just a fluke. Was looking forward to seeing what in impact he will make. Anonymous.

Lafferty - 5 - Slow. Unfit and disinterested. Again hope it's a fluke because we will need him

Naismith - 5 - Better later on and seems to play better without Lafferty, which is a concern.

Burns - 7 - Looks a find. Certainly not out of his depth.

Subs:

Keena - 4 - No service

Morrison - 5 - Gave us a bit of energy at least.

McDonald - 5 - Hope this Billy Big Baws chat is just that, chat because he looks like a player.

Levein - 5. Of those available I can understand the team selection but he needs to stress to these players that THAT level of performance is NEVER acceptable here.

MacDonald Jardine
16 minutes ago, theshed said:

Never seen the game but regards Mulraney how is a guy who couldn’t get a start for Inverness starting for us the last few games. 

Is this the the type of player to take us forward? 

No 

This will no doubt get pelters 

but Lafferty and Naismith may as well be wearing Rangers taps

their heart is not in Hearts imo and top earners

Cruyff Turn

Burns is the only player who gets a 7 out of 10 over the 90 minutes.

Bob Zlamel did little wrong. Haring, ok, solid enough. Same with Smith and got us back in it with a screamer. 

Morrison was good when he came on. 

The rest, 5 at best.

The youngsters seem to have more fight and energy than the more senior players. Lafferty needs dropped, yes top scorerer blah blah but literally contributes zero otherwise, havecseen that performance from him loads of times.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Zlamal - 5

Smith - 4 Poor performance. Good Goal

Souttar - 5

Berra - 3 Worst I have seen from Him

Haring- 2 Awful

Mulraney- 6 Only player to dribble with the ball in the first half, poor end product 

Bozanic - 2 Same as Burns

Lee- 3 Slow Poor from him

Lafferty- 2 Never in the game

Naismith- 5 Tryed but nothing came off 

Keena- 6 Promising 

Morrison-8 MOTM Excellent 

Mcdonald -7 Much better than what we had on

Good grief!!!

Jambof3tornado

Just back and those imposters deserve no more of my time today considering marks out of ten. Shocking display.

Lucky to scrape the draw.

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Good grief!!!

I suppose I was maybe a bit too positive on Mulraney and Naismith drop them down a rating each

Clerry Jambo
35 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

They were both awful

Famous 1874

All poor bar Haring, Morrison, Burns and Zlamal. Although the goalie looked like a bomb scare at times. Michael Smith scored a belter but was woeful apart from that. 

Bazzas right boot

Everyone a 6

Apart from-

Smith a 7 for the goal

Naismith 5 and Lafferty 4.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Slight over reaction. 

Both were poor., tho and imo the reason the team was toothless in the last third. 

6 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Slight over reaction. 

Both were poor., tho and imo the reason the team was toothless in the last third. 

Perhaps but they are probably our top two earners and I expect more

29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Burns is the only player who gets a 7 out of 10 over the 90 minutes.

Bob Zlamel did little wrong. Haring, ok, solid enough. Same with Smith and got us back in it with a screamer. 

Morrison was good when he came on. 

The rest, 5 at best.

This is where I am at, although I thought Morrison did stand out when he came on.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, JME said:

This is where I am at, although I thought Morrison did stand out when he came on.

Probably the most threatening player, well, he clearly was. 

burns at least ran his arse off despite not playing his best.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Probably the most threatening player, well, he clearly was. 

burns at least ran his arse off despite not playing his best.

He should get a chance to start on Wednesday in my opinion.

I must say it is quite worrying that all our best players from today would qualify for our under 20s if it was still about but I'm optimistic enough to chalk it down to a bad day at the office. The whole squad must show some desire in the coming games or that optimism will be well and truly gone.

Zlamal 6

Berra. 6   plenty dig as usual 

Haring. 6.   Looks reasonable in possession once in midfield. Caught out of position in defence at times.

Souttar. 6.  

------------------

Smith 5.   Great strike but otherwise hides. Safe, ordinary player who never busts a gut.

Bozanic.  6.   Puzzled as to why he got subbed. At least plays with energy and willingness.

Lee. 5.  Not too mobile, has touches but not involved enough.

Burns.  6.   As Bozanic but not much end product yet.

Mulraney 4.   Technically poor on the day, seems a bit soft. Holds back in tackles.

-----------

The Duke.  4.   Not at the races.

Naismith. 5.   Must show more given his quality. 

-------------

First look at Bozanic and Lee and they both looked dreadful tbh . 

Lee basically hid the whole game in a very influential position and Bozanic looked awful . 

Burns didn't really impress , same with Mulroney although his first 15 mins were decent . 

Goalkeepers distribution was far to slow and laboured in comparison to Big Jon . 

A truly awful performance with very little positives apart from a great goal from Smith . 

That allied to the debacle with the player registration is no where near good enough . We deserve so much better . 

jambos are go!

Very poor display overall. I would however say that in the first half Mulraney did show pace and crossing ability. Second half awful.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

First look at Bozanic and Lee and they both looked dreadful tbh . 

Lee basically hid the whole game in a very influential position and Bozanic looked awful . 

Burns didn't really impress , same with Mulroney although his first 15 mins were decent . 

Goalkeepers distribution was far to slow and laboured in comparison to Big Jon . 

A truly awful performance with very little positives apart from a great goal from Smith . 

That allied to the debacle with the player registration is no where near good enough . We deserve so much better . 

Correct about Lee....played within himself all game and will collect no platitudes from me on the back of that. A cup tie today...players need to step up for every cup tie, not hide.....he hid all game 3/10!

grumpy rebus
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Lee - 4 - See Bozanic

Subs:

Pretty much agree with this but +1 for Morrison and -1 for Lafferty, he really looked disinterested and barely fit. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

:lol:

Cruyff Turn
32 minutes ago, JME said:

He should get a chance to start on Wednesday in my opinion.

I must say it is quite worrying that all our best players from today would qualify for our under 20s if it was still about but I'm optimistic enough to chalk it down to a bad day at the office. The whole squad must show some desire in the coming games or that optimism will be well and truly gone.

Levein had a wee pop at his senior players in his post match comments saying as much. 

Nessjambo67

I know it’s all about opinions and everything and I like to read how players were especially if I like many others were not at the game but my goodness Berra is. MoM Berra is awful Burns is great Burns is poor same as Jake M . Who do you believe ??

HillmanHearts
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

For me

Subs 

Love your enthusiasm, and no disrespect intended,   but realy think your marks are very high for what was a really poor performance. 

Ollly Lee a six ? Never seen him after the 10th minute until he missed the pen !

Sexton Hardcastle

Mulraney doesn’t look cutout for this level. And that was a league 1 side today. 

Hope he proves otherwise.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Love your enthusiasm, and no disrespect intended,   but realy think your marks are very high for what was a really poor performance. 

Ollly Lee a six ? Never seen him after the 10th minute until he missed the pen !

Ye I'd give him a 5 actually thinking about it . Neither him or Bozanic seemed to be up for the battle in 50/50's although Bozanic was a bit more involved

Souttar - 6

Bozanic - 6

Lee - 5

Maroon tinted glasses 2

It seems that the majority of the players had an off day today which can happen but its early on so I won't start judging already. I only hope this isn't going to be a continuation of our brutal away form over the last two seasons though. 

The pitch today was really bad and a great advert of why they shouldn't be allowed in professional games as the bounce was dulled and each pass was painful to watch as it was like kicking a ball through custard. 

My biggest concern is that we still seem to lack pace up front and although we do seem well set for set pieces ect I would still like to see a bit of bite through the middle of attack if needed. 

24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Levein had a wee pop at his senior players in his post match comments saying as much. 

I thought that was a bit cheeky as whilst they were bad the up turn also coincided with him ditching his formation which was a joke against such lowly opposition which he just glossed over.

Credit for changing it but he could have acknowledged he got the starting formation long.

Edited by Taffin

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Today emphasised how important Cochrane will be again this season.

I don’t think the problem was centre mid, I think we had too many players in centre mid, and should have played 3-4-3 rather than 3-5-2, as play in the final 3rd and wide areas was woeful. 

Regular John

We clearly needed more depth in centre midfield with us relying so much on the likes of Cochrane last season, however Bozanic and Lee look nowhere near the calibre we already have.

Haring looks like a diet Augustyn, not that impressed and the keeper looks like he should be playing for a pub team, doesn't look at all comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Overall only the boy Burns impressed for me, the rest look absolute gash.

Edited by Regular John

For some reason I don’t think Naismith and Lafferty click. They very rarely combine successfully which is a major problem. I’d say Lafferty needs left out on Tuesday after today’s non-performance. Time to try other pairings up top.

Zlamal - 6 didn’t have anything to do for 90 minutes 

smith - 4 gets a plus one for the goal apart from that didn’t even know he was playing for the 1st 70 minutes

mulraney - 5 hope he just needs more confidence because he was terrible today, is not a LWB and couldn’t cross his fingers constantly lost his man (see cove rangers goal).

Berra harring soutar  - 6 poor were against one striker and still struggled some of the passes were beyond bad hope it’s just lacking match sharpness

lee bozniac - 5 anonymous really struggled against journeymen midfielders totally out worked

burns - 7 tried his best and when moved to the left put in some decent crosses

naismith - 5 poor when up top with lafferty then started dropping deeper and deeper

lafferty - 5 don’t know if he was genuinely injured/unfit or couldn’t be bothered but was pretty poor

Cruyff Turn
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I thought that was a bit cheeky as whilst they were bad the up turn also coincided with him ditching his formation which was a joke against such lowly opposition which he just glossed over.

Credit for changing it but he could have acknowledged he got the starting formation long.

He could have played it differently, could have kept Morrison in from the start because we created nothing down the right in the first half, but I don't know what they've been working on as it clearly wasn't working today. Lee and Bozanic were poor, you'd think they'd have the ability to create through the middle. Naismith was shite, Lafferty was dug piss, maybe he was right to call them out but the way we played probably did effect everyone until the change, which was a bit late in the day. 

it'll be interesting to see if he preserve s with 3 at the back of scraps it and plays with 4.