The last ten minutes

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

The last ten minutes we were outstanding and showed a lot of promise after the shit before. Especially Burns, Naismith, Morrison and Smith.

Ninety minutes of that on Tuesday please.

Too little too late against a league 1 side unfortunately.  After 400 signings it looks like the youngsters and the players who are already at the club are the thing there is to cling on to.  Playing Steven McLean against Cove instead of keeping him for today is mental too. 

Wow. 10mins? Against part-timers. Great.

Pity we were shite for 80mins before it.

Same crap away from home under this chump yet folk will still accept. Loser mentality.

We only got into the game after bringing the young players on which is concerning given we can't rely on them over the course of a whole season. 

It was the same old rubbish for most of the game and 1 or 2 of the new players were honking. 

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, Faron90 said:

thought it was a shocking performance . lee was the biggest disappointment ad expected better from him for some reason 

Completely agree, but enough quality at the end not to be completely outraged.

tartofmidlothian
Just now, amadjambo said:

Much better team when playing a back 4 as we did in the last 10 min.

I thought that's what happened. 3-5-2 can **** off.

It was also because Raith were blowing out their arses. We are pedestrian and I was so optimistic after the friendlies, but I am worried now. We just don’t have the game changers to change a game. If Kyle is having a bad day you are reliant on something else happening.

Poorest I’ve seen Olly Lee, we have to find the right balance in midfield. Morrison was good, he has what we need, pace.

Cruyff Turn

Wouldn't go as far as outstanding. Better than the first 70 perhaps. Raith were knackered at that point.

Still not enough quality about us. An unacceptable performance, Cathroesq.

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Same crap away from home under this chump yet folk will still accept. Loser mentality.

:facepalm:

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wouldn't go as far as outstanding. Better than the first 70 perhaps. Raith were knackered at that point.

Still not enough quality about us. An unacceptable performance, Cathroesq.

I agree, but the end of the match showed we're not a lost cause and that there's quality in the team. That would have been one of the worst Hearts performance I've seen otherwise.

It was still mostly pish, but without the threat of a 3-0 at this meeting on Monday five points after two games wouldn't be a disaster.

wattie exploited

what a load of crap again 80 mins of piss nothing new here then same old shit away from home not a proper shot on goal in the first half really pure !!!!

HEARTS FOREVER

Absolutely piss poor performance.

Levein can't seem to get a team up for a game at all. It's all tippy happy crap with no penetration. 

I think we need to have a wage bonus when we go and get first goal.

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

Christ almighty.

We were playing a League One team who were defending deep while we chucked balls into the mixer. There was absolutely nothing special about it whatsoever.

Phil Dunphy

It’s undeniable that we improved when Morrison came on and we reverted to a flat back four. 

I don’t like the 3-5-1-1 or whatever we started with today. Makes us narrow. 

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s undeniable that we improved when Morrison came on and we reverted to a flat back four. 

I don’t like the 3-5-1-1 or whatever we started with today. Makes us narrow. 

I hope Levein takes note. For a lot of the match Berra was playing in the left back space and looked isolated.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Phil Dunphy
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

I hope Levein takes note. For a lot of the match Berra was playing left back and looked isolated.

In that three, both Berra and Souttar had a very poor day at the office. Smith struggled with no-one in front of him, but improved when he had a wide man to help him. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Good effort trying to be positive however you are swimming against a tide of negative energy. I wasn’t sure how things would go this season with the signings and the questionable level of some of the inbound players,  but that performance there is not a good sign at all... so far, not good. 

Cruyff Turn
12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I agree, but the end of the match showed we're not a lost cause and that there's quality in the team. That would have been one of the worst Hearts performance I've seen otherwise.

It was still mostly pish, but without the threat of a 3-0 at this meeting on Monday five points after two games wouldn't be a disaster.

They fought back, showed character definitely, Berra, Smith, Burns and Morrison when he came on were the ones pushing us on. 

i think they knew that if we didn't get back into it, that was us potentially out.

I don't think every player had a bad game, some definitely did. I think CL tactics were awful. You don't play 3 at the back vs 1 striker. Until we changed to 4 at the back we were humpty. 

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Christ almighty.

We were playing a League One team who were defending deep while we chucked balls into the mixer. There was absolutely nothing special about it whatsoever.

Yes there was.

A beautiful standing peg strike from Michael Smith

Who I totally wrote ogg on another thread prior to kick off. :oops:

One of those games, you quickly forget if the ref doesn't **** us over with a ridiculous late decision.

We all know that both cup games so far have been disappointing.  Not the performance level expected or required.

We need to see an improvement soon or its time up for CL.

57 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Im as mad as anyone but to pick you up on missinfo....Raith are not part-time...just keeping you right ?

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The last ten minutes we were outstanding and showed a lot of promise after the shit before. Especially Burns, Naismith, Morrison and Smith.

Outstanding ?

nut

they ran out of legs and we appeared to look a bit better

Edited by Escobar PHM

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We all know that both cup games so far have been disappointing.  Not the performance level expected or required.

We need to see an improvement soon or its time up for CL.

Time up already me thinks

We cannot start playing games in the 80th minute when we're a goal down. Where was the urgency prior to this? We should have won the game but nowhere near good enough. Early days though it is I'm concerned already

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We look ****ing clueless away from home. More of the same from last season I suppose. Smith's lucky strike saved us from embarrassment. Hopeful long shots and crosses into the mixer. Shite.

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Im as mad as anyone but to pick you up on missinfo....Raith are not part-time...just keeping you right ?

I'll be honest, I thought they's remained full-time but my mate, who works on security for them, told me they were part-time so I went with that.

:D

MacDonald Jardine
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We cannot start playing games in the 80th minute when we're a goal down. Where was the urgency prior to this? We should have won the game but nowhere near good enough. Early days though it is I'm concerned already

Yep. Me too.

That was abysmal. 

Bridge of Djoum

Same posters saying the same things across several threads.

Pass the ****** Ambien.

sidjamesbottle
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

your having a laff the performance was awful

That pitch wasn't condusive for any sort of football and the stadium doesn't exactly inspire a performance either 

Although this is a competitive game and a competition we want to do well in, it's still really pre season as well 

Id expect to see a much more energetic and polished performance this week when they are playing on a real pitch in a real stadium 

Ayr jam tart

It's going to be a long season by the look of things we should be taking 3 or 4 of these teams this is Craig's signings so I think no improvement by Christmas he needs to go away performances have been honking for years psy to much attention to there set up instead of going for it

Escobar PHM
24 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

That pitch wasn't condusive for any sort of football and the stadium doesn't exactly inspire a performance either 

Although this is a competitive game and a competition we want to do well in, it's still really pre season as well 

Id expect to see a much more energetic and polished performance this week when they are playing on a real pitch in a real stadium 

So we can only perform where the stadium and the pitch suits us ? We can’t adapt to different conditions week to week ?

That was an altogether shocking performance and I have one player with pass marks. One !!

If that’s not a one off and this is where we are as a team, we are in serious trouble.

THIS IS NOT PRE SEASON

Edited by Escobar PHM

Escobar PHM
30 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Same posters saying the same things across several threads.

Pass the ****** Ambien.

What’s your opinion on today’s game. Or are you just restricted to giving an opinion about posters ?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

What’s your opinion on today’s game. Or are you just restricted to giving an opinion about posters ?

The latter.

Also, having already given my opinion on a separate thread, I see no need to repeat it across more. Kinda my point, though. Not too difficult to understand.

Edited by New York Fleapit

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

The latter.

Also, having already given my opinion on a separate thread, I see no need to repeat it across more. Kinda my point, though. Not too difficult to understand.

No. I understand completely what your angle is here. It’s what you do. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

In that three, both Berra and Souttar had a very poor day at the office. Smith struggled with no-one in front of him, but improved when he had a wide man to help him. 

Berra always looks much more comfortable in a back 4. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Switched to back 4 from back 3 , utterly horrendous up to that point 

No need for 3 centre backs against a shite team.

Wing backs couldnt get forward so should have gone to a back 4 earlier to allow us to control the midfield.

Pitch was crap.

Burns wasted playing where he was, why not play Lee beside Bozanic and put Edwards behind the strikers??

Poor display today and that includes the management.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

No. I understand completely what your angle is here. It’s what you do. 

Look at you understanding things! 

Go you!!!

#proud. (Sorry @Notts1874)

Edited by New York Fleapit

13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So we can only perform where the stadium and the pitch suits us ? We can’t adapt to different conditions week to week ?

That was an altogether shocking performance and I have one player with pass marks. One !!

If that’s not a one off and this is where we are as a team, we are in serious trouble.

THIS IS NOT PRE SEASON

Who was your pass mark too?

Bazzas right boot

The poorer side always tires in the last third or so. 

Also, after conceding teams take a mental hit, while the other team gains confidence. 

It's part of the game, no team will play like anything for the full 90. Good and bad spells, low/ high confidence and also physical and mental stain will show towards the end resulting in the better team getting on top over time. 

Dunno why this is a debate after most games, if only we had played like x for longer. 

Rarely happens apart from the very best teams. 

It's simple thinking. 

Escobar PHM
Just now, sadj said:

Who was your pass mark too?

I thought Morrison was decent. Not brilliant, just decent. Actually he was very  good at Cove and I don’t understand why he didn’t start today. No one else in the team comes away with any credit. 

colinmaroon

Pitch was nearly as crap as the referee!

We could be docked points and humped with a minus goal difference for an admin error!

Regardless of our performance, we won that game!

What penalty will that, at best incompetent Dooley have to pay for that decision?  I'll tell you, a hefty pat on the back from the Head of the Incompetents.

Scottish referee at the World Cup?  Not a chance and today we saw why.

colinmaroon
44 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

I'm sure of it but, let diarrhea dopplers have their day.

15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I thought Morrison was decent. Not brilliant, just decent. Actually he was very  good at Cove and I don’t understand why he didn’t start today. No one else in the team comes away with any credit. 

Morrison and McDonald did well , Burns was ok , Smith looked better after he went to RB , Lee didnt play aswell as he has been. Mulraney started on fire but drifted out the game and was at least partly to blame for their goal. I thought Berra looks uncomfortable on the left of the three at the back. The interplay today was non existant.