The last ten minutes

tartofmidlothian

Looked far better when we went to a flat back four. For me 3-5-2 just does not work in most games. 

Just now, XB52 said:

I can't see how anyone can play football on that pitch. The ball was bouncing 10/yards 

Agreed. It's high time the SFA got to grips with this issue. Some of these synthetic pitches kill the game.

2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The last ten minutes we were outstanding and showed a lot of promise after the shit before. Especially Burns, Naismith, Morrison and Smith.

Ninety minutes of that on Tuesday please.

I'm afraid it was more to do with the situation of the game.

We had to come alive at some point but at the moment it doesn't look like 2nd nature for us to play that way from the beginning of matches. 

Most teams react in any game anywhere in that scenario. There's a lot of convincing to be done in respect of changing our approach to games.

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

So we can only perform where the stadium and the pitch suits us ? We can’t adapt to different conditions week to week ?

That was an altogether shocking performance and I have one player with pass marks. One !!

If that’s not a one off and this is where we are as a team, we are in serious trouble.

THIS IS NOT PRE SEASON

Sorry but it's absolutely preseason,  these cup games have replaced the endless preseason friendlies we use to have against lower level teams(some of which we would lose)

I know these games are competitive and the cup is important but it doesn't detract from the fact these games are still about getting the players up to speed, bedding I'm new signings (an entire  team in our case) tweeking and doing all the things we would usually do pre season

And I'm sorry but that pitch absolutely had a baring on the game today,  it was absolutely brutal 

If they turn in a similar performance at tynie this week then I'd be worried 

rudi must stay

Would put it down to them being knackered, Chris Sutton mentioned that in the commentary. Really need to be less predictable in the final third, they knew we were crossing it every time 

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, sadj said:

Morrison and McDonald did well , Burns was ok , Smith looked better after he went to RB , Lee didnt play aswell as he has been. Mulraney started on fire but drifted out the game and was at least partly to blame for their goal. I thought Berra looks uncomfortable on the left of the three at the back. The interplay today was non existant. 

Thought burns was well out his depth but being out of position didnt help.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s undeniable that we improved when Morrison came on and we reverted to a flat back four. 

I don’t like the 3-5-1-1 or whatever we started with today. Makes us narrow. 

Yet  it didn’t against Cove.

Anyway. Shite performance, must improve - but a new team can’t gel in two games.

3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Wow. 10mins? Against part-timers. Great.

Pity we were shite for 80mins before it.

Same crap away from home under this chump yet folk will still accept. Loser mentality.

Raith aren’t part timers.

By the light
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

I can't see how anyone can play football on that pitch. The ball was bouncing 10/yards 

Could not agree more. Should all be ripped up

9 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Raith aren’t part timers.

Yes. I have already responded to that. 

That makes everything so much better.

?