£50 million for Richarlson

wanderer

If this transfer is indicative of what a "successful and marketable" league looks like with a big TV deal I personally would prefer the Scottish game to keep doing what it is doing. Sure it would  be great to have a bit more investment but I see what we are achieving with sound ownership and I am actually proud of our financial management. Richarlson had about 10 good games last season and then was bang average. If that is what £50 million gets you in the EPL then they are doomed. It would just be good if we could get them to pay some of that hyper-inflated money for our Scottish based players. Ultimately though, if this means some talented British players come up here to get their chance, then that is good for our game. I have a feeling Olly Lee will be brilliant, just like Demi last season. Player who are hungry to prove themselves will bring a lot to our club...

36 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's either Sky's fault or Craig Leveins, can't decide which. 

Can’t we blame both?

copa-mundial

£50 million for a striker that has went over 18 games without scoring. 

The EPL. The most fabricated and plastic league in the world. 

Get ready for more transfers like this. Definitely only the beginning of ridiculous fees being paid. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

Get ready for more transfers like this. Definitely only the beginning of ridiculous fees being paid. 

Its all about confidence. He seemed to do well under Silva last season, better than their new manager. He has something as a player, a tricky player to mark and he has a good shot on him. I'd say he's probably worth half that, but such is the money in that league it won't hurt Everton and it could hurt Watford

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Never heard of him.  

11 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Never heard of him

Same. Genuinely no idea who he is or who he played for last season.

merseyjambo

I’m not saying he’s worth 50m, but I will point out a couple of things

1. He started off last season really well when Silva was in charge at Watford. When Silva left his form dipped. Maybe he’s a player that needs a specific manager to get the best out of him.

2. After the debacle between Watford & Everton about Silva last season, Everton are probably having to pay a premium for him. Had that been another club in for him, I’m not sure that the price would have been 50m

chester copperpot

Richarlson was awful for the 2nd part of last season. If that's what the bin dippers are spending their hard cash on that's good for me.

Sexton Hardcastle

As always compare it to sandy Carroll fee of 35 odd million and it seems ok.

Teams like Everton/Bournemouth/West Ham if relegated would be out of business overnight. Such is the state of the epl.

And palace reckon Zaha is worth 70m. Bonkers those boys.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

As always compare it to sandy Carroll fee of 35 odd million and it seems ok.

Teams like Everton/Bournemouth/West Ham if relegated would be out of business overnight. Such is the state of the epl.

And palace reckon Zaha is worth 70m. Bonkers those boys.

One man team at times last season. He probably is

When a third choice goal keeper moves for £12.5m despite playing a season and a half so far in his career at the age of 25 then games up.

One of the top 20 most expensive keepers ever but played 4 premier league games. 

I’ll raise you £5m for Waghorn... Crazy fees iin England for ordinary players

Edited by MMHearts

Never heard of him. I boycotted epl last season (including motd) and never missed it at all.

Edited by JackLadd

brunoatemyhamster

Probably a bit of compo thrown into that £50mil just the same as Chelsea signing Jorginho. Just to make the tapping all better.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Never heard of him. I boycotted epl last season (including motd) and never missed it at all.

''Boycotted''? Or just didn't bother watching?

3 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Correct there like Oasis actually think there better than they are  lol

Edited by andi17

No Nonsense

Ridiculous. I will rejoice when this bubble bursts. He looked a good young player for a spell at the start of last season but that is it.

Said it before, the sooner that league goes tits up the better. Sadly thanks to overseas sales it’s not happening.

actually disgusting the money down there. I’ll not complain however if CP goes for £300million (which isn’t far fetched given this boy went for £50million)