FOYLE CUP

reaths17

Hector Riva

Cool. I was just about to ask how they got on today. Well done Under 16s 

Edited by Hector Riva

Cruyff Turn

Fantastic stuff. 

Remember the 'milk cup' being the big tourney at this age, sure we got to the finals of that once. The foyle cup is quite a prestigious tournament. Very good achievement to reach the semis.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Hate to be negative but it means nothing really.

Hearts have always done well in these tourneys as far back as I can remember. 

Silverware still rare as it shouldn’t be at first team level. 

17 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fantastic stuff. 

Remember the 'milk cup' being the big tourney at this age, sure we got to the finals of that once. The foyle cup is quite a prestigious tournament. Very good achievement to reach the semis.

not entered the milk cup this year, it's now called "super cup NI"

Partick Th

St Johnstone

Celtic

Sevco from scotland, lotta big clubs in that.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

not entered the milk cup this year, it's now called "super cup NI"

Partick Th

St Johnstone

Celtic

Sevco from scotland, lotta big clubs in that.

There certainly used to be, think we've won it a couple of times and reached the finals at different age groups a few times, beaten by Giggs, Neville, Butt & Scholesys lot in 91 v Man Utd, beaten by Racing Club of Argentina, we beat Russia in the final once! :laugh:

An old classmate of mine has started coaching the u16s. He’s not over there at the minute but says they are a great bunch of kids.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Hate to be negative but it means nothing really.

Hearts have always done well in these tourneys as far back as I can remember. 

Silverware still rare as it shouldn’t be at first team level. 

Means something to the boys, their coaches and their parents. 

It matters. 

"Made up of mostly 2003s, as well as some 2004s and a 2005, the U16s have faced older opponents in the 2002 age bracket."

We always seem to be pushing young laddies on ahead of their age groups, nice to see we have the faith and that it still brings success.

A 3 year age gap is a fair gulf at that level

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

"Made up of mostly 2003s, as well as some 2004s and a 2005, the U16s have faced older opponents in the 2002 age bracket."

We always seem to be pushing young laddies on ahead of their age groups, nice to see we have the faith and that it still brings success.

A 3 year age gap is a fair gulf at that level

They should have the ability to make up at least a year against what are mainly boys clubs in the Foyle Cup.

It would be like Hearts U15s taking on Tynecastle U16s. Those sort of friendly matches are sometimes played at Riccarton.

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Who is the lad back row far right? Built like a tank for that age

Leon Watson. He's a very good prospect. Can play left back, centre back, wing back.

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Leon Watson. He's a very good prospect. Can play left back, centre back, wing back.

FF was wondering if during your jaunts to watch the youth teams, you had heard of a kid called Leo Harris ,he's my ex's nephew, think he's ten or eleven years old, I don't speak to her much but still interested in how he's getting on? 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

FF was wondering if during your jaunts to watch the youth teams, you had heard of a kid called Leo Harris ,he's my ex's nephew, think he's ten or eleven years old, I don't speak to her much but still interested in how he's getting on? 

It's not a name I've come across before. That could be because of his age. I start watching the games from U11 up, but only begin to recognise the kids by name or face a year or two later, and even then it's the more talented kids that you tend to focus on.

I have a list of players up to the 2008s from last season, but Leo isn't among them either as a 2008 or a 2007.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And a handsome bunch of guys looking at that photo..

Fibber:laugh:.

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And a handsome bunch of guys looking at that photo..

:D

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That makes a combined aggregate score of 24-2 in the 5 matches played - impressive!

46 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

on a side note Morgan is that pic of Robbo when his lob hit the bar in the Cup Final ?

It is indeed!

4 hours ago, cookieboy said:

on a side note Morgan is that pic of Robbo when his lob hit the bar in the Cup Final ?

Is that the 4-3 final you refer to?  If so or otherwise, what happened?  What was the score at the time?

maroonsgotop
10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is that the 4-3 final you refer to?  If so or otherwise, what happened?  What was the score at the time?

looks like the '86 final against Aberdeen

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts have the final scorers

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6819

Given that the team was already facing opposition a year older (b 2002) against Hearts mainly 2003s, it is good to see that the scores included Callum Hambrook who is only 13 having been born in 2005. One to watch.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Heard he's Venezuelan

His dad might be but he was born in Fife (or at least there is a Mackenzie Ramos birth registered in Dunfermline in 2003.)

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Jay king any relation to Billy and Adam?

No, although their brother Robbie is/was part of the same team as Jay. (I haven't seen Robbie play in the last couple of months so he might be injured or have left)

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

No, although their brother Robbie is/was part of the same team as Jay. (I haven't seen Robbie play in the last couple of months so he might be injured or have left)

Thanks FF. Any these boys from The performance schools?

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, MrB1to4 said:

Thanks FF. Any these boys from The performance schools?

I'm not sure to be honest. The only one I know about is Reece Hope (the blond haired lad in the photos) who I think is at Broughton HS.  Hearts are in the process of encouraging their best youngsters to go to Balerno HS where Hearts have established their own performance school.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 of those boys at the Balerno performance School.

Mac Ramos, Jay Charleston-King and a young lad called Macauley.

Jay being the pick of the squad being invoked in nearly every goal in the tournament either assist or scoring himself.

Macualey was the youngest at the tournament I believe.

Sepp's Bladder
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Given that the team was already facing opposition a year older (b 2002) against Hearts mainly 2003s, it is good to see that the scores included Callum Hambrook who is only 13 having been born in 2005. One to watch.

Noted. You never fail to inform/get the juices flowing for the future. I don't post much, but, without doubt - my vote for best poster! (Do still have a big love for the more deranged poster though)

Sepp's Bladder
Just now, Sepp's Bladder said:

Noted. You never fail to inform/get the juices flowing for the future. I don't post much, but, without doubt - my vote for best poster! (Do still have a big love for the more deranged poster though)

* people like the ant loving guy. Not so much the arses like... **Place name**. Anyway love all the jambos (some) im pished aff to bed!

Footballfirst
25 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

I enjoy watching the younger age groups as the really talented kids tend to stand out beyond their peers. However once they show promise, they are normally pushed on a year so don't stand out as much.  They still have that bit extra, but it is not as apparent playing against older opposition.  Callum, at the moment, is one to watch, but being so young it's still a guessing game about his future. 

Over the years I've thought that a few lads would make it from seeing them as 12/13/14year olds. Some made it like Jamie Walker, and Jason Holt, some made it then crashed and burned like Craig Thomson. Others didn't quite make it like like Fraser Mullen and Stephen Husband.  I still have one or two favorites at each age group but that is fairly typical for any squad. I think a couple of the older lads in that Foyle Cup squad have a chance, but no more than that at the moment. As has been pointed out by others Jay King stood out, as does Leon Watson. They are both a year away from getting a full time contracts, but this time next year I'd hope that they would get a chance to go full time along with the next crop.