• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

My take on the game was that Lafferty and Naismith had a bad game, the pitch sucked, didn’t suit the way we tried to play, and once we lost the opening goal Raith doubled down and defended like their life depended on it. The biggest worry was that our midfield couldn’t work out how to break them down but we all saw the same thing happen in the World Cup a team sits back with two banks of four, plays on the break and invites the other team to come at them. We have signed pretty much a whole new team and we are still in the pre-season period where we are figuring out the best players and formation, and the team is still getting to know each other, so we have to expect games like this. If we weren’t about to have 3 points deducted we would be in a fairly comfortable position and looking like qualifying.

12 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I am sick of  fans excuses for levien ,this has been going on for long enough , this is his season,no excuses, his team no one to blame but him if he does not better than last year bye bye no more to be said

He is on the clock big time. Hamilton is a huge game for him with Celtic up first home game. The people you talk of are already yet again changing their targets, moving their timescales, excusing what’s likely to be yet another pathetic league cup exit. It’s their MO season after season!!! Fortunately the hardcore support will be unprepared to allow this charade to continue much longer. 

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Whats a “strong league finish” for you Bauld? Because every time we have a setback and they’ve been regular and constant all I read on here is you and some others making excuse after excise after excuse. Moving the goalposts time and again, moving the timescales, lessening the objectives and frankly lowering any standards the 3rd biggest club in the country should be staining. It’s bewildering to be honest but each to their own I guess. 

Top 3 for me this season. 3rd being the place I expect. 2 being tremendous.

Hibs and Aberdeen won't make it easy but I expect us to come out on top. But we are behind them right now because they have established teams with loads of experience playing together, winning and losing together. I can only hope that when we do eventually hit our stride we are as good as I am predicting.

Rangers are throwing millions at players I expect them to finish second. 

Our midfield still needs to prove itself of course. But I have high hopes that Lee and Bozanic are good signings.

With the defence we have and the attacking options we have there are very little excuses left. Which is tremendous because we haven't even gotten close to our potential. We are still spending millions elsewhere that in the future will be spent on the team. 

I still have eyes on a few more years down the line.

10 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Whats a “strong league finish” for you Bauld? Because every time we have a setback and they’ve been regular and constant all I read on here is you and some others making excuse after excise after excuse. Moving the goalposts time and again, moving the timescales, lessening the objectives and frankly lowering any standards the 3rd biggest club in the country should be ataining. It’s bewildering to be honest but each to their own I guess. 

Good post.

People used to hate the " best of the rest" tag we pretty much dominated for a long time. But I didn't.

At least it was a base to build on. At least , while we chased the OF, we were better more often than Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd or whoever else was claiming they'd be in the running to be next best.  We batted them off.

Now, as time goes on, we are clinging onto those past standards. Time is diminishing our claim to use them as our driver as every 5th or 6th place finish doesn't convince others looking in. 

Some fans now want to talk as if finishing 5th or 6th is just a transition period, that we're a top 3 team in waiting.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. Nope. I’ve mever wanted Hibs to best Hearts. I was however prepared to lose a meaningless end of season derby IF (note the word IF, IF you are capable of such comprehension!) it meant the departure of the totally useless and serial losing manager! 

But give him time they cried AGAIN!!! And now we draw with Raith Rovers a must win game on the back of another HMFC fiasco! Another massive F in the long list of Levein FAILS. Keep backing him all you want, head in the sand, delusion. Brought in a bunch of journeymen nonentities that much is already clear. If a couple work out to be top 3/4 in the SPL qualify it will be a surprise. 

Of course. That's why you disappeared rather than hold your hands up after making a tit of yourself. Run along and listen to your Proclaimers playlist you total fraud!

I’ve no doubt that we will gradually improve but what on earth are we doing the last 2 pre seasons?! Not physically or technically ready for competitive matches and have totally struggled against the likes of Peterhead, Raith and non league Cove. 

14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Good post.

People used to hate the " best of the rest" tag we pretty much dominated for a long time. But I didn't.

At least it was a base to build on. At least , while we chased the OF, we were better more often than Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd or whoever else was claiming they'd be in the running to be next best.  We batted them off.

Now, as time goes on, we are clinging onto those past standards. Time is diminishing our claim to use them as our driver as every 5th or 6th place finish doesn't convince others looking in. 

Some fans now want to talk as if finishing 5th or 6th is just a transition period, that we're a top 3 team in waiting.  

I think we have finished 3rd or 2nd 8 times in the last 20 years. 

Aberdeen 6

Motherwell 4

Hibs 2

8 in 20 years though doesn't scream dominance and Aberdeen have been second for the last 4 seasons. 

Times have changed. The past is a nice memory but irrelevant in this situation.

Starting from this summer we need to make sure everything we do is geared towards consistency. 

Our turnover of players is shocking, the whole point of leveins role was that we didn't have to rip it up and start again when we needed a new manager.  

Just give us a fairly entertaining team to watch and a team that can get us towards the top end of the table.  The amount of money that's spent on this team over the past couple of years it's a disgrace how bad we are. 

32 minutes ago, magicTs said:

He is on the clock big time. Hamilton is a huge game for him with Celtic up first home game. The people you talk of are already yet again changing their targets, moving their timescales, excusing what’s likely to be yet another pathetic league cup exit. It’s their MO season after season!!! Fortunately the hardcore support will be unprepared to allow this charade to continue much longer. 

Whos the hardcore support? 

8 minutes ago, Mort said:

I’ve no doubt that we will gradually improve but what on earth are we doing the last 2 pre seasons?! Not physically or technically ready for competitive matches and have totally struggled against the likes of Peterhead, Raith and non league Cove. 

This year we are physically ready , technical skill you don’t get in preseason. But we have to gel the players. As I said before Wed we looked better , then myself and others explained a vital difference between Wed and today. Today was in no way acceptable but on the other hand without a possible deduction and a bad decision from the ref we could be 6 outta 6 and everything in our own hands whilst we get the team working well together.

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think we have finished 3rd or 2nd 8 times in the last 20 years. 

Aberdeen 6

Motherwell 4

Hibs 2

8 in 20 years though doesn't scream dominance and Aberdeen have been second for the last 4 seasons. 

Times have changed. The past is a nice memory but irrelevant in this situation.

Starting from this summer we need to make sure everything we do is geared towards consistency. 

Absolutely weve got some depth we have some quality as the infrastructure brings in better resources we need to be taking that stability and adding higher quality to go with the consistency.

5 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Our turnover of players is shocking, the whole point of leveins role was that we didn't have to rip it up and start again when we needed a new manager.  

Just give us a fairly entertaining team to watch and a team that can get us towards the top end of the table.  The amount of money that's spent on this team over the past couple of years it's a disgrace how bad we are. 

Yes it is and thats but we thought we were taking the club to the next level and it put us backwards. Now the bulk of what we need is in place so its on the management team to deliver. Not sure if you went Wednesday or caught the last 15/20mins today but if we can play like that moving forward we will do ok. IF!! I would bet a large percentage of those that watched the first 60/65mins on wed will feel that was one of the most enjoyable Hearts performances for a good while. Talk is talk though. We need to put markers down on the pitch and do it. Hopefully we will. 

maroonexile
6 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

What was your favorite moment on 19/05/2012?

Tough one. 

Rudi with the cup perhaps, but Gowser’s goal was the ‘one’ if you will.

Could you be a bit clearer on what you are trying to insinuate? If you fancy a chat about the 19th before the Cowden game I’d be more than happy to buy you a pint.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The link up play was better on Wednesday for one reason, and it was a reason that impacted on both sides. It was a relatively simple thing which had a huge impact. Two wide players capable of running at defenders. By having a man wide on each touchline the impact is instant as the opposition have to spread both their back four and midfield players in a similar manner to cover the various options available for attacking. Today there was effectively no width at all, as Raith doubled up on Mulraney, blocking the left side and there was nothing on the right. As a result they were able to keep their defensive and midifled players much tighter effectively operating in are of the pitch about the width of the penalty area. If we had tried something new on Wednesday and it didn't work I'd have had no prolems with us trying to tweak in some other way today, to try and get it right. But when you try something on a Wednesday and it works really well, for both the wide and the midfield players why the feck would anyone consider changing it. Someone somewhere above mentioned most of the balls forward today were coming from Souttar and Berra, and they were right in saying that. And the reason why we kept reverting to humping it up the park today was down to have no wide players and the midfield not having the space needed to take the ball and use it constructively. You don't need to be Sir Alex fecking Ferguson to see it, all it requires is to have someone standing on the side of the park who can see everything that the people in the stands can see. There is no other way of putting it other than to say we fecked up big style today, and there was no reason for it to happen. Fair enough if there had been an injury meaning a change of style. But Morriosn was fit and when he came on in the 2nd half and we had two wider men for a period we looked much better.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Tough one. 

Could you be a bit clearer on what you are trying to insinuate? If you fancy a chat about the 19th before the Cowden game I’d be more than happy to buy you a pint.

Gowsers and Barrs celebrations were pretty outstanding ??

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, sadj said:

He can yes , but he did along with a couple of others say he hoped hibs beat us in the last derby. No matter how its dressed up ie to get rid of a manager its just not acceptable for a Hearts fan to ever want Hibs to beat us

Nearly as bad as wanting Hibs to win the cup.

I hate the way social media factionates the Hearts support.

Same with every club I guess.

We will never be successful playing 3 at the back, very few teams ever are and it’s easy to play against and to isolate defenders in to areas where they are uncomfortable. Eg Berra in to left back area and play down the side .

Today was simply awful against probably the worst Raith Rovers team of the last 30 years.

MId table mediocrity is the best we can hope for if today is anything to go by.

I really had high hopes but not so now, I would far rather we played a straight forward 442 set out our stall, this is what we do and we are good at it style and you can try to compete with us like Leicester 2 years ago. Predictable but good at it .

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Oh theres no defending todays performance i said earlier it was night and day to wednesday for some reason. I went into today confident on the back of what I saw on Wednesday. We did not perform until the 70th minute today and had we of played as we did the last 15/20 then wed of won at a canter. Levein said himself if Berras goal had counted then it would of only papered over the cracks. 

This is how I feel. Wednesday and some of the pre season stuff are the current saving graces and the point of hope that we can do better.

Our senior players let us and themselves down today. We were pedestrian, lacking invention, movement or desire. Even supporting our wing backs with one-twos, or the quick pass/move stuff disappeared completely.

I'm the eternal optimist in our group but I struggled with today. I'm against booing our own players but today we should have, and the last 15 minutes shouldn't have redeemed them from the 75 minutes that went before.

The final two games will have to be dramatic improvements or CL will find himself with a huge uphill struggle to get fans back on board for the league season. I like what he's said post-match but that needs to translate into improvements on the pitch.

It's hard not to think what someone like Steve Clarke would be getting out of this squad.

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

This year we are physically ready , technical skill you don’t get in preseason. But we have to gel the players. As I said before Wed we looked better , then myself and others explained a vital difference between Wed and today. Today was in no way acceptable but on the other hand without a possible deduction and a bad decision from the ref we could be 6 outta 6 and everything in our own hands whilst we get the team working well together.

Absolutely weve got some depth we have some quality as the infrastructure brings in better resources we need to be taking that stability and adding higher quality to go with the consistency.

Yes it is and thats but we thought we were taking the club to the next level and it put us backwards. Now the bulk of what we need is in place so its on the management team to deliver. Not sure if you went Wednesday or caught the last 15/20mins today but if we can play like that moving forward we will do ok. IF!! I would bet a large percentage of those that watched the first 60/65mins on wed will feel that was one of the most enjoyable Hearts performances for a good while. Talk is talk though. We need to put markers down on the pitch and do it. Hopefully we will. 

Of course you practice technical skills in pre season, we looked very rusty in that department when we should be playing these teams off the park. Unregistered players and refereeing decisions aside, I would expect to take several goals off both cove and raith.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

And I feel Djoum returning will be massive for the team as he’s the one bit of r6eal quality we have in midfield.

When Djoum turns up he is one of the best footballers in this league. If he could play at anywhere near his best for thirty games a season he could play anywhere and for anyone.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Nearly as bad as wanting Hibs to win the cup.

I hate the way social media factionates the Hearts support.

Same with every club I guess.

Indeed all teams fans have polar opposite thoughts and positions. Motherwell threads were apparently seething at Robinson not adding depth upfront and not addressing needs this summer following their loss to Stranraer today on pens.

social media allows anyone who can press a button to have an opinion and voice it be it a position of knowledge or one from someone who has the iq of a stone and are are articulate as a sledgehammer. Its never going to be an all inclusive position. 

I dont agree with any Hearts fan ever wanting Hibs to win a game let alone a cup in all my years iv never stopped taking joy when they lose and never will.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed all teams fans have polar opposite thoughts and positions. Motherwell threads were apparently seething at Robinson not adding depth upfront and not addressing needs this summer following their loss to Stranraer today on pens.

social media allows anyone who can press a button to have an opinion and voice it be it a position of knowledge or one from someone who has the iq of a stone and are are articulate as a sledgehammer. Its never going to be an all inclusive position. 

I dont agree with any Hearts fan ever wanting Hibs to win a game let alone a cup in all my years iv never stopped taking joy when they lose and never will.

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Of course you practice technical skills in pre season, we looked very rusty in that department when we should be playing these teams off the park. Unregistered players and refereeing decisions aside, I would expect to take several goals off both cove and raith.

You may practice them but you already have them. Fitness and Physical readiness is different that drops fast. The technical skill of playing together is not that and I assumed thats what you referred too. If you expect to take several goals of Cove and Raith thats fair enough and iv no doubt over the course of a few games we would more often than not. However that is football and its not how it works. As has been done to death wednesday with a bit of luck or bounce of the ball we’d of won 6/7-1. 

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, sadj said:

Whos the hardcore support? 

The vocal minority.

JamboGraham

I should probably just go to bed as I really am a fairly positive person with all things Hearts...my key frustration from today is that the admin events of Wed and the panel on Monday have really changed our mini league camapaign into three must win one off cup ties! Regardless of fitness, time to gel, formations, etc. that didn’t look like a team putting themselves on the line to win. We had a chance to make sure today that Monday doesn’t matter, we had a chance to show that you can take 3 points and we will still win the group. Right now I honestly think that by 10pm on Tuesday night we will be mathematically out of this cup with a game to spare and I will tell you what, that hurts...it really hurts. I just hope that our players and management team are sharing that hurt right now. Sadly I don’t think they will be... 

Bridge of Djoum
23 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Tough one. 

Turn it in, hard man.

Stephen Muddie
11 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Because it takes an age on the bus. 

I presume that you don't count train delays and waiting around and walking from station to station/stop in your journey times? I'm the sort who might prefer a single journey even if it took a few minutes longer. Which I doubt all things considered.

So fast black is an auld yin thing. I am relieved. Thankfully this phraseology was clearly deid by the time I (& a few other Jambos) started getting cabs. I was slightly concerned that it was relevant.

I'm just about to wade through all the guff post-Methil due to having just got home from work. Wish me luck. I'll bet right now there are quite a few well known kickspanglers literally foaming at the gash.

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

When Djoum turns up he is one of the best footballers in this league. If he could play at anywhere near his best for thirty games a season he could play anywhere and for anyone.

Agree with a lot of that. I think he is our best midfielder. Under Robbie he played a more forward position but even then i think he’d of been more effective further back. Until we got Adao he had to play too far back and we were just starting to see him playing as he could again. Hopefully he comes back and puts a shift in as thats the other thing I think is frustrating his application and attitude is lacking at times.

I remember playing a preseason game many moons ago and slide tackling some lad. He got up and in my face and my reply was just “commitment like thats why we’ll be fighting at the top of the league and your lot will go down” Alex Hamill told us train as you play and you’ll never go far wrong..... wise man

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

You may practice them but you already have them. Fitness and Physical readiness is different that drops fast. The technical skill of playing together is not that and I assumed thats what you referred too. If you expect to take several goals of Cove and Raith thats fair enough and iv no doubt over the course of a few games we would more often than not. However that is football and its not how it works. As has been done to death wednesday with a bit of luck or bounce of the ball we’d of won 6/7-1. 

We might have won 6/7-1 if we were up to scratch technically I.e taken our chances like I mentioned. I would expect us to be fitter than a non league side regardless but our quality should shine through and it hasn’t been. I expect us to relentlessly attack lower league sides and score goals especially when we might get deducted points and need the GD but we set up and play so negatively. I get the point but we can’t afford these slow starts to the season again. There is a lot to be said about momentum and that is something Neilson done so well when we won our first games back in the Prem. 

Edited by Mort

maroonexile
2 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Turn it in, hard man.

That wasn’t meant aggressively, I don’t mean that as in I’d meet you for a pagger.

I just wanted to call you out on a stupid, snide remark. You still want to imply I’m a Hibby, or are you now content to admit you were talking mince?

Genuinely happy to go for a pint if you need confirmation otherwise and evidence on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, maroonexile said:

That wasn’t meant aggressively, I don’t mean that as in I’d meet you for a pagger.

I just wanted to call you out on a stupid, snide remark. You still want to imply I’m a Hibby, or are you now content to admit you were talking mince?

Genuinely happy to go for a pint if you need confirmation otherwise and evidence on here.

He's in New York and happy to fire all around him from his vantage point. The ignore function is your friend.

8 minutes ago, Mort said:

We might have won 6/7-1 if we were up to scratch technically I.e taken our chances like I mentioned. I would expect us to be fitter than a non league side regardless but our quality should shine through and it hasn’t been. I expect us to relentless attacks lower league sides and score goals especially when we might get deducted points ans need the GD but we set up and play so negatively. I get the point but we can’t afford these slow starts to the season again. There is a lot to be said about momentum and that is something Neilson done so well when we won our first games back in the Prem. 

Thats a post that I think is fair. I think our definitions of technical are different but hey ho.... 

We are far fitter than we were or I thought we looked it , but today wasn’t about fitness. Its been Addressed numerous times on this thread our biggest problem today was not doing what we did on wednesday and stretch the defence and allow our midfield to create.

maroonsgotop
14 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I should probably just go to bed as I really am a fairly positive person with all things Hearts...my key frustration from today is that the admin events of Wed and the panel on Monday have really changed our mini league camapaign into three must win one off cup ties! Regardless of fitness, time to gel, formations, etc. that didn’t look like a team putting themselves on the line to win. We had a chance to make sure today that Monday doesn’t matter, we had a chance to show that you can take 3 points and we will still win the group. Right now I honestly think that by 10pm on Tuesday night we will be mathematically out of this cup with a game to spare and I will tell you what, that hurts...it really hurts. I just hope that our players and management team are sharing that hurt right now. Sadly I don’t think they will be... 

have to agree with this. A gutless performance today. I try not to be negative but that was dire today. no get up and go until last 15 mins. totally hacked off. 

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Absolutely pathetic performance to be honest.

I had hoped that the lack of tempo that defined last season's away form would be a thing of the past but sadly it seems not. For the majority of the game it felt like I'd turned up to a pre-season friendly and not what, potentially thanks to sheer incompetence from someone at the club, was a must win game.

That team today had plenty of experience and internationals in it yet it was left to Morrison and McDonald to come on and show the right attitude and drive to get the win.

Safe to say my pre-season optimism has taken a bit of a hit this week.

yep. that's how I saw it. Absolutely garbage

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It's a bit of a downer when you can go to a game on a Wednesday, see the way the team line up, with width on both sides of the park, watch it succeed and wander off thinking it has to be the way forward. You then turn up for the next game on the Saturday, one which potential circumstances suggest it is a must win game and then see the team line up, with only one wide player. You then look at the way the opposition approach the game and see they have decided to double up on the one wide player and in the process take him out of the game. There was absolutely no reason to change how we intended to play going forward today, and by doing so we shot ourselves in the foot. The midfield didn't function particularly well today either, and despite just returning from an injury Lafferty goes down and is clearly in pain, but is told to stay on the park and eventually goes off in an even worse state. If I'm honest having watched today's game we should be pleased with 2 points because I don't think we deserved any, it was a poor, poor display and not something I expected.

Having left the game on Wednesday thinking we were witnessing the way we were going to play this season I left today just totally confused by what I watched, with no idea why we made changes to something which had worked so recently.

agreed

Maroon Sailor

Smith did his homework on a Hearts that's why he doubled up on Mulraney.

It worked as he was stifled out the game.

You have to try and mix it up but at the same token if it's not broken why fix it ?

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Regardless of what happens on Monday, it's still in our hands to win the group if Raith can take anything off Caley. When I say anything, I mean even a draw and Caley win on penalties. It's still in our hands providing we take 6 points from 6 and there's a big enough goal swing (4 goals) between us and Caley.

Stay positive.

jamtartan74

1st time seeeing this team this season, on the tv wasn’t there, had been looking forward to it with the new signings and a bit of a positive feel to things, started off passing the ball about well enough but by the 20th minute or so was wondering when we would start testing the keeper, and from then on it kind of just felt a bit same old again, no real desire to win just keep the ball. The alarm bells were ringing nearer the end of the half when they had that chance the boy headed wide and then one or two others that they should have done better had the final ball been good enough, it was no surprise to me when they got the goal and could have had another not long after. We lack that creativity going forward, the midfield need to get forward and beating the man ahead of them, linking up with our forwards. The last 15 or so minutes is how we should have been from the beginning and putting this game to bed early on, sadly it now looks like we will be heading out the cup after Monday’s hearing if as expected we get the result overturned, it’s not impossible but we need Raith to do us a turn on Tuesday but can’t see it. 

Ministry MK2
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

I think people are blowing this way out of proportion. How we are playing right now is nothing like what we will be like come September. 

We are a group of players playing together for the first few times ever against solid units who have played together for a year or more. 

It has only been a couple of weeks. I'd still be trying to remember everyones name.

The team is gash.

We will probably improve a bit as players gel. But I think the whole new players gelling argument is way overstated. The difference it makes is fairly minimal.

Ministry MK2
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Absolutely, he has been incredibly unfortunate with injuries. Would be great to get him back for a full season. 

Ministry MK2
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Half the players only arrived at the club in the past month. They aren’t going to be hurting over it. Not in any meaningful way. 

4 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Kind of get the feeling our player recruitment is like grabbing a handful of scrabble letters, throwing them at the board and hoping that it makes something. 

We buy what we can afford and hope that one or two come good. That's the reality of where Hearts are now. Hearts don't have the quality of player that can adapt from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 or whatever. Having read the post match reviews from some posters I respect I find it more than depressing. The idea that Hearts can play 3-5-2 is really laughable and should have been booted out last season because there simply isn't enough quality or speed there to do it. When it mattered the team failed from the off to deliver anything in a game CL knew Hearts had to win. So there we have the shape of the season ahead. I wasn't even surprised or disappointed today when I was getting updates watching another game. CL will tell AB it's a work in progress. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We buy what we can afford and hope that one or two come good. That's the reality of where Hearts are now. Hearts don't have the quality of player that can adapt from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 or whatever. Having read the post match reviews from some posters I respect I find it more than depressing. The idea that Hearts can play 3-5-2 is really laughable and should have been booted out last season because there simply isn't enough quality or speed there to do it. When it mattered the team failed from the off to deliver anything in a game CL knew Hearts had to win. So there we have the shape of the season ahead. I wasn't even surprised or disappointed today when I was getting updates watching another game. CL will tell AB it's a work in progress. 

Work in progress? How many players did we sign? It borders on 15, more than a full team.

While we definitely needed a significant number of new bodies, it looks like we've gone for quantity over quality.

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Work in progress? How many players did we sign? It borders on 15, more than a full team.

While we definitely needed a significant number of new bodies, it looks like we've gone for quantity over quality.

Two competive games in. Wasn’t much showing today but the league hasn’t started yet. I don’t believe all will turn out to be turkeys. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Two competive games in. Wasn’t much showing today but the league hasn’t started yet. I don’t believe all will turn out to be turkeys. 

Nor do I but equally there are worrying signs from some that they will be nothing but squad players.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nor do I but equally there are worrying signs from some that they will be nothing but squad players.

Everyone who has played has shown something so far. However do we have creativeness to play that killer ball when we are struggling to break teams down? I dont know. Our gameplan seems straightforward get it wide run at the defence. We did it well on Wednesday and stretched the other team and should of had a few goals. Today we didnt today Mulraney ran at them , Smith didnt so they didn’t bother with Smith just focussed on Mulraney and that stopped Naismith , Lee , Burns and Bozanic creating anything. Thats where the creativity is a problem. We still have more to come in. Hopefully they can add that missing piece. Lee was poor today which is a shame as hes been very productive until today. Bozanic looks decent on the ball , Naismith we all know about , Mulraney and Morrison raw pace but need better end product. Burns i thought was poor Wednesday but looked better today once he went out to the left. Haring looks composed and Zlamal looks like a Czech asylum escapee so will keep us entertained i think. 

Its not all bad , hopefully the players get a roasting and we get a reaction. There is more positives there from the first two games than there was Elgin and Peterhead last year imo of course :-)

That was embarrassing, unacceptable, and dire to watch. A lot of new players but the same safety first coaching from the training field still apparent in our play. Negative, keep-ball, do not lose tactics against a team (with even more changes than us from last season) 2 leagues below us. We have had yet another big turn-over of players but the coaching remains the same. Good coaching should get the best out of players, let them try things, express themselves and not tie them down. We were to expect to hit the ground running with the new signings in early, fit, gelled and ready. Optimism has now turned to doubt very early, but hope to be very wrong.

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exca

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Everyone who has played has shown something so far. However do we have creativeness to play that killer ball when we are struggling to break teams down? I dont know. Our gameplan seems straightforward get it wide run at the defence. We did it well on Wednesday and stretched the other team and should of had a few goals. Today we didnt today Mulraney ran at them , Smith didnt so they didn’t bother with Smith just focussed on Mulraney and that stopped Naismith , Lee , Burns and Bozanic creating anything. Thats where the creativity is a problem. We still have more to come in. Hopefully they can add that missing piece. Lee was poor today which is a shame as hes been very productive until today. Bozanic looks decent on the ball , Naismith we all know about , Mulraney and Morrison raw pace but need better end product. Burns i thought was poor Wednesday but looked better today once he went out to the left. Haring looks composed and Zlamal looks like a Czech asylum escapee so will keep us entertained i think. 

Its not all bad , hopefully the players get a roasting and we get a reaction. There is more positives there from the first two games than there was Elgin and Peterhead last year imo of course :-)

I doubt it. When the Sheep lose a player to Salford on £4k per week you now realise the problems Hearts face. This is bargain basement stuff and the new reality is we will struggle to win games because we can no longer buy a guy like Rudi. The quality just isn't there. 

32 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Exca

I doubt it. When the Sheep lose a player to Salford on £4k per week you now realise the problems Hearts face. This is bargain basement stuff and the new reality is we will struggle to win games because we can no longer buy a guy like Rudi. The quality just isn't there. 

I meant more players and within that hopefully the quality is enough to tweak things enough.

Geoff Kilpatrick
47 minutes ago, sadj said:

Known as "damning with faint praise".

• davemclaren locked this topic