*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, JME said:

I think Naismith will spear head the midfield with maybe Edwards in behind with Lee dropping back from Wednesday and giving Bozanic a rest.

Decent shout actually. I assumed Edwards had a knock or something because he looked good against Partick in the friendly but didn't appear against Cove. Would be happy with a midfield of Lee, Edwards and Naismith.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

Seymour M Hersh

In lieu of Monday's possible sanctions I hope the players are wound up tight to get a great result.

3-0 hearts lafferty x 2 and  jake mulraney cmon the hearts!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

19 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Decent shout actually. I assumed Edwards had a knock or something because he looked good against Partick in the friendly but didn't appear against Cove. Would be happy with a midfield of Lee, Edwards and Naismith.

What gives me this impression is Olly being subbed off in the in the latter stages of the Cove. Our midfield would be all fresh legs except Olly who seems to be a bit special from my first impressions.

Edited by JME

5 minutes ago, JME said:

What gives me this impression is Olly being subbed off in the in the latter stages of the Cove. Our midfield would be all fresh legs except Olly who seems to be a bit special from my first impressions.

Lee will definitely be starting. I'd say he's clearly Levein's first choice midfielder already and everything he's done so far suggests he absolutely should be.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

Should be interesting.

I personally don't feel Doyle should come in. Zlamal has spent the summer with the defence and spent the entire match at Cove talking the defence through it.

Naismith will come in, probably for Burns. Keena or Currie will likely come in for MacLean. Not sure I'd change anything else. We want to be on the front foot from the off against Raith, which is what we did on Wednesday, without being able to add to the one goal.

Spent the summer? They've only been together a few weeks and Bobby missed some of that with his infected ankle.

Doyle to start so we can see what he can do.

36 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Spent the summer? They've only been together a few weeks and Bobby missed some of that with his infected ankle.

Yep, the summer that our players have had together, Zlamal's been part of. Doyle's only been here a couple of days and as I said I'd rather start with a keeper who has spent some time training and playing with his defence, especially as it's a match we likely have to run up a decent goal difference in.

I'm sure Doyle has a very good chance of becoming the first choice, but for the reasons above and Zlamal's performance at Cove I think he deserves to keep his place.

It should have been ten
On 19/07/2018 at 14:34, smartin1987 said:

Anyone looking for tickets for Saturdays game they have them if you phone raith for hearts end. 

Mate of mine wants to come with us but didn’t buy a ticket as he thought he would be working. Are we sold out completely or still available from Raith for Hearts end? I’m assuming they’ll be sold out completely.

Edited by It should have been ten

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Is this game on BT sport?

Yep now what's the team

13 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Yep now what's the team

Ha ha haven’t heard anything yet mate 

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Mate of mine wants to come with us but didn’t buy a ticket as he thought he would be working. Are we sold out completely or still available from Raith for Hearts end? I’m assuming they’ll be sold out completely.

Read on a raith forum they had 60 tickets for our end left for sale.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Read on a raith forum they had 60 tickets for our end left for sale.

I assume they meant the Raith end as our end sold out Wednesday 

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Ha ha haven’t heard anything yet mate 

Cheers big Al will give me the heads up

gerryjambo41

I don’t want to sound like a prophet of doom but surely we can’t take a chance playing Naismith in case they make Wednesday’s game null and void and therefore leaving ourselves open to more sanctions. ?????

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I assume they meant the Raith end as our end sold out Wednesday 

No it said for hearts end. I'll try and find it.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I don’t want to sound like a prophet of doom but surely we can’t take a chance playing Naismith in case they make Wednesday’s game null and void and therefore leaving ourselves open to more sanctions. ?????

Not following you. Why would we be open to more sanctions if we play naisy?

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Aye must have been Hearts website saying sold out 

Got our tickets anyway but was surprised raith had any at all unless its been raith tickets they havent sold that they were trying to flog.

Another Saturday, another day out shopping with Mrs and......hang on....football is back. YYYYAAASS. 

Cant wait to get to the game today. Really excited about seeing the new players. Hopefully will be an indicator of how the season should be for us. Really positive that we are going to be an improved side from last year with a lot more depth in the squad. Reckon a good win today will put us in a good place for the two home games and the clerical mistake will not end up mattering at all. See you all at the game. Mon the Hearts!

24 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Cheers big Al will give me the heads up

I’ll let him know if/when I hear Ray.

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

They cannot declare the actual game as null and void Gerry, as the game did take place and will remain on the records as having taken place. They can make an amendment to the actual result of the game, by either reversing the result or awarding a 3-0 to Cove for example. So the result of the game can be declared as void but the fact the game took place is now part of history. Naismith sat out the game and served his suspension and will be available to play today if selected.

What a change to the game result effectively means is that for the remaining three games we just have to make sure we defeat all three teams comfortably. By doing that there is still a chance we can progress to the next phase of the competition as one of the seeded teams.

Edited by portobellojambo1

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Unfortunately, due to the admin balls up, we aren't in a position where we can or should be experimenting with players for the remaining three group games. If the club are uncertain of what Doyle can offer they will need to wait until the reserve league starts and watch him in that and determine if he looks like the player that should be the number 1 keeper. Zlamal did nothing wrong on Wednesday and deserves to retain his place. Focus from today needs to be on turning the much improved playing style going forward into goals, and lots of them.

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

What a change to the game result effectively means is that for the remaining three games we just have to make sure we defeat all three teams comfortably. By doing that there is still a chance we can progress to the next phase of the competition as one of the seeded teams.

Almost no chance 9 points will be good enough to be seeded in the next round. Last year only one group was won with 9 points. The cut off for being seeded was 11points and even then one of the teams on 11 ended up unseeded on goal difference. Equally, if we get 9 points but come second to ICT we are very likely to miss out on being a best runner up. Last year 10points wasn't enough to guarantee progress from 2nd.

If the Cove game does go against us, I think the very best we can hope for is to win the group ans be unseeded in the next round.

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Wtf is fast blacking? 

I believe it is code for getting in a taxi 

fabienleclerq
17 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Wtf is fast blacking? 

A taxi/ black can surely.

portobellojambo1
20 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Almost no chance 9 points will be good enough to be seeded in the next round. Last year only one group was won with 9 points. The cut off for being seeded was 11points and even then one of the teams on 11 ended up unseeded on goal difference. Equally, if we get 9 points but come second to ICT we are very likely to miss out on being a best runner up. Last year 10points wasn't enough to guarantee progress from 2nd.

If the Cove game does go against us, I think the very best we can hope for is to win the group ans be unseeded in the next round.

I tend not to look at how other teams are getting on SJ, so when I posted I didn't have a clue how any of the other groups are panning out or may pan out. Might be seen as a bit narrow minded but my focus is alway on one team every week of a football season, and that is HMFC. All my time, money and effort goes towards them and if I'm honest I really don't give a flying feck how other teams are doing. Because I don't know what is happening in the groups that is why I said a chance, but based on your response I agree it is likely it may not happen. But we do still have to make sure we get to the next round and topping the group will achieve that. If we were to finish 2nd to ICT my thoughts on that would be that we don't deserve to go through. But I saw enough on Wednesday to suggest we are only going to get better, will top the group and can then look at whoever we get in the next round and ram it up them as well.

AlphonseCapone
18 minutes ago, moonraker said:

I believe it is code for getting in a taxi 

6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

A taxi/ black can surely.

:thumbsup: what a bizarre phrase :laugh:

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've never heard it before tbh just put 2+2 together.

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I tend not to look at how other teams are getting on SJ, so when I posted I didn't have a clue how any of the other groups are panning out or may pan out. Might be seen as a bit narrow minded but my focus is alway on one team every week of a football season, and that is HMFC. All my time, money and effort goes towards them and if I'm honest I really don't give a flying feck how other teams are doing. Because I don't know what is happening in the groups that is why I said a chance, but based on your response I agree it is likely it may not happen. But we do still have to make sure we get to the next round and topping the group will achieve that. If we were to finish 2nd to ICT my thoughts on that would be that we don't deserve to go through. But I saw enough on Wednesday to suggest we are only going to get better, will top the group and can then look at whoever we get in the next round and ram it up them as well.

Nothing to disagree with there.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Doyle is starting in goal today.

Just reading levein saying that's not case

Gutted to be missing this due to work.

I fancy us to win today but it won't be easy on another artificial surface.

Raith 0-2 Hearts 

Lafferty and Mulraney the scorers.

HamishMcGonagall

Olly Lee14/1 first goalscorer or 9/2 anytime. 

(Or malaury martin 7/1 first goalscorer and 21/10 anytime :huh2:)

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Long shot, but does anyone know a pub in Malaga that would be showing the game? 

Shakespeare’s usually has all the sport. It’s a nice bar and I’m sure they put it on for you. I’d invite you up to mine but I’m 35 minutes away with a full house. You wouldn’t believe how popular you become when you live in a hot country with a big pool and loads of cheap cold beer. Got loads of mates now?

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Shakespeare’s usually has all the sport. It’s a nice bar and I’m sure they put it on for you. I’d invite you up to mine but I’m 35 minutes away with a full house. You wouldn’t believe how popular you become when you live in a hot country with a big pool and loads of cheap cold beer. Got loads of mates now?

Cheers ?

gerryjambo41
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

They cannot declare the actual game as null and void Gerry, as the game did take place and will remain on the records as having taken place. They can make an amendment to the actual result of the game, by either reversing the result or awarding a 3-0 to Cove for example. So the result of the game can be declared as void but the fact the game took place is now part of history. Naismith sat out the game and served his suspension and will be available to play today if selected.

Cheers I wasn’t sure how that would work but with the SPFL/SFA anything is possible ?

gerryjambo41
1 hour ago, Barack said:

If he's suspended for Cove match. And he plays in Raith match...i think...he's getting at the SPFL will consider him playing under suspension, if they declare the Cove match void.

A sort of "Gotcha!" from the SPFL.

In short...Bollocks. 

Sorry, Gerry.

Cheers I genuinely wasn’t sure ?

Stephen Muddie
56 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Utterly...

I don't know why you would use extra effort to say cab by adding a syllable. It's compounded by the fact it probably won't be a black cab but a private hire seat Toledo or suchlike. If it ever becomes a phrase in common everyday use I'm emigrating.

Regarding RR v HMFC, I am working today so unfortunately won't be fast blacking or choo choo-ing or even drunkenly stoating my way to meth hell today.

I'm really confused why a poster is travelling to kirkcaldy THEN getting an x58 though. After all, the x58 is an edinburgh-leven service :sailor:

Mon the JTs! Eight away goals or I'm psychotically melting my season card slowly and deliberately with a magnifying glass using the sun's rays.

Got to be our strongest 11 and maximum attack, can't afford any fanning about now !

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's an old one, Al, and probably no longer appropriate in these enlightened times.

When i was a nipper a taxi was often known as a Linford = Linford Christie = Fast Black = Taxi - due to the colour of the cab and it's relative efficiency in getting one to one's chosen destination in relation to other modes of public transport.

This only applied to black cabs as there were no private hires back then.

Like I said, probably no longer appropriate (if it ever was).

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambof3tornado

Hopefully the extra pressure put on the team doesnt cause us to panic if we arent 4 up by half time.

Looking forward to the match and visiting a ground for the first time, not expecting big things from the ground but it ticks another one off the list visited.

6 goals from us today.

Neil Strevens
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is there plenty parking near the stadium?

Yes, big car park outside the 'stadium'.

• davemclaren locked this topic