*** Betfred Cup 2018 - Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian ***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

We used to have a thing in matches that when we ran at defenders we were allowed to do the same thing no more than three times in a row or without finding a man well (not just in their direction but accurately) or we were fined.

Who did, Hearts did? We should bring it back.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• iantjambo

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Who did, Hearts did? We should bring it back.

I meant we as in when I was playing. Our older pros used to anihilate us in training if we got above our station aswell. 

Wonder if teams would get away with it now , im guessing probably not

• 1 month later...
It should have been ten
On 21/07/2018 at 17:06, Hendricks said:

Keep backing the serial loser

:clyay: guys and gals. He deserves it lolololol. 

Brought in another teams worth of utter shite. Going to be another great season with that usesles trumpet in charge. 

Managed 3 goals against Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers. Deary ****ing dear. Hibs and Aberdeen never mind the other pair again way way better sides again. But we persevere with a guy so far past his best in all ways it’s not even funny. 

Ok, bye.

:qqb006:

11 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:qqb006:

Tbf we were rancid against Cove and Raith, a lot of people thought it'd be the beginning of a slog season.

Even half of the Cowdenbeath game was rank.

Edited by peter_hmfc

It should have been ten
15 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Tbf we were rancid against Cove and Raith, a lot of people thought it'd be the beginning of a slog season.

Totally get that mate, was just reading through that thread and the utter seethe and brutal posts he’s aimed at Craig (for a long time now) made me laugh. That was probably the tamest of said posts. Funnily enough he’s been fairly quiet these days....

:clyay:

Edited by It should have been ten

49 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Totally get that mate, was just reading through that thread and the utter seethe and brutal posts he’s aimed at Craig (for a long time now) made me laugh. That was probably the tamest of said posts. Funnily enough he’s been fairly quiet these days....

:clyay:

I don’t think we were rancid against Cove at all didn’t quite click but it was a precursor of how we’ve played in most games this season. Another day that would of been 6/7-1.

sure they’ll appear at some point and make other childish comments to myself and others who have an opposing opinion to them. 

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

We weren't even that bad against Cove, not even close to rancid. We failed to take our chances and capitalise on our domination which led to a nervy second half, but a 4 or 5 goal win wouldn't have flattered us.

Raith was awful and I'm glad we managed to quickly put it behind us against Cowdenbeath and ICT.

45 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

We weren't even that bad against Cove, not even close to rancid. We failed to take our chances and capitalise on our domination which led to a nervy second half, but a 4 or 5 goal win wouldn't have flattered us.

Raith was awful and I'm glad we managed to quickly put it behind us against Cowdenbeath and ICT.

No offence (and I wasn't at the game) but an SPL side (Hearts at that, not even a smaller one) squeezing through against Highland League opposition is not good.

Beating them by 5 would be seen as a low-offer on The Chase.

Bridge of Djoum
On 24/07/2018 at 03:20, All Out Attack said:

You seem to be all over this thread like a rash, almost as if you are trying to convince everyone that they didn't see Hearts with their own eyes. 

Your Celtic argument doesn't hold water either. Last season we were a shambles and finished 6th, you can't just pluck one or two games from it. 

Early indications for this season are looking really ominous. Supporters are very unlikely to stick their heads in the sand for much longer. A club the size of Hearts must be competitive in all competitions. 

:rofl:

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

No offence (and I wasn't at the game) but an SPL side (Hearts at that, not even a smaller one) squeezing through against Highland League opposition is not good.

Beating them by 5 would be seen as a low-offer on The Chase.

No offence (and I was at the game) but we definitely weren't rancid, as you stated.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, sadj said:

I don’t think we were rancid against Cove at all didn’t quite click but it was a precursor of how we’ve played in most games this season. Another day that would of been 6/7-1.

sure they’ll appear at some point and make other childish comments to myself and others who have an opposing opinion to them. 

I’m sure they will, pathetic really. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 22/07/2018 at 09:04, GavK1012 said:

Levein..Daly...MacPhee..Fox..Gallacher...et al....do these people see what we see? Last season the management got the benefit of the major doubt re team set up...instruction...style etc...

There are NO excuses now...no mittigating circumstances....so how can we serve up such a boring bland uninspiring 80 mins in a game we knew meant a lot due to the paperwork error only days before?

I simply dont know but MacPhee for example - he is considered an effective coach and someone who has a bright future...he has seemingly turned down a lucrative gig elsewhere to stay put....sooo how on earth can he sit there after a pre season and signing policy he has played a major hand in, and think thats acceptable yesterday? (im using him to illustrate the point about it not all being down to CL) Because the managment team's DNA is all over this squad...it reflects upon them as professionals and people....would love to ask them and get a straight answer back ?

And how does our unbeaten start to the season reflect upon them, now?

Or were you just being a reactionary fool?

Edited by New York Fleapit

Think we all had at least a slight concern after this game. Although some went further than others :lol: Don't think we'll see half of the more hysterical ones until hearts lose again. 

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

If people didn't reply, to the transparently obvious, dribbling trolls...

If dragging up old threads like this isn’t trolling, then I don’t know what is. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well 2 of the  hobos on this thread haven't shown their faces since July so it was a great thread to out them as trolls. How they haven't  been banned I have no idea

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well 2 of the  hobos on this thread haven't shown their faces since July so it was a great thread to out them as trolls. How they haven't  been banned I have no idea

Which ones are hibs?

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

And how does our unbeaten start to the season reflect upon them, now?

Or were you just being a reactionary fool?

I'm worried about the management's DNA being all over the squad.

Looks like we signed Billy Davies after all!

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Which ones are hibs?

I'd say there's a fair chance All Out Abhorrent, who wanted Hibs to beat us don't forget, is one.

Bridge of Djoum
59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Trolling is exactly what a select few posters were doing.

Bringing this thread up again isn't trolling, It's a reminder that patience and class are important. If you read back, or if you recall, some of the vitriol about CL, his staff and the club in general was pretty awful. 

It's certainly nothing like trolling. And I think you know that.

• davemclaren locked this topic