Hearts appearing in unexpected places

Daveandal

We were in Orlando a few years ago and turned round in the queue for a roller coaster to see a guy with a home top on. After a good wee chat we went on the coaster together, when we left the ride we saw a Hibs fan walking towards us and just burst out laughing. The look on the guys face was priceless.

been here before
14 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Apologies not in a remote destination but in sunny Falkirk I saw the number plate RUDI51 brilliant 

Theres a motor has RU51 DAY. See it around at most games. Was up in Cove last night playing hard and fast with the average speed cameras.

But back to the subject of the thread.  

I was quite surprised to see Andrew Irving at Balmoral Park last night.

Scnorthedinburgh

Year out in new Zealand, and no hearts gear with me. In a sports shop in rotorura, 5 football strips for sale 1 was a hearts one.

Owner liked the colour as he followed Aussie rugby league and supported Manley. 

15 hours ago, Bez said:

Loosely connected, but relevant. I went to Kenya and Uganda on honeymoon seven years ago. About 90% of Nairobi men of a certain age wear football tops as day to day leisure wear. Everywhere you look Manchester United and Arsenal tops. I gave the guy we were staying with a Hearts training top. One morning when walking to town we passed a guy doing heroin in an alley. He was wearing a Hibs top.

That's the winner for me.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:levein_interesting:

Joked way too soon on that one...…..

:jj_facepalm:

On 19/07/2018 at 13:37, sandyk said:

Spookily, my sister lived in Townsville around that time.  I sent her other half and their very young son hearts tops for Xmas.... I wonder??!!

Not impossible - it's not that big a place! Was her other half an Aussie?

On 19/07/2018 at 16:47, Peebo said:

One day, got a thumbs up by a Porsche driver with IBROX - gave him the middle finger in return, which pleasingly displeased him.

? chuckled at this 

Bazzas right boot
On 19/07/2018 at 06:31, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Lc second round? 

On holiday, this year in Turkey and although not a fan of the football top  thing there was a guy that wore a different Hearts top everyday. Said he had 10 strips and 8 t - shirts with him. 

Not my thing, but the boy done well. 

There was a Musselburgh athletic scarf in one of the pubs as well. 

My first remark. 

MacDonald Jardine
13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

My first remark. 

I thought for once you were getting realistic.  Apparently not.

Still, Hibs have made it .

Bazzas right boot
Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

I thought for once you were getting realistic.  Apparently not.

Still, Hibs have made it .

Look at you trying to pick a fight because you're in the huff. 

:bolt:

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Look at you trying to pick a fight because you're in the huff. 

Not at all.

Your first post had a surprising degree of reality about it.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Not at all.

Your first post had a surprising degree of reality about it.

57 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

cup finals ?

When we get there we do it in ****in style tho.

I mean,  5 ****in 1 in the biggest derby in a hundred years 

A51FFFED-A117-4CE2-BF46-257AA6E0E084.gif

Edited by El Diez

Met a lad on top of Table Mountain wearing a Hearts t shirt, had a blether with him , season ticket holder, top bloke. 

hoof.hearted

Back in 97 I was in Orlando. Myself & 2 mates went to the Orlando Ale House for Monday Sports Night. All the guys were wearing baseball and American football tops so we decided to do the same the following Monday. I wore the yellow & black top, one of my mates wore the inter style top from a few years previous, leaving my Hibby mate to wear the usual green & white rag.

An American came over as was interested what 'soccer teams' they were. We asked what he thought and said 'I like these two' pointing to the Jambo tops. My Hibby mate then asked what he thought of his, he replied ' hey man that's just shit' then walked away. Us two Jambos were in stitches laughing...even the Yanks know. 

Posted this before and not quite on the same lines as other people’s posts, but when at school I had picked a novel to study “birdsong” by Sebastian faulks. Based on WW1. There was a small mention of hearts. Here’s the extract: “The others were discussing a battalion football match. An Edinburgh unit who were coming into the line nearby contained the entire Heart of Midlothian professional team and had proved unbeatable.”

15 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Not impossible - it's not that big a place! Was her other half an Aussie?

Yes he Is, bless him ?. Moved now so may well still be parading the top in the Brisbane area.

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Posted this before and not quite on the same lines as other people’s posts, but when at school I had picked a novel to study “birdsong” by Sebastian faulks. Based on WW1. There was a small mention of hearts. Here’s the extract: “The others were discussing a battalion football match. An Edinburgh unit who were coming into the line nearby contained the entire Heart of Midlothian professional team and had proved unbeatable.”

Gave me goose bumps that did

Once saw a Hearts scarf randomly displayed in the window of a sports shop somewhere in the Rhine valley. 

Not quite the same but my lad got spotted by a scout for a current 1st div club in England because he was wearing his Hearts top and the scout was a Jambo , originally from the Pans , I think, who told me he came to see what my lad  was actually wearing. 

jacklivi1874

I was in Great Yarmouth for a family holiday in the mid 80's when i witnessed a sing song between about 20 Hearts supporters and 20  Aberdeen fans on the front... it was bizarre.. I joined in with my Bro, it wasny  friendly either  

On 19/07/2018 at 13:18, Moves Like Jaga said:

There's a few jambos in eyemouth and surrounding areas. I've got quite a few relatives in places like eyemouth and coldingham. The late great kickbacker 'Jabba' (RIP) was from down that way too. 

2 More like this in St Abbs Harbour

Edited by jamdunc

Was In Saint Giles on Reunion Island (near Mauritius) and there was a dude cutting about in Hearts 07/08 away shirt.

On 19/07/2018 at 07:46, kingantti1874 said:

Animal kingdom hotel in orlando is called.. jambo house.. not Really a true example buy I like it

Yeah, I’ve seen it on the Disney shuttle busses too. Was about to get on one. Think it means hello/ welcome or something.

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Gave me goose bumps that did

It was quite surreal reading away and coming across it. Completely unexpected 

Escobar PHM

On the Camino de Santiago there are often points along the way where pilgrims leave a stone from home with a message written on it. A lady friend of mine stopped at one of these near the top of a mountain in the Prynees and found a peice of slate which said ‘HMFC, even up here it should have been 10’ anyone care to admit to leaving it there.? 

Was in New York with the wife about 6 years ago,asked this couple to take our photo at the Flat Iron building, turn's out they were from Edinburgh and strangely the guy says your names Grant and You go on the Livi bus,I've seen you at Tynecastle,  small world!! Unfortunately I can't remember his name.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Mate of mine in Oxford posted a photo they had for funeral of one of the U's biggest fans Jeff James at the weekend and there was a saltire with a hearts crest in the background, apparently some Hearts fans (and various other club fans) attended said funeral