Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

7 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

Really hope that we are still pursuing Sean Clare and also trying to reach an agreement with Vanecek’s club to get him now - as I feel that those two players would greatly enhance our team and possibly be the missing pieces in order to see us challenge for third in the league, as well as still have decent cup runs.

Another wide player on top of Sean Clare required in my opinion. Can't be relying on Mulraney & Amankwaa.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

Phil D. Corners
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No not him. He's a winger. Someone right in the middle of the pitch that will take responsibility and drive the team forward, Charlie Adam has been mentioned. Someone like that

Thought Naismith did well in that role. 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

I got told Charlie Adam was a no go a while ago not heard anything since. Its all a bit quiet. I think a big problem just now is how to best use all the players weve got. We cam almost play any formation. 

One of the clickbait sites saying he's off back to Rangers although a lot of their fans are moaning about him. I'd take Adam in a heartbeat but don't think we could afford him. Don't know the first thing about Clare

I see he’s a free agent as of today, your probably looking at him making a decision on his next move this week hopefully to Gorgie 

Said it before right after ICT, people criticised me because we won 5-0. But still need a natural central holding midfielder, someone to hold and keep the ball in the middle.

Edited by steven_mck

16 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Said it before right after ICT, people criticised me because we won 5-0. But still need a natural central holding midfielder, someone to hold and keep the ball in the middle.

Can see someone brought in for this role 

Would most likely come in to play right wing back, think between Morrison, Godhino and the Smiths we're covered there until Brandon returns and makes the position his own

I think this guy would be an excellent signing but i can see him getting another Championship club and more money than we can offer.

• 2 weeks later...
gorgieheart
41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off to Swansea according to sky sports

Just asked the question "what happened to him"  on another thread, now we know !

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off to Swansea according to sky sports

Free transfer as well,  just about signing-on fee and wages. We wouldnt be close to competing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Free transfer as well,  just about signing-on fee and wages. We wouldnt be close to competing. 

Compensation fee due

• 2 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

Appears he hasn't signed for Swansea, saw someone mention it could be due to compensation. Saw the article below this week and found it interesting that Leicester have found a loophole to sign young English players on free contracts who would normally demand large compensation for a little

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/12/george-hirst-sheffield-wednesday-leuven-leicester

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Appears he hasn't signed for Swansea, saw someone mention it could be due to compensation. Saw the article below this week and found it interesting that Leicester have found a loophole to sign young English players on free contracts who would normally demand large compensation for a little

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/12/george-hirst-sheffield-wednesday-leuven-leicester

Sadly this might happen more and more often.. how many clubs do Man City own.. a few of the EPL teams have similar agreements..

So what will happen in the end? smaller clubs will have to accept derisory offers just to get a fee for their players..

I'm not even sure how the FA or other associations can stop it.. not without lawyers getting involved..

13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If I recall correctly, this is why Celtic were able to sign Dembele for so cheap compared to what English teams were due to pay

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

If I recall correctly, this is why Celtic were able to sign Dembele for so cheap compared to what English teams were due to pay

Yup, always feel it is something we should take advantage of.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, always feel it is something we should take advantage of.

Like signing players and giving them a minimum release clause of 1-2M.. could be a real money maker..

24 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

iirc they did the same with adam matthews 

Hold on to your seats fellow kickbackers, this is going to be one hell of a bumpy ride...............We are now entering Silly Season!

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Hold on to your seats fellow kickbackers, this is going to be one hell of a bumpy ride...............We are now entering Silly Season!

Bit dramatic no ?

A player we've been linked with who is a free agent who we might or might not be able to afford wages wise and might or might not have other options and we might not even be remotely interested in.

We're either in for him in a serious way or we're not. Nothing bumpy or silly about it.

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Bit dramatic no ?

A player we've been linked with who is a free agent who we might or might not be able to afford wages wise and might or might not have other options and we might not even be remotely interested in.

We're either in for him in a serious way or we're not. Nothing bumpy or silly about it.

I reckon you might be a bit more dramatic than me  ???

9 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I reckon you might be a bit more dramatic than me  ???

Aye okay. I'll leave you to enjoy your hell of a bumpy ride and I'll just calmly wait until the guy's got the scarf above his head at whatever club he's going to, probably not ours.

Edited by Escobar PHM

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Aye okay. I'll leave you to enjoy your hell of a bumpy ride and I'll just calmly wait until the guy's got the scarf above his head at whatever club he's going to, probably not ours.

Why not ours? 

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Why not ours? 

Because he's also been linked with several clubs who can pay way more money than we can. The development fee (which doesn't apply for us) is putting them off a bit, so there's a chance I suppose but I wouldn't imagine we are his first choice. If he runs out of choices then yes......maybe.

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Because he's also been linked with several clubs who can pay way more money than we can. The development fee (which doesn't apply for us) is putting them off a bit, so there's a chance I suppose but I wouldn't imagine we are his first choice. If he runs out of choices then yes......maybe.

There must be a reason he hasn't signed on with anyone, hopefully he liked the look of us when he came up. I don't know him as a player at all, but reports seem to be good ?

rudi must stay
48 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I reckon he'd be good.

Hope we manage to lock it in. 

I think hed be the signing of the summer. 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Zoom said:

Not a chance he is signing for us

Excellent positive first post! Welcome to kickback!

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Welcome to Kickback.

On my phone, I take it its his first post. Makes you wonder?

40 minutes ago, Zoom said:

Not a chance he is signing for us

33 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Zoomer

32 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Welcome to Kickback.

Image result for fat larry