Souleymane Coulibaly

Agentjambo

Souleymane is on Twitter,says his Egyptian nightmare is over and he's looking for a new club.Would love to see him with us...very good striker.

The Internet
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Why?

Dunno just haven't heard him linked or anything, we might not be interested and he might not want to come back to Scotland. I'm basing this on very little but I'll be surprised if it happens. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

We’ve enough strikers already. 

We MUST be selling Lafferty then.....:kiss:

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't. Hibs...because, well, their scouting network isn't very imaginative, & they will no doubt be in the market for another striker.

Crewe...was the first shithole mid-table, lower league team could think of. Lovely railway station though.

:lol: 

Seem's he's been living in the West of Scotland whilst all the mess has been going on.  Still seems to be a bit of a mess - probably best to avoid.  Type of signing Aberdeen would go for.

He's a good player, and we possibly still miss that bit of unpredictability he'd bring.  He's the type to get you out your seat.  Wouldn't be against it at all.

That said, if we sign Naismith, we have quite a number of forwards now, including Currie and Keena.  Not sure there's space for him. 

I'd rather we had him than anyone else in Scotland, but not too fussed if he goes elsewhere, if that makes sense.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

In my opinion would be a perfect replacement for Milinkovic imagine we lined up like this for next season..

Zlamal

Haring Souttar Berra

M.Smith Lee Djoum Mitchell

Coulibaly Naismith

Lafferty

Would obviously require signing 

Naismith, Mitchell however that is a very strong experienced SPL team with options from the bench would be happy if that was the lineup first game of the season 

probably rotate Djoum Bozanic/Cochrane as Djoum May not be ready.

4 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

In my opinion would be a perfect replacement for Milinkovic imagine we lined up like this for next season..

Zlamal

Haring Souttar Berra

Coulibaly Naismith

Lafferty

Naismith, Mitchell however that is a very strong experienced SPL team with options from the bench would be happy if that was the lineup first game of the season 

Hopefully Djoum leaves for a good bit cash, been usesless for nearly 2 seasons now

Is he an out and out striker? Thought he was more of a goalscoring midfielder/winger myself.

Don't see why not. He had a solid half season at Killie and they netted a cracking fee for him. I'd give him a bash.

Captain Lithuania
8 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Zlamal

Haring Souttar Berra

Coulibaly Naismith

Lafferty

It’s funny when people are drawing up these mock starting XI’s they never include Edwards. 

I think he’s going to be a cracking signing for us. 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

It’s funny when people are drawing up these mock starting XI’s they never include Edwards. 

That's big of you to say that Arnaud.

It would likely be your place in the team he'd be taking.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
4 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

To be honest from what I’ve seen of Ryan Edwards, he looks a good signing could quite easily start quite a few options from midfield now as well which is promising.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
11 minutes ago, ryank2014 said:

Hopefully Djoum leaves for a good bit cash, been usesless for nearly 2 seasons now

Cant see him leaving for a “good bit of cash” final year of his contract not played much due to injury been unlucky in my opinion.

wouldn’t say he’s useless but needs a big improvement this season to start much more competition in midfield this year. 

itsnomarooned
13 minutes ago, ryank2014 said:

Being useless for nearly 2 seasons isn't going to equate to a good bit of cash I wouldn't have thought.

heartmussel
15 minutes ago, Locky said:

Is he an out and out striker? Thought he was more of a goalscoring midfielder/winger myself.

Don't see why not. He had a solid half season at Killie and they netted a cracking fee for him. I'd give him a bash.

Think you are right ?

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Souleymane is on Twitter,says his Egyptian nightmare is over and he's looking for a new club.Would love to see him with us...very good striker.

He was but he's not played many games in the last couple of years. worth a punt if don't get the Czech laddie or naismith mind you.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He was but he's not played many games in the last couple of years. worth a punt if don't get the Czech laddie or naismith mind you.

We have nothing to loose having him in training to have a look at him 

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Totally this!

I am most excited by edwards lee and uche.

Think edwards is going to give us a lot of what we have been missing

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, Locky said:

He did look good cutting inside and shooting. If his wages aren't too big I think he's worth signing

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We have nothing to loose having him in training to have a look at him 

Definitely. Is there anything in it? 

he'd bring something different no doubt.

Cut The Crap
32 minutes ago, Locky said:

What could possibly go wrong with a strategy like this? :unsure2:

The Internet
6 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, Barack said:

I don't. Hibs...because, well, their scouting network isn't very imaginative, & they will no doubt be in the market for another striker.

Crewe...was the first shithole mid-table, lower league team could think of. Lovely railway station though.

As much as we all hate Hibs that is laughable. We'd have took McGinn, McGeoch, Murray, Kamberi, Allan, that keeper Marciano or whatever.

Not sure they'd have took half the guys we've gone through in 2 seasons. 

They do however seem to get everyone we are into, so I guess there is some truth.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

As much as we all hate Hibs that is laughable. We'd have took McGinn, McGeoch, Murray, Kamberi, Allan, that keeper Marciano or whatever.

Not sure they'd have took half the guys we've gone through in 2 seasons. 

They do however seem to get everyone we are into, so I guess there is some truth.

Behave!

Marciano: complete bombscare. Single handedly cost them games

Mcginn: okay, reasonable player they signed from lower league team - but completely overrated

Mcgeouch: one of the few really solid players they have, no comment from me here

Kamberi: signing for a team that were already good attacking and winning games frequently - file under Stokes.

Allen: silly wee laddie that copies Harry cochranes hair and looks like a hillbilly fud. Can only play for hibs, as Celtic don't want him and cant be bothered playing for any other team (see his time at dundee for reference)

(Simon, I'm assuming) murray: pahhhaaaaahhhaaaaaa ?? scored once against us, did nothing else.

You are showing far too much respect for that mob. Stop brown nosing

1 hour ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Zlamal

Haring Souttar Berra

Coulibaly Naismith

Lafferty

Can not understand the hardon so many have on here for playing 3 at the back. Te vast majority of our best performances came with a back 4. In fact, most of the pathetic performances away from home were with 3/5 at the back, and no width or numbers going forward.

18 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

If we don't sign Naismith, he could play the no.10 role.

He's creative, unorthodox and talented.

Disagree, I think he needs to play up top.  His game isn't about linking play in that way, and you could see that last season.  He can do it, but it doesn't get the best out of him.  I'd have him right up top next to Lafferty and they can both take turns dropping and pulling wide - basically making the oppo's backline's jobs a nightmare.  He showed he can play midfield too and gets stuck in, keeps it simple and can try to drive us forward, and arrive late in the box for headers.  Playing him as a playmaker, you lose everything he is good at imo.

And now I reread your post and realise I've totally misread it first time!  Loathe to delete the above, having put so much work in to it though, so it shall remain as my opinion on Naismith!!!  I guess, given my above thoughts, I don't see them as direct replacements in our team.  Nice to have both, however unlikely, and your point stands from a financial point of view - if we don't get Naismith it'd free a space for Coulibaly.

17 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Can not understand the hardon so many have on here for playing 3 at the back. Te vast majority of our best performances came with a back 4. In fact, most of the pathetic performances away from home were with 3/5 at the back, and no width or numbers going forward.

I'd agree with that.  Our best performances last year came in a pretty orthodox 442.

We do have good wing-backs (if we get Mitchell) and no wingers of note though, so it does make sense on paper to play the above formation.  We now also have midfield options so 3 CMs also makes sense. The signings CL has made, I think add up to us playing 343 or, possibly moreso 352.

Edit: ps, forgot to mention. Three at the back isn't the reason I currently have a hardon.

Edited by TheBigO

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
16 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Never explicitly said “3” at the back is a must. We clearly have options now due to the volume of players signed. However “3” at the back if player correctly under Levein now with the options and players we have could be a good thing so many in the SPL in the modern day use this formation a number of Good performances last season were from that formation. The reason i’d lean towards a 3 also is because we don’t have quality wingers to play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 but time will tell

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Disagree, I think he needs to play up top.  His game isn't about linking play in that way, and you could see that last season.  He can do it, but it doesn't get the best out of him.  I'd have him right up top next to Lafferty and they can both take turns dropping and pulling wide - basically making the oppo's backline's jobs a nightmare.  He showed he can play midfield too and gets stuck in, keeps it simple and can try to drive us forward, and arrive late in the box for headers.  Playing him as a playmaker, you lose everything he is good at imo.

And now I reread your post and realise I've totally misread it first time!  Loathe to delete the above, having put so much work in to it though, so it shall remain as my opinion on Naismith!!!  I guess, given my above thoughts, I don't see them as direct replacements in our team.  Nice to have both, however unlikely, and your point stands from a financial point of view - if we don't get Naismith it'd free a space for Coulibaly.

:laugh: Did you think i wrote Lafferty?

I think Naismith and Coulibaly have some similarities. They are both creative forward players but are not out and out no.9s. 

They like to drop deep to get the ball and make things happen. They're both players who will hurt other teams at our level but we probably couldn't afford both of them. They'll both probably get 10-15 goals a season.

Just now, cosanostra said:

:laugh: Did you think i wrote Lafferty?

I think Naismith and Coulibaly have some similarities. They are both creative forward players but are not out and out no.9s. 

They like to drop deep to get the ball and make things happen. They're both players who will hurt other teams at our level but we probably couldn't afford both of them. They'll both probably get 10-15 goals a season.

See I think Naismith does his best work as a no 9.  Hasn't played it enough imo.  He can drop and pop the ball off or turn and make things happen, but then, so did Robbo.  I want SN up top hassling defenders, not playing in the hole trying to be cute.  Opinions though dude!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Definitely a good replacement for Milinkovic. Ripped us a new one at Rugby Park playing in a similar position iirc. He wouldn’t Cost a fee either.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See I think Naismith does his best work as a no 9.  Hasn't played it enough imo.  He can drop and pop the ball off or turn and make things happen, but then, so did Robbo.  I want SN up top hassling defenders, not playing in the hole trying to be cute.  Opinions though dude!

Definitely prefer him as the 2nd striker or no.10.

He's not as quick as he was but his footballing intelligence is excellent.

He makes things happen and when he's on his game, we make chances.

Much prefer Lafferty at no.9.

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

We’ve enough strikers already. 

You can never have enough strikers.

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

That half season at Killie is all you or I can judge him on really. And in that half season, he bagged a few goals, and Killie sold him for over a million.

Pretty sound strategy if you ask me.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ryank2014 said:

If punting useless players meant we made a good bit cash, we'd be chucking in £5m bids right left and centre. 

Probably filled the corners in as well with the change as osh and sammon would have went for world record transfers. 

Hopefully Djoum signs an extension and delivers for us and then if need be moves for a decent fee. 

With his injuries, if he doesn't recover and play well  I can't see clubs lining up to have him and he'll be lucky to stay with us. 

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Behave!

Marciano: complete bombscare. Single handedly cost them games

Mcginn: okay, reasonable player they signed from lower league team - but completely overrated

Mcgeouch: one of the few really solid players they have, no comment from me here

Kamberi: signing for a team that were already good attacking and winning games frequently - file under Stokes.

Allen: silly wee laddie that copies Harry cochranes hair and looks like a hillbilly fud. Can only play for hibs, as Celtic don't want him and cant be bothered playing for any other team (see his time at dundee for reference)

(Simon, I'm assuming) murray: pahhhaaaaahhhaaaaaa ?? scored once against us, did nothing else.

You are showing far too much respect for that mob. Stop brown nosing

Not brown nosing atall. Its just madness to slag Hibs' recruitment after the last 2 years of ours.

Simon Murray scored about 15 goals in the first quarter of the season if i remember. And yeah fair enough it was in the LC but we didn't have anyone smashing loads of goals past Peterhead etc. 

Anyway thats enough about the *****. It doesn't matter who they sign or we sign, they will always shit it at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will be blunt. McGinn and McGeoch are good players would have been excellent players for us. McGeough more so.

Allan? Questionable.

The others? Shite.

By the way it's 'would have taken' not 'would have took'. 

Grammar is a bugbear of mine. Apologies.

You missed 'and' from your second sentence. Apologies.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

That half season at Killie is all you or I can judge him on really. And in that half season, he bagged a few goals, and Killie sold him for over a million.

Pretty sound strategy if you ask me.

That is the strategy that got us Connor Sammon though and what I think the original post was alluding to 

He had a great half season at Killie, got a good money move........ 

2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If punting useless players meant we made a good bit cash, we'd be chucking in £5m bids right left and centre. 

Probably filled the corners in as well with the change as osh and sammon would have went for world record transfers. 

Hopefully Djoum signs an extension and delivers for us and then if need be moves for a decent fee. 

With his injuries, if he doesn't recover and play well  I can't see clubs lining up to have him and he'll be lucky to stay with us. 

I have the advantage of only having seen Djoum play a full 90 minutes once.  Think it was the ACON semi final and i could scarcely believe my eyes.  Couldnt vouch for the credentials of the opposition but to me he absolutely looked world class.  I could hardly believe he was our player.

If he can consistently reproduce that form for us he will be sensational imo.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Not brown nosing atall. Its just madness to slag Hibs' recruitment after the last 2 years of ours.

Simon Murray scored about 15 goals in the first quarter of the season if i remember. And yeah fair enough it was in the LC but we didn't have anyone smashing loads of goals past Peterhead etc. 

Anyway thats enough about the *****. It doesn't matter who they sign or we sign, they will always shit it at Tynecastle.

It was 8 goals he scored (pedantic swine that I am)

Very true, it took a while for our goals to come...then the big man stepped up and got more than any other hibs striker ;)

Good man though, nice easy 3 points at least this season ?

25 minutes ago, Bozi said:

That is the strategy that got us Connor Sammon though and what I think the original post was alluding to 

He had a great half season at Killie, got a good money move........ 

Tbh though Sammon had his good half season about 5 years before we signed him. Coulibaly is still young and was doing the business not long ago.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Well done, Austin. No need to apologise. You passed the test.

:wink:

Haha. We're all a little pedantic at times. :thumbsup:

Ps. There is probably a grammatical error somewhere in this post.