***World Cup 2018 - Argentina v Croatia***

Cade

Still time for a red card before this game is over.  Argentina starting to look very frustrated.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• milky_26

• Cruyff Turn

• AuldReekie444

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ministry MK2

There is something don’t particularly like about this Argentina team. 

Croatia cruising the “Group of Death”

Goes to show how much better Ronaldo is than Messi.  

Ronaldo is a leader, the pulse of their team with a desire to win.

Messi has the skills, of course but again is posted missing at a world cup.

1 minute ago, AuldReekie444 said:

what is the story with the Argentina coach? how is he in that job

I donť think anyone really knows, Tim Vickery mentioned this a few weeks back that the majority of opinion in Argentina was that he was a long way out of his depth.

glynnlondon
14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This is the worst Argentina team I think I’ve ever seen.

They were pretty bad in 1990 how they made the final I'll never know.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pity he's probably going to do some jail-time when he's back from the World Cup, for Perjury.

Wee camp Andre Agassi, in the Argentina dugout, be better off not returning to Argentina after this either.

Haha was thinking he's the double of Agassi 

alwaysthereinspirit

What will happen now to the 'burds" thread without the Argentinian t!ts in the tournament?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Messi tarnishing his legacy with yet another poor World Cup showing. He's been terrible. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Agreed.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Aye, but they had character and wouldn’t have laid down like this.

rudi must stay

Croatia look a very solid team. I think they're manager has played this game to a tee and made some good subs as well

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Aye, but they had character and wouldn’t have laid down like this.

They had Maradona in 1990. The greatest player ever. 

Incidentally, after that game I’m definitely betting No Red Card in every game. Ref’s clearly don’t want to show them. Could have been 3 or 4 tonight, starting with the first goalscorer ironically enough.

4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Messi tarnishing his legacy with yet another poor World Cup showing. He's been terrible. 

It is precisely why some people think Ronaldo is the better player. 

Argentina have individual talent all over the pitch but as a team they’re dreadful.

Zero chemistry between the players.

:jjyay:

That should really annoy some of the "football experts" on Facebook who couldn't point to within 100 miles of Madrid or Barcelona on map, who do nothing but argue about Ronaldo v Messi.  They will be devastated, and that's good enough for me.

'mon the Croatia!

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

It is precisely why some people think Ronaldo is the better player. 

Debate over.

Messi can't play with shit

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

They had Maradona in 1990. The greatest player ever. 

Incidentally, after that game I’m definitely betting No Red Card in every game. Ref’s clearly don’t want to show them. Could have been 3 or 4 tonight, starting with the first goalscorer ironically enough.

Spot on ?

People think managing Barca, Madrid, Munich etc is easy because of the players, nothing could be further from the truth. This tonight shows what a diddy manager will create.

This for me sums up the difference between Messi and Ronaldo.  Messi was just not able to impose himself on the game and influence the outcome.

Ronaldo carries that Portugal side, the players around him are no better than Messi has with Argentina, but Ronaldo consistently imposes himself on the game and makes things happen.

gashauskis9

Really enjoying Zabaleta and Fabregas’ punditry.  They come across a lot better than the crew on ITV.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

This for me sums up the difference between Messi and Ronaldo.  Messi was just not able to impose himself on the game and influence the outcome.

Ronaldo carries that Portugal side, the players around him are no better than Messi has with Argentina, but Ronaldo consistently imposes himself on the game and makes things happen.

Totally agree. This will inevitably open that discussion again, but if Ronaldo drags Portugal deep into this completion and scores 8 or 9 goals doing so, that'll push him over the edge for me. 

Nice to see Argentina getting smoked.  And the niggling fouls at the end showed a lack of class.

Worst Argentina performance I can ever remember. But the Missus has got Croatia in her office sweep, so all good here.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Messi has absolutely no physical presence.  Ronaldo the other night burst through a packed defence to get his head on the end of a low cross, putting his face amongst the boots of other players, to drag his team into the lead.  Messi waits for his teammates to give him the ball, and doesn't have the ability to impose himself on the game in the same way Ronaldo does, because without the ball, he can't play his game.

If Ronaldo was playing for Argentina tonight, he'd have made something happen in front of goal.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Debate over.

Messi can't play with shit

Goes to show how good Diego was, dragged Argentina and Napoli to trophies. 

What a shambles of a team Argentina are, manager didn’t have a clue! 

Croatia are a very good side, their midfield is possibly the best in this tournament, rakitic and modric :wub: 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Really enjoying Zabaleta and Fabregas’ punditry.  They come across a lot better than the crew on ITV.

Zabaleta very honest.  Even when talking about his friend and ex colleague, Caballero. 

gashauskis9
Just now, Barack said:

Zabaleta is very eloquent, & fair, considering he's just seen his team get melted, and it's his first time at punditry.

He’d make a good manager.  Very good temperament.