Ali Crawford

reaths17

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Over the last few weeks, there has been a general air of positivity over the new and potential signings - even though some (like me) have expressed reservations over their quality - and the tendency has been to look for the good in players, rather than focus on things like their career paths which are not always impressive.

So i think you're reading it wrong.

we will see, bauben and walker were always good for getting it, lets see who gets picked out for the treatment this season, the levein haters are wasting their time, he's way to big and clever to take any notice of any abuse thrown at him

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• maroonnicky63

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HillmanHearts

I quite rate Crawford.

No world beater but he might offer something a bit different than some of the midfielders we have brought in so far.

Bozanic & Edwards for instance are possibly more orthodox central midfielders.

Crawford can play further up and is good at linking attacks, seeing through balls and taking pops at goal.

( could replace Naismith on plastic pitches ! )

He's a bit like Jason Holt but with a more abrasive edge.

He's worth having a look at in training to check out his attitude and see if he fits.

The fact he's done everything he can to prove us wrong for releasing him is a plus point in my book.

22 minutes ago, WageThief said:

He's a very nice man when you get to know him.  He doesn't care much for grammar but the 'of' thing infuriates him.  I kind have understand his point.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/674282/dundee-united-Scott-Fraser-why-I-said-no-to-Hearts

"It is just the sheer ridiculousness of it.  It is one thing using the wrong 'their' or 'to' but it is a whole new low using 'of' instead of 'have'.  I can't go there" said Fraser  

:laugh:  I'm just glad that Bobby Burns didn't read this site before signing. Clever laddie!  

2 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

we will see, bauben and walker were always good for getting it, lets see who gets picked out for the treatment this season, the levein haters are wasting their time, he's way to big and clever to take any notice of any abuse thrown at him

If Levein is too big and clever to notice any abuse, why are posters saying negative posts will damage the club?  

By the light
21 minutes ago, Elmore said:

If Levein is too big and clever to notice any abuse, why are posters saying negative posts will damage the club?  

Because if an opinion/lie/story is said and repeated enough it becomes true.  Even worse when it’s spread and repeated all over social media then picked up on and put in the trash media.

The knock on effect can be damaging to the feeling around the club.  Look at Hibs for the opposite effect, their fans all buy in to myths about flair football, being world beaters and having the best team in Scotland out with Celtic. As much as it’s painful to say it, their fans have been well up for creating an atmosphere more than ours have in recent times.

Heard this morning that Crawford is hoping for a move to Blackpool, very unlikely that he'd come to Hearts. Also strong interest in Souttar from Derby County and Lafferty will be staying next season. 

7 minutes ago, Macros said:

Heard this morning that Crawford is hoping for a move to Blackpool, very unlikely that he'd come to Hearts. Also strong interest in Souttar from Derby County and Lafferty will be staying next season. 

Blackpool wanted him but the deal never happened because his knees are ****ed. 

TheAntiHibee
1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

getting a DD doesn't give you the right to rip the pish outta any of the players your supposed to be supporting, you contribute towards the finances you don't exclusively own the club, which seems to be the the opinion of the god given(paid for) right tae say what they want.

Right, pal.

5 hours ago, Alan_R said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ali-crawford-comes-back-haunt-6352058

The article around the quotes is set up to belittle hearts. Reading the quotes now them in themselves isn't that bad. It wouldn't lead me to think he "hates us" anyway.

Plus I'm shocked John Murray is still in a job anyway. Regardless of Crawford's ability I think he's been shown to make a lot of dubious recommendations over the past few years.

A couple things to consider though - would Crawford have developed in the same manner by staying at Hearts or moving to Hamilton where he made the first team at a young age, that exposure certainly benefited his development whereas he may not have got that at Hearts.

Also would he have even broken into the first team with Hearts given Walker, Holt, Robinson etc at the time were above him?  (I may be wrong with the timings but I'm sure he was in or around this group of players).

Don't get me wrong he's a decent player but he's not exactly gone on to bigger and better things that we're all losing sleep over.

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, Macros said:

Another ITker, who to believe on this site.. who can you trust

26 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

A couple things to consider though - would Crawford have developed in the same manner by staying at Hearts or moving to Hamilton where he made the first team at a young age, that exposure certainly benefited his development whereas he may not have got that at Hearts.

Also would he have even broken into the first team with Hearts given Walker, Holt, Robinson etc at the time were above him?  (I may be wrong with the timings but I'm sure he was in or around this group of players).

Don't get me wrong he's a decent player but he's not exactly gone on to bigger and better things that we're all losing sleep over.

All fair points I think , jambo19

47 minutes ago, Macros said:

The Blackpool link was reported LAST week (Google it can't be bothered finding it again myself)

Since then he's coming to hearts on trial. So to say it's "unlikely" is nonsense really.

I expect whoever you've been speaking to has just picked up on last week's news.

Likewise with souttar. That's old hat, though not to share derby won't renew interest

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

I know iv'e never heard of that but the person i spoke to was adament that was the case.

I can tell you that will be nonsense unless some kind of contract has been signed.  He's not our employee so we have no responsibility to or for him.

9 hours ago, WageThief said:

He's a very nice man when you get to know him.  He doesn't care much for grammar but the 'of' thing infuriates him.  I kind have understand his point.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/674282/dundee-united-Scott-Fraser-why-I-said-no-to-Hearts

"It is just the sheer ridiculousness of it.  It is one thing using the wrong 'their' or 'to' but it is a whole new low using 'of' instead of 'have'.  I can't go there" said Fraser  

Link broken and link text don't work either. Story been deleted?

10 minutes ago, jambotea said:

Link broken and link text don't work either. Story been deleted?

I think it’s someone taking the piss

8 hours ago, Barack said:

And his Mrs doesn't want to leave Motherwell. Apparently.

Don't forget that. Although...The Vegas Of The North is tempting...

She sounds like a keeper 

will-i-am-a-jambo
27 minutes ago, James1874f said:

She sounds like a keeper 

Nah l think she's a right back mate!

Captain America

He seemed to do well in a poorer team ( bit like Templeton) and if he offers us something different then he will be a good addition.

If his attitude is considered an issue then a 'trial' seems like a good idea to see how he fits in with squad.

Can't see CL letting him take part in pre-season just to keep him fit especially if he so open about not signing for us and considering across the city. 

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Nobody, mate. Nobody is ITK.  

maroonnicky63
23 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Point to me where I’ve said in any of my posts he’s a “class act” my whole point on these posts are posters like yourself getting his knickers all wet because a young player rejected by a club wanted to show them they’d made a mistake.

calm down precious ffs 

this is a hoot coming from a poster like you who is more than happy to have a go at a player who has lost form. If he signs for hearts he will have my support which i give every player, I don't rate him the only thing I really like about him is he can take a decent free kick but if he proves me wrong no one will be happier than me

maroonnicky63
23 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Just checking, that you're actually 63 years old...?

Unbelievable, an adult getting their knickers in a twist because a young footballer said 'slightly' negative things (yet understandable) when he left our club...you know, when we released him and I'd imagine he was completely gutted.

Jesus, you're right we should hound him out of his trial...how dare he!

calm down son only an opinion , Jesus , I have been hounded on here having a go at people for having an opinion so thought I would put mine, if you don't like it tough you will just have to get over it

maroonnicky63
23 hours ago, WageThief said:

But I thought Kitchen was only good for pointing? 

From my point of view, the opposite has happened.  He has been argued by many to be the "type of player" we should be looking to sign.  If Lennon had taken him on trial the view would've been we'd missed a trick, no doubt.  

As we have taken him on trial, we should now focus on how he is a "gobshite", how angry he was about being released, and a spat (spout?) he had with the legend that is Rudi.......Kitchen.

Listen , if he comes in and does well then fine I was expressing how I feel about a player that perhaps may sign for us. on the other side of the lennon comment you know as well as I do if he had gone on trial with hibs some on here would saying he was shite anyway

Nookie Bear
23 hours ago, Ribble said:

When I was in the same company he repeated his comments from 2-3 years ago when he scored against us(sure Paterson was sent off in the same game)  basically saying he’d been desperate to score against us, get it up John Murray etc only in person his language was slightly more colourful than what he said to the papers

Sounds like exactly the sort of fighter we could do with.

11 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

calm down son only an opinion , Jesus , I have been hounded on here having a go at people for having an opinion so thought I would put mine, if you don't like it tough you will just have to get over it

Personally I like seeing you give an honest opinion of a player for a change.

19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Not claiming to be ITK, the person I spoke to is an old friend who is a parent of one of our players. We were chatting about the upcoming season, when I mentioned Crawford they said as far as they knew going south is his preferred choice and the Blackpool option is still available, but I'm not claiming this is written in stone.

19 hours ago, Alan_R said:

The Blackpool link was reported LAST week (Google it can't be bothered finding it again myself)

Since then he's coming to hearts on trial. So to say it's "unlikely" is nonsense really.

I expect whoever you've been speaking to has just picked up on last week's news.

Likewise with souttar. That's old hat, though not to share derby won't renew interest

As I said above whilst we were talking about the upcoming season they were quite sure Lafferty will still be a Hearts player next season but weren't so sure about Souttar.

34 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

It's not me that needs to calm down 'son' (laughable calling someone that in itself)...

Tell you what, why don't you toddle off...put your hair in pigtails, maybe grab a skipping rope or a piece of chalk to play hopscotch...and then you can properly act like the 10 year old girl that you're opinion appears to come from.

Someone call then WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE! poor old Nicky doesn't like it when nasty Ali Crawford says slightly uncomplimentary things about Hearts.

What makes it more amusing, is that he probably said the comments as a slightly immature young man...who would no doubt have felt rejected and therefore lashed out (ironic huh Nicky!).

Edited by Deviskan

21 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Listen , if he comes in and does well then fine I was expressing how I feel about a player that perhaps may sign for us. on the other side of the lennon comment you know as well as I do if he had gone on trial with hibs some on here would saying he was shite anyway

Fair enough. I totally get why people are moaning about signing Mulraney but moaning about potentially getting Crawford seems like clutching at straws to me.  Some people would probably moan about anything.

Yes it works both ways - pretending that McGinn is rubbish doesn't really work for me either but I understand that sort of bias.  And a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek too.  

On here, Lennon (quite rightly imo) gets credit for the good job he has done at Hibs whereas people fall over themselves to discredit what Neilson done for us.  Jack Ross is another missed trick apparently because he won a piss-poor championship.  I dont understand that and I don't think it is tongue-in-cheek.

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

this is a hoot coming from a poster like you who is more than happy to have a go at a player who has lost form. If he signs for hearts he will have my support which i give every player, I don't rate him the only thing I really like about him is he can take a decent free kick but if he proves me wrong no one will be happier than me

I’m glad you know my posting history because I know feck all about yours but glad you stalked my  previous posts :lol: 

you really are a keeper bud 

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

It's not me that needs to calm down 'son' (laughable calling someone that in itself)...

Tell you what, why don't you toddle off...put your hair in pigtails, maybe grab a skipping rope or a piece of chalk to play hopscotch...and then you can properly act like the 10 year old girl that you're opinion appears to come from.

Someone call then WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE! poor old Nicky doesn't like it when nasty Ali Crawford says slightly uncomplimentary things about Hearts.

What makes it more amusing, is that he probably said the comments as a slightly immature young man...who would no doubt have felt rejected and therefore lashed out (ironic huh Nicky!).

I don’t think Nicky will see the irony in his posts tbh.

i thought schools were still in?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sounds like exactly the sort of fighter we could do with.

Depends on whether you see it as fighting talk or whinging i suppose

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

No Laff at training today. At a funeral.  

Crawford out there though. 

There's a video on Hearts Twitter of the guys jogging.  Not sure it's from today. 

Edited by Mikey1874

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Depends on whether you see it as fighting talk or whinging i suppose

What was robbos?

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's a video on Hearts Twitter of the guys jogging.  Not sure it's from today. 

I’m working up next to the pitches just now mate.

They’re getting a pummelling!

No balls in sight. 

:oohmatron: 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m working up next to the pitches just now mate.

They’re getting a pummelling!

No balls in sight. 

:oohmatron: 

Good!! I want us fit as feck next season!!! 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

You sat up there with a wee camping seat, some Tizer, & a couple of sausage rolls or something?

:lol:

:D   

Tizer. :lol:   That’s a throwback!

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

What was robbos?

No idea, in the couple of times I've had the pleasure of meeting Robbo he didn't mention it

At times it's not what you say but how you say it!

Just now, Barack said:

Get some abuse shouted at the new boys.

Get them used to it.

Bit late with that request.

Steve McLean started chasing me but twisted his knee. Blame me if he’s not seen til December.  

Just now, Ribble said:

No idea, in the couple of times I've had the pleasure of meeting Robbo he didn't mention it

At times it's not what you say but how you say it!

Ok pal I get you don’t like Crawford we’d be as well leaving it at that.

agree to disagree 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Bit late with that request.

Steve McLean started chasing me but twisted his knee. Blame me if he’s not seen til December.  

Shout at Crawford to feck off because he hates us allegedly 

KnightyJambo
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

You sat up there with a wee camping seat, some Tizer, & a couple of sausage rolls or something?

:lol:

He's obviously been to Greggs then.

Must be ITK about our next signing!

:robbo:

1 minute ago, Barack said:

If you can get Crawford to chase you next, that'll be fine. Preferably for some, into the path of an oncoming car.

I don't like him, as he's a niggly little dick. But if he plays in our eam...good. Fed up with teams thinking: "Aww, here comes the cute little Hearts midfield. Let's bully them, shall we boys?"

He wouldn't **** about in there. And we need that. I'm not overly-fussed either way, but he has attributes that may help us over a season, if he signed.

Bang on Barack!!

show me a 15 yr old laddie that is released from a pro team that wouldn’t resent it a bit!!! 

11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Shout at Crawford to feck off because he hates us allegedly 

He’s like a mini-mini Lennon...

::troll::  

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

If you can get Crawford to chase you next, that'll be fine. Preferably for some, into the path of an oncoming car.

I don't like him, as he's a niggly little dick. But if he plays in our team...good. Fed up with teams thinking: "Aww, here comes the cute little Hearts midfield. Let's bully them, shall we boys?"

He wouldn't **** about in there. And we need that. I'm not overly-fussed either way, but he has attributes that may help us over a season, if he signed.

Got to agree.

Thing is though, the new buzz phrase for new signings is....”he’s an improvement on” ...such and such.

But how much of an improvement?

How much a jump in quality?

You can categorise players into average, good and great with every player doing something better than others and vice versa.  

Edited by Debut 4

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s like a mini-mini Lennon...

::troll::  

Ffs don’t tell the Crawford haters that!!! :lol: 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, Barack said:

I don't like him, as he's a niggly little dick. But if he plays in our team...good. Fed up with teams thinking: "Aww, here comes the cute little Hearts midfield. Let's bully them, shall we boys?"

My sentiments as well. 

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Got to agree.

Thing is though, the new buzz phrase for new signings is....”he’s an improvement on” ...such and such.

But how much of an improvement?

How much a jump in quality?

You can categorise players into average, good and great with every player doing something better than others and vice versa.  

Individually it's hard to tell but a team is more than just the sum of its parts. ?