Ali Crawford

reaths17

levein keen to take Crawford on trial, according to the d.expresss.  seems a strange one, surely he knows what crawfords all about.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• maroonnicky63

• Mikey1874

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Levein obviously trolling Crawford

take him on trial so we can reject him again

give the wee ******* something more to whine to the press about

I’ve got three Hamilton fans at work(all connected to the same family before anyone asks!!) and they’re not even that bothered that he was leaving in the first place. “Flatters to deceive“  and “one good game in ten” were a couple of the quotes. This was weeks ago before today’s revelation.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Meh.

Looks great in highlight packages and disinterested in full games. Not the kind of player we need.

Fxxx the SPFL

His old man works in my office i will check with him and report back if there is any truth in the rumour.

BerraBelieveit

Last season only managed one goal in 14 games.However three previous seasons - 23 goals in 104 league games ...playing midfield for Hamilton Academical! When the boy turns up he is the heartbeat of that team. Imagine he had better players around him & was at a club going places.Think he has a bit of an attitude problem but so would I if i was that talented and had to turn out and show it off to that shambles of a club/stadium every second week.I understand perhaps if he got his head down more and worked hard consistently he might've got his move but I would be willing to give him a chance and I don't think it is a chance he would waste. As above, would come in as a squad player but no reason why he can't push for a start as he does have it in there somewhere. 

Ryan Jarman

Thought he wanted to go to England? Working out well I see. 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

His old man works in my office i will check with him and report back if there is any truth in the rumour.

Unfortunately he's on holiday in Torremolinos but his work colleague said that Crawford will be training with Hearts to keep fit. Blackpool and Dundee sniffing around as well allegedly

Nookie Bear

Think if we are going to be positive about signing the likes of Mulraney, it's a no-brainer to be positive about looking at guys like Crawford.

What's the mantra? "Maybe Craig sees something in him..."

Would rather we focussed on bringing in a defensive midfielder to be honest. 

If we do sign him I hope that it’s not at the expense of giving game time to Cochrane and rather just to ease the burden on him a little. 

Personally it'd be a no from me, far too inconsistent and unless someone like Callaghan moves on I'd be reluctant to have anyone else impacting Cochrane's development/playing time

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Personally it'd be a no from me, far too inconsistent and unless someone like Callaghan moves on I'd be reluctant to have anyone else impacting Cochrane's development/playing time

A hugely important point.

• redm changed the title to Ali Crawford

We have signed plenty to fill out the squad.

If we take Crawford on trial it is to test whether or not he is better than what we have. 

We only need/want players that are better than what we have now as the squad is full.

Famous 1874

Say we get Naismith back, Levein has already said that he will be deploying Edwards in the attacking midfielder position so we may not need Crawford. Although he is definitely an upgrade on Callachan and Cowie.

Seems pointless, have enough squad players and he wouldn't be anymore than that. Assuming we bring in a good quality DM, we will have Cochrane, Burns, Lee, Edwards, Djoum to supplement centre midfield. Cowie to be a back up at best, Callachan papped. Naismith to play has a 10 when required. Don't see what Crawford brings.

letsalldothebeattie

Decent player would make a good addition to the squad but how much game time would he get with us?

Plus did he not say he was moving down south that’s why he was leaving Hamilton

Famous 1874

Seems very overhyped and a lot of Hamilton fans have said that while he is a decent wee player he tends to only turn up every so often. Well below our level of player 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He's f****g shite end of. Scores the odd good goal and he is some sort of Lanarkshire Maradona.

Wasn't good enough for Hearts then and certainly not now.

Tynecastlesmychurch

I'd take him. At worst he'd be a decent squad player! And who knows. Playing in a team with better players he could improve and be a decent player for us.

2 minutes ago, Chaps said:

He’s pish. Struggled to even get into a woeful Hamilton team last season.

He was out injured most of it.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Not had an Ali Crawford thread for a few days.

Nice to see one back.

Genuinely never seen an AC thread on here.

He would be a good signing, he's a player likes to get forward, likes to shoot from distance, bit of trickery in his locker - think he's type of player who would flourish with better players around him too.  Of course he's no world beater but we aren't in the market for them - if I had the choice of him or Callachan coming off the bench to change a game then I know who I'm picking.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

I’ve got three Hamilton fans at work(all connected to the same family before anyone asks!!) and they’re not even that bothered that he was leaving in the first place. “Flatters to deceive“  and “one good game in ten” were a couple of the quotes. This was weeks ago before today’s revelation.

I've a friend of mine who's a Hamilton fan as well (between us we must know all of them! :lol:) and he says exactly the same, he wouldn't be bothered if Crawford left as he's a one in ten game type player who is vastly over rated, he's a very good judge of player as well and no dafty, so I trust him on this one. 

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Jambo92 said:

He would be a good signing, he's a player likes to get forward, likes to shoot from distance, bit of trickery in his locker - think he's type of player who would flourish with better players around him too.  Of course he's no world beater but we aren't in the market for them - if I had the choice of him or Callachan coming off the bench to change a game then I know who I'm picking.

I know I posted above my thoughts, but when you put it like that, then there really would be no choice, he's miles better than Callachan. 

PhoenixHearts

Seems counterproductive. I mean we've literally just signed Edwards so we could be more handsome....

Crawford will put us right back in the middle of the pack.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

He'd be a decent addition.

Crawford would be a good signing. And a replacement finally for Jamie Walker, a guy that plays just between the midfield and attack. Something we're missing :thumbsup: