Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

David Milinkovic has told Genoa he would like to return to Hearts next season but the Italian club are demanding a £600,000 fee. The Frenchman is keen to continue his career at Tynecastle Park but negotiations are at a tricky stage with interest from other clubs in Italy and France.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/genoa-quote-hearts-600k-transfer-fee-for-david-milinkovic-1-4748557

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/940514734?-347:821

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

For all I like DM there’s no way we should think about spending that even if we did have surplus lying around.

Maybe in a few years when finances are in a far stronger state in respect of budget for the first team can we then think about any large fees for players we feel are worth it. 

letsalldothebeattie

Unless they either drop the valuation by a few 100k I’d sadly pass on this deal. Either that or maybe another loan

A_A wehatethehibs

Not a chance we could pay that but to be honest I wouldn’t say it’s a dramatically unfair price. Based on that they would take 400k for him which is about right 

Sadly it won’t be us paying any of that type of fee at this moment in time. Unless we sell Soapy for £1.5m 

It's like the Lee Miller situation all over again, surely we agreed a suitable buying price as part of the loan arrangement? 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

To an established Italian team like Genoa I'm sure that's a relative pittance, and seems a low valuation; but to us that's mile's out of our spending power. Or at least way more than we should be spending with our other obligations.

Sepp's Bladder
14 minutes ago, Bozi said:

It's like the Lee Miller situation all over again, surely we agreed a suitable buying price as part of the loan arrangement? 

We didn't loan him from his parent club so this wouldn't be possible

Just now, Sepp's Bladder said:

We didn't loan him from his parent club so this wouldn't be possible

I thought they cancelled his loan arrangement so that they could loan him to us? 

gashauskis9

Nobody will pay that imo.  Not a bad thing, gives room for negotiation or another loan.  Don’t see this one getting sorted quickly though.

Sepp's Bladder
2 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I thought they cancelled his loan arrangement so that they could loan him to us? 

That would seem like the easier way to do it! However, quoted from the hearts site when he signed "The 23-year-old winger, who holds dual French/Serbian nationality, joins Hearts on loan from Italian Serie B side Foggia Calcio."

I would love to see him back next season but £600k is too much and we don't have £600k anyway. It's a starting figure that will drop but I can't see it drop enough for us especially if there are other clubs interested.

Edited by 1953

King prawn
Just now, 1874robbo said:

If we had that kind of money to spend I’d be looking for better tbh.

Me too - I like him as a player but I wouldn’t pay more than £250k for him. 

This scenario was always likely after he was quite successful here, hopefully nobody else meets the price and it might drop?

I like him but 600k could buy us 3-4 decent players. Hopefully 600k is just a starting point and they are willing to negotiate. 

Gorgie_Rules

Probably represents his market value to be honest. Just a shame 90% of the market isn’t available to Scottish clubs any more 

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Dont need him according to some! We do have Jake Mulraney. :facepalm:

Written off before he even kicks a ball. 

Adam_the_legend

600k is an impossible figure for us right now, unless we were to sell someone for decent money and even then I don’t think he’s worth it. Are Genoa going to drop their asking fee by 75%? Unlikely. Sounds like we’ll just need to move on. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I wouldn’t believe anything Barry writes. He gets his exclusives from here :lol: 

Didn't he get his Lafferty exclusive from here? 

Saint Jambo
39 minutes ago, Bozi said:

So often posters talk as if we are the only party involved in negotiating a deal with another club or player. (Why didn't we sign McLaughlin for longer being another classic example this season.) If Genoa think he is worth £600k now, they probably thought that a year ago too. He has been good but I wouldn't say has massively increased his value this year.

Do you think we should have had a suitable price of a couple of hundred thousand negotiated in Mitchell's loan deal as well?

portobellojambo1
27 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I like him but 600k could buy us 3-4 decent players. Hopefully 600k is just a starting point and they are willing to negotiate. 

Suppose it might depend if any of Barry Anderson's piece is true. If there are other clubs interested and Genoa see a present value of £600k as fair then they might be more inclined to negotiate upwards rather than reducing the price.

I don't think it matters whether it is Milinkovic or any other player we are interested in, we aren't in a position to offer that sort of money at this time. We are looking, at this stage, to assemble a team which can compete in all domestic competitions  and that sort of money could well get us 3 or 4 other players who overall could help more in us achieving that

All Out Attack

Don't think we are in a position to pay anything other than token fees, so can't see this happening. 

When does his current contract run out? Did I read somewhere on here he’s turned down a new deal? If it’s next summer then maybe wait to sign him in January on a pre contract and see if a cheap deal can be done then?

Genoa are having a laugh at 600k. he’s hardly kicked a ball for them and they’ve loaned him out since he signed. Hopefully Skinny is working an angle with then to get back to Tynie. 

Don't believe that for a second. Banderson is full of sh!te, makes things up always. 

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn't he get his Lafferty exclusive from here? 

Yeah 2 weeks after I posted it. The day he signed he was telling us all how he was at Easter road for crunch talks. I called him out on it, got shot down on here and 20 mins later scarf above head is online..

He does not know how much Genoa want, nor does he know if we would pay a fee or not.

Not nearly consistent enough to merit a large fee, when he does turn up he is great but that's not that often.

Agree with others there is better around for the money being talked.

Tennant's  6's

that's a kick in the baws.. 

might be pish though, if so, defo time to get Temps snapped up.

the move for Scott Fraser is still hopefully a possibility 

Take off a zero and we're talking. Even if we had it we would be unlikely to spend that for a guy who was in and out of the team. Especially when we can pick up the likes of temps for free.

King prawn
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

600k is an impossible figure for us right now, unless we were to sell someone for decent money and even then I don’t think he’s worth it. Are Genoa going to drop their asking fee by 75%? Unlikely. Sounds like we’ll just need to move on. 

Genoa have around 20 players on loan at various clubs at the moment (judging by Wikipedia) - they might just be chancing their arm but I think Milinkovic loves Hearts more than Levein loves him.

frankblack

There doesn't seem to be any room for negotiations here.  This valuation is utter fantasy from Genoa.

Time to focus our attention elsewhere.

If we are the only bidder then Genoa have severely misjudged what our spending limit is.

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Dont need him according to some! We do have Jake Mulraney. :facepalm:

No ones actually said this, have they?  

Ah. Might explain why Levein made a point of talking about our restricted budget around the same time as news of the £3m transfer from FOH. That’s one heck of an inflated price tag. 

I love Skinny and I’d love him to come back next season but suspect both he and Genoa know that £600k is way out of our price range. 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Written off before he even kicks a ball. 

Not written off. You can see why some fans don't think a guy who couldn't make the first team of a mid table championship side is an improvement on last season.  How come Steve Clark who has just had a really good season at Killie is seen as a one season wonder that doesn't deserve the benefit off the doubt yet, but a guy who couldn't get a regular game with Inverness does deserve it.  There's some logic flying around this place. 

Never worth 600k.

Half that, maybe, but 600k is way out of our league at this moment in time.

• redm changed the title to Fee agreed for Milinkovic?