So who's next then

wanderer

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

There's two Czech players with the name David Vanacek, they're cousins - anyone know which one we're supposedly interested in? I couldn't tell from the translated article.

the big one

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

11 hours ago, JohnB said:

There's two Czech players with the name David Vanacek, they're cousins - anyone know which one we're supposedly interested in? I couldn't tell from the translated article.

Well hopefully it's the younger of the two as one is nearly 35 and the other 27.

BackOfTheNet

Just who will be next then? It’s been *hours* since our last signing and quite frankly I’m growing rather impatient for the next announcement...

the_jailer

Hearts are keeping tabs on Czech striker David Vanecek. But it wouldn't be one for right away - he's under contract at FK Teplice until January. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, the_jailer said:

Hearts are keeping tabs on Czech striker David Vanecek. But it wouldn't be one for right away - he's under contract at FK Teplice until January. 

Borthwick stealing my exclusives!

Cruyff Turn
29 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

It's between us and Sigma Olomouc who don't have an owner and only get 5,000 fans per week, so I'd imagine our offer is a better one. Teplice might be willing to accept a nominal fee for his services. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It's between us and Sigma Olomouc who don't have an owner and only get 5,000 fans per week, so I'd imagine our offer is a better one. Teplice might be willing to accept a nominal fee for his services. 

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-1-liga-rocnik-2017-18/336532/olomouc-shani-utocnika-pro-evropu-prijde-z-teplic-vanecek.html

Loosely translated says he scolded at the offer from Hearts but hasnt decided - seems he would prefer to move now.

Scored 10 goals in 29 games last season for Teplice who finished mid-table - 5th highest scorer in the Czech League. They only scored 32 goals last season so he should fit in at Hearts :happy: 

Bazzas right boot
On 01/06/2018 at 16:02, jonnothejambo said:

Good point. With a baby on the way hopefully he will want to remain, certainly for another season.

Money talks, however.

Aye, but when the  thing pops out and has a wee chuck look about him, none of that will matter :whistling:

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I get nervous when I see us linked with strikers given we have signed MacLean and a brick toilet from Cambridge. Given we are not entirely predisposed to playing more than 1 up top it tends to make you concerned re KL 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

I get nervous when I see us linked with strikers given we have signed MacLean and a brick toilet from Cambridge. Given we are not entirely predisposed to playing more than 1 up top it tends to make you concerned re KL 

Think we'll play more than one up top next season once levein got his own players 

46 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think we'll play more than one up top next season once levein got his own players 

Who's players dud he have last season when HE was manager?

Raymond Reddington

I dont think maclean will play many games. I think he is a paul gallacher type signing. We did register him as a goalie. Maclean does not play on plastic pitches therefore there is 4 games he will not play.

Nookie Bear
43 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

I dont think maclean will play many games. I think he is a paul gallacher type signing. We did register him as a goalie. Maclean does not play on plastic pitches therefore there is 4 games he will not play.

6, if Livvy change to artificial. 

58 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Cathros 

Cathro wasn't the manager after league cup fiasco.

Levein was the manager of the players.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

6, if Livvy change to artificial. 

Surely it's too late for Livi to decide on artificial for next season.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Cathro wasn't the manager after league cup fiasco.

Levein was the manager of the players.

Yeah your right but cathro prepared the players during pre season , players weren't fit enough, squad was unbalanced, players confidence was shattered, think we'll find things a lot different this coming season 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they were going artificial. 

chuck berrys hairline
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Walked past it at weekend and their pitch is in same state of works as ours so maybe something in it

letsalldothebeattie
9 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Think it was mentioned after the play off final that they were making the change to plastic pitch this summer 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

Any truth in Jamie walker coming back on loan? 

That's something I imagine would be likely.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

You tell us.

Brickies at work seem to think it could happen. No sure how he's getting on at Wigan?

I'll add that there mates with some of his mates 

Edited by Bigkyle

Hungry hippo
15 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apologies. I must have totally missed that one.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Do the brickies at your work, moonlight as agents? Nice work if you can get it.

As for Wigan, and his playing time... :lol:

Highlight of his "career" down South to date, was the signing video Wigan released...

He can stay down there for me, quite honestly.

They are friendly with walker and his mates. Have a quite a few fb pics on nights out and bbq etc with walker 

Absolute Scenes

No to jamie walker coming back

The young guys and loaness showed more passion and grit in 4 months than he showed in 2 seasons

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No to jamie walker coming back

The young guys and loaness showed more passion and grit in 4 months than he showed in 2 seasons

Maybe come back with a point to prove, if he can't get in Wigans team last season then he's no getting in it next season. Bring him back down to earth, got the impression he thought he was bigger than hearts 

Tennant's  6's
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

They should have a night out down Wigan then.

**** taking him back. Made his choice not to try a leg for 12 months up here. Now he seems happy to accomplish the same feat in Wigan for more money.

Well said.

would rather Temps & even Zannatta out wide. Or more central, McDonald.

so many youngish players leave our league only to find out how tough it can be down south. 

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

**** taking him back. Made his choice not to try a leg for 12 months up here. Now he seems happy to accomplish the same feat in Wigan for more money.

I thought Stevie Gerrard would be salivating at the thought of Jamie Walker in Rangers midfield 

Pans Jambo
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

I agree with this. JW was my favourite player at one point (a long time ago) but I witnessed a good player turn into a lazy bassa so he's burnt his bridges for me.

That said, IF he comes back and rekindles his best form then who am I to argue?

adambraejambo

Jamie walker on a year loan eager to impress and get a move away from Wigan...yes plz. Jamie walker and his last 10 months form at Hearts a big fat no. Only way I'd take him back on loan (defo would not sign permanent) was if there was a clause in loan contract that we could send him back hassle free if it turned out he was just going through the motions again. If he was giving 100% every game he be a asset to any team in Scotland.  

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Yes please

Absolutely. He was a great player for us going forward, badly needed in this team. Would take him 100%

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Bigkyle said:

Any truth in Jamie walker coming back on loan? 

No thanks, he can get to ****. He had the chance to sign a long term deal here as a high earner, he decided he was too good for us and didn't try a leg, now he's a league 1 failure and will ultimately end up at Falkirk or Morton. He's made his bed.....

Absolute Scenes
51 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

Maybe come back with a point to prove, if he can't get in Wigans team last season then he's no getting in it next season. Bring him back down to earth, got the impression he thought he was bigger than hearts 

Don't think so tbh

He was so desperate to leave, can't see him coming back to the club he wanted to leave so much, with a sudden lion's heart and desire to prove a point

He wouldn't get a game ahead of Moore anyway

scott herbertson

I doubt Walker would want to come back to us.

if he did I would be delighted but he would have to overcome the negative reaction of many fans, and it’s never easy to play well when a proportio;of the crowd has it in for you.

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't think so tbh

He was so desperate to leave, can't see him coming back to the club he wanted to leave so much, with a sudden lion's heart and desire to prove a point

He wouldn't get a game ahead of Moore anyway

Are you serious that he wouldn't get a game ?

Granted you might no like the lad and everyone is entitled to their opinion

Walker had a very poor year before he left.....

But The management team played walker up until his move and they are the ones that watch him train and play every week...

They could've easily left him on the bench or even dropped him out the squad ,but they chose not to because he was still one of the best players we had 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Are you serious that he wouldn't get a game ?

Granted you might no like the lad and everyone is entitled to their opinion

Walker had a very poor year before he left.....

But The management team played walker up until his move and they are the ones that watch him train and play every week...

They could've easily left him on the bench or even dropped him out the squad ,but they chose not to because he was still one of the best players we had 

Come on

Even in that shambles of a cathro season, he couldn't stand out. I like the lad and wanted him to succeed and was even happier he was able to get down and start afresh...but I wouldn't take him back.

He clearly has ability, but attitude can thwart it. The young boys show more hunger, desire and passion.in the games they've played, McDonald in particular, than walker did, therefore I wouldn't want him playing

Having said that, if he signs on loan he will get my full support.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Absolutely. He was a great player for us going forward, badly needed in this team. Would take him 100%

Correct answer, yes his time at the end was frustrating to see, but the lad has qualities

Walker can **** off, had his chance and he just wanted away. Hasn't done anything at Wigan.

Maybe Livi or St Mirren will be keen for a loan. Well maybe not Livi given they are going for a plastic pitch.

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Come on

Even in that shambles of a cathro season, he couldn't stand out. I like the lad and wanted him to succeed and was even happier he was able to get down and start afresh...but I wouldn't take him back.

He clearly has ability, but attitude can thwart it. The young boys show more hunger, desire and passion.in the games they've played, McDonald in particular, than walker did, therefore I wouldn't want him playing

Having said that, if he signs on loan he will get my full support.

he managed to score 12 goals in league and 16 in total and win player of the year did he not?

He done all that while also playing pretty average in the last 4 months of that season

You said he wouldn't get ahead of Moore that's just crazy to believe that,

Not for me. Would rather get Naismith on loan again as work rate and attitude much better. Would also rather he was around the younger lads than Walker